Again AptxHD Missing again worst experience!

Search This thread

@ Ayush Garg

Apr 1, 2016
Shamli
Even the latest Exynos 1000 doesn't support AptxHD and so the snapdragon variant. It's really bad to see that samsung is selling these phones at very high price and offering nothing when it comes to a premium software and hardware experience. No doubt samsung expensive phone looks good outside but what about inside?
Samsung did not implemented A/B partition in any of their phones. Samsung doesn't offer Aptxhd even with snapdragon variant. Samsung phones exynos phones heat-up so much. HDR looks washed out. They reduced the screen resolution from Qhd to Fhd in s21 and s21+. Even S8 has Qhd resolution. They also removed charger and reduced the price about 200usd but in India the price is still higher compare to S20 launch price.
They removed heart rate monitor and iris scanner with S10 and Note 10. Now with S21 they reduced screen resolution to Fhd. Is this a joke?
The software experience is really bad so the hardware. Oneui 3 looks half baked. Samsung own apps still don't have unified UI. Even with Oneui 3.0 some apps look bad and ugly. In samsung apps i never saw optimizations but always ads. Take game Launcher as an example.
The finishing of their phone is bad. Color of their phone wear outs with few scratches.
I have Used Note 3, Note 4, Note 9 and now S21. My experience was always bad. After 1-2 days of purchasing phone i always regret.

No amount of ram can make Samsung phone snappier. No matter how fast screen refresh rate is. It always feel jittery compare to ios 60fps.
I'm going to switch Oneplus or IPhone.
I wish i could return this S21. Worst experience ever. By bye Spen. I want peace not Exynos Crap.

• Angry
Reactions: laureanop

nxneko

Dec 29, 2012
Orlando
It supports LDAC and LC3. The AptX complaint is valid, its just a licensing cost they dont want to deal with for legacy headphones/earbuds.

I am confused as to why you have purchased another samsung device after so many bad experiences with them in the past though, Joy of android is multiple vendors with their own quirks.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
The missing support for AptX-HD is valid complaint. Worse it's the chipset that doesn't support it; no firmware can ever fix it.
LDAC is inferior to AptX-HD.
That's my biggest complaint with the 10+ and Samsung continues deliberately making the same chintzy decision on their flagship phones.
Seems Samsung is too preoccupied pouring money and resources into their floundering Fold project(s).
No bt future proofing here... thanks for nothing Sammy.
And it's not like Samsung didn't know*... lame as it gets.

* many including myself have told them, repeatedly.

Reactions: Chef_of_Sweden

nxneko

Dec 29, 2012
Orlando
The missing support for AptX-HD is valid complaint. Worse it's the chipset that doesn't support it; no firmware can ever fix it.
That's my biggest complaint with the 10+ and Samsung continues deliberately making the same chintzy decision on their flagship phones.
Seems Samsung is too preoccupied pouring money and resources into their floundering Fold project(s).

How is LDAC inferier to AptX-HD? LDAC is 300-990/96/24 AptX-HD is 576/48/24. But support for LC3 essentially makes all AptX codecs useless asides from maybe AptX-LL on the Ultra at least. Another push to get people on tier up for 5.2 support I suppose.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
How is LDAC inferier to AptX-HD? LDAC is 300-990/96/24 AptX-HD is 576/48/24. But support for LC3 essentially makes all AptX codecs useless asides from maybe AptX-LL on the Ultra at least. Another push to get people on tier up for 5.2 support I suppose.

Here's the argument.

I wonder how LDAC would handle an HDCD?
Would it incorporate the subtext as a higher resolution thru put or stay at 16 bits (max resolution of about 22 bits)?
The HDCD was developed by Denon who have been audio innovators for over a century.

At any rate LDAC 20 khz cutoff makes it wholly useless for open air stereo/multichannel applications ie bt speakers.
It destroys the sound stage.
For headphones with no interaction between the higher frequency audio waves in open air this is irrelevant so potentially ok except for its other issues.

Lol, I trust Sony as much as I do Samsung which is not at all.
By removing the 3.5 mm jack Samsung boned us while claiming to be helping us out.
Using the c port as an audio jack is a sick joke.
Wrong hole Sammy...

nxneko

Dec 29, 2012
Orlando
Here's the argument.

I wonder how LDAC would handle an HDCD?
Would it incorporate the subtext as a higher resolution thru put or stay at 16 bits (max resolution of about 22 bits)?
The HDCD was developed by Denon who have been audio innovators for over a century.

At any rate LDAC 20 khz cutoff makes it wholly useless for open air stereo/multichannel applications ie bt speakers.
It destroys the sound stage.
For headphones with no interaction between the higher frequency audio waves in open air this is irrelevant so potentially ok except for its other issues.

Lol, I trust Sony as much as I do Samsung which is not at all.
By removing the 3.5 mm jack Samsung boned us while claiming to be helping us out.
Using the c port as an audio jack is a sick joke.
Wrong hole Sammy...

The link provided doesn't seem to indicate what headphones or speakers are being used for reference, so it is interesting for you to make qualitative arguments about sound quality with no evidence to back it up. USBC for audio is fine. But I guess if you really cared about audio you'd buy Sony:

unknown.png

And I wonder if you think Audeze is also anti good audio then: https://www.xboxaddict.com/Article/375/Audeze-Mobius---Extraordinary-Best-In-Class-Audio.html

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
The link provided doesn't seem to indicate what headphones or speakers are being used for reference, so it is interesting for you to make qualitative arguments about sound quality with no evidence to back it up. USBC for audio is fine. But I guess if you really cared about audio you'd buy Sony:

View attachment 5205485

And I wonder if you think Audeze is also anti good audio then: https://www.xboxaddict.com/Article/375/Audeze-Mobius---Extraordinary-Best-In-Class-Audio.html

It's the raw data

View attachment 5205485

They're not using any audio drivers; it's purely electronic, a spectrum analyzer.
Great sound from LDAC depends on being able to use 990kbps or at least 660.
However even at 990 it's not hi-res and unsuitable for open air bt speakers as it with severely degrade the sound stage. Bt speakers aren't a viable option for hi-fi. You need a hard wire or toshlink fed (for self powered studio monitors) from high resolution DACs (amp/preamp).

For buds and headphones LDAC is useless if it defaults to 330. Will it throughput at a minimum of 660 preferable 990 without stutter on Samsung devices?
Even less information is available for SSC.
Perhaps LDAC is a good upgrade from SSC but in reality may not sound any better, drivers aside.
SSC works very well on the Samsung phones but isn't close to what a hi res hard wired solution sounds like.
Not encouraging. I'm not in the mood for a $180+ LDAC audio testing experiment...

The link you provided didn't load.

ninjaquick

Mar 20, 2009
It's the raw data

They're not using any audio drivers; it's purely electronic, a spectrum analyzer.
However even at 990 it's not hi-res and unsuitable for open air bt speakers as it with severely degrade the sound stage. Bt speakers aren't a viable option for hi-fi. You need a hard wire or toshlink fed (for self powered studio monitors) from high resolution DACs (amp/preamp).

For buds and headphones LDAC is useless if it defaults to 330. Will it throughput at a minimum of 660 preferable 990 without stutter on Samsung devices?
Perhaps LDAC is a good upgrade from SSC but in reality may not sound any better, drivers aside.
SSC works very well on the Samsung phones but isn't close to what a hi res hard wired solution sounds like.
Not encouraging. I'm not in the mood for a $180+ LDAC audio testing experiment...

Link works for me, shows Audeze preferring LDAC over Apt-X. Seems Apt-X is actually not great.

Edit: Scrolled up: Microsoft invented HDCD, not Denon, Sony created the widely used SACD standard. Sony also did walkman and continues to put some of the best audio hardware in their phones compared to the rest of the market.

You seem bitter, bro.

Edit2: Ldac sounds better than aptx-HD even at 330. It doesn't "depend" on anything.

Reactions: sergmarin

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Link works for me, shows Audeze preferring LDAC over Apt-X. Seems Apt-X is actually not great.

Edit: Scrolled up: Microsoft invented HDCD, not Denon, Sony created the widely used SACD standard. Sony also did walkman and continues to put some of the best audio hardware in their phones compared to the rest of the market.

You seem bitter, bro.

Edit2: Ldac sounds better than aptx-HD even at 330. It doesn't "depend" on anything.

Tried that link twice and it wasn't a hyperlink...

Yes it was Pacific Microsoft... my bad.

AptX-HD isn't a variable bit-rate codec, LDAC is.
So how it will perform on the Samsung is a crap shoot especially if you're limited to 660 kbps, if it degrades to 330 than even SBC is better.
The LDAC noise floor is all screwed up at 660 and below.
With open air stereo drivers it sound like dog meat; not high resolution even at 990.

I'm bored with the bt bs.
None of the bt codecs are high resolution.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
There is one other codec Samsung failed to put in all Notes except the Note 8, Samsung UHQ-BT.

It's only supported on two Samsung audio devices. This is one of them. About $178

For my 10+ no support.

So there's that... if you don't read carefully you might think they do support UHQ-BT on their newer phones per Samsung's own releases.
Samsung has employed being cryptic with specs and confusing details for years between its model variants. Even carriers have fallen victim to this occasionally posting the wrong specs for their US variant.
It's quit self serving for Samsung marketing; something for every consumer, even if they don't have it.

While the newer Samsung's don't support UHQ-BT, they do support digital UHQ through the C port. Is it worth potentially busting your C port to listen to high res music?
Probably not but that's your only option for high resolution output.
It was much better when they had the builtin DAC and the 3.5 mm jack on the bloody top of the phone where it should be.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Welp I guess I downgraded in that regard from my pixel 4xl

Meh, get a pair of Buds+ and be happy.
They really are great for calls and music sounds pretty good especially if you use Poweramp and it's equalizer to dial them in.
The bt hookup is near seamless on a Samsung.
Even halfway in they never fall out.
Foam earpieces can be used to boost the bass... my next upgrade.

AlphAndroid

Jan 13, 2017
Meh, get a pair of Buds+ and be happy.
They really are great for calls and music sounds pretty good especially if you use Poweramp and it's equalizer to dial them in.
The bt hookup is near seamless on a Samsung.
Even halfway in they never fall out.
Foam earpieces can be used to boost the bass... my next upgrade.

it's fine for me since i use wired IEMs. I just wanted to take advantage of like a wireless DAC with aptxHD but its not the end of the world.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
it's fine for me since i use wired IEMs. I just wanted to take advantage of like a wireless DAC with aptxHD but its not the end of the world.

Spot on. My conclusion is all bt codecs are inferior. Their specs including noise floor suck.
Been big of Samsung to keep the 3.5mm jack... on the top. The C port dongle is pretty much useless to me.
Which reminds me... time to rake Sammy over the coals again.
Ah, the simple pleasures in life...

EbolaCola

Oct 20, 2008
My conclusion is all bt codecs are inferior.

IMO it's more like Bluetooth sucks in general. I mean CDs are like a 40-year-old technology, and the uncompressed data rate is only about 1.4Mbps. Why on earth is handling that kind of data still a challenge in this day and age?! All of these third-party hacks, lossy recompression, and 'standards' with spotty support shouldn't be necessary in the first place.

Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
IMO it's more like Bluetooth sucks in general. I mean CDs are a 40-year-old technology, and the uncompressed data rate is only about 1.4Mbps. Why on earth is handling that kind of data still a challenge in this day and age?! All of these third-party hacks and 'standards' with spotty support shouldn't be necessary in the first place.

Consumer ignorance. It's a steep learning curve.
Try setting up a good listening room. It's actually much harder than most realize.
If you're starting from no knowledge in acoustics it's impossible to do right.

kevinireland11

Apr 10, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21
Google Pixel 7
Even the latest Exynos 1000 doesn't support AptxHD and so the snapdragon variant. It's really bad to see that samsung is selling these phones at very high price and offering nothing when it comes to a premium software and hardware experience. No doubt samsung expensive phone looks good outside but what about inside?
Samsung did not implemented A/B partition in any of their phones. Samsung doesn't offer Aptxhd even with snapdragon variant. Samsung phones exynos phones heat-up so much. HDR looks washed out. They reduced the screen resolution from Qhd to Fhd in s21 and s21+. Even S8 has Qhd resolution. They also removed charger and reduced the price about 200usd but in India the price is still higher compare to S20 launch price.
They removed heart rate monitor and iris scanner with S10 and Note 10. Now with S21 they reduced screen resolution to Fhd. Is this a joke?
The software experience is really bad so the hardware. Oneui 3 looks half baked. Samsung own apps still don't have unified UI. Even with Oneui 3.0 some apps look bad and ugly. In samsung apps i never saw optimizations but always ads. Take game Launcher as an example.
The finishing of their phone is bad. Color of their phone wear outs with few scratches.
I have Used Note 3, Note 4, Note 9 and now S21. My experience was always bad. After 1-2 days of purchasing phone i always regret.

No amount of ram can make Samsung phone snappier. No matter how fast screen refresh rate is. It always feel jittery compare to ios 60fps.
I'm going to switch Oneplus or IPhone.
I wish i could return this S21. Worst experience ever. By bye Spen. I want peace not Exynos Crap.
Don't buy samsung then? Boom issue sorted, yapp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It supports LDAC and LC3. The AptX complaint is valid, its just a licensing cost they dont want to deal with for legacy headphones/earbuds.

I am confused as to why you have purchased another samsung device after so many bad experiences with them in the past though, Joy of android is multiple vendors with their own quirks.
    Cool. Thanks for letting us know.

It's the raw data

You seem bitter, bro.

There is one other codec Samsung failed to put in all Notes except the Note 8, Samsung UHQ-BT.

It's only supported on two Samsung audio devices. This is one of them. About $178

For my 10+ no support.

So there's that... if you don't read carefully you might think they do support UHQ-BT on their newer phones per Samsung's own releases.
    Samsung has employed being cryptic with specs and confusing details for years between its model variants. Even carriers have fallen victim to this occasionally posting the wrong specs for their US variant.
    It's quit self serving for Samsung marketing; something for every consumer, even if they don't have it.

While the newer Samsung's don't support UHQ-BT, they do support digital UHQ through the C port. Is it worth potentially busting your C port to listen to high res music?
    Probably not but that's your only option for high resolution output.
    It was much better when they had the builtin DAC and the 3.5 mm jack on the bloody top of the phone where it should be.