Search This thread

tuan94_bg

Jul 12, 2022
Sony Xperia 5 II
i am using xperia 5ii. i changed my phone battery to 4500mAh. can anyone tell me how to fix these values, i can't fix it directly. thank
Screenshot_20220807-235930.png

panni

Feb 6, 2007
@VR25 v2022.7.30-dev is working great here on the Nothing phone 1. Using battery/charge_control_limit 0 battery/charge_control_limit_max and forceOff. This even works with Qi charging, not only USB. Before forceOff some internal thermal management service turned the switch on again after some time.

The only thing I've noticed: The resume percentage isn't terribly accurate. I have it at 75, and yesterday it started charging even when it was a 76% battery.

Thanks for this great tool, been using it for years.

Zaxx32

Mar 23, 2019
Morgantown
Moto G5 Plus
Moto G7
Got a new Pixel 6a...using AccA app but charging doesn't stop at 90% as it should and only ever makes it to 2.5A. What switch does the P6a use or should I jeave it on 'auto'. And yes, I gotta use AccA cuz I've no how to use ACC directly...lol So go easy on me guys...plz

Reactions: VanGray

MrMojo93

Sep 21, 2017
Hello,

I have a OnePlus Nord which was recently updated to Android 12. Since than ACC doesn't work. Even though I set the limit at 80%, the phone charges up to a 100% every night.
I'm using the latest dev version. I'll attach the logs. Thanks very much for your help!

Marton

Attachments

• acc-logs-Nord.tgz
    54.8 KB · Views: 8

VanGray

Sep 17, 2021
Got a new Pixel 6a...using AccA app but charging doesn't stop at 90% as it should and only ever makes it to 2.5A. What switch does the P6a use or should I jeave it on 'auto'. And yes, I gotta use AccA cuz I've no how to use ACC directly...lol So go easy on me guys...plz
Why not using a terminal to find which switch is working for you ?
you can do it once and then using ACCA after.

Juste plug a charger, type :

su
acc -t

and you'll find the list of all the charging swich you can use.

Find one with "charging switch true" then enforce it with

su
acc -ss
the charging switch

Zaxx32

Mar 23, 2019
Morgantown
Moto G5 Plus
Moto G7

su
acc -t

su
acc -ss
the charging switch

I didn't know that's how to find out. I've only ever worked with the 'front end' apps. Thank you for for the tip!

I've also been curious about the last 2 settings in AccA.
What is the proper syntax for setting 'apply_on_boot' or 'applyOnplug' to true. I've never messed with control files before and there not a lot of docs for Acc or AccA.
The last coding I've done was waay back in high school and a bit in college (basic, cobol and machine lang. lol)
If u can link me to any 'noob level' guides re: control files, I'm sure interested.

BertProesmans

Aug 14, 2022
OnePlus X
Nothing Phone 1
@VR25 v2022.7.30-dev is working great here on the Nothing phone 1. Using battery/charge_control_limit 0 battery/charge_control_limit_max and forceOff. This even works with Qi charging, not only USB. Before forceOff some internal thermal management service turned the switch on again after some time.

The only thing I've noticed: The resume percentage isn't terribly accurate. I have it at 75, and yesterday it started charging even when it was a 76% battery.

Thanks for this great tool, been using it for years.
Hi, I'm new to working with acc and own a Nothing Phone. Is it possible to share your acc configuration file?

I figured out "battery/charge_control_limit 0 battery/charge_control_limit_max" is the charging switch, forceOff is the approach acc persists those values to the system.
I'm curious if there are other variables interesting to tweak, and would like to learn more from a practical example.

Uluru25

Nov 27, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S7
Samsung Galaxy A6
.. onl
Hi, I'm new to working with acc and own a Nothing Phone. Is it possible to share your acc configuration file?

I figured out "battery/charge_control_limit 0 battery/charge_control_limit_max" is the charging switch, forceOff is the approach acc persists those values to the system.
I'm curious if there are other variables interesting to tweak, and would like to learn more from a practical example.
Only to give you an idea: I use the ACC Settings front end to 1) limit the charging current, 2) limit the max. percentage of charging, 3) stop charging in case of elevated temperatures but 4) create a biphasic charging with a higher current in the beginning and a low current at the end. My motivation is to maintain a good battery health. Whether or not 4) makes really sense I don't know. See attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220815-122845_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20220815-122845_Trebuchet.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot_20220815-122854_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20220815-122854_Trebuchet.png
    107.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_20220815-122900_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20220815-122900_Trebuchet.png
    130 KB · Views: 113

Arcline

Sep 11, 2016
Can someone give me their opinion on my setup? The settings are pretty overwhelming, but after reading the documentation I came up with this:
- Shut down is unchanged, cooldown at 60, resume at 75, pause at 80. Automatic charging switches.
- Temperature: Cooldown above 42, pause at 46, shutdown 50;
- Cooldown cycle: Charge period 50s, cooldown period 10s, cooldown current 500mA;
- Charging switch: Idle mode first;
- Statistics: Reset on pause;
Basically I want to limit charging at 80%, limit temperature at around 42C and make the cooldown cycle via limiting current instead of pausing. Also prioritize input power instead of battery when connected at pause level and reset stats when charged. Is my setup correct?
Thanks!

BertProesmans

Aug 14, 2022
OnePlus X
Nothing Phone 1
I've been trying out acc since Monday on my Nothing phone. I cannot reliably put the phone into idle/slow charging mode monitoring the status through AccA and acc -i/dumpsys battery. But I've had minor success on wireless charging and USB slow chargers.
I've seen unexplainable things so far, probably because i'm handling it wrong; acca(CLI) lockups, accd crashes on valid config changes, accd seemingly sleeping when phone is locked, accd not taking new config changes etc

I suspect my computer's USB isn't a proper power source to work off, I suspect the power randomly drops to ~0Amps without accd running.
Fast chargers indeed keep pushing 2+Amps no matter what I do, which is documented in the readme.

Before calling in help I'm going to try on my own for another while.
I'm also considering moving over to AccA profiles and DJS, but as far as I can see it's not possible to encode force_off=true into AccA profiles.

panni

Feb 6, 2007
I've been trying out acc since Monday on my Nothing phone. I cannot reliably put the phone into idle/slow charging mode monitoring the status through AccA and acc -i/dumpsys battery. But I've had minor success on wireless charging and USB slow chargers.
I've seen unexplainable things so far, probably because i'm handling it wrong; acca(CLI) lockups, accd crashes on valid config changes, accd seemingly sleeping when phone is locked, accd not taking new config changes etc

I suspect my computer's USB isn't a proper power source to work off, I suspect the power randomly drops to ~0Amps without accd running.
Fast chargers indeed keep pushing 2+Amps no matter what I do, which is documented in the readme.

Before calling in help I'm going to try on my own for another while.
I'm also considering moving over to AccA profiles and DJS, but as far as I can see it's not possible to encode force_off=true into AccA profiles.
I'm using the NP1 very successfully with the latest dev acc. I'm avoiding AccA right now as it behaves weird with it. I've posted my used config a couple of posts ago - this one is VERY stable for me. Upper limit is 80% and while charging using Qi it goes to 82% at most, over 10 hours. I'd say that charging switch works fairly well, but only with forceOff.

Edit: The 2% overshoot probably happens over hours and is not a concern for me as it's still low enough and probably at a very low trickle charge.

Edit 2: To make it more clear: I use AccA occasionally to check on charging currents, but only every couple of days. I've edited the config using the acc CLI, after setting the charging switch using acc, then editing my limits using the acc CLI config editor. I've stopped using AccA for anything other than monitoring.

As I've switched between acc versions, I've stopped using AccA to set the actual config. No issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: duttyend

disconmair

May 18, 2012
I'm using the NP1 very successfully with the latest dev acc. I'm avoiding AccA right now as it behaves weird with it. I've posted my used config a couple of posts ago - this one is VERY stable for me. Upper limit is 80% and while charging using Qi it goes to 82% at most, over 10 hours. I'd say that charging switch works fairly well, but only with forceOff.

Edit: The 2% overshoot probably happens over hours and is not a concern for me as it's still low enough and probably at a very low trickle charge.

Edit 2: To make it more clear: I use AccA occasionally to check on charging currents, but only every couple of days. I've edited the config using the acc CLI, after setting the charging switch using acc, then editing my limits using the acc CLI config editor. I've stopped using AccA for anything other than monitoring.

As I've switched between acc versions, I've stopped using AccA to set the actual config. No issues.
Can you please share your config file?
Thanks.

Reactions: duttyend

panni

Feb 6, 2007
Can you please share your config file?
Thanks.
Code:
configVerCode=202207300                  

ampFactor=                                
battStatusWorkaround=true                
capacity=(5 101 75 80 false false)        
cooldownCurrent=                          
cooldownRatio=( )                        
currentWorkaround=false                  
dischargePolarity=-                      
forceOff=true                            
idleThreshold=40                          
language=en                              
offMid=true                              
prioritizeBattIdleMode=false              
rebootResume=false                        
resetBattStats=(false true false)        
temperature=(40 45 90 65)                
tempLevel=0                              
voltFactor=                              

applyOnBoot=()                            

applyOnPlug=()                            

battStatusOverride=''                    

chargingSwitch=(battery/charge_control_limit 0 battery/charge_control_limit_max --)

cooldownCustom=()                        

maxChargingCurrent=()                    

maxChargingVoltage=()

runCmdOnPause=''

panni

Feb 6, 2007
I see in my config file, the chargingSwitch is set to
Code:
(battery/battery_charging_enabled 1 0)
Can you tell me what is the difference between yours and the default setting?
Thanks.
The difference is mine works :D (this is the only charging switch that worked reliably for me on the NP1)

Edit: No, seriously, mine limits the charging power, yours is a switch that if it works, it disables charging. The difference is that mine will still show the charging icon and yours won't (if it works).

Kasinel

Sep 2, 2017
I have checked all the available swich for my phone (Poco x3 pro) and none of them work, could someone help me?
Rom: Evolution X (Android 12)
Kernel: Stock Evolution X
ACC Ver: v2022.7.30-dev
Front-end app: AccA

Attachments

• acc-t_output-vayu.log
    13.2 KB · Views: 10
  • config.txt
    620 bytes · Views: 6

su
acc -t

su
acc -ss
the charging switch
Hello,

Need some guidance as to which switch to select from the 3 options where switch works and battidlemode is true. I have pixel 6 pro and charging using the 30w charger that came with it.

Attachments

• acc-t_output-raven.log
    13.5 KB · Views: 16

VanGray

Sep 17, 2021
Hello,

Need some guidance as to which switch to select from the 3 options where switch works and battidlemode is true. I have pixel 6 pro and charging using the 30w charger that came with it.
Try this one:

5/24: gcpm/constant_charge_current_max 1933090 0
switch: off (0) current: -0mA (Idle)
switch: on (1866420) current: -1378mA (Charging)
Switch works ✅
- battIdleMode=true

Top Liked Posts

Have you tried using ACCA.APK? It is available on F-Droid ...
    side note: Both AccA and AccSettings app have compatibility issues with new versions of acc. But they still work fine in some cases.
    Hi everyone,

I could use some help or suggestions if anyone has ideas. I am running ACC on a OnePlus N200 and it worked great for a while but at some point it started to ignore the capacity_resume percentage. Occasionally it ignores the capacity_pause percentage and charges to 100%. As an example, let's say I set resume=70 and pause=80. ACC almost always stops charging at 80%. Seriously reliable. But, if I plug the device in at, say, 75%, charging should not begin if I understand things correctly till the level drops below 70%.

I cannot prove this yet but it *seems* that updating the ROM (using LineageOS 19.1 which tends to update weekly) somehow breaks the resume function. No idea if this is actually possible (the /data/adb directories should not be touched by an update) or if it is a coincidence. Uninstalling and reinstalling ACC, sometimes a few times, eventually fixes the problem. I have attempted to set/reset config values via ACCA.APK, via ACC in Termux and also via RootExplorer's built-in text editor. I suspect the config file is okay.

Am currently running v2022.7.30-dev version.

Can anyone give me a hint what I might be missing and how I could fix this little issue? Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Try downgrading acc to v2021.12.20.

For me this was the solution (on three different devices, but all running LOS19.1).

samhhmobil
    Hi!
    I have a Xiaomi Mi Mix 4 with LineageOS 12 rooted with magisk, and acc is unable to cut the battery charging.
    [...]
    I had similar trouble with the latest build (after many years without any issue).

Downgrading to build v2021.12.20 did fix this issue. Now again it works as it should. :)

samhhmobil
    Thank you for this great tool!
    I used it on my Redmi Note 4 (under Lineageos) where it really improved the battery lifespan.
    Before using ACC, I had to replace the battery every year... Since I use ACC (~3 years), I didn't have to replace it a single time :).

But my touchscreen was starting to fail... I then switched to a brand new Redmi Note 11.
    On this new phone, I could not yet make ACC works. I tried all the switches... the phone either do not charge or do not stop charging... I also tried the latest dev version without success.

Anybody has a working configuration (or switch combination) for ACC for Redmi Note 11 (Model 2201117TG, Snapdragon 680, MIUI Global 13.0.4, Android 12 SKQ1.211103.001, Magisk 25.2)?
    Answering to myself...
    The switch that works is battery/input_suspend.
    When I use it manually (e.g. echo ¨1" > /sys/class/power_supply/battery/input_suspend) it effectively suspends or resumes the charging.
    But from ACC, it works for some minutes only.

I adapted a script that I found somewhere (I don't remember where).
    It can be saved as battery_limit.sh in the home directory) that is launched through Termux shortcuts (as root, e.g. su -c /data/data/com.termux/files/home/battery_limit.sh).
    Bash:
    #!/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/bin/bash
    MIN=70
    MAX=75
    CONTROL_FILE=/sys/class/power_supply/battery/input_suspend
    CAPACITY=/sys/class/power_supply/battery/capacity
    REFRESH_INTERVAL=60

while true
    do
      CURRENT_LEVEL=$(cat $CAPACITY)
      echo 'Battery level: ' $CURRENT_LEVEL
      if [[ $CURRENT_LEVEL > $MAX ]]; then
        echo "1" > $CONTROL_FILE
        echo 'Suspending charging'
      fi

if [[ $CURRENT_LEVEL < $MIN ]]; then
        echo "0" > $CONTROL_FILE
        echo 'Resuming charging'
      fi

sleep $REFRESH_INTERVAL
    done

It has less blows and whistles than ACC, but it works like a charm.
    Well, this may be a last post here since no obvious answers are available. I suspect @VR25 is busy with other projects since the DEV version has not been updated since late July and he has not posted here in a while.

As a last observation, should it help anyone, the capacity_resume switch seems to work fine, exactly as intended, when the phone is plugged into the computer USB port. The switch seems to be ignored or not capable of working as intended when the phone is plugged into a wall charger (brick) - the type does not seem to make a difference. I have tried the OnePlus Warp charger, the OnePlus charger that came with the N200 and a generic charger. They all report "charging rapidly" on the lock screen and charging resumes as soon as the device is plugged in, regardless of ACC settings.

Yet, the capacity_pause switch does work with all chargers and charging stops before 100%, as indicated in the ACC config file.

Moving on to other projects ...
    Archive
    Find newer zips here.
    Those who are worried about other projects of mine not being updated for a long time, possibly abandoned...
    Stop worrying.
    After the next stable ACC release, I'll focus more on the other Magisk modules (fbind, Migrator, Systemless GApps, etc.).
    The current ACC framework is the base of all the other projects - meaning, making it rock stable it priority #0.
    A new stable release is up.
    It can be downloaded from Magisk Manager > Downloads as well.
    Refer to the readme for a full list of changes, features and recommendations.
    Now I'll be focusing more on the other projects (migrator, fbind, systemless GApps, daily job scheduler...).
    Until these reach satisfactory status, acc will only get occasional maintenance updates (bugfixes, optimizations, new charging control files...).

Edit: the installer enforced by Magisk Manager is not playing nice with acc. Until I fix that, use the zip from GitHub (release link above).

Edit 2: fixed.