After using the Advanced ACE Hack Kit, can I flash ICS Roms?

Search This thread

DakuGaranto

Sep 16, 2011
Sorry I'm new the Desire HD development, so I was wondering after rooting my phone using the Advanced ACE Hack Kit, am I able to flash ICS roms like Blackout ICS XL v2.1, or do I need to get the firmware or update the hboot?

Teichopsia

Feb 26, 2012
Panama
1-yes.
2-nope.
3-if you want but best not to mess with it.

2 and 3, all you need is root. Those are not necesary.

Sent from a dream.

Last edited:

Reinaldo33897

Jul 11, 2011
Atlanta
Sorry I'm new the Desire HD development, so I was wondering after rooting my phone using the Advanced ACE Hack Kit, am I able to flash ICS roms like Blackout ICS XL v2.1, or do I need to get the firmware or update the hboot?

Yes you can flash any custom rom you want. Just make sure you full wipe before flashing any rom.
Steps in recovery
1. Wipe factory
2. Wipe cache
3. Wipe dalvik
4. Format partitions ( except sd CARD)
5. Flash rom

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

sashank

Dec 31, 2010
Bangalore, KA, India
Dalvik-cache is part of /data, so when you wipe data you are wiping dalvik cache too. Same goes for factory reset. That's the same as wipe /data. And cache is wiped along with the other partitions when you choose to format all partitions. So effectively you just need to do 'format all partitions (except SD card)'. That'll wipe boot, system, data, cache and give you a clean phone. The first 3 steps are redundant.

Yankee_VB

Jul 24, 2012
Dalvik-cache is part of /data, so when you wipe data you are wiping dalvik cache too. Same goes for factory reset. That's the same as wipe /data. And cache is wiped along with the other partitions when you choose to format all partitions. So effectively you just need to do 'format all partitions (except SD card)'. That'll wipe boot, system, data, cache and give you a clean phone. The first 3 steps are redundant.

Hi, I would like to install aospX ROM on my HTC Desire HD. I have never done that before so I want to make sure that I am doing things correctly:

1. I have downloaded the Advanced ACE Hack Kit (aahk-12062012.zip)
2. I will do the same as here: http://www.xda-developers.com/android/how-to-root-the-htc-desire-hd/

3. In the recovery mode, I will:

- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache partition

I am not sure with Reinaldo's comment:

3. Wipe dalvik

-----------------

4. - install update.zip from sd card
5. It is ready (?)

Is everything alright? I am quite afraid of bricking my phone...

Thanks a million!

Teichopsia

Feb 26, 2012
Panama
Hi, I would like to install aospX ROM on my HTC Desire HD. I have never done that before so I want to make sure that I am doing things correctly:

2. I will do the same as here: http://www.xda-developers.com/android/how-to-root-the-htc-desire-hd/

- wipe cache partition

3. Wipe dalvik

-----------------

5. It is ready (?)

Thanks a million!

I wasn't able to check the link. Testing out a rom and seems to be slightly buggy - as all good roms should be :D

After you root your phone, come back to xda and search for 4ext touch recovery. Install that and make a backup of your rom.

Then:
Wipe data/factory reset.
Wipe dalvik.
Format all partitions (except sd card).

You will find those in recovery.
Then search for the rom you downloaded, flash/install it.
The first boot - on average takes around five minutes.
Then you are good to go.

With the hack kit, read it several times, read the effen manual even more. It was designed for people to get accustomed to reading. It is quite simple after you finish, but you do need to understand it first. Follow the instructions down to a T.

Sent from a dream.

Reactions: Yankee_VB

Teichopsia

Feb 26, 2012
Panama
Ok, that is perfect. I asked you because I was not sure about the "4ext touch recovery".

4ext is the prefered one around here. The main difference you will see is the one installed with the hack kit, you'll find yourself scrolling using the volume buttons and selecting with the power button.
4ext touch is well, using touch.

You can buy the 4ext from the play store or search for it here on xda.

Sent from a dream.

Yankee_VB

Jul 24, 2012
4ext is the prefered one around here. The main difference you will see is the one installed with the hack kit, you'll find yourself scrolling using the volume buttons and selecting with the power button.

Sent from a dream.

After clicking "1" in the Advanced ACE Hack Kit, I get this message:

This version of Android cannot use the hack kit at this time. You can downgrade if you like, then return the hack step. Warning: This will wipe data. Would you like to downgrade? y/n

What shall I do, please? This means I cannot root my HTC Desire HD?

Teichopsia

Feb 26, 2012
Panama

This version of Android cannot use the hack kit at this time. You can downgrade if you like, then return the hack step. Warning: This will wipe data. Would you like to downgrade? y/n

Muikkuman? :p

Sent from a dream.

Yankee_VB

Jul 24, 2012

I do not understand this very clearly:

If you are running one of the following build versions, a full downgrade is required. Which means your data WILL be lost. This kit will autodetect these versions and perform the full downgrade, if needed. Once the downgrade is complete, you need to set up the phone and rerun the hack kit to complete the process:

It means I click YES and then I will do the same again? (clicking 1 for rooting in the hack tool?)

Teichopsia

Feb 26, 2012
Panama
Wait a moment. I haven't run the hack kit in so long I can't remember. Dont get impatient.

In the meantime read properly what you are doing, onve you understand it, proceed.

Sent from a dream.

marsdta

May 9, 2011
Because you are on 3.12. Rooting is a two step process as 3.12 can't be directly rooted. So the first time you run it the kit will downgrade you to 2.50. Then when you run it again it will root/supercid/unlock and install clockworkmod

Yankee_VB

Jul 24, 2012
Because you are on 3.12. Rooting is a two step process as 3.12 can't be directly rooted. So the first time you run it the kit will downgrade you to 2.50. Then when you run it again it will root/supercid/unlock and install clockworkmod

Are you absolutely sure? Sorry, I must look like an idio*, but it is my first time doing this... :)

Last edited:

marsdta

May 9, 2011
I'm beyond absolutely sure. Just make sure you have your PC properly set up for it to run correctly. That's where most people get stuck. Most peoples PC are filled with junk so I personally recommend running the kit using an Ubuntu live CD to avoid any conflicts. I did it on a win PC but I think a live CD is more noob friendly

Yankee_VB

Jul 24, 2012
I'm beyond absolutely sure. Just make sure you have your PC properly set up for it to run correctly. That's where most people get stuck. Most peoples PC are filled with junk so I personally recommend running the kit using an Ubuntu live CD to avoid any conflicts. I did it on a win PC but I think a live CD is more noob friendly

So the tool is downloading a RUU now.

"PD98IMG-GB2.zip"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- wipe cache partition

3. Wipe dalvik

-----------------

5. It is ready (?)

Thanks a million!

I wasn't able to check the link. Testing out a rom and seems to be slightly buggy - as all good roms should be :D

After you root your phone, come back to xda and search for 4ext touch recovery. Install that and make a backup of your rom.

Then:
    Wipe data/factory reset.
    Wipe dalvik.
    Format all partitions (except sd card).

You will find those in recovery.
    Then search for the rom you downloaded, flash/install it.
    The first boot - on average takes around five minutes.
    Then you are good to go.

With the hack kit, read it several times, read the effen manual even more. It was designed for people to get accustomed to reading. It is quite simple after you finish, but you do need to understand it first. Follow the instructions down to a T.

Sent from a dream.
    Can I backup my old ROM using the default "ClockworkMod Recovery" from the Advanced Ace Hack Kit?

I don't see why not.

Sent from a dream.
    Ok, that is perfect. I asked you because I was not sure about the "4ext touch recovery".

Sent from a dream.
    Buy 4ext from play store it will be well worth the money :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Desire HD
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone