Alcatel One Touch Fierce 2 7040n Root/Bootloader/Recovery

Search This thread

DonSolo

May 3, 2010
Warren,MI
So my wife purchased the One Touch Fierce 2 after her Fierce 1 soft bricked (there wasn't ANY support out there for a stock firmware or update.zip). This is a nice device: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Alcatel-OneTouch-Fierce-2_id8868

Can we come up with an official root process? I haven't tried the usual Framaroot or Towelroot because there isn't anything official to fall back on like an update.zip or something from Alcatel.

A method for rooting, bootloader unlock, and custom recovery would be awesome for this device.

Any suggestions??

Espada_Starrk

Dec 21, 2014
download Kingo Root APK from kingroot(d0t)net/root I downloaded AnTuTu Benchmark App from the Google Play Store, pressed "TEST", let it run until 10% and then pressed the home button to put it in the background and opened Kingo Root and it lagged quite a bit until about 70%; rebooted and was rooted! If it fails, go to Kingo Root App Info and clear the cache/data and try again!

I tried but my phone will still shut off and I won't have root

konsolen

Jan 28, 2012
Vienna
hi espada,
after your root fail, clear the antutu and the kingo app in your setting menu.
sometimes this method must tried 10 to 20 times to work.

So after every failed try, clear the 2 apps and close all apps that run at the moment.
and dont forget to check usb debugging on your device.
also alcatel is a little bit tricky with drivers.so look for the original drivers.

good luck, good root!

Reactions: KenJi832
T

Thuggins2086

I can't even get KingRoot to install! Unknown sources is turned on and it even asks if I'm willing to install it even though it could bypass android security...blah blah blah. I said ok and then it tells me the app didn't install.

EDIT: Nevermind. I didn't see the other option next to "ok" that said "Install Anyway."

snz1o

Apr 26, 2010
succes

I Finally rooted my alcatel Fierce 2 after a lot of failures.

I used KingRoot 4.1

It was getting stuck on 22% all the time so what I did was before it got stuck I press home button to minimize it and I relaunch the app and when it opened was at 56% and did not stop until root was successful.

I do not know if I was lucky but it worked.
I hope this help.

Crono11218

Jun 13, 2015
Finally rooted permanently

Ive had Alcatel One touch fierce 2 for several months and tried evry root method possible
With no success Ive searched google and after countess hours
Stumbled upon this link post 42

http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/help/rooting-alcatel-fierce-2-7040t-t2907175/page5

Follow the steps exactly as outlined
After two hours 10 tries and three cigarettes I got it and it works sooo perfect
Just dont get frustrated and keep trying you will need king root 4.1
And antutu benchmRk from play store

This method is for full root with locked bootloader

Carful with exposed as some scripts will brick your phone
Also for now I was unable to find a script to change kinguser to super su but busybox romtool box lucky pacter all work flawless

Reactions: noblelinux

arashde

Jun 7, 2015
Alcatel Fierce 2 (7040n) Recovery Mode problem

I finally rooted fierce 2 ,But after that when I decided to install CWM recovery, I discovered that My recovery mode is not working (is not accessible any more). Because I've installed a wrong version of CWMR, Now i need to find the right version of CWM for my phone or a backup(flashify apk) of stock recovery mode (7040n).
I will be really thankful if someone could help me to find either of the two.

Jayfeatherz

Jun 19, 2015
I finally rooted fierce 2 ,But after that when I decided to install CWM recovery, I discovered that My recovery mode is not working (is not accessible any more). Because I've installed a wrong version of CWMR, Now i need to find the right version of CWM for my phone or a backup(flashify apk) of stock recovery mode (7040n).
I will be really thankful if someone could help me to find either of the two.

How did you root it? I trying to root my phone but I can't do it. D:

darealangelcolon

Jun 23, 2015
Here is a root option

I have verified this to work on my N... this guide was originally for a T but as you will see I have an N and I am rooted

this was found on a page on xda link at bottom

Ok this is what finally did it for me

1)Installed Kingroot (v4.0) to my phone Place shortcut on home screen but do not execute yet)
2)Installed latest Antutu Benchmark from Play store to my phone (place shortcut on home screen)
3)Run Antutu an when it hits 10% click the home button and open and run kingroot and execute while Antutu continues to run in the background
4)After kingroot hits about 20% give or take the phone will restart
5) Soon as phone boots back into desktop it will be laggy, quickly open Antutu and run it and immediately hit home button
6)While Antutu is running in background go into phones settings>apps>find kingroot and "clear data" and hit home button
7) Open kingroot and execute (antutu should still be running in the background)
8)I would tap the screen every few seconds to prevent the display from sleeping while kingroot was doing its thing
9) After repeating the above steps a couple of times, basically just running kingroot while antutu runs in the background, letting it reboot, clearing kingroots data then rinse and repeat I obtained root (kingroot display shows root has been obtained)

This worked when nothing else did on my moms Acatel 7040T.

This thread was a large help to me it can be found also on the xda forum here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/help/rooting-alcatel-fierce-2-7040t-t2907175/page5

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-23-12-16-46.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-23-12-16-46.png
    129 KB · Views: 429
Reactions: sevynlicious

Red8ball

Jun 25, 2015
It lies!! lol

I have used the kingroot+antutu method over and over, it will eventually claim success, yet I have no permissions to the users command in terminal/busybox. Similarly when I apply folder name changes to normally protected folders, they refuse to change sometimes, others they refuse to change back. The final thing, iroot is the only thing that says I don't have root access, I can trick it by replacing kinguser with SU, but nothing actually seems to work. All system and obb folders are blank as well.

Alcatel one touch fierce 2 7040N kitkat 4.4.2 from metro PCS

Last edited:

Hsj777

May 16, 2014
Mobtown

I used KingRoot 4.1

It was getting stuck on 22% all the time so what I did was before it got stuck I press home button to minimize it and I relaunch the app and when it opened was at 56% and did not stop until root was successful.

I hope this help.
Thanks man it worked for me too!!!

BlackAuras

Jul 13, 2015
I Found a Root!!!

First, you need to download Anututu Benchmark and Kingroot from online. Get the 4.0 version. It will not be in English be that is fine. Now, open Anututu and run it, let it got to 10% then go open Kingroot and click root. Do not click the screen, that just makes it restart. After it restarts, run anututu but this time as soon as it starts, go to app settings and clear data for Kingroot. Now open kingroot and click root. Keep doing this process until the precentage reaches 100% THEN restarts, not before then. I had to do this about 5 times before it became rooted. But I have to say, you can't do much still as not custom rom or recovery supports this phone saddly. :crying:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So my wife purchased the One Touch Fierce 2 after her Fierce 1 soft bricked (there wasn't ANY support out there for a stock firmware or update.zip). This is a nice device: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Alcatel-OneTouch-Fierce-2_id8868

Can we come up with an official root process? I haven't tried the usual Framaroot or Towelroot because there isn't anything official to fall back on like an update.zip or something from Alcatel.

A method for rooting, bootloader unlock, and custom recovery would be awesome for this device.

Any suggestions??
    succes

I used KingRoot 4.1

I hope this help.
    I'm willing to donate a test phone and money to a developer that wants to jump in on this. I'm not good enough to form an exploit
    help!!!!!!!! alcatel one touch fierce 2 7040N from metropcs

Please help I need to get passed the bootloader and at least root this Alcatel one touch fierce 2 7040N from metropcs running 4.4.2. There has to be viable method of doing this. I don't want to brick the only thing I have and I can't keep buying new phones just to put hour after hour into to try and find ways. This would be awsome is I could do this. So can anyone please help
    Hello good, I speak Spanish and translating it with google translator, I hope I understand, I need help since I have an alcatel 7040n totally dead, ie just turn on and do not pass the logo and try everything on the internet but I can not find it alone How to put it in Fastboot mode to install a rom and make the cache and erase data does not work. I also have the original recovery