Airplay Mirroring finally works on Raspberry Pi

Search This thread

smoki3

Oct 29, 2010
Heidenheim
Does it already support miracast and airplay for macbook?

Airplay for Macbook does work. I only have the problem i cant see the full monitor. At the borders the is cutted off a part of the screen. Is there a config to correct this?

Last edited:

the_shade_shade

Mar 26, 2007
sign in

could you send to me a beta program?
I would to check it with latest Mac OS Software

Thanks in advance

the_shade at tut.by

the_shade_shade

Mar 26, 2007
Thanks!

I received the license key and immediately tested it
All is OK (Mac OS 10.9. I was able to see airmirror only after Mac reboot). Instruction is clear. I really appreciated for this program.

Just a small question how I could buy the license or donate?

Thanks in advance

the_mentor

Jul 11, 2010
I would like to sign up for beta if possible.
Also is there a way to run it directly from an xbmc os on the pi like raspbmc?

littld

May 18, 2005
Hello I'd like to try the beta please, PM sent. I have an iPad Air and Pi. Thank you.

kenyee

Dec 11, 2008
should get this into a usb-powered package

Like those dongles you can buy that support miracast.

I haven't been able to find one w/ AirPlay Mirroring support yet except the Visson V5i dongle but you can't seem to get this in the US :(

GrahamH68

Aug 26, 2010
I noticed in one of the earlier replies on this thread that there was mention of an Android port to allow sending Airplay content to an Android device - i.e. Airplay receiver. Does this exist and if so where can I find it?

I'd also be interested in being a tester and I have the full range of gadgets including iPads/iPhones/Macbooks and Android Smartphones, RasPi, CuBox-i.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

we have been working on a new remote display product, called rPlay

In short, rPlay v1.0 supports Apple's Airplay protocol, including the latest Airplay Mirroring technology, so you will be able to send iPhone/iPad screens to a HDTV powered by a Raspberry Pi. It supports real time audio/video streaming.

This is the first time Airplay mirroring is implemented on raspberry pi devices.

We are accepting 100 beta testers for the Raspberry Pi platform, please send email to info at our company domain name.

Youtube video demo:

video 1: (HD)
    http://youtu.be/aviPOINM6Bk

video 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNEWZhOujpw

A screenshot showing iPad mini with iOS 7 beta on Raspberry Pi is also attached.

For more info, please visit our company website, http://www.vmlite.com
    please leave your email address by private message, will send download info.

would love to sign up for beta as well.

cheers, bendsch.
    I have sent the beta version to who requested by email. If you don't receive it, please email again.

Thanks,
    Please send email for the beta version. We will release the beta late this week.

In addition to Airplay and Airplay Mirroring with the beta, we also added some support of Chromecast, this is the first time a Pi can be used as Chromecast receiver, YouTube app works.

Lots of work still needs to be done for Chromecast, but you will be able to test the Chromecast emulation on Pi soon while waiting for a real device. It works with iOS and Android YouTube app.

Thanks,
    Are you using Safari browser? try Chrome or IE or Firefox.

I am having some problems logging into the web console. I get the password screen, but I cannot seem to find the right password. The default username/password is admin/admin, right?