Advice on Installing LineageOS on the Unihertz Titan Pocket

Search This thread

Kisa3908

Jan 25, 2020
Hey all,

I recently purchased a Unihertz Titan Pocket and I'm looking to try out LineageOS on it. I found this project on Github and have read through the instructions; however, they are for the *Unihertz Titan*, not the Pocket. I'm not sure they will work for the model I have and regardless, I'm wary about trying something that I know little about. Could anyone take a look at the link and let me know if the instructions could work for me?

Reactions: a_petrov303

Kisa3908

Jan 25, 2020
I am interested in flashing a custom ROM such as LineageOS onto my Unihertz Titan Pocket. It's my understanding that I will need custom recovery software such as TWRP in order to carry out the installation process. There is no official build of TWRP for the Unihertz Titan Pocket, and I haven't been able to find any unofficial builds for it either. So I have three questions:

1) Does anyone know of an unofficial TWRP build for my device?

2) Is there someone who might be able to create an unofficial build? I am willing to help as best I can, but my knowledge of how to do so is essentially null. I found this thread for the TWRP Builder project, which looked awesome, but seems to be defunct at this point. I also found this answer from a contributor to the project, who claims (as of 2021) that the project is on hiatus but "making a progressive return." The thread looks pretty dead to me though so it's hard to tell if they are back up and running in any capacity.

3) Is there another way to flash a custom ROM without TWRP? For example, these instructions (for a different model, the Unihertz Titan) don't mention using TWRP.

[For others with a Unihertz Titan Pocket, I asked about finding and installing a build of LineageOS on this device in another post here]

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Hey all,

I recently purchased a Unihertz Titan Pocket and I'm looking to try out LineageOS on it. I found this project on Github and have read through the instructions; however, they are for the *Unihertz Titan*, not the Pocket. I'm not sure they will work for the model I have and regardless, I'm wary about trying something that I know little about. Could anyone take a look at the link and let me know if the instructions could work for me?
@Kisa3908 Welcome to XDA! I hope you'll always get the support you require.

Prior to your next posting please read the guidances that are stuck on top of every forum like
I've moved the thread to Android Q&A. Additionally, I merged your other thread into this one. Please also review the XDA Forum Rules, to which you agreed to adhere when you registered a few hours ago, and post only ONCE respectively in an existing thread instead of creating a new one.
Thanks for your cooperation.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

a_petrov303

Feb 15, 2010
Chisinau
did the author succeed in his trials?

I am looking to obtain root on Pocket, but would rather have someone who has done it already guide me if necessary

talmid01

Nov 19, 2021
I was able to install LineageOS on the Titan Pocket, following this tutorial:

What I am not able to do is to use the numbers on the physical keyboard, does anyone have an idea how to make it work? I assume it's something with the keyboard layout. I installed the KIkaInput.apk thinking that is the one missing, but still not working.

Jun 3, 2016

What I am not able to do is to use the numbers on the physical keyboard, does anyone have an idea how to make it work? I assume it's something with the keyboard layout. I installed the KIkaInput.apk thinking that is the one missing, but still not working.

There's a tool on github (look for uinput-titan-pocket on google, you should find it) that maybe can help! If you succeed in making the keyboard work could you please share the info? I want to get a lineageOS GSI but the Titan Pocket is my main phone so I need it to be fully functional.. Hope I helped!
EDIT: uinput is for the touch scrolling, this (https://github.com/SinuXVR/pocket-board) seems to be the solution to hat you asked.

Last edited:

diejuse

Aug 1, 2019

Can you tell me what ROM do you use? There are many.

talmid01

Nov 19, 2021
Download the latest bvS version of GSI Lineage from this folder:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/files/lineage-18.x/

• Enter Settings->Phone info and tap several times on the Build number, now in Settings->System->For Developers allow Debug over USB and Bootloader unlock
  • Connect to PC with android SDK installed and run adb reboot bootloader, you'll need to confirm device authorization on your phone.
  • Once in bootloader, run fastboot flashing unlock to unlock the bootloader and follow the instructions on your phone (this step factory resets the phone, you'll loose all your data).
  • Download the official stock ROM and unpack the downloaded rar. ( https://www.reddit.com/r/unihertz/comments/r2dz0a )
  • In the directory with unpacked ROM, run fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img to flash the vbmeta.img with disabled Android Verified Boot to allow flashing unofficial ROMs.
  • Reflash the recovery and boot partitions by running fastboot flash boot boot.img and fastboot flash recovery recovery.img. Technically this shouldn't be needed, but if your phone is running a different stock ROM version, it's advisable.
  • fastboot reboot fastboot reboot to fastboot, the system can be flashed only from this mode, for some reason it doesn't work in the previous mode...
  • Now you can flash the system.img by running the fastboot flash system YOUR_SYSTEM_IMAGE.img. Select system.img file from the ROM you want to flash.
  • fastboot reboot and you are booted in your new ROM!
Once it is booted into Lineage enable Rooted ADB debugging in the Developer Settings. Now we need to fix the keyboard settings. Download and install the following apk:

Then disable the soft keyboard in the Settings.
Download https://github.com/SolidHal/Unihertz-Titan-lineageos-microg

adb root
adb remount
adb shell mount -o remount,rw /
adb push system_usr_idc/* /system/usr/idc/
adb push system_usr_keychars/* /system/usr/keychars/
adb push system_usr_keylayout/* /system/usr/keylayout/

Then restart your phone. I hope it will work for you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all,