AKG tuning for s7/s7 edge (ported from s10)(V5)

Search This thread

TheDevelopper

Apr 6, 2018
Not sure, just flash v5s10 and have a listen, if it doesn't work flash v5.1 and everything will be fine
@SilentWorld, Ok, I'll give it a try, thank you :)

Edit: i have done it, flashed (V5S10), the sound works perfectly in good quality, it's different than the regular v5.1 but i don't really know if it works like s10 or it's just turned into the stock sound??

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there!

I didn’t really like the tuning of my s7 edge, it sounded tinny and weak so I ported the s10 AKG tuning to the s7.
    This mod will only add the tuning, it won’t add dual speakers or Dolby Atmos.

Compatibility:
    S7 or S7 edge based roms/stock made for Exynos, can't confirm snapdragon
    There are now 2 versions, the full s10 one will probably only work on ported roms, but you can flash it and see if the sound still works, if not just flash the normal v5.

Features:
    Makes the sound fuller, deeper and more detailed, now you can brag that your phone has AKG tuning too, just like the s10 bois.
    Most of the files used are from the s10 running OneUi.

Recommendations:
    Works best with dual speaker mod and Dolby Atmos

Instructions:
    -Please make a backup before flashing, if you don’t like it you can always go back.
    -just flash with twrp

sw3.jpg

Credits:
    @LeeXDA18 for providing the OneUI files and fixing some massive flaws
    @Arianoxx for helping with the flashable zip

Changelog:
    v1: first release
    v2: fixed the flashable zip, fixed some files and increased compatibility
    v3: removed unnecessary files, added more needed files and updated from latest dumps
    v3.1: small update: added 1 file to improve vocals and clarity
    v4: massive file improvements, should also increase volume and improve Dolby Atmos if used.
    v5: proud to announce v5 is now using s10 files, the whole sound is now ported from s10 including pretty much all other files and Dolby!! note: I've made 2 versions, one is the full s10 port (V5S10) and one uses the oreo files (V5) on most stock based roms the full S10 version will not work, if you decide to try the full version and it doesn't work (sound is gone) just flash the normal V5 and everything will be fine.
    v5.1:Removed the s10 mixer_gains, if you still have the old one (which this version wont delete) just flash my volume mod or dirty flash your rom.
    Update: V4 coming tomorrow, will bring massive improvements. Updated files, even more s9 audio files added and should bring higher volume.
    If you are using Dolby Atmos it should improve that too.
    Update: My s7 edge broke down and is currently being fixed (if even possible), I'm working on v5 with the help of testers and have good news: v5 will include the updated files taken from the s10. I'm still not sure if it will be possible to port the whole tuning over (s9 pie files didn't) but I can confirm it works on pure s9 based roms, going to test on s7 soon.
    V5.1 works fine on S7 TeamExyKings Note FE Pie port!:good:
    Ok I understand, but maybe you can raise it a little bit? ;) Sound is fine so far.
    I would use the stereo mod
    too, but some users complain about the earpiece volume seems to loud with this mod. Can you combine your audio mod with the stereo mod, fix the volumes and upload it? Would be great :)
    Thanks allot for your feedback, I've heard the earpiece got a less loud, which I see as a good thing as it makes it sound more like one speaker and less like 2 speakers out of phase, I'm planning to give some options in the new version with dual speaker and things like that, you could have a look at mixer gains and adjust them although I wouldn't make it to loud as it makes the sound noisy