[AINUR AUDIO] SAURON MK III [paused] | NARSIL MK I [upd 09.09.2021]

Search This thread

Techguy777

May 24, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
Xiaomi Poco F3
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-6wDLZpPr4y_k9LTqx4BydFWnDEcCLU2/view?usp=sharing

These are for the Sennheiser IE60s and Fiio FH5s and Ill say it again I dont understand what the person is going for because they just drop the sound off so much you can barely hear it. It doesnt make any sense to me. Anyone can lower distortion by cutting volume down thats easy just turn it down. But it also messes up the sound to me. I don't get it. No one would say viper 4 android sucks so we all dont have that different of sound signatures. When they say this pair of headphones sounds bright or warm those descriptions are sales pitches because it makes it sound good even if by bright you mean there stretchy and high pitched to much treble and warm might mean to much bass they override the vocals. The whole audiophile thing has really screwed peoples thinking. Most people think loud clear music with good bass is great. Im one of those.

autofreak47

Mar 20, 2017
My experience: On Nougat ROMs Viper4Android and Dolby Atmos (Lenovo version) is really cool, for Oreo Viper4Android in combination with Sauron gives me the best sound. But especially in cases of audio the preferences are very different so try what's the best combination for you.
Dolby has a bigger impact to the sound than Sauron but not everyone likes that.

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs

Thank you sir for your response. Also do you know how to disable/uninstall Audiosphere drivers pre-installed , since I want to try shoebox effect? (btw I'm running on crDroid Pie)

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
Thank you sir for your response. Also do you know how to disable/uninstall Audiosphere drivers pre-installed , since I want to try shoebox effect? (btw I'm running on crDroid Pie)
I never did that but I would think it should be enough to set SHB to "true" in sauron_useroptions, Audiosphere should be disabled then. But I'm not sure, maybe one of the devs like @Zackptg5 or @UltraM8 should answer this.

Reactions: autofreak47

autofreak47

Mar 20, 2017
I never did that but I would think it should be enough to set SHB to "true" in sauron_useroptions, Audiosphere should be disabled then. But I'm not sure, maybe one of the devs like @Zackptg5 or @UltraM8 should answer this.

Will try to set true for SHB and see if Audiosphere will be disabled, Thank you again for the response sir. Any further help regarding this would be helpful @Zackptg5 @UltraM8.

Last edited:

Techguy777

May 24, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
Xiaomi Poco F3
I am opening irs files with audacity. Because irs file is just audio file. WAV or something.
IRS file which can be use to spatialize sound must simulate reverb, delay and/or crossfeed.
Because when you are hear something in your right, both ears are hearing that sound but your right ear hear it louder and sound arrive to that ear a little faster. Our brain is doing rest of the work in order to localize where that sound were.
That's why full stereo IRS must contain 4 channels.
This is example of 4-channel IRS created by Joe0Bloggs.
In zip folder you have this IRS in 44.1kHz and 48kHz version.

There's one more type of IRS used by HeSuVi (only used in windows) to emulate full surround sound. These files contains 14 channels.

Well I dont have graphs I just go by my ears and what I like and dont like. If an IRS file sounds good with headphones thats what im going to say. I just tried the Joe0Bloggs 3d headphones surround upmix and the Joe0bloggs spatializer efo-f2. I tried both the 44k and the 48ks all 4 irs files. I find theres a wide sound like a hall effect that sounds unnatural. The surround 7.1 I recommend fills headphones better and it sounds a little loud but its more natural sounding while still feeling surround. Guys music isnt about graphs and frequency music is simple do you like the sound or not. I stand by my favorite is still clearbass rev 2. Have you tried it what do you think?

I get it the big guys like the frequency responses but at the end of the day if you have better speakers or drivers in your headphones guess which ones sound better? I like my Fiio Fh5s but im sure the shure 846 are cleaner and better you dont need a vdc file or irs at least you shouldnt that would be stupid to think someone is going to make a 1000 headphones sound better with a file.

I have 3 pairs of sennheiser that have vdc files built in viper4android. They do not improve sound in my ears. They sound flat and weak and its not like im just hating I would love to be like damn these things are sick sounds amazing. I know why they say if you dont like it something is wrong with your ear shape because most people will not like it and they know that.

Last edited:

Techguy777

May 24, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
Xiaomi Poco F3
I live in America and in America we got a special type of audiophile. They have 1200 watt subs in there 500 dollar cars. You can hear them coming down the street or feel them if your outside. They get out of there vehicle and the doors open theres no music or lyrics its just bass I kid you not these guys are all over my town in the country they think there keeping it gangster. They honestly think that sounds good. You can have that I want a nice clear system like bose or something. I dont understand it. LMAO

ShadoV90

Mar 5, 2017
Legnica
I think there's two kind of people. First type looks for their ideal flat frequency response and do anything they can do to flatten it (often spend massive amount of money). Second type which i am, buy headphones based by their coloration preferences. For me, coloration of headphones is some kind of "soul" of them :D
I don't understand why people buy for example V-shaped frequency headphones and try to flatten their response. Ofc there can be financial reason for that, but not always it is.

I am kind of V-shape guy. I like 20-150 hz bass and treble clarity. My ears are very sensitive to sibilances, so this is why i like more spacious sound, and that's why i use Joe0Bloggs spatializer.
I sent frequency response headphones which i love to hear :)

Most 3d or surround virtualizers boosts trebles and bass and/or leave middles behind and this plus reverb creates hall effect. I heard that 7.1 irs which you sent Mr Techguy777, and after adjust gain i found that it sounds pretty much the same way as my phone always sounds to me. That's why i checked how it looks. Maybe that's because i use this filter as default in my LG G7. (See attachment and compare to my earlier screenshot).

Please don't think that i'm guy who trusts only graphs etc. I trust my ears and graphs almost equally. But i am listening music through ears, not eyes, so you know... :)
But many times something sounds better to me and after compare to graphs and other "technical explanations" i found that i was trapped by placebo effect.

Attachments

• sharp.jpg
    sharp.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 745
  • Sharp_2.jpg
    Sharp_2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 745
  • h880-frequency-response-graph-1900-120-40-01.jpg
    h880-frequency-response-graph-1900-120-40-01.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 745
Last edited:
Reactions: Keule-Tm

gehess

Apr 10, 2015
I live in America and in America we got a special type of audiophile. They have 1200 watt subs in there 500 dollar cars. You can hear them coming down the street or feel them if your outside. They get out of there vehicle and the doors open theres no music or lyrics its just bass I kid you not these guys are all over my town in the country they think there keeping it gangster. They honestly think that sounds good. You can have that I want a nice clear system like bose or something. I dont understand it. LMAO

Oh, this isn't just an American phenomenon. Australia has it too (sometimes I think the music is loud to be heard over the sound of the V8).

Maybe it's a white people thing. :laugh:

Reactions: Bcoz789

Điệp Khối

Jan 15, 2015
Hanoi
Got bootloop on my Vince running android 10 (havoc 3.1) after flashed magisk module via TWRP (I have to flash via TWRP because when I flash via Magisk it said: "cannot mount /dsp")
Please help!!!

Attachments

• ainur_sauron-debug.log
    240.1 KB · Views: 7

geiszla

Aug 14, 2016
Got bootloop on my Vince running android 10 (havoc 3.1) after flashed magisk module via TWRP (I have to flash via TWRP because when I flash via Magisk it said: "cannot mount /dsp")
Please help!!!

I have the same problem. It would be good to know how to solve it. I had the same with Viper4Android, there I just needed to rename post-fs-data.sh, but that solution doesn't seem to work here.

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
I have the same problem. It would be good to know how to solve it. I had the same with Viper4Android, there I just needed to rename post-fs-data.sh, but that solution doesn't seem to work here.
I don't own an android 10 device but I know that/system can't be mounted anymore on 10. Maybe that's the case for/dsp (stands most likely for digital signal processing) too or it's a subfolder of / system so if magisk can't mount it TWRP won't do it neither.
Which version of magisk are you on?

geiszla

Aug 14, 2016
I don't own an android 10 device but I know that/system can't be mounted anymore on 10. Maybe that's the case for/dsp (stands most likely for digital signal processing) too or it's a subfolder of / system so if magisk can't mount it TWRP won't do it neither.
Which version of magisk are you on?

/dsp mounting in TWRP works, it says it's installed correctly, but the ROM doesn't boot.
I need to remove the module with the mm script to boot into android. Also before, when I was on Pie, I had the same with Magisk not being able to mount it, but could install with TWRP and use it. I'm using the latest Magisk (20.3).

Last edited:

bick

Nov 29, 2007
Gloucester, UK

Those 'audiophiles' are here too in the UK. There's a 'Moron' button on their dashboards.....
Sorry, off-topic......
BTW, loving this 'true' audiophile thread.

Last edited:

geiszla

Aug 14, 2016
Please help!!!

I finally found the source of this problem. It has to do something with Magisk not being able to set the SELinux rules (I have a ROM with SELinux permissive, so that may cause it to fail?). Nevertheless, if you have SELinux on permissive, you can simply remove the corresponding lines in the setup scripts of the module.

1. Download the mm script for Magisk module management from recovery (This is to temporarily disable the module and boot into Android to edit the file. You can also edit the file using adb from recovery using another device (e.g. computer) if that's your thing.)
  2. Install Ainur Sauron (or any other module, which requires some rules set for SELinux)
  3. If it can't install in Magisk, because it can't mount /dsp, download the TWRP zip from the XDA thread and flash it from recovery.
  4. Boot into recovery and flash the mm script zip.
  5. DON'T reboot yet. Go to Advanced -> Terminal and enter "sh sdcard/mm"
  6. Select "d", then type part of module name (e.g. "sauron"), then press enter. It should only show ainur_sauron as disabled.
  7. Reboot to System, choose your preferred file explorer with root capabilities and go to "/data/adb/modules/ainur_sauron".
  8. Open "service.sh" with a text editor and place a "#" before the line that starts with "magiskpolicy" to comment it out. (If you have problem with another module, look around in the module scripts for this line and comment it out everywhere)
  9. Reboot to recovery, go to Terminal, start mm script and do the same as before to enable the module.
  10. Reboot to System, and it should work.
Note that you need to do this every time you update or reinstall the module. I hope this helps.

Last edited:

iceman0826

Mar 13, 2013
Quezon City
I wonder if this is compatible with iBasso DX160 using Lurker FW as it allows one to use Magisk on this unit. Been searching for an Android DAP that has a superior dac unlike from the Smartphones.

For those who has it, is Sauron or Narsil works on this unit? Thanks in advance for those who can share their wisdom.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    deXo70Y.jpg

[AINUR AUDIO] (named after John R.R Tolkien mythology) mod was conceived on 12th January 2016 at Russian 4pda forum, with an idea to create the ultimate universal tuning solution, that can help people get more from their devices in terms of audio capabilities. Ever since that time we have been aiming at achieving new heights & providing you with a set of different mods (now archived): Pandora as universal SW optimizer, Nero as coloration fx remover, Kronos & Atlant as specific variety of device dependent mods with heavy tuning for different qualcomm cpu's. This allowed us to experiment & to find limitations of what can be tuned in terms of software & hardware within different smartphone configurations.
    We were also first to successfully implement hex disassembling method for proper effects porting. Further hex investigations showed that other audio "mods" contained nothing but huge amounts of bloat files, that needlessly took up massive amounts of space on system partitions. Our disagreement with the developers of said mods at times resembled a genuine "war". The discovery of our disassembling method, proper implementation of basic mods & port addons (along with quite a bit of patience) brought you our best solution yet, to help optimize sound on your android device and reach the desired high level of quality, regardless of device manufacturer or cpu.

To go further we now starting a new era of audio mods with a brand new SAURON modification to bring you best sound ever in the audio modding history.

From Mordor
    With love

Press:
    Head-Fi

Contact & Socials
    Official website
    Telegram chat (brace yourselves - memes ahead!)
    VK group
    Facebook group
    Discord group
    Reddit discussion

ADDITIONAL INFO:
    Android audio mods mythbusted
    FAQ

[Ainur Audio] team
    @UltraM8 /Makarojke@4pda, @stake263, @red_naxella /LaKardo@4pda, @SashaSmile, @doma999, @Mostafa Wael, @Zackptg5, @defcomg, @ahrion, @AlienCreature7, @LazerL0rd, @james3460297, @Skrem339

Like our work?
    Support us!
    Paypal

News
    New years greetings & Sauron MK II launch
    Sauron MK III preparations. Seeking community help!
    [Ainur SAURON] MK III

PLKzgED.png
    Named after villain from Lord of the Rings mythology - SAURON, this mod automatically detects your device specs (soc/android sdk/rom/oem/proprietary stuff), and performs all of the possible audio patches that might boost sound. Sauron is system-wide modification - all of the patches are aimed to rework system components for androids audio subsystem and should work for headphones/speaker/bt. There is no app/UI.

MOD IS ON PAUSE, IS NOT UPDATED FOR LONG TIME AND WON'T BE ANYTIME SOON

Basic features:
    - Android 5.0 - 9.0 support
    - Unity installer by @ahrion and @Zackptg5
    - Qualcomm/Exynos/MTK/Kirin/Rockchip/Spreadtum cpu's support
    - ARM 32/64 bit support
    - Android SFX blobs eplacements (musicfx & audiofx apps might no longer work)
    - Cherry picked setprops
    - Automatic su.d/init.d/addon.d detection
    - Supported roots: Magisk 18+ /SuperSu/CMsu/PHH/LosSU/No root
    - AML addons ready
    - OTA surviving

Advanced features:
    - Qualcomm codec mixer tunings
    - Htc u11/u11+, m9, 10, m8 speaker amps patches and additions
    - OnePlus 5/5T, Mi 8UD/EE, Mi a2. Pixel 1/XL, Pixel 2/XL, Pocophone speaker amp DSP modifications
    - Forced Hexagon DTS Headphone:X module processing, mixer controls & custom config
    - * DAC powered devices mixer edits:
    - LG v20/30/30+/g6/g7
    - LeEco x800/x900
    - Nubia z11/z9/z9m
    - Axon 7 (moved to custom kernel)
    - Lenovo vibe X3

* Parameters forcing for DACs is achieved with mixer additions, thus either framework, or service apps can reset some values back to stock. Sorry, but it seems like device manufacturers doesen't want us to mess with these thing. There is a solution, but unfortunately it won't happen till probably next major version.

User determined features:
    You can set these features with sauron_useroptions (UO) file, by placing it to the root of the internal storage. Installer will place the file there during the install, if it's not there already. After resetting values you have to reinstall Sauron each time you want to try/set something new. Some of the stuff there can break sound completely - there is no fix for that, you have to reset stuff back & don't use some of the features that breaks normal use of your device.
    I've commented pretty every single thing there with all the info I know by this moment, make sure not to bother me with questions like "wut is dat XXXX feature for, dude?" please :)

- ACDB replacements
    - Universal remover for compressor SFX
    - Universal install for Fmas effect
    - Qualcomm shoebox & audiosphere effects
    - Qualcomm codec bitsize, impedance and discretization forcing
    - Compander remover
    - Aptx/hd libs, props & hexagon cappi libs install
    - Reverb effects for PCM conversions
    - Audio policy patching
    - Codec power gating remover
    - Qualcomm BT scrambler resamling
    - Exynos codec resampling
    - MTK gain setter
    - MTK Impredance setter
    - MTK high-pass filter remover

Installation:

!! Debugging !!​
    READ CAREFULLY​
    For an error during TWRP - get ainur_debug logs, that are generated to sdcard during install.
    Sauron is located in sbin/.magisk/img /ainur_sauron , or sbin/.core/img /ainur_sauron for magisk - this is your starting point.

1. Make sure you don't have anything set in UO, before posting something doesn't work as intended. Check clean install (UO unset) in the first place.
    2. For bootloop you'll need to provide ADB logs
    3. For any bug after bootup (ie weird device behavior, sound loss, etc) - use matlog app to generate logs

ALL the wrong logs for your issues will be completely IGNORED

VERY IMPORTANT !
    Study sauron_useroptions carefully - some combinations could lead to huge sound problems (as it's mentioned in the file), that WON'T be determined as issues. You have to find and you working combo on your own!

Installation
    Magisk users with /dsp mounting error should flash with twrp!

MKIII archive - download and flash with TWRP/Magisk

Changelog:
    Code:
    MK III 12.08.2019
    - Unity 4.4 update

MK III 27.05.2019
    - Installer fixes

MK III 03.05.2019
    - Unity 4.1 update

MK III 31.03.2019
    - Unity 4.0 update
    - magisk 19 support
    - qualcomm 855 support
    - various installer fixes

MK III 01.01.2019
    - Fully reworked installer (unity & aml updated)
    - Support for MTK/Kirin/Exynos mixers
    - SFX blobs rebased (including new base for MTK/Kirin/Exynos)
    - Reworked props
    - New UO features:
     - qualcomm acdb replacements, power gating disabling, bt scrambler resampling
     - MTK codec mixer edits: gain setter, impedance setter, high-pass filter remover
    - Reworked UO features:
     - Qualcomm codec bitsize & discretization forcements are deepen to support Hexagon DSP as well
    - Reworked mixer edits for qualcomm powered devices
    - Reworked kernel modules blobs & Hexagon dsp modules
    - Further experiments with aptx/hd, including better support for Pie
    - Experiments with speakers amplifiers DSPs: (Pixel 1/XL, Pixel 2/XL, Htc u11/11+/12/m9, Mi a2, Mi 8EE/UD, Oneplus 5, Pocophone)

MK II.II 19.06
    - AML update & fix

MK II.II 13.06
    - AML/Unity update

MK II.II 02.05
    - UO detection critical fixes

MK II.II 01.05
    - unity update
    - various fixes
    - UO updated

MK II.II 18.04
    - installer fixes

MK II.II 15.04
    - unity update
    - minor edits & fixes

MK II.II 24.03
    - audioserver fixes
    - better Treble (Oreo & P) compatibility
    - removed policy patches for better AML compatibility

MK II.II 22.03
    - Op3/t & Op5/t fixes
    - Minor Oreo edits
    - Various minor edits

MK II.II 17.03
    - Various fixes & edits

MK II.II 11.03
    - Android P support
    - Various fixes & edits
    - Axon7 patches moved to kernel by Skrem339
    - Sfx libs changes
    - Htc m7-m9 rt5501 & 5506 jack amplifier patches (libs hex patched by UltraM8)
    - Htc u11/u11+ speaker amp patches (beware, it blows :) )
    - Pixel devices experimental amp patches (sailfish, marlin, taimen, walleye)
    - Qualcomm RX HPH edits for HiFi mode
    - Oreo aptx/hd, ldac added by LazerL0rd
    - Fmas edits
    - UO file edited
    - Axon7 patches moved to kernel by Skrem339

MK II.I 26.02
    - Unity 1.3 update
    - Various fixes
    - New UO 

MK II.I 20.02
    - Critical installer fixes
    - Completely reworked core libs

MK II.I 07.02-08.02
    - Unity installer
    - Critical bug fixes

MK II.I 06.02
    - SFX libs install logic patches
    - Minor bug fixes

MK II 13.01
    - aml 2.9
    - got rid of hw dolby

MK II (beta 1 - stable) 31.12-01.01
    - Revamped installer 
    - Unity/AML v2.8
    - Added UO logic
    - Rebased SFX libs
    - Removed alsa
    - HTC U11/U11+ speaker amplifiers patches 
    - HTC m9/m8/10 amplifier drivers additions (possibly reroute headphones path with tfa amp)
    - Full Oreo (8.0+) support
    - OP5/5T speaker amp drivers additions for tfa9890
    - Added Qualcomm Shoebox 3d and Audiosphere audio effect libs, props & mixer controls
    - Added Fmas effect libs & props
    - Added UO controls for impedance, bitsize & discretization
    - Added snap 820/21/35 Speaker boost & voltage edits from Oreo
    - Added Hexagon DTS Headphone:X module, mixer switchers & controller config
    - Added Hexagon Dolby modules & mixer switcher
    - Added Qualcomm BT resampler (idk if it can even work)
    - Reworked props + added some new found by hexing
    - Set higher value for preallocated DMA memory buffer
    - Added kernel modules for QC codec
    - Added APTX/HD libs, props & hexagon cappi libs

MK I.IV.II
    - Installer critical fixes
    - magisk v13 support
    - new sfx libs

MK I.IV.I

MK I.IV
    - Added [user=4544860]@osm0sis[/user] busybox

MK I.III.I
    - Installer fixes

MK I.III
    - Installer fixes
    - New libs base + SFX patches
    - Qualcomm dac patches from older versions
    - HTC patches from older versions

MK I.II
    - Installer fixes
    - SFX patches

MK I - I.I
    - New libs base
    - Survive Rom dirtyflashing
    - Bug fixes

You are not allowed to use any parts of this mod in your own roms & mods!
    Ainur narsil [ mk i ]

pGVJ6SP.jpg

NARSIL in Tolkien’s legendarium was the sword that defeated Sauron villain.
    This Mod cleans android sfx from both stock and OEM effects as much as possible - delivering unbound sound the way hardware (internal codecs/dacs/amps) was meant to sound by manufacturer. It’s a system-wide modification - meaning it should affect general playback outputs: headphones/speaker/bt). There is no app/UI.

Basic features:
    - Android 4.0 - Q support
    - MMT-EX installer by @Zackptg5
    - Supports most SOCs
    - ARM 32/64 bit support
    - Cherry picked setprops
    - Automatic su.d/init.d/addon.d detection
    - Supported roots: Magisk 18+ /SuperSu/CMsu/PHH/LosSU/No root
    - AML addons ready
    - OTA surviving
    - Android SFX tract removal

Advanced features:

- Qualcomm/MTK/Exynos mixer patcher
    - Speaker amps calibration replacements for some devices
    - * DAC powered devices mixer edits:
    - LG v20/30/30+/g6/g7/v40
    - LeEco x800/x900
    - Nubia z11/z9/z9m
    - Axon 7 (moved to custom kernel)
    - Lenovo vibe X3

* Parameters forcing for DACs is achieved with mixer additions, thus either framework, or service apps can reset some values back to stock. Sorry, but it seems like device manufacturers doesen't want us to mess with these thing. There is a solution, but unfortunately it won't happen till probably next major version.

User determined features:
    You can set these features with narsil_useroptions (UO) file, by placing it to the root of the internal storage. Installer will place the file there during the install, if it's not there already. After resetting values you have to reinstall Narsil each time you want to try/set something new. Some of the stuff there can break sound completely - there is no fix for that, you have to reset stuff back & don't use some of the features that breaks normal use of your device.

- OEM sfx restorer (in case of bugs)
    - ACDB replacements
    - Qualcomm codec bitsize, impedance and discretization forcing
    - Compander remover
    - Audio policy patching
    - Codec power gating remover
    - Qualcomm BT scrambler resamling
    - MTK gain setter
    - MTK Impredance setter
    - MTK high-pass filter remover

Installation:

!! Debugging !!

READ CAREFULLY
    For an error during TWRP - get ainur_debug logs, that are generated to sdcard during install.
    Sauron is located in sbin/.magisk/img /ainur_sauron , or sbin/.core/img /ainur_sauron for magisk - this is your starting point.

1. Make sure you don't have anything set in UO, before posting something doesn't work as intended. Check clean install (UO unset) in the first place.
    2. For bootloop you'll need to provide ADB logs
    3. For any bug after bootup (ie weird device behavior, sound loss, etc) - use matlog app to generate logs

ALL the wrong logs for your issues will be completely IGNORED

VERY IMPORTANT !

Study narsil_useroptions carefully - some combinations could lead to huge sound problems (as it's mentioned in the file), that WON'T be determined as issues. You have to find and you working combo on your own!

Installation
    Since 04.03 supports only magisk flashing

NARSIL MK I
    download and flash with Magisk

Narsil is not yet added to magisk repo. Will do soon!

Changelog:
    Code:
    - MMTEX canary magisk support

- Installer fixes
    - Realme fixes

- MMT-EX installer fixes

- MMT-EX installer support for magisk 20.4

- MMT-ex installer
    - aml support update

MK I 27.05.2019
    - Unity update
    - Various compatibility/device specific fixes

MK I 27.05.2019
    - Initial release
    The ugly thruth about effects ported from other devices

Xda's sound mods history goes deep down in ages, but there is one particular myth that stays strongly. This myth is based off idea that we can port some external software effect from one device to another. That is completely wrong & most technologies CAN'T be ported.
    Almost a year and a half i got my htc m8 drowned & I bought myself meizu m2 note. This device has the worst audio u can imagine, so i started modding it. The first idea was to use well known mods from android software development section. Still I was really unsatisfied with the audio, so I started "porting" & mixing things on my own. After a while i teamed up with several guys from 4pda, that stated "Dude, u do everything wrong. Most of the stuff u are using is not working". OK. So, instead of believing in their words I googled how to make logs, got myself a proper Disassebler & start discovering on how things are working for real.
    It's been a huge drama over this thread between me & Arise team. But they are sitting on the very top of the junkyard & there are plenty of "port" mods in this xda section, where things are even worse. I understand that users & evangelists of these mods will call me idiot & stupid, but several people that asked "hey guys, can u explain me how does *thatparticulartechnology* works?" & those people never had a chance to have clear answers. Have u ever interested why? Because people don't know. They think, they can pull several apk's, libs, jars, etc - and this makes effects to work. Well in some cases like Dolby, previous MaxxAudio builds, Am3D, Arkamys - that will work. But for most others it WON'T EVER (well there is a trick, but no one except one guy can do that).
    Now I'm gonna share with you all of my findings:

Beats Audio. It's been a very huge history in putting beats libs & binaries into mod's. The first thing you need to consider - beats are deeply bind in HAL. Original HTC m7 flinger has special beats switchers in it, that control the whole effect. Beats API then is tied to Sense framework & several others files. If we open the original file from the M7 - we see that the effect starts with reference to 16A44 substream, and then goes on distributing to multi-channel substreams. So the only thing u need to do - port flinger from m7 to the desired device. The only way to do that - closed arm porting - that is a very tricky way I still don't understand, but Sun_dream successfully did that several times (last time he ported H/K to m9 from m8). Well, we also can replace the HTC M8 flinger with beats one entirety – it will work, but this trick works only under MM. No way to replace flinger on MM & up. All of those "dummy-binaries" like "beatsbass", "beatsnormal", renamed libraries & other stuff - is just nothing but a trash that never worked properly & never will.
    Pictures:
    Beats API in flinger lib
    dXYwQg4.jpg

qJXIq9A.jpg

Harman/Kardon & Jbl. Another HTC technology that people desperately want to port. H/K switcher stays in flinger just the same as Beats. The only way to fully port that - using closed arm porting, but still u would need Htc device for that. There is no other way.

Harman/Kardon from Huawei. I never examined Huawei's pad flinger, but having "libaudioflinger.huawei.so" libs in "ports" is a real surprise. As u can see it refers to original flinger to set HiFi setup. Not every HAL has those connections, or they are written in another way, so the libs won't work on many devices. Also, note that original MediaPad has Kirin CPU, which is different from Qualcomm, MTK & Exynos - the purpose of having H/K from is highly debatable.
    Pictures:
    Hifi setup
    M4zXmPm.jpg

SRS. From the dark ages of android, SRS was used by HTC to optimise your video experience. From 2015 Sony placed it in their XperiaX & XZ. If htc was using it for video stuff, sony uses it for speaker & virtualizer bundle. The problem behind porting it - the good all flinger & HAL. Yes, SRS is also written in flinger, so no way it will work outside original device.
    What surprises more - is edits devs make to srs configs for those devices that originally has it - like Project Yume pushes the eg compressor value to 15000. While the maximum is only 1. Even if this effect works for your device, dear devs change it so deep, that it becomes non working)

DeeHX & LDAC. Sony’s Dseehx optimization works ONLY with proper player (Sony’s default music player & PowerAmp) that has DseeHX API. Even when you port SOMC & try to switch DseeHX you won’t hear any audible changes as this thing is also deeply integrated in the whole framework. If you take a look at Z2/Z3 threads - u can see, that before Sony made DseeHx for Z3, people tried to port it from Z5 & failed. Even when Sony finally made it working on Z3 the cap was 96 upsampling) This thing is very specific & hw dependent, so claiming that you have successfully ported - is ridiculously stupid.
    Speaking of Ldac - i didn’t examine it deeply, but my guessing is that it is tied to adtp policy, which can’t be replaced with just your wish.
    When you make a port of Sony features - you clearly can hear some noticeable changes to audio - i guess that is work of Xloud &/or Clearphase &/or ClearAudio. I didn’t found anything in logs, when i was playing with files from XZ & X. So let’s call this stuff as “partially working”.

DTS. There are various devices having DTS - vivo, asus, acer - but none of them are truly working. For example vivo stuff relates to huge amount of files in the system which works only on vivo. Asus DTS is seeking for particular app (which devs are deleting, cause it can’t be properly porter and modified) & for special flinger that has “Icepower” switcher in it, or at least has set the “fasttrack” to “false”. I’m waiting for acer jade2 - so i can take a look at it’s implementation of DTS, but as far other phones are very hw & framework dependent, I highly doubt it can be ported.

Audio_effects Configs. Now that is the “greatest” & the funniest part of all. I can imagine that “modders” are lazy enough, they don’t want to use disassembler & google. But writing mad configs - is a real disaster. Devs call this “method” an “engine” - what they basically do is putting a non working effect like “eagle_pipeline” (that is used in DTS effects) & trying to stick to standard proxy lib) The whole config in a typical way is written for soundfx API to take part in rendering the audio - like “preeffect” bundle is setting echo cancellation & controls gain, rewerbwrapper is controlling the amount of reverberations & is typically used for aux setup, etc. That is why most of audio_effects configs looks the same, with small integrations of other effects phone developers put into it, so that their own effect will work. But you can’t load unloadable effect (any of those i wrote above), by mixing it with standard API. HAL would appeal to particular library & particular uuid of the effect & only then, if needed will load standard API to render the sound.

This info i was collecting for last half a year. I might be wrong in several places, but I guess you got the main idea: most of effect technologies rely much on particular frameworks & Hw stuff. I’m not sorry for being rude to several people over this thread & there are several other guys i disrespect even more for trashing the whole AD&H section with their crap (no, not Arise guys, as i said - they are just the top of the junkyard). This whole situation leads me to idea, that 90% of “modders” doesn't know what they really do. What is even worse - other people take their work & use it in their projects, so after a while everyone believes that this stuff is truly working. That huge amount of partially working “mods” are trashing your system partition with up to 200+ mb of useless files! “Modders” make ridiculously stupid mistakes, but users still admire & praise them. I don’t need to soothe my ego that much, I just want to warn users of that rubbish: please, don’t be fooled! Make your own research!
    [Addons] ported audio effects & standalone DSPs

OILsrAS.png
    These are third-party effect ports & standalone DSPs which can be used on their own, or combined with Ainur mods.
    To use multiple Ainur mods/addons magisk users have to install AML module from magisk repo

JamesDSP ->
    DTS HPX & X Ultra ports->
    Ciaomeme audio+ mod for several xiaomi devices->

Discontinued:

These are old addons that are no longer updated &/or upstreamed to new unity/aml.
    Dolby->[/URL
    Bang&Olufsen icepower port [URL="https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=70935959&postcount=1027"]->

Arkamys effect port ->
    Dirac effect port ->
    Fiio's V4A irs convolvers ->