Search This thread

goRt

Mar 19, 2007
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 8
Mine did that. I uninstalled acc with the uninstaller, deleted any front end apps, turned off adaptive charging mode on my pixel 7 pro and installed the 2022.6.4 version of acc. I ran a test of switches, the only switch that showed idle mode capable for me was 'main-charger/voltage_max 4200000 voltage_now'. I set the switch using acc -ss. I then set my stop/start parameters via the config file. Also made sure batteryidlemode was set to true. Now my charging seems to start/stop and idle correctly. Only 24 hours in, so we'll see if I have any problems going forward. Not sure if completely deleting any acc front end apps or using the uninstaller on GitHub fixed my problem, but now it seems to be working.
I've done a lot of playing around on my P7, the most stable option I've found is gcpm/constant_charge_current_max 4000000 0
Although ACC -t shows that doesn't support idle it does when selected - run for over 24 hours switching from wireless to wired charging

Uluru25

Nov 27, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S7
Samsung Galaxy A6
Too bad the ACC App is not being updated anymore.
I keep having issues with the config not saving then the app will just crash.

I need help, I'm trying to enable the reset battery stats on pause using Termux but I'm not sure what I should put exactly on the "(rbsp)". Should it be "true" if I want to enable it?

So it's going to be like this in Termux: "acc reset_batt_stats_on_pause true"?
... as already written I use AccSettings as gui. Regarding the correct syntax for resetting battery stats on pause, see screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221108-125634_Trebuchet_1.png
    Screenshot_20221108-125634_Trebuchet_1.png
    246.6 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: Darth Bidder

bunklung

Mar 20, 2011
Mine did that. I uninstalled acc with the uninstaller, deleted any front end apps, turned off adaptive charging mode on my pixel 7 pro and installed the 2022.6.4 version of acc. I ran a test of switches, the only switch that showed idle mode capable for me was 'main-charger/voltage_max 4200000 voltage_now'. I set the switch using acc -ss. I then set my stop/start parameters via the config file. Also made sure batteryidlemode was set to true. Now my charging seems to start/stop and idle correctly. Only 24 hours in, so we'll see if I have any problems going forward. Not sure if completely deleting any acc front end apps or using the uninstaller on GitHub fixed my problem, but now it seems to be working.

I've done a lot of playing around on my P7, the most stable option I've found is gcpm/constant_charge_current_max 4000000 0
Although ACC -t shows that doesn't support idle it does when selected - run for over 24 hours switching from wireless to wired charging

Thanks for both of these responses. I didn't realize I was using a pre-release, so I downgraded to 2022.6.4 and went with this option on the P7NP:
acc -s s="gcpm/constant_charge_current_max 4000000 0"
When I plug into USB is now shows USB powered as true. I also don't see the screen randomly turning on and off.

Thanks!

Reactions: goRt

mochamoo

Oct 16, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
This has been working for me as well. However, the last day or two I've noticed that it is charging to 100% while on wireless charger. Do you have anything in the "apply on plug"? I've been going ok without.

I also miss the battery status saying charging (fast) or (taper). Now it's just charging or discharging (unknown) in ACCA.

mochamoo

Oct 16, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
This has been working for me as well. However, the last day or two I've noticed that it is charging to 100% while on wireless charger. Do you have anything in the "apply on plug"? I've been going ok without.

I also miss the battery status saying charging (fast) or (taper). Now it's just charging or discharging (unknown) in ACCA.
Disregard. Somewhere along the way Accubattery was active (after I'd disabled it). Have uninstalled it entirely and issue seems resolved for now. However the status thing isn't helpful. It used to say "idle".

Last edited:
Reactions: goRt

Jch4xer

Jun 17, 2020
Tried acc settings and acca, but I think since both are depreciated and don't work anymore on P7Pro.

Switches from idle, to charging past set 80, and sometimes showing 100 when it's plugged in etc.o welll

bunklung

Mar 20, 2011
So, I had to switch to:
acc -s s="charging_switch=main-charger/current_max 500000 0"
This is for a p7np.

Wireless charging doesn't work. It keeps phasing in and out of a charging state. Is there a way to use a certain switch depending on if you are wireless charging? Can you have more than one switch depending on the situation?

zzenyoo

Sep 11, 2014
Chełm
LG V10
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I have a OP8 pro running A13 ROM... What commands did u use in terminal? For me I managed to set start from 82% and stop at 86%. But once it reaches to 86% it still shows that it's charging when it's not...
like I said for me acca work quite well so I didn't had to use terminal. This is my config.txt for reference coz it may differ in your case (charging switch, etc.)

Extreme_Ninja2099

Jan 1, 2017
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6T
I managed to get acc working on A13 custom ROM
Prerequisites:
  • acc 2022.7.30-dev version installed
  • AccA 1.0.35 from the github: Link
Method:
  1. Install AccA 1.0.35 apk
  2. Open the app
  3. Grant root
  4. Go to profiles
  5. edit charge to 90%
  6. Change the values
  7. Turn on prioritize battery idle mode
  8. Click save
  9. Click on that profile to select it
  10. Done
Notes:
  • I use a 8 Pro, so this might be different for you
  • The one issue on A13, is that the battery icon stays on charging and doesn't change back to normal/discharging.
    • This would've been better as it's more obvious that acc worked and the phone stopped charging

Last edited:
I have tried using the ACC module on my P6P and now P7P to varied degrees of inconsistency. Finally I settled down to using a magisk mod that @kylechen had shared in the P6P Themes/Apps/Mods section.

What the mod essentially does is set the charge_start_level and charge_stop_level vales for Google charger in /sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_stop_level and start_level.

I have been using the 85% module which essentially stops charging at 85% and starts charging at 84%. Has been working flawlessly for me since August last year.

Extreme_Ninja2099

Jan 1, 2017
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6T
I have tried using the ACC module on my P6P and now P7P to varied degrees of inconsistency. Finally I settled down to using a magisk mod that @kylechen had shared in the P6P Themes/Apps/Mods section.

What the mod essentially does is set the charge_start_level and charge_stop_level vales for Google charger in /sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_stop_level and start_level.

I have been using the 85% module which essentially stops charging at 85% and starts charging at 84%. Has been working flawlessly for me since August last year.
Seem like that mod is only for pixels 😥

mochamoo

Oct 16, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
This is what is set in acca. Yet when I look in termux it shows up capacity control as 5 101 70 75. What is the 101 and where is it coming from? My pixel 7 pro still charges to 100 after some time. Have tried different charging switches and have mcc 3900 mv 500. Just turned off the adaptive battery settings so maybe that will help?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221115-104624.png
    Screenshot_20221115-104624.png
    188.2 KB · Views: 43

Uluru25

Nov 27, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S7
Samsung Galaxy A6
This is what is set in acca. Yet when I look in termux it shows up capacity control as 5 101 70 75. What is the 101 and where is it coming from? My pixel 7 pro still charges to 100 after some time. Have tried different charging switches and have mcc 3900 mv 500. Just turned off the adaptive battery settings so maybe that will help?
The 2nd value indicates the charging level which triggers to apply the cool down modus. This cool down modus can e. g. a pattern of charging - not charging - charging - not charging... for a defined amount of seconds (e. g. 50 s charging then 10 s not charging) and/or to reduce the charging current to a different value. I use the latter one, thus my phone is quickly charged to a certain level, then the last percent are charged with a reduced current.
I assume acc uses 101% if no (!) such cool down modus has been configured.

edit:
see the screenshot in https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/advanced-charging-controller-acc.3668427/post-87695451: this is my configuration with 60 % triggering the cool down to 500 mA.

Last edited:
Reactions: mochamoo

mochamoo

Oct 16, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
The 2nd value indicates the charging level which triggers to apply the cool down modus. This cool down modus can e. g. a pattern of charging - not charging - charging - not charging... for a defined amount of seconds (e. g. 50 s charging then 10 s not charging) and/or to reduce the charging current to a different value. I use the latter one, thus my phone is quickly charged to a certain level, then the last percent are charged with a reduced current.
I assume acc uses 101% if no (!) such cool down modus has been configured.

edit:
see the screenshot in https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/advanced-charging-controller-acc.3668427/post-87695451: this is my configuration with 60 % triggering the cool down to 500 mA.
Thanks for the explanation. Charging switch gcpm/constant_charge_current_max 1933000 0 seems to work sometimes. But then it doesn't and it goes to 100% at night when on the wireless charging stand. I watch the battery status in ACCA and it seems to be working as intended but the phone's battery usage graph shows it creeping up over a few hours to 100. Same when using ACC settings. Arghhh! Hoping that turning off the adaptive charging settings will help. Will find out tonight. Am slowly learning my way around termux and/or adb shell.

mochamoo

Oct 16, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for the explanation. Charging switch gcpm/constant_charge_current_max 1933000 0 seems to work sometimes. But then it doesn't and it goes to 100% at night when on the wireless charging stand. I watch the battery status in ACCA and it seems to be working as intended but the phone's battery usage graph shows it creeping up over a few hours to 100. Same when using ACC settings. Arghhh! Hoping that turning off the adaptive charging settings will help. Will find out tonight. Am slowly learning my way around termux and/or adb shell.
Still no luck. Going to try calibrating with a full charge next. Was trying night settings out. Was still using phone until almost 3am. Any suggestions?
Screenshot_20221116-101753~2.png
Screenshot_20221116-093513.png
Screenshot_20221116-101405.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221116-093513.png
    Screenshot_20221116-093513.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 17

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    generic chargers are unreliable reduce battery life or may expose manufacturer recommend only original charger

ACCA in the shutdown configuration appears at a maximum of 20% does not appear 34% is it possible to insert 34% in the ACCA configurations?

Does ACCA have the same behavior as stopping charging at start?
    Try editing the config.txt (in /data/adb/vr25/accu-data) directly via a root file manager as shown in the screenshot. My value is 5 so change it to 34.
    ... there is a strong warning to never edit this file in windows:
    WARNINGS

# Do not edit this in Windows Notepad, ever!
    # It replaces LF (Linux/Unix) with CRLF (Windows) line endings.

# Nullifying values that should not be null causes unexpected behavior.
    # However, doing so with "--set var=" restores the default value of "var".
    # In other words, for regular users, "--set" is safer than modifying the config file directly.

# Do not feel like you must configure everything!
    # Do not change what you don't understand.

See here.

Here you also find more background info to the module and some frontends.
    Archive
    Find newer zips here.
    Those who are worried about other projects of mine not being updated for a long time, possibly abandoned...
    Stop worrying.
    After the next stable ACC release, I'll focus more on the other Magisk modules (fbind, Migrator, Systemless GApps, etc.).
    The current ACC framework is the base of all the other projects - meaning, making it rock stable it priority #0.
    A new stable release is up.
    It can be downloaded from Magisk Manager > Downloads as well.
    Refer to the readme for a full list of changes, features and recommendations.
    Now I'll be focusing more on the other projects (migrator, fbind, systemless GApps, daily job scheduler...).
    Until these reach satisfactory status, acc will only get occasional maintenance updates (bugfixes, optimizations, new charging control files...).

Edit: the installer enforced by Magisk Manager is not playing nice with acc. Until I fix that, use the zip from GitHub (release link above).

Edit 2: fixed.