• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

alarm clock icon next to wifi strength indicator..no idea whats triggering it

Search This thread

XRaiderV18

May 12, 2019
thread title is as it says, got an alarm clock icon next to my wifi strength indicator and ZERO clue what triggered it or how to get rid of it.

help?

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
  • Open your Notification Panel
  • Press and hold the Settings Icon for a couple of seconds and then release
  • You will see a notification acknowledging that System UI Tuner has been added to settings and the settings panel will open
    Scroll down and select System UI Tuner
  • Select Status Bar
  • Select Alarm
  • With Alarm now deselected you will see the alarm icon has been removed from the status bar

unknownsoldierx

Aug 30, 2011
Moto G Power
Do you use Tasker?

Certain apps, such as Tasker, have use scheduling functions that cause the alarm icon to be constantly displayed on newer versions of Android. Tasker has a setting called "Reliable Alarms" that disables this.

XRaiderV18

May 12, 2019
  • Open your Notification Panel
  • Press and hold the Settings Icon for a couple of seconds and then release
  • You will see a notification acknowledging that System UI Tuner has been added to settings and the settings panel will open
    Scroll down and select System UI Tuner
  • Select Status Bar
  • Select Alarm
  • With Alarm now deselected you will see the alarm icon has been removed from the status bar
how many seconds?

Do you use Tasker?

Certain apps, such as Tasker, have use scheduling functions that cause the alarm icon to be constantly displayed on newer versions of Android. Tasker has a setting called "Reliable Alarms" that disables this.
no to tasker.

XRaiderV18

May 12, 2019
I...THINK I figured it out? I got as far as clearing alexa's cache and that solved the problem. still no clue how to get into the system ui tuner though.