Airtel Xstream Smart Box -> Vanilla AndroidTV

Search This thread

Neeraj326

Apr 24, 2021
Hi all

I downgraded my STB by removing power 10 times.
Installed ATV launcher and disabled
Com.airtel.tv
Com.uei.uas.airtel
Com.airtel. fti

But it was automatically upgraded to newer version within 2 days.
Is there any way to stop auto upgrade of version.
Found a way to stop auto update
Rename model to some custom name
Disable icx
And remove LNB connector

Now it works fine

Reactions: goldybewon

sstewari

Apr 10, 2005
Hi all

I downgraded my STB by removing power 10 times.
Installed ATV launcher and disabled
Com.airtel.tv
Com.uei.uas.airtel
Com.airtel. fti

But it was automatically upgraded to newer version within 2 days.
Is there any way to stop auto upgrade of version.
Hi. Great work, first of all. Your suggestion was an ice breaker. I was able to downgrade the firmware as told by you but it also got upgraded. Now powering off 10 times doesn't seem to work. What did you do after the upgrade?

Neeraj326

Apr 24, 2021
Hi. Great work, first of all. Your suggestion was an ice breaker. I was able to downgrade the firmware as told by you but it also got upgraded. Now powering off 10 times doesn't seem to work. What did you do after the upgrade?
Powering off 10 times during initialization will again downgrade it, now don't connect to internet, change name to some custom name, disable ICX, downloD ATV launcher, open usb debugging and delete 3 files as done earlier

Now even after upgrade it will open with ATV

It will

Neeraj326

Apr 24, 2021
Great achievement...We are waiting for a long time.
Will you pls share full tutorial and supporting files.
Thanks,

Please see my earlier thread

Powering off 10 times during initialization will again downgrade it, now don't connect to internet, change name to some custom name, disable ICX, downloD ATV launcher, open usb debugging and delete 3 files as done earlier

Reactions: goldybewon

shailesh1985

Feb 15, 2013

It will
Are there any specific steps to follow while power off the stb?

Neeraj326

Apr 24, 2021
Got an update today, I agree with this, I think this is done for for now.

Getting blank screen too. Can access settings and Chromecast works lol
Follow these steps

1. While starting remove power pin from box when intializing and insert after 2 seconds. Repeat this 10 times, this will downgrade your box.

2. Now enable USB debugging, sometimes it asks for satalite LNB signal. connect it once till signal gets locked.

3. Change box name to some custom name.

4. Connect to internet

5. Install ATV launcher
6. In apps go to airtel xtreme and enable disable camera.

7. Now remove these 4 packages using ADB shell

Com.airtel.tv
Com.uei.uas.airtel
Com.airtel. fti
Com.firmware

Neeraj326

Apr 24, 2021
Thanks for guiding.
Aprat from disabling, uninstall that 3 airtel app is safe or cause any issues?
Mine is working fine

Follow these steps

1. While starting remove power pin from box when intializing and insert after 2 seconds. Repeat this 10 times, this will downgrade your box.

2. Now enable USB debugging, sometimes it asks for satalite LNB signal. connect it once till signal gets locked.

4. Connect to internet

5. Install ATV launcher

Com.airtel.tv
Com.uei.uas.airtel
Com.airtel. fti
Com.firmware

Neeraj326

Apr 24, 2021
Follow these steps

4. Connect to internet

5. Install ATV launcher

Com.airtel.tv
Com.uei.uas.airtel
Com.airtel. fti
Com.firmware

jugunu

Jul 28, 2012
Follow these steps

4. Connect to internet

5. Install ATV launcher

Com.airtel.tv
Com.uei.uas.airtel
Com.airtel. fti
Com.firmware
After 10 times power off now its stuck at "initializing..." page no progress after 30 mins.

waheem

Dec 10, 2014
I have 2 airtel boxes first is updates disabled usb debugging try 10 times remove power cable trick but not working won't downgraded
And another one is old version patch level 2019 and i successfully converted it to fully android box
So what I do with it
First must enable usb debugging and open yr phone hotspot but do not turn on internet otherwise yr box will be updates to latest version after that connect yr box wifi with yr phone and connect it with remote adb shell app via ip address and remove this
com.airtel.tv
com.firmware.update
com.technicolor.checkota
com.uei.uas.airtel
com.apps.updater
com.tataelxsi.icx
com.technicolor.enableUpdates
After success install atv launcher with es file explore app
And someone who actually downgraded his airtel box please reply

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got the Airtel Xstream box, the model is 'Xstream_Smart_Box_001', Android v9, Patch Level 5th Sept 19, Kernel: 4.9.159-1-6pre, Release: hsw4026atl-1.0.9-19110817, build: ptt1.190228.001.1.0.9-19110817.

I got it a few hours ago and it wasn't even activated at that time.

Code:
    1.) You need to enable developer options, enable usb debugging. 
    2.) Then get adblink, connect to device IP. (You'll have to authorize on box first attempt)
    3.) Click 'Uninstall APKs'-> Search "airtel", I saw 3 files.
    4.) DO NOT UNINSTALL FROM GUI. 
    5.) Click ADB Shell
    6.) delete the com.airtel.tv last.
    7.) This command to delete: pm uninstall -k --user 0 'App Name'

I installed an ATV Launcher, before deleting airtel packages. Install from GUI.

Remote still works, not all buttons work. Airtel Remote Smart app for phone works, the pointer still works. I've managed to install JioTV and have gotten it semi working. :)
    edit- you can re-map remote buttons through an app,

All of this was done while the 'please recharge' prompt was on screen. Its easy to bypass, you have to get into settings to enable developer options. I did get stuck once, I used to mic on remote and asked it to open play store. If you get stuck, use the google assistant to get out of a screen.

This is what the box looks like:
    airtel_xstream_box_full_1567416718472.jpg

After conversion:
    B2MR6cr.jpg

UgSpVXV.jpg
    Could you please extract the Airtel xStream apk and share?
    i have pm me
    Restore Xstream box back to normal

I followed the steps and converted the xstream box to normal android box. I use the ATV launcher now, as the android TV launcher do not work. However, now I would like to convert it back to the normal state where i can access cable tv. Please let me know the steps if available. Or help me get the following apk:
    com.airtel.tv
    com.uei.uas.airtel
    com.airtel.fti

Anil
    Someone please try this alternate method.

Instead of uninstalling all the three "airtel" apps, can you all try this method:
    1) Sideload "Button Remapper" app to xsteam box.
    2) Open the app through settings and remap any button (for example Netflix button) to open ATV Launcher.
    3) Restart the box. When promp to recharge, just press the button remapped to ATV Launcher.
    4) You should be able to launch any app using ATV Launcher.
    Please someone try this and report whether this works or not.
    Note- Someone please try to install the new Google Launcher (the launcher available on the newly launched Google TV) and say whether it works on xsteam box or not.
    Also note- Instead of uninstalling the "airtel apps", try disabling them with this command: adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 <app package name> . So that people trying to revert to normal just have to re-enable them by using this command: adb shell pm enable <package_to_enable> .
    I don't own a stream box and planning to buy one.

I just got the Airtel Xstream box, the model is 'Xstream_Smart_Box_001', Android v9, Patch Level 5th Sept 19, Kernel: 4.9.159-1-6pre, Release: hsw4026atl-1.0.9-19110817, build: ptt1.190228.001.1.0.9-19110817.

I got it a few hours ago and it wasn't even activated at that time.

Code:
    1.) You need to enable developer options, enable usb debugging. 
    2.) Then get adblink, connect to device IP. (You'll have to authorize on box first attempt)
    3.) Click 'Uninstall APKs'-> Search "airtel", I saw 3 files.
    4.) DO NOT UNINSTALL FROM GUI. 
    5.) Click ADB Shell
    6.) delete the com.airtel.tv last.
    7.) This command to delete: pm uninstall -k --user 0 'App Name'

I installed an ATV Launcher, before deleting airtel packages. Install from GUI.

Remote still works, not all buttons work. Airtel Remote Smart app for phone works, the pointer still works. I've managed to install JioTV and have gotten it semi working. :)
    edit- you can re-map remote buttons through an app,

All of this was done while the 'please recharge' prompt was on screen. Its easy to bypass, you have to get into settings to enable developer options. I did get stuck once, I used to mic on remote and asked it to open play store. If you get stuck, use the google assistant to get out of a screen.

This is what the box looks like:
    airtel_xstream_box_full_1567416718472.jpg

After conversion:
    B2MR6cr.jpg

UgSpVXV.jpg