Advanced debloating

Search This thread

Wolfbreak

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 8, 2010
Everyone knows about System Apps which can be removed so i thought id share what you can delete more to save even more Space.
I have modded iHackers 2.1 AROMA Version from 740 MB to 334 MB with deleting all Apps i dont want and the things i listed here.
Be careful what you delete as i warned you so its not my fault if you break something afterwards.

Google Now [Not tested yet]

[files for Offline Search but nowadays you are connected to a Network always anyway so if you don want you can delete this maybe]

system/usr/srec/config
system/usr/srec/en-US/acoustic_model
system/usr/srec/en-US/clg
system/usr/srec/en-US/g2p_fst
system/usr/srec/en-US/offensive_word_normalizer
system/usr/srec/en-US/rescoring_lm

FaceLock [Unlock Phone with your Face] [Safe to remove]

system\app\FaceLock.apk
system\lib\libfacelock_jni.so
system\vendor\pittpatt

Text to Speech [Safe to remove]

system\app\GoogleTTS.apk [Available at Google Play Store]
system\app\PicoTts.apk
system/tts

PC Companion Installer for PC [Safe to remove]

system/etc/dop.iso

Ringtones, Notification... [Safe to remove]

system\media\audio\alarms
system\media\audio\ringtones
system\media\audio\notifications

Xperia Apps, Wallpapers and more.... [Not stored in System/app like Xperia Privilege App] [Safe to remove]

system\etc\customization\applications
system\etc\customization\content\com\sonyericsson\wallpaperpicker\wallpapers

Wiltron

I am going to copy/paste a post I made earlier in another thread about the same thing. This was done on Stock 4.2.2, rooted, locked Bootloader C6906

• All carrier related apps, in my case, Rogers Canada, such as Rogers Navigator, One Number, etc, can be safely removed.
  • All "Xperia" plugins can be safely removed. These include the social media for Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, etc.
  • All Google store applications can be removed EXCEPT the Play store for apps - Removable entries include Google Play Books, Google Play Movies, etc.
  • All Playstation related items can be removed, if you don't use them.
  • Most, but not all mini-apps can be removed. You must keep the calculator, clock and timer apps unfrozen and installed, or else the task switcher refuses to open and Xperia Home FC's. If you use a different launcher, I'm not sure what your experiences will be.
  • You can uninstall any stock apps like Calendar, Calculator and what not, but they must be replaced by the Google versions available on the play store. Do not try to uninstall/freeze them if you plan to use a 3rd party app.
  • Tasks, Notes and other "Sony" apps can all be removed (Albums, Walkman, etc).
  • Smart Connect, Throw and Photo Services can be safely frozen, but not removed.
  • Camera Apps can be safely frozen, but not uninstalled. Camera refuses to operate without those plugins present. 3rd part apps also refuse to operate (tried with Vignette, and CameraZoom FX).
  • Freezing the camera apps also removes the "slide" functionality of the lock screen, so if you remove them completely then you can't swipe to unlock your device.
  • Exchange Services can be frozen, but not uninstalled. If you're confident you'll never need to add another sync account to the device you can uninstall it. If you uninstall it and try to add an account such as a Google Address, or similar, then the Settings app FC's.
  • Messaging app can be safely removed or frozen if you have a replacement app to accept SMS and MMS (such as Hangouts). If you don't have a SMS/MMS app and you freeze or uninstall the messaging app, then your device will reboot whenever you receive a message.
  • All Mirrorlink related items and services can be frozen, but not uninstalled.
  • RetailDemo can be frozen or removed.
  • SensMe Slideshow can be frozen.
  • Setup Guide, Sketch, Top Contacts, TV Launcher, and all unused stock themes can be frozen or uninstalled safely.
  • You can safely remove the Xperia Home launcher if you use an alternative launcher, however a factory reset on the device will cause it to stop functioning completely, and in order to recover it you'll need to Flashtool (and subsequently unlock your bootloader) to repair it. I DON'T RECOMMEND YOU DO THIS
  • You can safely remove the Xperia Keyboards, however like above, Factory Reset will cause the device to become completely unusuable. I DON'T RECOMMEND YOU DO THIS

skittishwind

Aug 2, 2013
Kathmandu
Things i removed, If there any leftover related to these do advice
Thank You

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,759

xasbo

Feb 10, 2012
[*]You can safely remove the Xperia Home launcher if you use an alternative launcher, however a factory reset on the device will cause it to stop functioning completely, and in order to recover it you'll need to Flashtool (and subsequently unlock your bootloader) to repair it. I DON'T RECOMMEND YOU DO THIS[/LIST]

Why do you say unlocking the BL is necessary? It should be no problem to flash to whatever FTF after booting into flash mode.

kischde

Aug 30, 2011
Rosenberg, Baden
Now as we´ve got 4.4.2 running the debloat list could get an update, doesn´t it? ;)
I debloated too much, I guess.. My camera doesn´t work properly any more, it doesn´t focus and taking pictures freezes the cam app.
Have to watch out better before kicking out too much ^^

[Fenix]

Jan 6, 2011
Italy
www.youtube.com
Google Pixel 4 XL
Another one...

AccessoryKeyDispatcher.apk — event listener (unsure of trigger, hardware and handsfree keys work without it.)
Calculator.apk — default calculator
CdfInfoAccessor.apk — Software Component Descriptions
chinesetextinput.apk — chinese keyboard
com.whatsapp.apk — Whatsapp
com.sonyericsson.androidapp.foursquare_ext_ts3.apk — Timescape Foursquare Extension
com.sonyericsson.androidapp.timescapefeedsplugin.a pk — Timescape Feeds
CoreNotificationPublisher.apk — Lock Screen Notifications
CrashSMS.apk — Diagnostics Tool (debug helper)
datatrafficswitch.apk — mobile data on/off widget
DigitalClockWidget.apk — clock widget
DownloadProviderUi.apk — default browser downloads folder
EventStream.apk — Timescape
EventStreamPluginCallLog.apk — Timescape Call Log Extension
EventStreamPluginFacebook.apk — Timescape Facebook Extension
EventStreamPluginTelephony.apk — Timescape Telephony extension
EventStreamPluginTwitter.apk — Timescape Twitter extension
facebook.apk — Facebook
FBCalendarSync.apk — Sony Ericsson Facebook Integration Calendar Sync
FBMediaDiscovery.apk — Sony Ericsson Facebook Integration Media Discovery
FBMusicLike.apk — Sony Ericsson Facebook Integration Music Like
FBNotificationPublisher.apk — Sony Ericsson Facebook Integration Facebook Notifications
FBSetupwizard.apk — Sony Ericsson Facebook Integration Setup Wizard (not needed to setup or for FB Integration to work)
GenieWidget.apk — News and Weather
Gmail.apk — Gmail app
FoogleFeedback.apk — Market Feedback Agent (forceclose reporting for apps installed from Market)
GooglePartnerSetup.apk — Google Partner Setup (no longer needed after setting up Gmail)
GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk — google quick search box
HTMLViewer.apk — HTML viewer (view HTML files directly from file manager)
IddAgent.apk — Anonymous Usage Stats
JapaneseIME.apk — japanese keyboard
LearningClient.apk — learns user typed words for default keyboard
LiveWallpapers.apk — Live wallpapers pack
LivewareManager.apk — Liveware Manager
MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk — Live wallpaper
MediaWidget.apk — Media shortcuts widget
MediaUploader.apk — My Uploads for Youtube uploading (not needed if just watch Youtube)
MusicWidget.apk — default Music player widget
NotificationProvider.apk — Lock Screeen Notifications Storage
officesuite.apk — Office Suite
OmaDatasyncService.apk — Sony Ericsson Sync
PhotoWidget.apk — Picture Frame widget
playnowclientarvato.apk — Playnow Store (replaces the 2 APKs in the list directly below)
playnowappinstaller.apk — Playnow updater
playnowclient.apk — Playnow
POBoxSknPink.apk — japanese keyboard skin
POBoxSknWood.apk — japanese keyboard skin
Protips.apk — Pro Tips widget
qcsemcservice.apk — RIL extension for default browser
Radio.apk — FM radio
retaildemo.apk — retail demo
SecureClockJava.apk — web clock service (some DRM or Secure services may use this, restore if you need it.)
SemcCrashMonitor.apk — debugger
SemcDlna.apk — media server
SEMCFacebookService.apk — Sony Ericsson Facebook Integration Service
SEMCSetupWizard.apk — setup wizard
SemcVideoEdit.apk — video editor
SoundRecorder.apk — sound recorder
StatusSwitch.apk — Status switch widget
Stk.apk — Sim Tool Kit
Street.apk — Google Street view
SyncWizard.apk — Sony Ericsson Sync Account
timescapelegacywrapper.apk — Timescape plugin
TimescapeSpline.apk — Timescape widget spline
TimescapeWidget.apk — Timescape widget
touchnote.apk — Touch notes postcard
trackid.apk — TrackID
UnsupportedHeadsetNotification.apk — Possibly a notification when pairing with unsupported bluetooth headsets
usersupport.apk — Support
VisualizationWallpapers.apk — Live wallpaper
WallpaperPicker.apk — Sony Ericsson Wallpapers
widgetdigitalclock.apk — clock widget
widgetonoff.apk — widget on/off toggles
YouTube.apk — YouTube

Inviato dal mio C6903 utilizzando Tapatalk

Wiltron

This list will be ongoing. If you're reading this message, there's more edits and what not coming this way.

I am currently using an Xperia Z1 C6906, Locked Bootloader that is rooted with dual recovery and NUT's 14.3A.0.681 (Android 4.4.2, Kit Kat). This is the stock rom, a fresh flash (no data backup/recovery).

If anyone knows how to export a list of currently installed/unfrozen apps from TiBu, I'd be happy to post that. Currently, all I have figured out how to do is export the entire list, but it doesn't specify if it's frozen or not.

Update (Mar 28, 1142hrs): I'm almost finished tweaking, but am having a problem with the stock EMAIL client. It's frozen, but something in the OS is calling it and is causing a "Unfortunately EMail has stopped" window appearing what I estimate to be once every few hours.. usually every 6 hours.. As soon as I figure out what's causing this, I'll post the guide and list of apps I have frozen, so you can safely remove without fear of crashes, stability degradation and boot loops :)

Last edited:
Reactions: kischde

Just2Cause

Oct 27, 2013
Doha, Qatar
My camera doesn´t work properly any more, it doesn´t focus and taking pictures freezes the cam app.

Same happened to me here when I was deleting system apps, but I didn't delete that much, Only 8 files, 4 apks and 4 odexs.

Anyway, I used flashtool to flash the ftf I made from my SUS updating my mobile (I uploaded it and posted it in the mega collection, it's Global LTE) and then unlocked bootloader, hotbooted doomkernel to go to TWRP Recovery, and flashed NUT's DualRecovery for LB and flashed the latest SuperSU zip and rebooted to system.

Then connected it to my PC to restore my TA backup and lock the bootloader.

Now I have full root stock firmware on locked bootloader.

I don't know why but I feel that I went waay off-topic.

Regards,
~J2C

Destroyedbeauty

Apr 16, 2012
Sundsvall
Is the de-bloating extreme if all the system related apps only are between 90-92 installed total, in /system, after reboot (after wiping cache and Dalvik Cache in recovery)? :D

Sent from my SGP311 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dedei

Jan 20, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
Now as we´ve got 4.4.2 running the debloat list could get an update, doesn´t it? ;)
I debloated too much, I guess.. My camera doesn´t work properly any more, it doesn´t focus and taking pictures freezes the cam app.

It had something to do with mirrorlink apps, I unfreezed them and the camera came back to life :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Everyone knows about System Apps which can be removed so i thought id share what you can delete more to save even more Space.
    I have modded iHackers 2.1 AROMA Version from 740 MB to 334 MB with deleting all Apps i dont want and the things i listed here.
    Be careful what you delete as i warned you so its not my fault if you break something afterwards.

Google Now [Not tested yet]

[files for Offline Search but nowadays you are connected to a Network always anyway so if you don want you can delete this maybe]

system/usr/srec/config
    system/usr/srec/en-US/acoustic_model
    system/usr/srec/en-US/clg
    system/usr/srec/en-US/g2p_fst
    system/usr/srec/en-US/offensive_word_normalizer
    system/usr/srec/en-US/rescoring_lm

FaceLock [Unlock Phone with your Face] [Safe to remove]

system\app\FaceLock.apk
    system\lib\libfacelock_jni.so
    system\vendor\pittpatt

Text to Speech [Safe to remove]

system\app\GoogleTTS.apk [Available at Google Play Store]
    system\app\PicoTts.apk
    system/tts

PC Companion Installer for PC [Safe to remove]

system/etc/dop.iso

Ringtones, Notification... [Safe to remove]

system\media\audio\alarms
    system\media\audio\ringtones
    system\media\audio\notifications

Xperia Apps, Wallpapers and more.... [Not stored in System/app like Xperia Privilege App] [Safe to remove]

system\etc\customization\applications
    system\etc\customization\content\com\sonyericsson\wallpaperpicker\wallpapers

I am going to copy/paste a post I made earlier in another thread about the same thing. This was done on Stock 4.2.2, rooted, locked Bootloader C6906

• All carrier related apps, in my case, Rogers Canada, such as Rogers Navigator, One Number, etc, can be safely removed.
    • All "Xperia" plugins can be safely removed. These include the social media for Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, etc.
    • All Google store applications can be removed EXCEPT the Play store for apps - Removable entries include Google Play Books, Google Play Movies, etc.
    • All Playstation related items can be removed, if you don't use them.
    • Most, but not all mini-apps can be removed. You must keep the calculator, clock and timer apps unfrozen and installed, or else the task switcher refuses to open and Xperia Home FC's. If you use a different launcher, I'm not sure what your experiences will be.
    • You can uninstall any stock apps like Calendar, Calculator and what not, but they must be replaced by the Google versions available on the play store. Do not try to uninstall/freeze them if you plan to use a 3rd party app.
    • Tasks, Notes and other "Sony" apps can all be removed (Albums, Walkman, etc).
    • Smart Connect, Throw and Photo Services can be safely frozen, but not removed.
    • Camera Apps can be safely frozen, but not uninstalled. Camera refuses to operate without those plugins present. 3rd part apps also refuse to operate (tried with Vignette, and CameraZoom FX).
    • Freezing the camera apps also removes the "slide" functionality of the lock screen, so if you remove them completely then you can't swipe to unlock your device.
    • Exchange Services can be frozen, but not uninstalled. If you're confident you'll never need to add another sync account to the device you can uninstall it. If you uninstall it and try to add an account such as a Google Address, or similar, then the Settings app FC's.
    • Messaging app can be safely removed or frozen if you have a replacement app to accept SMS and MMS (such as Hangouts). If you don't have a SMS/MMS app and you freeze or uninstall the messaging app, then your device will reboot whenever you receive a message.
    • All Mirrorlink related items and services can be frozen, but not uninstalled.
    • RetailDemo can be frozen or removed.
    • SensMe Slideshow can be frozen.
    • Setup Guide, Sketch, Top Contacts, TV Launcher, and all unused stock themes can be frozen or uninstalled safely.
    • You can safely remove the Xperia Home launcher if you use an alternative launcher, however a factory reset on the device will cause it to stop functioning completely, and in order to recover it you'll need to Flashtool (and subsequently unlock your bootloader) to repair it. I DON'T RECOMMEND YOU DO THIS
    • You can safely remove the Xperia Keyboards, however like above, Factory Reset will cause the device to become completely unusuable. I DON'T RECOMMEND YOU DO THIS
    Things i removed, If there any leftover related to these do advice
    Thank You
    Another one...

AccessoryKeyDispatcher.apk — event listener (unsure of trigger, hardware and handsfree keys work without it.)
    Calculator.apk — default calculator
    CdfInfoAccessor.apk — Software Component Descriptions
    chinesetextinput.apk — chinese keyboard
    com.whatsapp.apk — Whatsapp
    com.sonyericsson.androidapp.foursquare_ext_ts3.apk — Timescape Foursquare Extension
    com.sonyericsson.androidapp.timescapefeedsplugin.a pk — Timescape Feeds
    CoreNotificationPublisher.apk — Lock Screen Notifications
    CrashSMS.apk — Diagnostics Tool (debug helper)
    datatrafficswitch.apk — mobile data on/off widget
    DigitalClockWidget.apk — clock widget
    DownloadProviderUi.apk — default browser downloads folder
    EventStream.apk — Timescape
    EventStreamPluginCallLog.apk — Timescape Call Log Extension
    EventStreamPluginFacebook.apk — Timescape Facebook Extension
    EventStreamPluginTelephony.apk — Timescape Telephony extension
    EventStreamPluginTwitter.apk — Timescape Twitter extension
    facebook.apk — Facebook
    FBCalendarSync.apk — Sony Ericsson Facebook Integration Calendar Sync
    FBMediaDiscovery.apk — Sony Ericsson Facebook Integration Media Discovery
    FBMusicLike.apk — Sony Ericsson Facebook Integration Music Like
    FBNotificationPublisher.apk — Sony Ericsson Facebook Integration Facebook Notifications
    FBSetupwizard.apk — Sony Ericsson Facebook Integration Setup Wizard (not needed to setup or for FB Integration to work)
    GenieWidget.apk — News and Weather
    Gmail.apk — Gmail app
    FoogleFeedback.apk — Market Feedback Agent (forceclose reporting for apps installed from Market)
    GooglePartnerSetup.apk — Google Partner Setup (no longer needed after setting up Gmail)
    GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk — google quick search box
    HTMLViewer.apk — HTML viewer (view HTML files directly from file manager)
    IddAgent.apk — Anonymous Usage Stats
    JapaneseIME.apk — japanese keyboard
    LearningClient.apk — learns user typed words for default keyboard
    LiveWallpapers.apk — Live wallpapers pack
    LivewareManager.apk — Liveware Manager
    MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk — Live wallpaper
    MediaWidget.apk — Media shortcuts widget
    MediaUploader.apk — My Uploads for Youtube uploading (not needed if just watch Youtube)
    MusicWidget.apk — default Music player widget
    NotificationProvider.apk — Lock Screeen Notifications Storage
    officesuite.apk — Office Suite
    OmaDatasyncService.apk — Sony Ericsson Sync
    PhotoWidget.apk — Picture Frame widget
    playnowclientarvato.apk — Playnow Store (replaces the 2 APKs in the list directly below)
    playnowappinstaller.apk — Playnow updater
    playnowclient.apk — Playnow
    POBoxSknPink.apk — japanese keyboard skin
    POBoxSknWood.apk — japanese keyboard skin
    Protips.apk — Pro Tips widget
    qcsemcservice.apk — RIL extension for default browser
    Radio.apk — FM radio
    retaildemo.apk — retail demo
    SecureClockJava.apk — web clock service (some DRM or Secure services may use this, restore if you need it.)
    SemcCrashMonitor.apk — debugger
    SemcDlna.apk — media server
    SEMCFacebookService.apk — Sony Ericsson Facebook Integration Service
    SEMCSetupWizard.apk — setup wizard
    SemcVideoEdit.apk — video editor
    SoundRecorder.apk — sound recorder
    StatusSwitch.apk — Status switch widget
    Stk.apk — Sim Tool Kit
    Street.apk — Google Street view
    SyncWizard.apk — Sony Ericsson Sync Account
    timescapelegacywrapper.apk — Timescape plugin
    TimescapeSpline.apk — Timescape widget spline
    TimescapeWidget.apk — Timescape widget
    touchnote.apk — Touch notes postcard
    trackid.apk — TrackID
    UnsupportedHeadsetNotification.apk — Possibly a notification when pairing with unsupported bluetooth headsets
    usersupport.apk — Support
    VisualizationWallpapers.apk — Live wallpaper
    WallpaperPicker.apk — Sony Ericsson Wallpapers
    widgetdigitalclock.apk — clock widget
    widgetonoff.apk — widget on/off toggles
    YouTube.apk — YouTube

Inviato dal mio C6903 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Excellent lists, keep the good work up.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures