Question After may 2022 update, battery life is back to bad again

Search This thread

easyrider77

Dec 3, 2009
Before April I was getting 6hr sot. While not the best, it's not the worst either, but definitely could use improvement.

I'm comes the April update, and after like 4-5 days I'm noticing better sot, by quite a bit. So I continue to keep checking battery life, doing the same routine daily, so I get a correct reading, and sure enough, I was getting 8hrs sot avg. I normally start charging at 15%, so I pushed it to 8% and reached 9.5 hrs sot, and over the month I still stayed at this same battery.

I was very very pleased and was bragging on Samsung really big time.

So up comes this may 2022 update, and sadly, my battery life dropped back to 6hrs sot.

So it got me to thinking. I've heard people say the battery takes time to settle in after an update, so is that true for "all" updates, or just a like major os update? Because if it's all updates then the battery don't have time to ever settle in really, because we get monthly updates.

The may 2022 update was pretty much just a security update.

So should I just give it time? Or am I destined to be stuck with the 6hrs sot vs the 8hrs I was getting?

devonburns20

Jun 15, 2012
Did you guys wipe cache after update? I did that and also I enabled 'Suspend execution for cached apps' in developer settings and it seemed to help a lot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Before April I was getting 6hr sot. While not the best, it's not the worst either, but definitely could use improvement.

I'm comes the April update, and after like 4-5 days I'm noticing better sot, by quite a bit. So I continue to keep checking battery life, doing the same routine daily, so I get a correct reading, and sure enough, I was getting 8hrs sot avg. I normally start charging at 15%, so I pushed it to 8% and reached 9.5 hrs sot, and over the month I still stayed at this same battery.

I was very very pleased and was bragging on Samsung really big time.

So up comes this may 2022 update, and sadly, my battery life dropped back to 6hrs sot.

So it got me to thinking. I've heard people say the battery takes time to settle in after an update, so is that true for "all" updates, or just a like major os update? Because if it's all updates then the battery don't have time to ever settle in really, because we get monthly updates.

The may 2022 update was pretty much just a security update.

So should I just give it time? Or am I destined to be stuck with the 6hrs sot vs the 8hrs I was getting?
    For me the May update has been the same as April update...Well, as I had mentioned earlier, Samsung manages to hit the bell curve in terms of battery life with every update....
    I'm getting an iPhone in September,fed up of unreliable battery all the time
    Sorry to be more direct the suspension option
    here's a reddit link for your reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/oneui/comments/r9rqyp