Alcatel OT-995 a.k.a Ultra or Sapphire HD

Search This thread

djtreo

Dec 30, 2011
Just posting this if there's some custom rom development for this specific phone.

Thanks

edit: I would like to thank user aleksandar.1 for the pm.

here it goes:

aleksandar.1 said:
Hi,
djtreo, i have a request to you...

You started the thread for Alcatel 995 and the first post is yours, can u edit it and add two links to it, please? :D

the links are :
1. Link to all roms and stuff for the 995 http://goo.gl/SDOQR
2. Rom comparison matrix http://goo.gl/532ZP

Hope this is not to much to ask from u,

Thanks in advance,
Aleksandar

Thanks again aleks! ;)

Last edited:

whigga

Apr 7, 2009
Haven't come across any yet.

+1

This is really a great device. Amazing price-quality ratio. I just bought one as a second phone and I'm very happy with it.
Performance is comparable to Samsung Galaxy S+ but with a nice 4.3 screen.
And Alcatel has promised an ICS update so fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 690sid

djtreo

Dec 30, 2011
@ whigga: yeah, it's really a great device with such cheap price. it's a steal!

hopefully devs can look into this phone. it's something like LG Optimus X2 of some sort.

mattBLK

Dec 1, 2010
Manila
Available here now for $280 :D

I really like the 4.3" over my 4.1" phones,

Strange they made no 850MHz 3G units for countries that have the stronger frequency like Australia, USA, Thailand, China etc... for those that dont know 850MHz can penetrate into buildings to allow better indoor reception.

Last edited:

markvann

Feb 8, 2012
Heerenveen
Heey guys!
I just bought this phone 2 days ago, after my Galaxy Gio died 1,5 week ago.
I'm very happy to hear there are more satisfied users of the OT-995 who want a custom rom and XDA thread :)
Let's hope a good developer will also get this beautifull device! :D

By the way: does someone know a good way to root the Alcatel OT-995?

Last edited:

djtreo

Dec 30, 2011
@ markvann: that remains the question. I still got an unrooted OT-995. tried those rooting procs, nothing works atm.

petalotis

May 4, 2012
I would ask the people who bought this device if in fact ram is 512 mb ? and not like xperia neo v which is 380 mb

ps.+1 for development of this device

thank you

Last edited:

markvann

Feb 8, 2012
Heerenveen
I would ask the people who bought this device if in fact ram is 512 mb ? and not like xperia neo v which is 380 mb

ps.+1 for development of this device

thank you

Hello Petalotis!
I just looked, and it seems there is not 512mb ram. It's exactly the same as it is with Xperia Neo V I guess, because my telephone says there's something like 370 mb ram. Normally I'm a heavy device user (except for my last one, the Galaxy Gio), but I have to say this smartphone can handle all the apps I want. I'm really happy with it, and on Quadrant Standard benchmark it even scores better than Galaxy Nexus :D (and on Antutu they have around the same amount of points). So I hope you don't get fooled by the 'not-so-high' amount of ram, and that you can participate in searching for OT-995 root methodes and ROMs!

Sent from my ALCATEL One Touch 995 using XDA

Reactions: InTeRdIcT27

Mordep

Sep 27, 2007
Porto
I want to buy a new Android phone and this one catch my attention, i have a ZTE Blade and want to upgrade :) .

The launch of this phone in my country (Portugal) will be in 7 of May with the name of "Optimus Madrid" and the price maybe would be €229,90, i was searching here if anyone begun to developing custom roms to him, will be an asset.

+1 for development of this device ;)

Last edited:

petalotis

May 4, 2012
also I would ask the people who bought this device if they try to connect mouse or keyboard in mini usb gate ?

already seen a guide to do this in galaxy s (in this forum). Hub must accept external power because there isnt enough power in mini usb

is it possible that this works ? can you try to connect keyboard and mouse in hub or a usb flash

i would appreciate that

thank you very much

Last edited:

rikaap1

May 6, 2012
I also have the alcatel ot-995.
I''ve tried things like superonclick and z4root.
Is there any possible way to root my phone or do I just have to wait for a new rooting way.

djtreo

Dec 30, 2011
Just like to bump on this thread again.

To Devs: Hopefully someone out there who has the heart to develop a ROM for this nice phone would be love by all who bought this amazing price-to-performance phone. ;)

Reactions: Yeasis

whigga

Apr 7, 2009
Hello ppl!
Please, some wone knows can make video calls using a 3g network wiht this device (OT 995)? In my case, i have a portuguese network (optimus)
by

This phone is perfectly capable of making 3g video calls. At least it works in Holland, where I live. Do realize that this functionality also depends on your network provider if they allow it.

vladmir

May 6, 2012
Porto
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
This phone is perfectly capable of making 3g video calls. At least it works in Holland, where I live. Do realize that this functionality also depends on your network provider if they allow it.[/QUOT]

I have a plan that includes for free the video calss!!!! i tink is a bad police from the network providers!!!
I have the phone and i'm please... only cost me 179€!!! I realy hope someone find away do a root and make possible news firmwares!
the software install in the phone are quiat poor, don´t match the hardware!!!

whigga

Apr 7, 2009
the software install in the phone are quiat poor, don´t match the hardware!!!

Yeah, you're right! Software implementation is defenitely not as good as the hardware should allow it to be. Processor and ram are more than capable, but still there is lag where similar speced phones have none. Hopefully the promised ICS upgrade will fix this or otherwise hoping for some good 'ol custom rom development. ;)

techlux

Feb 19, 2011
OT995 Potentials

I'm a freak of speed for low cost and the alcatel OT995 will definetly be
my next one!

Hopefully does developers see the potentials of this low budget device,
and make a masterpiece ready to challenge with high-end non-price-quality
phones!

I keep fingers crossed, once a project gets started, I buy one !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, here you go, an ICS backup flashable using CWM - works on any bootloader version.

1. Flash or boot CWM
    2. Backup your existing firmware (important)
    3. Download: CWM-flashable ICS FR
    4. Store the alcatel_ics_fr directory on SD as /clockworkmod/backup/alcatel_ics_fr/
    5. Use CWM's backup and restore -> restore -> alcatel_ics_fr to restore the image
    6. Choose data/factory reset to clear your data partition

Edit: the old warning about WiFi nvram is not an issue.

Rooting hint: the zip also contains boot_root.img, boot it using fastboot (fastboot boot boot_root.img) to get an easy adb root shell.

Many thanks to Lymnoreia for the clean backup.
    So Scrolling Issue fixed? M confused thanx all efforts ı hope battery life fixed too

Everything is fixed.
    ICS+ V1.3:

CHANGELOG:
    removed gallery and added quickpic (faster and has .MOV support)
    removed shutdown in reboot menu (does'nt belong there)
    removed Google now and added stock quick search bar
    removed JB voice search and added ICS voice search
    added lots of languages:
    Amharic
    Bahasa Indonesia
    Cestina
    Dansk
    Hrvatski
    Latviesu
    Lietuviu
    Malay
    Norsk bokmal
    Polski
    Romana
    Slovencina
    Suomi
    Svenska
    Swahili
    Tagalog
    Tieng Viet
    Zulu
    Russian
    Greek
    Serbian
    Several others

INSTALL NOTES:
    - copy the zip to sdcard
    - boot cwm V6 (get it HERE)
    - flash the .zip

- once rebooted remember that this rom is stripped down to the MAX
    - there is no bootanimation // u will see the black blinking android screen (that is not a bootloop)
    - just wait for 2 minutes

DOWNLOAD:
    ICS+V1.3_GBloader.zip - 164.50 MB
    ICS+V1.3_ICSloader.zip - 164.50 MB

CREDITS:
    - H1N1 team for a few files and kernel
    - Iuss for the recovery

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
    - Dont install Seeder.apk // it already runs on boot via init.d
    - while installing the rom it flashes cwm to make sure it's not rebooting into stock recovery when u choose reboot recovery
    - in trebuchet launcher orientation is disabled by default // u can enable it at trebuchet menu
    After some silence, I'm here to give you something, guys. Jinxxed did it, again. A brand new build of CM-11.0, fresh from the oven, with his own kernel (version was stuck at 3.0.101 for some reason, but it is actually 3.5, contains updated drivers, no more outdated legacy stuff), reworked most of the stuff, etc.

Pretty good scores on Antutu (6321 on first try).

Download:
    CM11 | Mirror
    GApps | Mirror

Please note that this is still in Alpha, and a lot of changes will come in the future. If you find any bugs, please report!
    H1N1 Reloaded ROM with Kernel V3 (for ICS/GB bootloader)

H1N1 ROM official topic - everywhere inside!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    H1N1 Reloaded ROM & Kernel V3 released (with Aroma™ installer*)
    *if you updated your phone to ICS with OTU, you have ICS bootloader, follow Aroma™ installer instructions

H1N1 Reloaded changelog:

- corrected symlinks inside boot.img
    - added crt off animation
    - fully deodexed & merged & optimized apks for the optimized speed & better stability
    - removed bloatware stuff
    - custpack is only functioning for storing gapps
    - prerooted

Kernel V3 changelog:

- boot with stock 1,4GHz but able to up to 1,8GHz at your own risk!
    - AXI/GPU OC removed because of battery/overheat problems
    - voltage table revised/optimalisations (UV for more battery life)
    - ArmV7 kernel optimalisations
    - added zRam (continously 100-180MB free RAM)
    - Audio buffer set to 64k instead default 16k (no more crackling)
    - removed unnecessary kernel moduls (for debug)
    - added governors: SmartassV2 / Smartass / interactiveX / Lagfree
    - added new I/O schedulers: SIO / VR
    - touch optimalisation (Smoothness...)

Installation instructions:

1., Download CWM recovery and ROM file from here: http://d-h.st/users/heimdallr75
    2., Copy H1N1_reloaded_aroma.zip to SDcard
    3.a, Reboot phone to CWM recovery (turn on phone in fastboot mode - power on+volume down + connect USB cable - then in command prompt run fastboot boot recovery_machfix-2012.06.09.img )
    3.b, If you dont like push buttons, type to command prompt, simply download this package, extract it then connect USB cable to phone and run recovery.bat
    4., MAKE BACKUP if needed.
    5., run Wipe data/factory reset
    6., under advanced run Wipe dalvik-cache
    7., Install zip from sd card menu then select H1N1_reloaded_aroma.zip and follow instructions

No mirrors allowed, and please, post your build.prop mods/file delete lists instead more hipertweaked versions and everyone able to modify own system! All credits to bagyusz & Heimdallr75 & qltsar (from pH!). :highfive: