After upgrade to 1.8.4 isn't mx player able play video via DLNA (BubbleUPnP)

Search This thread

sclavux

Mar 7, 2009
Hello guys,
after yesterday's upgrade of MX PLayer Pro to version 1.8.4 i'm not able play videos via DLNA anymore. I tried reinstall application, restart phone, clear settings of MX Platyer, but without success. I'm using latest BubbleUPnP, and also latest Serviio DLNA server. Also, with another player (VLC) is everything ok (so from my point of view is issue with MX PLayer). My phone is Nexus 5, latest stock Android 6.0.1. Any suggestion, what can be a rootcause?

thanks a lot

Thirumalai.K

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Hello guys,
after yesterday's upgrade of MX PLayer Pro to version 1.8.4 i'm not able play videos via DLNA anymore. I tried reinstall application, restart phone, clear settings of MX Platyer, but without success. I'm using latest BubbleUPnP, and also latest Serviio DLNA server. Also, with another player (VLC) is everything ok (so from my point of view is issue with MX PLayer). My phone is Nexus 5, latest stock Android 6.0.1. Any suggestion, what can be a rootcause?

thanks a lot
Can you provide more information...?
I can play with bubbleupnp.
Kindly explain your setup like from where you are streaming...?

Kindly share the bug report as well.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

sclavux

Mar 7, 2009
Can you provide more information...?
I can play with bubbleupnp.
Kindly explain your setup like from where you are streaming...?

Kindly share the bug report as well.

yes, sure
i hope it will be clear
Linux server + Serviio server <-router-> ==wlan==> Nexus 5 with BubbleUPnP, where is MX Player selected as external renderer

the same issue is in Plex, if i select MX Player as external player (also after mentioned update)

Thirumalai.K

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
yes, sure
i hope it will be clear
Linux server + Serviio server <-router-> ==wlan==> Nexus 5 with BubbleUPnP, where is MX Player selected as external renderer

the same issue is in Plex, if i select MX Player as external player (also after mentioned update)
Kindly collect the bug report from help menu immediately after the error & share here.

ma_ko

Aug 16, 2013
I can confirm that there is indeed a bug with the newest version. The application crashes when you try to stream a video. Local files are working okay. Reviewers on Google Play also say the same thing. You can revert to the previous version or wait for the fix.

HTC M9 stock Android 6.0

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter9104

Thirumalai.K

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
New update is being rolled out by the developer to fix the 1.8.4 regressions. It may take some time reflect in Google Play. Just wait for 1-2hrs.

Reactions: sclavux

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can confirm that there is indeed a bug with the newest version. The application crashes when you try to stream a video. Local files are working okay. Reviewers on Google Play also say the same thing. You can revert to the previous version or wait for the fix.

HTC M9 stock Android 6.0
    New update is being rolled out by the developer to fix the 1.8.4 regressions. It may take some time reflect in Google Play. Just wait for 1-2hrs.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone