Alcatel One Touch Fierce 2 7040n Root/Bootloader/Recovery

Search This thread

DonSolo

May 3, 2010
Warren,MI
So my wife purchased the One Touch Fierce 2 after her Fierce 1 soft bricked (there wasn't ANY support out there for a stock firmware or update.zip). This is a nice device: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Alcatel-OneTouch-Fierce-2_id8868

Can we come up with an official root process? I haven't tried the usual Framaroot or Towelroot because there isn't anything official to fall back on like an update.zip or something from Alcatel.

A method for rooting, bootloader unlock, and custom recovery would be awesome for this device.

Any suggestions??

DillonHerring

Jan 6, 2014
Soo, about that bootloader though? Anyone unlock it? Can we use recovery builder to make a custom recovery from stock? Knowing theres noo way to flash a stock back makes me very careful right now, im rooted, I used kingroot. It took three tries, pc version. I removed all bloat, exchanged kingusersu for supersu pro. If anyone needs help doing that part, you have to have to leave the kinguser su installed because it gives permission to supersu to install its binary. Once the binary is installed, then go to options and install it to system. Then finally you are able to remove the kinguser su without suffering any setbacks using a system app remover. If you dont follow that order you will have to reroot.

Last edited:

unbreakable360

Mar 28, 2011
Still looking for custom ROMs and how to install a recovery I've found that the phone actually has a recovery mode but I cannot use ROM manager with it which sucks because I can't backup

BigCountry907

Oct 15, 2015
I backed up my phone using ADB by dumping the recovery and boot to .img files
I also made a backup with online nandroid backup app.
This gave me a CWM backup.
I installed Kitchen in CYGWIN and rebuilt the ROM. I used the add root to Boot.img which shows the boot img is unsecured. I also DE-Odexed the ROM. By creating the EDIFY_Defs file using the phones mountpoints i got through ADB kitchen builds good META-INF folder.
So now i have a good UPDATE.ZIP.
Problem is you cant load it with the stock recovery.

I get error Signature Failed.

We need a factory UPDATE.ZIP. the only way we can get that is if someone has a phone thats not updated yet. They can capture the OTA Update.Zip and that is loadable with the stock revovery.

Anyway so i have a good ROM that can be loaded if someone knows a way to flash it.
If we can get that OTA Update im sure we could use it to fix any Broken Phones.

BigCountry907

Oct 15, 2015
If you can boot your phone. But i dont know of a pc version. It only seems to be ok to restore the recovery image or boot. But id be careful. Flashify started my problems

nfsmasterbabam

Sep 17, 2015
kingroot apk

So my wife purchased the One Touch Fierce 2 after her Fierce 1 soft bricked (there wasn't ANY support out there for a stock firmware or update.zip). This is a nice device: url url url url missing url

Can we come up with an official root process? I haven't tried the usual Framaroot or Towelroot because there isn't anything official to fall back on like an update.zip or something from Alcatel.

A method for rooting, bootloader unlock, and custom recovery would be awesome for this device.

Any suggestions??

kingroot apk works for alot of devices. my alcatel one touch evolve 2 and my cousins alcatel OT fierce rooted instantly. I reccomend this. my youtube is nfsmasterbabam. i have a totorial on rooting it and switching from kingroot to SuperSU (yes its weird to switch but thanks to wolfdr0id, it was possible.

Mi5sy_D

Nov 14, 2015
Tulsa
Alcatel One Touch Fierce 2 Root

I used Kingroot. So far it's worked. I followed and read a lot of different material regarding root of this phone. I did install it once before with no success. I uninstalled it, waited a few days and tried it again. It shows that my phone is rooted. I tried 4 or 5 root checkers to make sure they all gave me the same results. Hope this helps

TewSlo

May 15, 2015
Pawtucket
I used Kingroot. So far it's worked. I followed and read a lot of different material regarding root of this phone. I did install it once before with no success. I uninstalled it, waited a few days and tried it again. It shows that my phone is rooted. I tried 4 or 5 root checkers to make sure they all gave me the same results. Hope this helps
I do recommend swapping Kinguser for SuperSu, I have seen numerous compatibility issues with root applications in my own experience. The Kingroot team is doing an awesome job, but their Su app is still lacking nonetheless. There is a few ways to do this posted in the forums I recommend doing so and you will notice an increase in performance and compatibility!

rshemel

Nov 23, 2014
My Alcatel Fierce 2 (One Touch 7040n) Stucked on Boot...!!!

I have received an Alcatel Fierce 2 (One Touch 7040n) which seems to be bricked..... it stuck on boot LOGO....
But I can go to recovery mode....and also fastboot mode ( Bootloader mode )...... nothing else.......
I am asking to the Developer.....Editor......Senior......anyone who can fix it......... Please..... Help me...... I am really stucked at this.... I have this issue from a long time......
Any way to flash it....... may be through fastboot........or adb sideload...... any rom......any information plz...

admin.....sorry......plz.. move this post to the right thread....

[email protected]

Last edited:

CR9W4HX

Jan 16, 2016
able to find the method to repair the Alcatel OT fierce 2
step 1-
when you turn on and stay on the logo something precionar RECET the button several occasions is the one on the bottom into a hole
Step 2-
precionar after the Options button on the right three veses
step 3-
precionar home 5 veses
step 4-
pecionado stop button to return mast to change the boot logo at Metro PCS

ready so I worked my 7040n also with the recovery I have stock if they wish - CR0W4HX

DonPFunkRuSta

Jan 23, 2016
Alcatel One Touch Fierce 2 Root

Just got mine to root with no problem finally. Go to https: //www .kingoapp. com and download the windows pc version, make sure your phone is in charge only mode and have debugging enabled before you start the rooting process. Enjoy!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So my wife purchased the One Touch Fierce 2 after her Fierce 1 soft bricked (there wasn't ANY support out there for a stock firmware or update.zip). This is a nice device: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Alcatel-OneTouch-Fierce-2_id8868

Any suggestions??
    succes

I Finally rooted my alcatel Fierce 2 after a lot of failures.

I used KingRoot 4.1

It was getting stuck on 22% all the time so what I did was before it got stuck I press home button to minimize it and I relaunch the app and when it opened was at 56% and did not stop until root was successful.

I do not know if I was lucky but it worked.
    I hope this help.
    I'm willing to donate a test phone and money to a developer that wants to jump in on this. I'm not good enough to form an exploit
    help!!!!!!!! alcatel one touch fierce 2 7040N from metropcs

Please help I need to get passed the bootloader and at least root this Alcatel one touch fierce 2 7040N from metropcs running 4.4.2. There has to be viable method of doing this. I don't want to brick the only thing I have and I can't keep buying new phones just to put hour after hour into to try and find ways. This would be awsome is I could do this. So can anyone please help
    Hello good, I speak Spanish and translating it with google translator, I hope I understand, I need help since I have an alcatel 7040n totally dead, ie just turn on and do not pass the logo and try everything on the internet but I can not find it alone How to put it in Fastboot mode to install a rom and make the cache and erase data does not work. I also have the original recovery