Alcatel One Touch Pixi 4 - [GENERAL][ROOT][RECOVERY]

Search This thread

breversa

Mar 21, 2012
LG G4
Fairphone 2
I have an Alcatel Pixi 4 Power Plus and i want to install a custom rom, but i go to the thread and the roms that are there are not for my phone, the 5023f one, always 5010 or another model, 5010 is compatible with mine ? if so, i can assume that i can flash it

Best think to do is take a full backup using TWRP, try to flash and boot your ROM, and see what happens. If it works, you're good to go. And if not, reboot to TWRP, and restore your backup.

Reactions: ClaudioG123
Best think to do is take a full backup using TWRP, try to flash and boot your ROM, and see what happens. If it works, you're good to go. And if not, reboot to TWRP, and restore your backup.

Well, tried to roms from here with the 5010 / MKT6580, and he detects that is not the same model, there are no custom roms for this model 5023F? if not, i would like to see ways to increase performance not by much

breversa

Mar 21, 2012
LG G4
Fairphone 2
Well, those phones are entry-level ones that do not generate much interest, have mostly had only one, maybe two production runs, and almost no manufacturer support. That's why you won't find much ROMs or developments for them.

Mar 31, 2019
No recovery

So I flashed the rom stock file for the pixi 4034X using SDK but now i can't boot into recovery, the screen just flashes the alcatel logo, goes black and then does the same over and over again...help!?! D:

frankangelo28

Oct 22, 2019
manila
does twrp img is working without flashing any custom roms on rooted device?

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 AM ----------

same as you! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jaux1

Feb 5, 2018
hello again. not exist other roms? for pixie 5045a?

DISCLAIMER:
Rooting your phone and using custom Recoveries and ROM's have risks and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap I am not responsible if you brick/ruin your phone in any way.
Basic computer skills are required and minimal knowledge about the phone and phone utilities also.
Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.

ROMs

Be careful how you use these SPFT ROMs, they can sometimes cause more problems than solving because of model numbers.

SPFT ROMs- Pixi 4 (3.5) | Pixi 4 (4) 3G (4034G) | Pixi 4 (5) 3G (5010D) | [URL="https://yadi.sk/d/6Vpxfgpz3DgykH"]Pixi 4 (5) 4G (5045D)[/URL] | Pixi 4 (6) (8050G) (8050E) 8050D

TWRP Backups- Pixi 4 (3.5) | Pixi 4 (4) 3G | Pixi 4 (4.5) 4G | Pixi 4 (5) 3G (5010D) | Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (6)

Stock ROMs- Pixi 4 (3.5) | Pixi 4 (4) 3G | Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (5) 3G (5010G)| Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (6)

CyanogenMod 12.1- Pixi 4 (3.5) | Pixi 4 (6)

CyanogenMod 13- Pixi 4 (3.5) | Pixi 4 (4) 3G | Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (5) 3G, CM13v2*New Build* | Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (6)

AOSP - Pixi 4 (4) 3G | Pixi 4 (4.5) 4G | Pixi 4 (5) 3G | Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (6)

Resurrection Remix - Pixi 4 (4) 3G | Pixi 4 (4.5) 4G | Pixi 4 (5) 3G | Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (6)

Ported Stock ROMs - Pixi 4 (4) 3G | Pixi 4 (4.5) 4G | Pixi 4 (5) 3G | Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (6)

Mokee - Pixi 4 (4) 3G | Pixi 4 (4.5) 4G | Pixi 4 (5) 3G | Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (6)

Note: If you do not see your device highlighted, it means the ROM is not there......yet ;).

hey not exist another roms for 5045¿=

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

DISCLAIMER:
Rooting your phone and using custom Recoveries and ROM's have risks and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap I am not responsible if you brick/ruin your phone in any way.
Basic computer skills are required and minimal knowledge about the phone and phone utilities also.

BACKUP! BACKUP! BACKUP! ROM BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE

Requirements
  • You must be rooted.
  • You must have a custom recovery installed.
  • You must have experience flashing but if not, feel free to ask questions before flashing.

Features
  • Android Nougat with RR features
  • Stable

Not working
  • Let me know so I can update this

Bugs
  • Let me know so I can update this

Installation
  • Download : Yandex
  • Download Gapps from OpenGapps: http://opengapps.org/, choose ARM and Android 7.1.1
  • Boot to recovery
  • Wipe data/factory reset
  • Install rom then gapps
  • Reboot

Credits
SANYA445@4pda

the sound speaker not working the camera either

karimovic44

Jul 8, 2013
Morocco
OnePlus 6T
can u upload scatter rom for 5010G
I have one stuck in white screen

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

can u upload scatter rom for 5010G
I have one stuck in white screen

ImLuka

Jun 1, 2020
Hello! Your rom work great! But i have little question: how can i install Magisk? With bot image i get error...

Lloydster

Oct 14, 2019
Australia
Worked for Alcatel 4034A

ALCATEL 4034A, Alcatel Pixi 4 (4). TWRP available for most variants (not mine though) CTR-6.6 recovery worked great. Thankyou so much :good:

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

Hello! Your rom work great! But i have little question: how can i install Magisk? With bot image i get error...

When you open magisk manager, install the one thats not installed and press "select and patch file".
Choose the file download under "recovery" for your exact phone from the thread post, it will make a file. Copy that file to your laptop and then use that as your boot image in fastboot mode. :cool:

Last edited:

somnomania

May 11, 2017
I've got a Pixi 4 (4.5) 4060W, which I gather has a Qualcomm chipset instead of the one mentioned in this thread. I can't really find anything anywhere about how to root this model, although I've found a couple of things that claim to be able to root anything with a Qualcomm chipset. Are those considered safe, or should I pass?

I never got an answer to this question, is this model still unrootable? If that's the case then it really is a useless piece of crap; I bought it for $20 at Walmart, not knowing about locked vs unlocked phones, so I've never even been able to use it to make calls because I can't afford the three months of service time to get it unlocked. At this point I'd just like to root it so I can free up space with the built-in apps that I don't need, so it has room to update the apps I do use.

zebratango

Oct 3, 2020
OMG, 300 pages ..

can someone please tell me if this is possible:

- clone the current internal storage to an sd card
- rewire the boot process to only use the sd card

running on Android 6.0 now, don't really need another version or roms, just want to get rid of the memory warnings .. at least for now :)

popolux82

Dec 2, 2020
[QUOTE = "jaux1, post: 81347197, membro: 8916021"]
Ciao di nuovo. non esistono altre rom? per pixie 5045a?

hey non esistono altre rom per 5045¿ =

---------- Post aggiunto alle 23:12 ---------- Il post precedente era alle 23:10 ----------

anche l'altoparlante non funziona con la fotoca
hello again. not exist other roms? for pixie 5045a?

hey not exist another roms for 5045¿=

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

the sound speaker not working the camera either

Can this help you?

https://mega.nz/file/wg9TXLrJ#LXW6i_eaKdkG-EqcCLloxMJkL6KJJCy5PcIr7eJk4UM

######################################-=INFINITY-BOX=-
# General Setting
#
####################################-=CHINESE II MIRACLE=-
- general: MTK_PLATFORM_CFG
info:
- config_version: V1.1.2
platform: MT6735M
project: jhz6735m_35u_m
storage: EMMC
boot_channel: MSDC_0
block_size: 0x20000
###################################################################

popolux82

Dec 2, 2020
[QUOTE = "jaux1, post: 81347197, membro: 8916021"]
Ciao di nuovo. non esistono altre rom? per pixie 5045a?

hey non esistono altre rom per 5045¿ =

---------- Post aggiunto alle 23:12 ---------- Il post precedente era alle 23:10 ----------

anche l'altoparlante non funziona con la fotoca

Can this help you?

https://mega.nz/file/wg9TXLrJ#LXW6i_eaKdkG-EqcCLloxMJkL6KJJCy5PcIr7eJk4UM

######################################-=INFINITY-BOX=-
# General Setting
#
####################################-=CHINESE II MIRACLE=-
- general: MTK_PLATFORM_CFG
info:
- config_version: V1.1.2
platform: MT6735M
project: jhz6735m_35u_m
storage: EMMC
boot_channel: MSDC_0
block_size: 0x20000
###################################################################

when you load the scarter you will not see anything you have to go to location and give the directory of the file in the Rom folder that you have downloaded, start from "lk" if it gives you some eror ignore and go on you will see that it loads everything

LeoLoveMoonS2

Jul 12, 2021
Firstly and foremost this is a follow on from this thread and would likely not have happened if not for the helpful users there:
Alcatel One Touch Pixi 3 Official Thread [ROOT][RECOVERY][ROMS]

Here are the different phone variant specs: 3.5", 4", 6", 7" screen sizes: http://www.gsmarena.com/results.php3?sQuickSearch=yes&sName=alcatel+Pixi+4

All feature a Mediatek CPU and Android Marshmallow except the 3.5" which comes with Lollipop, and are more technically branded as a TCL phone (the current chinese owner of the Alcatel brand)

Root and custom recovery have been achieved on the 3.5" 4017x model, the recovery image is attached, note ADB does not work in recovery, but there is a file manager.

NOTE #1: PLEASE PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ROM USING EITHER A CUSTOM RECOVERY OR MIRACLE BOX TOOL BEFORE DOING ANYTHING TO YOUR DEVICE. IT ISN'T POSSIBLE FOR ME TO HAVE ALL THESE DEVICES WITH THEIR BACKUPS AVAILABLE WHEN YOU MESS UP!!

NOTE #2: While SPFT is not fully compatible with our device in the way we would want it, it does detect our scatter file and you can flash images etc. BUT DO NOT FORMAT YOUR DEVICE UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER. REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU SEE ON THE INTERNET DO NOT FORMAT YOUR DEVICE USING SPFT. IF YOU DO I WON'T BE SO WILLING TO HELP YOU.

NOTE #3: THERE SEEMS TO BE AN ISSUE WHEN UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER FOR THE 4034N AND 4034X MODELS OF THE PIXI 4 (4). Warning: Current Pixi 4 (4) 4034N will softbrick if you unlock the flash.
how i can install this recovery img?

elfigus

Oct 19, 2021
Hello guys, I have a problem and I hope someone can give me some tips

I have 13 smartphone Pixi 4 4034 that should be 4034x looking into the phone info, and I am not able to put a custom recovery on them.

I need a custom recovery in order to restore from SD my backup, and i was able to root and put a custom recovery on lots of Pixi 4 4034 Version , but not this version 4034X-2AALGBA-1, and all these 13 pixi 4 has this model label under the battery.

I' ve tried every recovery I was able to found on the internet, any combination with SP flash tool with stock scatter file + custom recovery only but I wasn't able to do anything.. any tips?

Thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For now this will be where I post info about the different models for the Pixi 4 devices and link them to their respective posts. This will be edited over time of course so stay tuned ;). Once I get a way to make a backup and be able to restore that backup I will add that here.

Alcatel OT Pixi 4-3.5 (4017)
    Root- Kingroot (PC or apk will work) or here
    Recovery- CTR 3.3
    ROMs- Here
    Mobile Upgrade Tool- Here

Alcatel OT Pixi 4-4 (4034) (3G MODEL)
    Root- phh's superuser | Chainfire's SuperSU
    Recovery- TWRP 3.x | CTR-6.6
    Kernel- Stock
    ROMs- Here

Alcatel OT Pixi 4 Plus Power (5023)
    Root- phh's superuser | Chainfire's SuperSU
    Recovery- Here
    ROMs- Here

Alcatel OT Pixi 4-5 (5045) (4G) MT6735
    Root- Here
    Recovery - CTR 6.6 | TWRP 3.0.2-0 | TWRP 3.0.3-0 thanks varior1719@4pda
    ROMs- Here

Alcatel OT Pixi 4-5 (5010) (3G MODEL)
    Root- phh's superuser | Chainfire's SuperSU | Modded SuperSU thanks @ZonaRMR
    Recovery- TWRP 3.x | CTR 6.6
    ROMs- Here
    Kernel- Stock

Alcatel OT Pixi 4-6 (8050)
    Root- Here
    ROMs- Here
    Recovery- CTR 5.7

Alcatel OT Pixi 4-7 3G (9003)
    Root- Here
    Recovery- Here
    ROMs- Here

Alcatel OT Pixi 4-7 Wifi (8063)
    Root- Here (don't forget to say thanks to @dashu42332
    Recovery-
    ROMs- Here

Useful Links
    Mediatek Preloader Drivers (Win 7/8/8.1)
    Mediatek Preloader Drivers Win 10 32 & 64 bit
    [TUTORIAL]How to setup SP_Flash_Tool_Linux (MTK/MediaTek Soc)
    ADB Driver
    ADB access anywhere on PC
    SP Flash Tool
    Pixi 4 device repos
    Flash with SPFT
    How to repair a boot loop issue (Pixi 4 5" 5010) thanks @gandul . Should be able to work for the Pixi 4 4" (4034), only change the recovery.
    Port MT6580(6.0.1) ROMs
    Create backup with SPFT

Credits
    All the devs and modders and contributors..too much to mention :)
    Firstly and foremost this is a follow on from this thread and would likely not have happened if not for the helpful users there:
    Alcatel One Touch Pixi 3 Official Thread [ROOT][RECOVERY][ROMS]

Here are the different phone variant specs: 3.5", 4", 6", 7" screen sizes: http://www.gsmarena.com/results.php3?sQuickSearch=yes&sName=alcatel+Pixi+4

All feature a Mediatek CPU and Android Marshmallow except the 3.5" which comes with Lollipop, and are more technically branded as a TCL phone (the current chinese owner of the Alcatel brand)

Root and custom recovery have been achieved on the 3.5" 4017x model, the recovery image is attached, note ADB does not work in recovery, but there is a file manager.

NOTE #1: PLEASE PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ROM USING EITHER A CUSTOM RECOVERY OR MIRACLE BOX TOOL BEFORE DOING ANYTHING TO YOUR DEVICE. IT ISN'T POSSIBLE FOR ME TO HAVE ALL THESE DEVICES WITH THEIR BACKUPS AVAILABLE WHEN YOU MESS UP!!

NOTE #2: While SPFT is not fully compatible with our device in the way we would want it, it does detect our scatter file and you can flash images etc. BUT DO NOT FORMAT YOUR DEVICE UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER. REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU SEE ON THE INTERNET DO NOT FORMAT YOUR DEVICE USING SPFT. IF YOU DO I WON'T BE SO WILLING TO HELP YOU.

NOTE #3: THERE SEEMS TO BE AN ISSUE WHEN UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER FOR THE 4034N AND 4034X MODELS OF THE PIXI 4 (4). Warning: Current Pixi 4 (4) 4034N will softbrick if you unlock the flash.
    Pixi 4 ROMs

DISCLAIMER:

ROMs

Be careful how you use these SPFT ROMs, they can sometimes cause more problems than solving because of model numbers.

SPFT ROMs- Pixi 4 (3.5) | Pixi 4 (4) 3G (4034G) | Pixi 4 (5) 3G (5010D) | [URL="https://yadi.sk/d/6Vpxfgpz3DgykH"]Pixi 4 (5) 4G (5045D)[/URL] | Pixi 4 (6) (8050G) (8050E) 8050D

TWRP Backups- Pixi 4 (3.5) | Pixi 4 (4) 3G | Pixi 4 (4.5) 4G | Pixi 4 (5) 3G (5010D) | Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (6)

Stock ROMs- Pixi 4 (3.5) | Pixi 4 (4) 3G | Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (5) 3G (5010G)| Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (6)

CyanogenMod 12.1- Pixi 4 (3.5) | Pixi 4 (6)

CyanogenMod 13- Pixi 4 (3.5) | Pixi 4 (4) 3G | Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (5) 3G, CM13v2*New Build* | Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (6)

AOSP - Pixi 4 (4) 3G | Pixi 4 (4.5) 4G | Pixi 4 (5) 3G | Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (6)

Resurrection Remix - Pixi 4 (4) 3G | Pixi 4 (4.5) 4G | Pixi 4 (5) 3G | Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (6)

Ported Stock ROMs - Pixi 4 (4) 3G | Pixi 4 (4.5) 4G | Pixi 4 (5) 3G | Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (6)

Mokee - Pixi 4 (4) 3G | Pixi 4 (4.5) 4G | Pixi 4 (5) 3G | Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (6)

Note: If you do not see your device highlighted, it means the ROM is not there......yet ;).
    Alcatel Pixi 4 (4)(5)(5.5)(6)Unlock Bootloader, Root & TWRP 3.0.2-0

DISCLAIMER:

Requirements
    • ADB/Fastboot drivers (Install system wide)
    • Backed up contacts, apps or any other personal information. I recommend Super Backup
    • Windows PC, not tested on Linux but should work too.
    • All files in the attachment below respective to your device. They are not flashable zips, extract them to get your files.
      TWRP Pixi 4 (6)- Here
      TWRP Pixi 4 (5)- Here

Unlocking Bootloader

- Power on device and boot into Android.
    - Connect the device to PC through cable.
    - Go to settings -> about phone -> hit 7-8 times on "build number", congrats, you're now a developer!
    - Go to settings -> developer options -> hit USB debugging and press OK on the popup window. If the connection is working, one more popup is going to appear asking you to allow the connection, Tick the box "always allow from this computer" and press OK.
    - Enable OEM unlocking also located in developer options.
    - Open the command prompt window and check if the device is working properly by typing "adb devices". The serial number of your device should appear, so everything is OK!
    - Now, boot into fastboot typing "adb reboot bootloader". The device is going to reboot and boot into fastboot mode, waiting for command.
    - For the bootloader to be unlocked, you have to type "fastboot oem unlock". A warning message regarding bootloader unlocking should appear on the device, waiting for an answer. Press the volume+ key and the bootloader is now unlocked! WARNING! ALL DATA ON THE DEVICE IS GONNA BE WIPED, so backup your files before.
    - Wait for the wiping of the device to be finished and then you're ready to install the twrp custom recovery!

Flashing TWRP 3.0.2-0

Specific Root for Pixi 4 Plus Power (5023)
    For the Pixi 4 Plus Power (5023), you cannot flash the recovery using the commands below, you have to first boot the recovery with fastboot boot twrp-3.0.3-0-5023.img. Then make a backup of ALL your partitions then you root with this SuperSU. After rooting, reboot to the system and install a root explorer and go to the system partition and remove this file "recovery-from-boot.p". Copy the TWRP recovery (see attached post) to your sdcard/external, install flashify and flash the twrp-3.0.3-0-5023.img to get permanent root.

- We must be in fastboot mode once again. You can either boot holding power button & vol down while the device is powered off, or type the command in the adb terminal "adb reboot-bootloader" while the device is connected to PC and is booted into Android.
    - Assuming that you are in fastboot mode and the device is connected to the PC, you open an adb terminal and type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img". Because fastboot is installed system wide you can open a command window from where ever the recovery.img is located and flash it.
    - Congrats! You now have your twrp custom recovery installed.
    - Now if you would like to make a FULL TWRP backup before rooting then kindly do so now, no turning back after this :silly: .

Rooting with phh's SuperUser

- Download the zip file from here and copy it your internal storage or external storage.
    - Reboot to TWRP recovery via vol up and power or typing "adb reboot recovery" in the command window.
    - Go to Install, then find where you placed the superuser.zip file, tap on it then swipe to flash it.
    - Reboot your device then install this app. Enjoy root :D

Credits

@jemmini for the TWRP for the Pixi 4 (4) (5) and stock recovery
    @phhusson for his superuser.zip
    @Didho) for testing this method and confirming it works.
    @Proenkel for testing the TWRP for the Pixi 4 (5)
    @jimmay12345 for testing the TWRP for the Pixi 4 (5) and stock recovery
    @DarkShadeX for testing for the Pixi 4 (6)
    @kevios12 for the modified TWRP for the Pixi 4 (6)
    @ziadmz99- testing the root and TWRP for the Pixi 4 Plus Power (5023).
    If I forgot anyone, send a PM so I can add them here.
    [GUIDE] Root Alcatel OneTouch Pixi 4 (5'') 5045x

So here's the steps I used to root the Alcatel OneTouch Pixi 4 (5'') 5045x

Needed:
    MT6735M_Android_scatter.txt - attached
    CTR 6.6 Recovery - attached
    ChainFire SuperSU - attached
    SmartPhone Flash Tool - http://spflashtool.com/

Steps:

0) Copy "SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031.zip" on your SD card for later flashing

1) Start SP Flash Tool and on "Scatter-loading File" select the MT6735M_Android_scatter.txt you downloaded from here
    2) White and green lines should appear, control that everything is unticked and tick only the "recovery" line
    3) In the "Location" column of the "recovery" line choose "ctr-6.6-5045D-new.img" file. It's INSIDE the zip file here attached, don't flash zip directly!
    4) Press "Download" button
    5) Turn off your phone, pull off the battery and connect it to the PC USB port
    6) Phone should be detected by SPFT, the line at the bottom should become red first and then yellow and in the end a green circle should appear
    7) Now recovery should be flashed! Turn on phone on recovery mode (Power button + Volume UP)
    8) Flash Chainfire SuperSU either using ADB sideload or from SD
    9) REBOOT

Now you should be rooted! :fingers-crossed:

Kirito, let me know if something is wrong in this guide. Thanks again for your help! :good: