Question After using MSM Tool, all updates fail. Please help

Search This thread

FrozenPlus1

Nov 29, 2022
I was trying to return the phone to stock after using the CalyxOS beta, I used MSM tool and it worked fine, I booted into OxygenOS and was like "great, it worked, no issues!" yeahhh I spoke too soon

Obviously the version of OxygenOS installed by MSM tool is very old, so I went to update. It downloaded, prompted me to reboot, the phone restarts, I open it up annd "Update failed, please try again"

Nothing I do works, although interestingly when I unlocked the bootloader I was able to update fine. But relocking the bootloader bricked the phone and I had to use MSM tool again. Does anyone know how I fix this? I searched but couldn't find this issue anywhere, obviously people have had update-related issues before, but nothing to do with MSM tool

Edit: the phone is model LE2115 btw

Last edited:

FrozenPlus1

Nov 29, 2022
I reflashed with MSM tool, and without connecting to internet I sideloaded updates, I am able to update to 11.2.10.10, but it's everything after that will fail. It must be a problem with ColorOS. I'm going to connect to the internet and try a regular OTA update.

Still nope...
update1.jpg
update2.jpg

Maybe I just need to talk to OnePlus support..? I thought it was MSM being broken because I had never used it before, but now it looks like it's just the switch to ColorOS breaking things

FrozenPlus1

Nov 29, 2022
I talked to OnePlus support, useless. They were just telling me to wait for a new update, but it will still have the same issue