Alcatel One Touch Fierce 2 7040n Root/Bootloader/Recovery

Search This thread

DonSolo

May 3, 2010
Warren,MI
So my wife purchased the One Touch Fierce 2 after her Fierce 1 soft bricked (there wasn't ANY support out there for a stock firmware or update.zip). This is a nice device: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Alcatel-OneTouch-Fierce-2_id8868

Can we come up with an official root process? I haven't tried the usual Framaroot or Towelroot because there isn't anything official to fall back on like an update.zip or something from Alcatel.

A method for rooting, bootloader unlock, and custom recovery would be awesome for this device.

Any suggestions??

davedwelling

Mar 2, 2011
I also would like cyanogen on this device just bought myself

Really excited about this device when lanched just feels a little laggy but if we get a custom kernel we could all be gravy and also use find a way to use SD card as internel memory.

DonSolo

May 3, 2010
Warren,MI
Really excited about this device when lanched just feels a little laggy but if we get a custom kernel we could all be gravy and also use find a way to use SD card as internel memory.
Titanium backup will push all apps to SD with no problem

Maybe another root exploit will surface and coincidentally work for this device. Hopefully. Devs never intentionally show love to Alcatel devices ??

HUAWEIu8652

Feb 16, 2012
OKC
Memory

So today i got my 32gb sd card I ordered on amazon amd was looking at ways to move most apps to sd with no root and found a way. Google search: app to sd no root and the guide is by instructables. I now have about 560mb free on my internal storage.

stroker7040n

Dec 7, 2014
help!!!!!!!! alcatel one touch fierce 2 7040N from metropcs

Please help I need to get passed the bootloader and at least root this Alcatel one touch fierce 2 7040N from metropcs running 4.4.2. There has to be viable method of doing this. I don't want to brick the only thing I have and I can't keep buying new phones just to put hour after hour into to try and find ways. This would be awsome is I could do this. So can anyone please help

Reactions: CutterSpaulding

HUAWEIu8652

Feb 16, 2012
OKC
No Root

Please help I need to get passed the bootloader and at least root this Alcatel one touch fierce 2 7040N from metropcs running 4.4.2. There has to be viable method of doing this. I don't want to brick the only thing I have and I can't keep buying new phones just to put hour after hour into to try and find ways. This would be awsome is I could do this. So can anyone please help
There isnt going to be root for this phone anytime soon. We might be lucky if we get Lollipop next year. Good thing this is a temporary phone for me.

ryusufu

Feb 10, 2013
Kano
(Q) Unbrick Alcatel one touch fierce 2 7040n

can someone help me unbrick my alcatel one touch fierce 2 7040n...... i tried hard reset it, but it is not working....... i also tried searching for stock rom but it is not available..... we dnt have alcatel shop here in Nigeria.... i bought it in usa... through metropcs

Reactions: KaliLinuxLo

blackbos

Jan 29, 2015
root exploit vulnerability from z4root

There a exploit in the z4root if someone can a way to somehow combine the z4root with towelpie root rooting mite be possible the alcatel is vulnerable to the z4root because it will try to attempt to acquire a root shell with the temporarily root before shutting of if there a way to combine this root with the exploit from the towelpie for kitkat. Rooting may be possible im not a developer or ill try myself

Reactions: Gamekeeper408

edgar1980

Mar 16, 2015
Hi:

I have an alcatel 7040N, its from metro pcs, i need to flash it and cant be detected by alcatel upgrade tool. Then i wonder if someone knows where to get some rom for this model to load it from sdcard.

I have polarbox and octoplus, does exist any procedure to flash or unbrick the device with these tools?

TewSlo

May 15, 2015
Pawtucket
Successful Root

download Kingo Root APK from kingroot(d0t)net/root I downloaded AnTuTu Benchmark App from the Google Play Store, pressed "TEST", let it run until 10% and then pressed the home button to put it in the background and opened Kingo Root and it lagged quite a bit until about 70%; rebooted and was rooted! If it fails, go to Kingo Root App Info and clear the cache/data and try again!

Reactions: KenJi832

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So my wife purchased the One Touch Fierce 2 after her Fierce 1 soft bricked (there wasn't ANY support out there for a stock firmware or update.zip). This is a nice device: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Alcatel-OneTouch-Fierce-2_id8868

Can we come up with an official root process? I haven't tried the usual Framaroot or Towelroot because there isn't anything official to fall back on like an update.zip or something from Alcatel.

A method for rooting, bootloader unlock, and custom recovery would be awesome for this device.

Any suggestions??
    succes

I Finally rooted my alcatel Fierce 2 after a lot of failures.

I used KingRoot 4.1

It was getting stuck on 22% all the time so what I did was before it got stuck I press home button to minimize it and I relaunch the app and when it opened was at 56% and did not stop until root was successful.

I do not know if I was lucky but it worked.
    I hope this help.
    I'm willing to donate a test phone and money to a developer that wants to jump in on this. I'm not good enough to form an exploit
    help!!!!!!!! alcatel one touch fierce 2 7040N from metropcs

Hello good, I speak Spanish and translating it with google translator, I hope I understand, I need help since I have an alcatel 7040n totally dead, ie just turn on and do not pass the logo and try everything on the internet but I can not find it alone How to put it in Fastboot mode to install a rom and make the cache and erase data does not work. I also have the original recovery