Question After root...

Search This thread

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
After root, How can I del file(s) in /system with rootexplorer.
Which version of Android are you running? I don't believe that you can manipulate the /system files anymore on Android 13 as they are all read only - even with root. But hopefully, perhaps my file manager with root permissions just doesn't work as it hasn't been updated in almost two years =/.

Anyone else have any thoughts here?

@fil3s Does that happen to be working on A13?

zxt3201

Mar 22, 2010
I use Root explorer 😁 gets the job done.

It's my fault.The real question is files in /system could not be deleted.In my pixel 6 pro: unlock bootloader, install magisk and patch boot.img, flash patched boot.img with fastboot, reboot and directly root use magisk, everything is fine.But, I think the problem is /system could not be mounted

zxt3201

Mar 22, 2010
Which version of Android are you running? I don't believe that you can manipulate the /system files anymore on Android 13 as they are all read only - even with root. But hopefully, perhaps my file manager with root permissions just doesn't work as it hasn't been updated in almost two years =/.

12:(

fil3s

Aug 30, 2014
bendigo
mobiledevices11.blogspot.com

I can access / with it. Haven't tried mucking about much. I'm pretty sure you can copy / paste etc.. although I can't be sure on a13

It's my fault.The real question is files in /system could not be deleted.In my pixel 6 pro: unlock bootloader, install magisk and patch boot.img, flash patched boot.img with fastboot, reboot and directly root use magisk, everything is fine.But, I think the problem is /system could not be mounted

It is a good file explorer. Worth the $' s of you wanna try it :)

But again, idk about 13

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
Soon my friends soon!
I'm working on it! 🛠️
If any Pixel users are interested in beta testing the new upcoming version of my SystemRW / SuperRW feat. MakeRW script just hit me up! Thanks! ;)(y)

Wait. So what exactly is preventing you guys from mounting as rw in Android 12+ ? :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: fil3s

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
I can access / with it. Haven't tried mucking about much. I'm pretty sure you can copy / paste etc.. although I can't be sure on a13

But again, idk about 13
I can copy and paste with the file manager that I use (FX File Explorer), however, I cannot cut or delete anything from /system. Are you able to cut/delete stuff from that section?

*Edit* - I'm starting to think that it's just my file manager =/

Update - Thanks @mkhcb . I'll give it a try in a week or two. I found a way to manipulate /system files using Magisk, haha. But after the next (and presumably final) A13 beta update comes out, I'll give it a shot!

Last edited:

mkhcb

Nov 2, 2012
I can copy and paste with the file manager that I use (FX File Explorer), however, I cannot cut or delete anything from /system. Are you able to cut/delete stuff from that section?

*Edit* - I'm starting to think that it's just my file manager =/
Just try this: https://github.com/zhanghai/MaterialFiles

Open source, free, on FDroid and the Play Store. What do you have to lose other than 5 min of your time? Of all the apps on my phone, this is the most useful and took a while for me to find.

zxt3201

Mar 22, 2010
Soon my friends soon!
I'm working on it! 🛠️
If any Pixel users are interested in beta testing the new upcoming version of my SystemRW / SuperRW feat. MakeRW script just hit me up! Thanks! ;)(y)

Wait. So what exactly is preventing you guys from mounting as rw in Android 12+ ? :unsure:
I am waiting for your magic script, come on, bro.

rhetorician

Feb 9, 2012
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 6 Pro

mkhcb

Nov 2, 2012
Yep. It beats RFE in measure except split view, I stand by that claim. The development is on another level.
So it actually does.

Go to a folder... Then hit the three dots... Then hit new window. You will then have 2 windows as noted in the app drawer.

From there you can toggle between windows or create a split screen.

PS. You can create an endless # of windows.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220704-214122.png
    Screenshot_20220704-214122.png
    122.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20220704-214741.png
    Screenshot_20220704-214741.png
    187.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20220704-214751.png
    Screenshot_20220704-214751.png
    147.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts