• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Alcatel 1x DEVELOPMENT: Kernel, TWRP, Pie ROMs, Guides

Search This thread
ALCATEL 1X Development Thread

TWRP and Kernel work is mine and is free for everyone to use, but I appreciate being credited.
System GSIs are created by Phhusson.
Guide for flashing with SP Flash Tool is mine, but the code and binaries are proprietary information from TCL/JRD Communication and may not be redistributed.

KERNEL - Based on latest Alcatel GPL source code that they released, compiled and packaged into a boot.img - bit . ly / 2Gc4XUN
TWRP - Custom built from source TWRP from my device tree. Most things work, no special partition support other than /vendor - bit . ly / 2EevCO7
TWRP device tree - Github: milankragujevic/android_device_alcatel_5059d (I can't post a link due to XDA restrictions for new users)
Stock rom for 5059D_RU - bit . ly / 2ruktBa (remove spaces, can't share link directly)

How to unlock bootloader?
Reboot into recovery (either hold Volume Up when booting, or adb reboot-recovery), go into bootloader mode (fastboot), and run fastboot oem unlock. Then confirm with the volume button and reboot the device. Please note, all data will be wiped.

How to flash kernel?
Reboot into bootloader and run fastboot flash boot boot.img and fastboot flash boot2 boot.img (you need to flash boot2 too, or else the phone will refuse to boot due to integrity and signature problem).

How to flash system or recovery
Reboot into fastboot and run fastboot flash [partition] file.img. For system, partition is "system", for recovery it's "recovery" (obviously).

How to flash with SP Flash Tool?
Flashing is similar to most other phones, except you need a special version of SP Flash Tool, and a custom DA, preloader, Auth file and of course the scatter file for this device (MT6739-based).
Download files from here: bit . ly / 2L7gwLX
In SP Flash Tool, select "DA_PL_U5A_PLUS_4G.bin" as DA, "MT6739_Android_scatter.txt" as Scatter and "JRD_6739_HZ_U5A_PLUS_4G.auth" as Auth file. If it doesn't work with that file, try "JRD_6739_A30ATMO.auth" as Auth.
Add some files, i.e. boot.img, recovery.img, system.img, vendor.img in the same folder as the scatter file.
Then, take apart the phone, disconnect the battery, click the start button in the software and plug the phone into the computer.

Treble GSI flashing
Most GSIs work, provided you download an arm A-only image.
Both Oreo and Pie work, but on Oreo there's a problem with sending and receiving SMS, calls and USSD codes, and mobile data.
On Pie, mobile data works intermittently, and SMS, calls and USSD works constantly.

LineageOS non-GSI
I'm working on building a LineageOS image specific for this device, which should fix all issues with MTK RIL.

WIP, comments and suggestions welcome. Standard disclaimers apply (NO WARRANTY PROVIDED, AT YOUR OWN RISK, etc. )

Vasih

Dec 29, 2018

TWRP and Kernel work is mine and is free for everyone to use, but I appreciate being credited.
Guide for flashing with SP Flash Tool is mine, but the code and binaries are proprietary information from TCL/JRD Communication and may not be redistributed.

KERNEL - Based on latest Alcatel GPL source code that they released, compiled and packaged into a boot.img - bit . ly / 2Gc4XUN
TWRP - Custom built from source TWRP from my device tree. Most things work, no special partition support other than /vendor - bit . ly / 2EevCO7
TWRP device tree - Github: milankragujevic/android_device_alcatel_5059d (I can't post a link due to XDA restrictions for new users)
Stock rom for 5059D_RU - bit . ly / 2ruktBa (remove spaces, can't share link directly)

Reboot into recovery (either hold Volume Up when booting, or adb reboot-recovery), go into bootloader mode (fastboot), and run fastboot oem unlock. Then confirm with the volume button and reboot the device. Please note, all data will be wiped.

How to flash kernel?
Reboot into bootloader and run fastboot flash boot boot.img and fastboot flash boot2 boot.img (you need to flash boot2 too, or else the phone will refuse to boot due to integrity and signature problem).

Reboot into fastboot and run fastboot flash [partition] file.img. For system, partition is "system", for recovery it's "recovery" (obviously).

Flashing is similar to most other phones, except you need a special version of SP Flash Tool, and a custom DA, preloader, Auth file and of course the scatter file for this device (MT6739-based).
In SP Flash Tool, select "DA_PL_U5A_PLUS_4G.bin" as DA, "MT6739_Android_scatter.txt" as Scatter and "JRD_6739_HZ_U5A_PLUS_4G.auth" as Auth file. If it doesn't work with that file, try "JRD_6739_A30ATMO.auth" as Auth.
Add some files, i.e. boot.img, recovery.img, system.img, vendor.img in the same folder as the scatter file.
Then, take apart the phone, disconnect the battery, click the start button in the software and plug the phone into the computer.

Treble GSI flashing
Both Oreo and Pie work, but on Oreo there's a problem with sending and receiving SMS, calls and USSD codes, and mobile data.
On Pie, mobile data works intermittently, and SMS, calls and USSD works constantly.

LineageOS non-GSI
I'm working on building a LineageOS image specific for this device, which should fix all issues with MTK RIL.

WIP, comments and suggestions welcome. Standard disclaimers apply (NO WARRANTY PROVIDED, AT YOUR OWN RISK, etc. )
Not working twrp not working touch screen
I have twrp all work i Russia

dagman5

May 20, 2018

How to flash kernel?

Treble GSI flashing

LineageOS non-GSI

Could it work with alacatel 1 (5033a)? It has the same chipset but differs in other characteristics.

juanzipp

Aug 5, 2015
Los link estan caidos. Instale el twrp pero queda en bootloop twrp. Saque el boot.img con el twrp para parchearlo con magisk pero al flashearlo con cmd vuelve a quedarse en el twrp. Podrias pasar el boot.img stock? Gracias

Reactions: Vink_Stuart

T3ll3S

Oct 11, 2019
Update links PLS

Hello? Does anyone have the DA and Auth files? The links are broken and I cant find online, help pls my phone is hard bricked. Thanks.

Reactions: peti99 and T3ll3S

T3ll3S

Oct 11, 2019
Hi again, does anyone of you know how to fix this error, im very scared that my phone wont show any screen again.
This is what happened: I tried to install Android 10 GSI and bootlooped so I went to TWRP and used my backup but from no reason the phone died during the backup and when I powered it on it vibrates but it doesnt show any image at all and takes a bit longer to vibrate.
The error on SP Flash Tool is STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL (0xC0060005). What do I do? When I try to flash it turns the LED on but then it turns off and turns on again but gives this error. If also there is a way to boot to bootloader directly tell me PLSS. Its Hard Bricked.

Hi again, does anyone of you know how to fix this error, im very scared that my phone wont show any screen again.
This is what happened: I tried to install Android 10 GSI and bootlooped so I went to TWRP and used my backup but from no reason the phone died during the backup and when I powered it on it vibrates but it doesnt show any image at all and takes a bit longer to vibrate.
The error on SP Flash Tool is STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL (0xC0060005). What do I do? When I try to flash it turns the LED on but then it turns off and turns on again but gives this error. If also there is a way to boot to bootloader directly tell me PLSS. Its Hard Bricked.

You did not flash correctly. The device isn't hard bricked, you have to turn it off (take it apart and disconnect the battery then reconnect it but don't turn on, keep the back cover off because you will surely need to repeat this many times), go to Options, Download and enable "Storage checksum" and "USB checksum", and then start flashing and then plug in the phone while SPFT is trying to flash. When SPFT starts flashing do not touch it, when it flashes the phone will reboot. You also need a proper stock ROM.

You can also just literally use the Mobile Upgrade S Gotu2 tool from Alcatel: https://mega.nz/file/DjpzTRDB#vC3SrO5hQr1Nzn32lWxVGLhmclfSpPF6CsIWHRaTsP8 and restore the stock ROM that way.

Reactions: T3ll3S

T3ll3S

Oct 11, 2019
Do i need to touch in any button before i flash? The other software why it tells that im on the newest version? What is the error about? I cant boot onto nothing it doesnt even show a screen but i will try harder

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

How to flash kernel?

Treble GSI flashing

LineageOS non-GSI

Hello? Does anyone have the DA and Auth files? The links are broken and I cant find online, help pls my phone is hard bricked. Thanks.

Links are back, the server had failed and I moved the files to another datacenter which took 3 days.

Here's a MEGA link just in case, if this happens again: https://mega.nz/file/i3BhASJJ#pNzwAsflvcvdfr3pGzUfbNhe3fHUCnfyoAR_O4IsFAE
    Los link estan caidos. Instale el twrp pero queda en bootloop twrp. Saque el boot.img con el twrp para parchearlo con magisk pero al flashearlo con cmd vuelve a quedarse en el twrp. Podrias pasar el boot.img stock? Gracias
    AUTH files doesn't work with A variant (5059A).
    January 2020 and the link is gone. (I can host it if you like. Message me.)