After upgrade to ics... Freaky navigation voice change and media duplicates?

Search This thread

waiters

Nov 9, 2011
So my two biggest problems since upgrading to ics are.

1)all my music is duplicated.. Actually 3 times... And the first two copies don't play so I need to click on the third copy...
- how can I force a rescan of all my music? I think it's cached someplace cause restarting and/or pulling memory card doesn't force it to recreate the media list..

2) while using navagation, sometimes the voice changes mid directions to the this really Freaky voice lol...

Any ideas?

I also have blue tooth problems but that seems to be a global/known problem and hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Thanks guys!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
Duplicate music files is an ICS bug, been there in the last couple of leaks and the official. To fix it delete everything in /data/data/com.android.providers.media/databases and then reboot. The media scanner will then rebuild the music indexes.

As for the Google Nav voices, I've noticed that as well. Seems to switch to the 'synthesized sally' when data coverage is bad, otherwise I believe it downloads sound files to play for the directions and street names. I'm just guessing here. :)

knawraz

Jul 22, 2012
Los Angeles
freaky old lady voice happened to me too man, thought my phone was possessed...

I just did a fresh install and made sure my TTS was set... since then I haven't gotten the messed up voice..

hechoen

May 7, 2011
Duplicate music files is an ICS bug, been there in the last couple of leaks and the official. To fix it delete everything in /data/data/com.android.providers.media/databases and then reboot. The media scanner will then rebuild the music indexes.

The only work around I've found for this after you delete the DB files and reboot is to never reboot the phone. The duplicate files happen when you power down or reboot. Annoying as hell but until someone figures it out you'll get really familiar with where your media db files are. Anyone have any ideas at all?

aceownstheworld

Dec 12, 2011
You don't need to delete anything.. Just unmount and mount external sd card. Always fixed the problem for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium