CU
EJ

Last edited:

immerzu

Jul 26, 2008
So easy?

I'll try it...

p.s.

Where kan I find Dalvik debug monitor to download?

Last edited:

EJ_the_DJ

Nov 11, 2008
After many unsuccessful attempts (Gingerbreak, other SOC-Versions) someone in a forum from the philippines told me this way and for me it worked perfect!

The secret was to keep the device connected to DDM! Without that SOC freezes...

CU
EJ

h**p://s14.directupload.net/file/d/2794/biea5dsy_png.htm

Last edited:

jimmykar

Sep 17, 2010
any news about the root guys?
and i want to ask you a favore...
i know that some for most of you the steps to follow about the root operation,seems common and easy,but pls not forget that some of us,older than you,we have problem to "follow" you!!
i know that maybe i ask to much,but pls try to write the steps as simple as possible...

thank you very much
p.s you are the best

Last edited:

jimmykar

Sep 17, 2010

nothing at all!!
i do everithing that the other guys did.....but nothing.
soc stucks at step 7...
i have tried in 3 different pc....nothing
....maybe is because my firmware is different from theirs......
v23AAG0 greece
the guy that i have told has v23AAE0 germany

we must find another way to root....soc does not work at least for me!!

immerzu

Jul 26, 2008
Firmware:

Build-Number:

v23AAE0

nothing to make. Tried on two PC.

:mad:

something must be different

jhezsie20

Jul 14, 2007
How to root OT918

Download this: ht tp: //w ww. unlockroot. com / index .htm
(sorry, i still can't post a link since i'm new. just remove the spaces on the posted link above)

1. Install the unlock root in your PC.
2. Enable USB Debugging mode on your device.
3. Connect your device to your PC using a USB cable.
4. Install the driver from the application shortcut menu under "Programs" on your PC.
5. Run the Unlock Root application.
6. Choose your device from the list of autodetected devices.
7. Click the Root button to start the rooting process.
8. Wait for it to complete the installation, after which you’ll be greeted with a message saying your device has been successfully rooted.
9. After the rooting process, simply reboot your device for the changes to take effect.

To check if you successfully rooted your device, just look if the Superuser app was installed.

Hope this help, tried and tested on windows 7 with my OT918 :)

immerzu

Jul 26, 2008
Download this: ht tp: //w ww. unlockroot. com / index .htm
(sorry, i still can't post a link since i'm new. just remove the spaces on the posted link above)

1. Install the unlock root in your PC.
2. Enable USB Debugging mode on your device.
3. Connect your device to your PC using a USB cable.
4. Install the driver from the application shortcut menu under "Programs" on your PC.
5. Run the Unlock Root application.
6. Choose your device from the list of autodetected devices.
7. Click the Root button to start the rooting process.
8. Wait for it to complete the installation, after which you’ll be greeted with a message saying your device has been successfully rooted.
9. After the rooting process, simply reboot your device for the changes to take effect.

To check if you successfully rooted your device, just look if the Superuser app was installed.

Hope this help, tried and tested on windows 7 with my OT918 :)

the same **** :(

http://i.imgur.com/Uyivg.jpg

jimmykar

Sep 17, 2010
yeah....the same.....nothing works here.....

what the hell is going on with this phone??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root solution for Alcatel 918D

Still nothing with the root (v23AAG0). I've been trying all the methods unlockroot,gingerbreak and SOC for days,more than 50 tries in SOC, but no luck yet. Tried also all drivers bu nothing..:confused:

I found it! I have finally rooted the 918D! I have tried all the methods reported here with no luck, but finally I found a new root method that propably works for all the 918D!

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

First o all a BIG THANKS to the member Breakk from www.movilesdualsim.com forum who found and posted this solution. The original link is this: http://www.movilesdualsim.com/foro/threads/9022-TUTORIAL-ROOTEAR-ALCATEL-OT-918-D-(Android-2-3-5)

In short:
    1) Take a backup of your important files from the phone (contacts, applications, etc.). Propably you will not lose anything, but its better to be 100% safe. Make sure the battery is fully charged.
    2) Turn off your phone and open the Device Manager on your pc. Connect the mobile to the usb port. An unknown device will appear instantly, it will disappear and then it will reappear. Right click on it and choose to update driver manualy.Depending on the OS you have (xp, vista, 7) install the appropriate driver from here http://www.mediafire.com/?32e6q4fzx7ahoeh
    You should notice now a new device that is be called "usb modem driver modify by mobileuncle.com". Make sure you have properly install the driver, disconnect and reconnect your mobile phone in the same usb port to confirm this. After successful installation the device dissappears from the Device Manager after a few seconds, don't worry - this is normal. Now unplug the phone from the usb port of your computer.
    3) Download the system.img from this link http://www.mediafire.com/?f4dahqmmucqha9c and decompress.
    4) Download the flash tool and scatter.txt from here http://www.mediafire.com/?9w5b5h1ywseljrr and decompress.
    5) Open flashtool.exe and right click on the yellow foldoer button on the right that says "Scatter-loading", browse for the file MT6573_Android_scatter_Alcatel_OT_918D.txt (located in the folder you downloaded in step 4) and coose open. In the two windows that will appear about the BMT and the bootloader just press ok.
    6) From the list that appeared scroll down and click in the box "Android". After that click on the word Android and browse for the file system.img (the file you downloaded in Step 3) and open it.
    7) Now click the button Download in the top of the flashtool window. This will initiate a 15 second countdown at the bottom of the window, plug the 918D in the usb port during this countodown. You will see a yellow bar, wait until it goes reaches 100%. Once this is done there will be a message that will report that you successfully completed the process,also a green/white circle will appear in the flashtool and on the screen of your mobile the battery charging indicator will appear. Unplug the phone from the usb port and press the power. The phone will start and the Android logo will appear, now just wait a few minutes without touching anything on the phone (buttons or touchscreen), it will take some time to load the system.img. Once the screen displays the menu that asks for password the for 2 SIM cards you are ready, you have succesfully rooted the 918D!

Ofcourse i have to say that I do not take any responsibility if anything goes wrong with your phone. Personally I didn't experience any problems and also didn't lose anything useful (contacts,applications or something else) from my phone. At last I have ROOT!
    ROM from moviledualsim.com installation instructions

The guys BREAKK, SAMARKANDA & HAMMY from mobiledualsim.com built a new ROM with enhancements for the 918d. It makes the phone faster and frees memory
    Original link: http://www.movilesdualsim.com/foro/threads/9369-1ª-ROM-ALCATEL-0T-918-D-PUZZLE-S-B-H-BLUE-v-1

Improvements (translated text from google):
    - ROM Root
    -Removed many app, removed some unnecessary and others because it is always being updated and is better to have the latest version and so won the ROM space
    - Adaptation of build.prop to increase performance and speed of the rom

Changelog:

SAMARKANDA:
    - Removing the original rom system.img through unyaffs application.
    - Added installation script.
    - Added the folder system / etc / init.d that adds tweaks to overall improvement in the rom.
    - Modified build. prop
    - Installing busybox
    - Home of the modification of general graphical phone, with the release of
    Framework-res.apk, SystemUI.apk and Setings.
    - Battery icon
    - Elimination mejoresjuegos.apk, and some more.
    - Added ER.apk screenshot, pulWifi.apk, volume +. apk HAMMY: - Setting and adjusting the graphic design of the ROM - Adaptation of the graphical parts of the other ROMs to the resolution of 320 x 480 - Change icons and conducting checks - Amendment Framework-res.apk, SystemUI.apk and Settings. apk BREAKK: - Tests and testing of the ROM - Editing Framework-res.apk, SystemUI.apk and Settings.apk - Elimination of the following apk: Acuweath.apk, bebbled.apk, busqueda.apk, facebook.apk, google + , apk, latitude.apk, maps.apk, messenger.apk, navigation.apk, noticias.apk, picsay.apk, pinball.apk, shazan.apk, sites. apk, sweet.apk, tecladotouch.apk, tunein.apk, youtube.apk, videos.apk, busquedavoz.apk, launcher.apk - Added the launcher ZeamLauncher see 3.1.10

To install the new ROM you should first ROOT the phone. Of course you must take all appropriate backup files from the mobile phone and to be 100% safe take a backup of your old rom ( http://www.movilesdualsim.com/foro/...DE-LA-ROM-DEL-ALCATEL-OT-918D-(chip-MTK-6573) )

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1) You download the new rom from here (do not unzip) http://www.mediafire.com/?oz1aem9qwex4f9a Put the file as it is compressed to the memory card of your mobile to the root dierctory (not in a folder)
    2) Download the recovery from here http://www.mediafire.com/?0fad6s5c2hbnkqt unzip and put in the root directory of the memory card the file 592zn.com_recovery_OT_918D_MT6573_V2.img
    3) Download the mobileuncletools application from here http://www.mediafire.com/?5lhw4hhdlqswcen decompress in the memory card and install the apk on your mobile. You run the application and select Flash recovery from sdcard. Select the 592zn.com_recovery_OT_918D_MT6573_V2. Once installed the recovery the phone will go in recovery mode. Select power off. With the phone turned off keepd pressed the volume + button and press the power button. It gets into recovery mode. Go to wipe (the menu navigation buttons are volume + and - and to confirm use the power button). You click wipe data, wipe cache and finally wipe dalvik-cache. After that you press return to go to the main menu and select flash zip from sd card. You choose the zip file you downloaded in step 1 and confirm. When the installation of the new rom finishes select reboot system recovery now and you're ready. It will take some time for the phone to boot, don't be afraid everything is normal, just wait. Also I have to mention that all the menus are in Spanish, you should go to settings and change the language (it is the 12th selection in Settings, it has an icon with an A)
    Hi,
    I have been using the blue Rom and its working great.

I have one small request. Could someone tell me how to remove the blue logo from the status bar?
    The reason I am asking because in landscape mode the logo distorts and doesn't look nice.:confused:

1r9roz.jpg

Thanks

Which phone model you have? the 918N.

I say this because the blue ROM is designed for the 918d. The 918n will not know if any problems.

Anyway, after you upload a patch to remove the logo, ok?

I'll give you the download link here at XDA forum.

You should to reset phone to factory settings and then see if the error in the continuous logo. If Continuing no ok, apply the patch then I will give:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?wher6j6v83j8nvh

Greetings.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

kmakro/breakk

i need a password to download a system.img please pm me or send it to my email ricspeed@yahoo.com

thanks you in advance.

Ok, The password of system.img is:

breakk.movilesdualsim.com

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

go to the spanish forum link use google chrome to translate the registration page and to read all infos the password is there... atleast have the effort to join there im afraid i cant give you the password here. the author of the OP there deserves a thanks!!! goodluck

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

yes i can confirm this im using Alcatel 918N from philippine... and the 3rd proceedure rooted my phone! Thanks a lot and the rom is so stable... but when status bar is scrolled down and i tap the search sotfkey @ the middle it gives me a status bar crash. is there a fixed for this mate? really appreciate your work

We are studying the issue of the notification bar because I do not just fails and gives it to any of you. We do not know if any app's fault, titanium backup, launcher, etc..

If you want to see as if it works ok, I leave a patch of the original sistemUI alcatel and testing. We will change the bar to the original theme alcatel (icons coverage too) but I think that will work well while.

You can go through this thread and follow the details of investigations:
    http://www.movilesdualsim.com/foro/threads/9369-1%C2%AA-ROM-ALCATEL-0T-918-D-PUZZLE-S-B-H-BLUE-v-1?p=73072#post73072

To rule out problems follow the advice I've written today in the thread and put the patch besides this (installed as the ROM, or from the recovery):
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7gs8556iebh3gj5

Greetings.
    Kernel with swap support

Kernel and modules with support for paging of anonymous memory (swap), ext2/3/4 and tun.

2013-06-18: /system/bin/ccci_mdinit to modules.tar added.
    Rom Alcatel OT 918D Puzzle SBH Blue v1.0

Spanish forum vvvvvv.movilesdualsim.com/foro/ has cooked a rom for the Alcatel OT 918D. The first known rom for this phone.

You can visit this forum thread there ...

vvvvvv.movilesdualsim.com/foro/threads/9369-1%C2%AA-ROM-ALCATEL-0T-918-D-PUZZLE-S-B-H-BLUE-v-1

Note vvvvvv are www, I can´t post links :)

See you there

regards