Search This thread

norman00037

Nov 17, 2021
Google Pixel 6
I am already using the app version. But I don't know what to type on the text box to enable it. Do I just type "--exit" for apply_on_boot? It's blank by default which means disabled.

The example for apply_on_plug is about the "wireless/voltage_max that forces fast charging on Pixel devices which confuses me. Is apply_on_plug only for Pixel devices?
Please include your configuration. Otherwise I cannot tell what causes your device to stop charging at 65% on reboot.
Can you screenshot the whole page like this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220123-145201.png
    Screenshot_20220123-145201.png
    195.3 KB · Views: 46

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
Pixel 2/Android 11. Using AccA, but I am looking at what's been set in Acc by it.

The phone is charged over the pause_capacity sometimes because it is sometimes charged whilst shut down.

However prioritize_batt_idle_mode=false, yet (once booted) the phone seems to be stuck in a battery idle mode rather than allowing the battery to slowly discharge to 'safer levels' around the pause and resume capacity levels. So the battery remains at its higher state of charge, neither being charged nor allowed to discharge.

Is this expected behaviour, and is there a parameter I can set to allow the phone to discharge and be maintained (ideally in an idle mode) between the pause and resume capacity levels? Of course I can manually disconnect power for a while, but would like this to be automatic...
prioritize_batt_idle_mode=false is the default behavior. As the name implies, it controls a priority (i.e., its effect is not absolute). Besides, it has no effect when a particular charging switch is enforced (with a trailing " --"). That said, prioritize_batt_idle_mode works only when the charging switch is set to automatic (unset or non-persistent mode (no trailing " --").

When the battery level is between pause and resume, acc does nothing other than wait for the value to cross one of the thresholds. Idle mode is only enabled when charging stops (e.g., at pause capacity or on demand with acc -d).

If you want a switch that does or does not support idle mode - i.e., one that has a more consistent and predictable behavior - set it manually. acc -t will show you which switches work and which support idle mode. You can then enforce one (trailing " --" included) with acc -ss.

Reactions: duttyend

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
I want to enable apply_on boot and applyonplug on AccA but I don't know what to put there to enable them. I looked at the instructions but I still don't understand what to do.

I wanted to enable both because when I restart my phone while chargng, it just maxes out at 65% even though I have it set to pause at 80%.
apply_on_boot and apply_on_plug are totally unrelated to this. I don't think you need these for charging control anyway. You can use the search function of your browser or text editor to find more information in the documentation (README file).

apply_on_boot and apply_on_plug are meant for applying miscellaneous kernel settings that may or may not be related to charging. In fact, those can even be used to tweak CPU governors, scaling frequencies, memory management, and really anything else that a kernel tweaking app does - and more.

Reactions: duttyend

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
Here's a new snapshot, especially for those who are facing major issues:

**v2022.1.23 (202201230)**
- Fixed bg-dexopt-job wrapper causing long accd stop delay;
- Fixed typos in README;
- Fixed voltage "millivolts --exit" error;
- General optimizations;
- Improved charging status logic;
- Updated unexpected reboot troubleshooting guide.

As always, if not satisfied, acc -b instantly undoes the upgrade.

Attachments

• acc_2022-01-23_10:04:51.zip
    122.9 KB · Views: 378

WibblyW

May 24, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Moto X Play
prioritize_batt_idle_mode=false is the default behavior. As the name implies, it controls a priority (i.e., its effect is not absolute). Besides, it has no effect when a particular charging switch is enforced (with a trailing " --"). That said, prioritize_batt_idle_mode works only when the charging switch is set to automatic (unset or non-persistent mode (no trailing " --").

When the battery level is between pause and resume, acc does nothing other than wait for the value to cross one of the thresholds. Idle mode is only enabled when charging stops (e.g., at pause capacity or on demand with acc -d).

If you want a switch that does or does not support idle mode - i.e., one that has a more consistent and predictable behavior - set it manually. acc -t will show you which switches work and which support idle mode. You can then enforce one (trailing " --" included) with acc -ss.
So have I understood correctly that ACC doesn't currently support the behaviour I'm after automatically by a certain switch combination:

- Phone booted and ACC sees it's already over the pause threshold
- Battery discharges to pause level
- idle mode (assuming it's supported by the phone) kicks in so it maintains the pause threshold

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
So have I understood correctly that ACC doesn't currently support the behaviour I'm after automatically by a certain switch combination:

- Phone booted and ACC sees it's already over the pause threshold
- Battery discharges to pause level
- idle mode (assuming it's supported by the phone) kicks in so it maintains the pause threshold
So far, you're the only person asking for this. I never thought of implementing it.
Since acc supports plugins, I wrote one for you to achieve the desired behavior.
Simply place the attached .sh file in /data/adb/acc-data/plugins/ and restart the daemon to load the new plugin.

P.S., I recommend upgrading to the new acc version from above.

Edit: the plugin was updated.

Edit 2: the switch in config must support idle mode.

Attachments

• no-idle-above-pause.sh
    668 bytes · Views: 11
Last edited:

stankyou

Dec 20, 2010
Huawei Nexus 6P
OnePlus 5T
Hello. Anyone here with a Pixel 6 that have this working? Do I need a custom kernel?
I only have Capacity Control and Temp Control enabled but it doesn't seem to stop charging.
I'm stock, Magisk/rooted with busybox module.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220125-003937.png
    Screenshot_20220125-003937.png
    179.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20220125-004117.png
    Screenshot_20220125-004117.png
    356.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

bush911

Oct 12, 2012
重庆
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel
Hello. Anyone here with a Pixel 6 that have this working? Do I need a custom kernel?
I only have Capacity Control and Temp Control enabled but it doesn't seem to stop charging.
I'm stock, Magisk/rooted with busybox module.
Just for your information: I am also using Pixel 6, with latest magisk and Kirisakura plus defeault settings Kernel battery idle mode works pretty well for me.
Plugged overnigth, It turned out that the battery lever is still at 80% and cosumes 0mA or -10 mA.

I also changed voltage to 4150mv, it also works.

Reactions: stankyou

WibblyW

May 24, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Moto X Play
So far, you're the only person asking for this. I never thought of implementing it.
Since acc supports plugins, I wrote one for you to achieve the desired behavior.
Simply place the attached .sh file in /data/adb/acc-data/plugins/ and restart the daemon to load the new plugin.
/data/adb/acc-data/plugins/ does not exist on my device. Should I create that folder and put it in there or put it in the existing /data/adb/vr25/acc-data/plugins/ folder?

mr.inter

Dec 27, 2012
Zabbar
Tried using the search function, but could not manage to find anything similar, so apologies if this has been answered before.

Is there a way by which phone keeps charging for a few seconds / minutes after hitting a certain set percentage, sort of a delay.

Brettroth

Apr 4, 2018
After updating to 1-8 version the test shows none of my switches working for idle mode. On 12-20 version I have several working. On a op6t with mcd kernel.

Reactions: Zilla0617

Lorewaifu

Nov 22, 2020
is there a way to disable fast charging with this? or am I doomed to getting another charging brick? (S9 SM-G960F that may be useful)

WibblyW

May 24, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Moto X Play
Just out of curiosity, not an essential requirement. But mainly due to disconnecting phone from charger and immediately losing 1% since it would have immediately stopped charging upon reaching 70% for example.
Yeah - it drops from 70 to 69.9 I guess. So really just a product of the battery gauge only showing whole percentages? And perhaps that the battery voltage drops just because it's not being charged any more.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i've noticed something even though the charging stops correctly.
    after the charging stops, but while it's still plugged in with the screen off - the battery drains faster than it usually would when it's unplugged from power with the screen off.

is this just a rookie mistake on my part i assume? a setting or two i need to adjust?
    This happens because the phone won't enter deep sleep while charging.
    AFAIK there is no way to fix that.
    Are there any kernels that allow battery idle mode on xioami phones?
    Are there any kernels that allow battery idle mode on xioami phones?
    It depends on your phone,

The one I've used:

Redmi note 8: Sixteen kernel, SilonT, Quicksilver,SurgeX, almost all Redmi note 8 Kernel
    Redmi 7: SilonT (I was on A10 derpfest)
    Redmi note 7: can't find one
    OK, but what about Samsung Galaxy S10 with exynos, could anyone help...?
    I don't use Samsung but you can try acc - t to find charging switch that support idle mode

I've installed it for a friend on old Samsung S6 A10 in LOS and the idle mode is supported
    Get rid of AccA, its boring!

LineageOS 19.1 / Poco F1 works perfectly with this config.txt:

configVerCode=202111030
    capacity=(20 99 70 88 false false)
    temperature=(28 36 300 55)
    cooldownRatio=()
    cooldownCurrent=
    cooldownCustom=()
    resetBattStats=(false true)
    chargingSwitch=(battery/input_suspend 0 1)
    applyOnBoot=()
    applyOnPlug=(battery/constant_charge_current_max::600000::1800000)
    maxChargingCurrent=()
    maxChargingVoltage=(battery/voltage_max::4200000::4400000)
    language=en
    runCmdOnPause=()
    ampFactor=
    voltFactor=
    loopCmd=()
    prioritizeBattIdleMode=false
    currentWorkaround=false

Charge current (600mA / real 450 mA) trickling down when maxChargingVoltage (4200mV) is reached and stops unfailing at 88% capacity. Doesn't charge above 36°C, cools down for 5 Min. then retries again.
    Change values at will. Check performance with app: " 3C Battery Monitor" or similar.

have fun!
    Archive
    Find newer zips here.
    Those who are worried about other projects of mine not being updated for a long time, possibly abandoned...
    Stop worrying.
    After the next stable ACC release, I'll focus more on the other Magisk modules (fbind, Migrator, Systemless GApps, etc.).
    The current ACC framework is the base of all the other projects - meaning, making it rock stable it priority #0.
    A new stable release is up.
    It can be downloaded from Magisk Manager > Downloads as well.
    Refer to the readme for a full list of changes, features and recommendations.
    Now I'll be focusing more on the other projects (migrator, fbind, systemless GApps, daily job scheduler...).
    Until these reach satisfactory status, acc will only get occasional maintenance updates (bugfixes, optimizations, new charging control files...).

Edit: the installer enforced by Magisk Manager is not playing nice with acc. Until I fix that, use the zip from GitHub (release link above).

Edit 2: fixed.