After update Lineage OS, it boots to TWRP and keeps asking for locks patern

Search This thread

turzin23

Mar 30, 2020
OnePlus 5T
Hi Guys,
yesterday I updated ONEPLUS 5T to latest Lineage OS, after reboot its stuck in TWRP and keeps asking for lock patern, I have tried everything possible, but it says FAILED and is not accepting my Lineage OS patern I standardly use. If I try to boot, it take unsualy long time with green lineage boot animation and than it reboots back to TWRP...... In TWRP I see files are encrypted, if I connect PC over MTP. ... but still I am able to install old zips (old ROMS and working lineage roms) that are somehow not encrypted for TWRP it sees them without problem. But playing with installing them solves nothing. .... official oneplus build when trying to install ( OnePlus5TOxygen_43_OTA_069_all_2010292144_de4a6fa.zip ) ends up with FAILED "string resource zip__compatible_err not found. Lineage OS builds install succesfully, but than ends in booting to twrp..
Any help please ?

turzin23

Mar 30, 2020
OnePlus 5T
ok, it works now, what I did was following :
update twrp from 3.2 to 3.5

rename (in twrp terminal) these files containing lock settings to nonworking names, I dint want to delete them and this was very good idea as seen later
in directory /data/system/

mv locksettings.db-wal _locksettings.db-wal
mv locksettings.db-shm _locksettings.db-shm
mv locksettings.db _locksettings.db

than I installed new official lineage, restart system, phone was starting, FINALLY, no green bubbles dead screen that reboots to twrp again, whoaw, I was happy. it jumped to exactly same wallpaper, icons, etc, but only problem was, there was never ending "phone is starting" and it was doing nothing, ok, I have expected some problem like this, so boot to TWRP and in terminal manually rename files back

mv _locksettings.db-wal locksettings.db-wal
mv _locksettings.db-shm locksettings.db-shm
mv _locksettings.db locksettings.db

reboot, and everything works, absolutely no data loss.

summary, probally this TWRP was somehow not able to work with encrypted system