• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Advice] [First-time Poster] XT1768 Flashing Stock Motorola ROM

Search This thread

t-timmy

Dec 16, 2018
[Qualcomm]

Hi All,
I'm here trying to root my XT1768 device, and I managed to soft-brick my phone. I was looking everywhere for a guide on how to re-flash the original (known as "stock" I guess) Motorola system ("ROM") but all I found was guides for XT1766. I didn't want to risk doing anymore damage, so I kept looking. I found a few tips across several threads, so I just wanted to formalize the way I solved it for my XT1768 so it can help someone. I have a Moto E4 I bought on eBay refurbished. It's unbranded, looks like straight from Motorola (so not Sprint, Verizon, etc.)

Disclaimer: this is only my advice. I'm no expert and not in charge of any damage to your phone. It worked for me, that's all I can say. Please be aware that other threads here instruct to verify your firmware version before any flashing of ROM, so the following instructions may actually do damage. I may have taken a risk doing those steps. If someone who reads this knows more about the issue, I'll be happy to supply more information about my specific phone and update this original post so others don't flash something they shouldn't. This post is currently the only post here specifically instructing how to flash this specific model XT1768. Please hijack this thread if you know more than me!

I flashed TWRP and Xposed, which caused a soft brick. The loading screen was stuck on the loading animation (Motorola + Lenovo logos).

Solution:
1. Download the Motorola flashing tool known as RSDLite: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=59348530&postcount=6
2. Download the stock ROM from the following link. I downloaded the one dated 2018-10-31 (1.4GB). https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/perry/official/RETAIL/
3. Open RSDLite, hook up your phone. It should be listed in the tool on the first row. Choose the zip file of the ROM under "Filename" and click start. I did the decompression and flashing together.
4. Your phone will reboot and work fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: DB126

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Qualcomm]

Hi All,
    I'm here trying to root my XT1768 device, and I managed to soft-brick my phone. I was looking everywhere for a guide on how to re-flash the original (known as "stock" I guess) Motorola system ("ROM") but all I found was guides for XT1766. I didn't want to risk doing anymore damage, so I kept looking. I found a few tips across several threads, so I just wanted to formalize the way I solved it for my XT1768 so it can help someone. I have a Moto E4 I bought on eBay refurbished. It's unbranded, looks like straight from Motorola (so not Sprint, Verizon, etc.)

Disclaimer: this is only my advice. I'm no expert and not in charge of any damage to your phone. It worked for me, that's all I can say. Please be aware that other threads here instruct to verify your firmware version before any flashing of ROM, so the following instructions may actually do damage. I may have taken a risk doing those steps. If someone who reads this knows more about the issue, I'll be happy to supply more information about my specific phone and update this original post so others don't flash something they shouldn't. This post is currently the only post here specifically instructing how to flash this specific model XT1768. Please hijack this thread if you know more than me!

I flashed TWRP and Xposed, which caused a soft brick. The loading screen was stuck on the loading animation (Motorola + Lenovo logos).

Solution:
    1. Download the Motorola flashing tool known as RSDLite: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=59348530&postcount=6
    2. Download the stock ROM from the following link. I downloaded the one dated 2018-10-31 (1.4GB). https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/perry/official/RETAIL/
    3. Open RSDLite, hook up your phone. It should be listed in the tool on the first row. Choose the zip file of the ROM under "Filename" and click start. I did the decompression and flashing together.
    4. Your phone will reboot and work fine.