• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Alexa on the Samsung Galaxy Watch

Search This thread

meo

Jun 29, 2006
Freiburg, Germany

dmehers

Mar 22, 2011
Near Geneva
damian.fyi
Voice in a Can creator here: happy to answer any questions

Hi,

I'm the creator of Voice in a Can ... originally just for the Apple Watch and now also for Samsung Watches running Tizen 4+ . If anyone has any questions, either technical about the implementation, or about the app's capabilities please fire away.

Damian

Last edited:

meo

Jun 29, 2006
Freiburg, Germany
thank you

@dmehers thanks for your graet app:

first wish :) :
can you place on the front the battary status ?
can you make a widget ?

For use i put the program on the double klick
-> settings - extended - home

Last edited:

dmehers

Mar 22, 2011
Near Geneva
damian.fyi
@dmehers thanks for your graet app:

first wish :) :
can you place on the front the battary status ?
can you make a widget ?

For use i put the program on the double klick
-> settings - extended - home

Re the battery status what do you mean?

Re the Widget - I did think of that but I wasn't sure what value it would add ... you mean to more easily launch it?

What I *really* want to do is create a Tizen 5.0 complication so that people can place the launcher on their watchfaces ... hope Tizen 5 devices come out soon!

Reactions: meo

dmehers

Mar 22, 2011
Near Geneva
damian.fyi

Thanks! If you have a moment to leave a review in the Galaxy Apps store I'd really appreciate it!

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

anyway we will have this for google assistant too?

My reading of the Google Assitant terms of service is that it is for new hardware devices only, but I'd love to be told I'm wrong, since I'm pretty sure I've done a lot of the hard work with the low-level audio and http/2 connections already.

Damian

Gster09

Feb 26, 2011
Registration

Hello. Just bought the app from the GalaxyApps Store. However, every time I launch it from the watch, it gives me a new registration code. I enter it, I get the message saying it was successful and my registration is now complete. Then it happens all over again. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: OK, it seems to be fine now. On the 9th or 10th try, it stayed registered. I don't think I changed anything from one instance to another, so I couldn't tell you what caused the different outcome.

Last edited:

devakk

Jul 26, 2015
Standalone Alexa on the Samsung Galaxy Watch:
it's live : Click this link on your phone or search for Voice in a Can in Galaxy Apps http://apps.samsung.com/gear/appDetail.as?appId=com.atadore.VoiceInACan.Wearable
Info: https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatc...s_for_voice_in_a_can/?st=JQSQ5R4I&sh=79fde457

or with Phone use: Amazon Alexa on Samsung Gear/Galaxy Watch (Alexa Gear) - Beta thread
https://forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/gear-s3/amazon-alexa-samsung-gear-galaxy-watch-t3854747

I can't find the app in Galaxy App Store.

dmehers

Mar 22, 2011
Near Geneva
damian.fyi

Hi,

Which phone and watch do you have? I know it does not show up in the iPhone Galaxy Apps because they do not list paid apps there . :(

If you have an S3 or Sport can you verify that you have the Tizen 4.0 update applied?

Also could you let me know what country you are in, and what country your account is registered to? I've enabled it for everywhere except China, but I've had someone from Costa Rica that was not able to find it either.

I'm still trying to find my way around the Samsung store.

Regards,
Damian

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

I can't find the app in Galaxy App Store.

Hi I replied below to someone with the same issue ... can you take a look. Thanks.

fach1708

Oct 25, 2010
Hi, am using an S8 on Pie and S3 sport.
Looks like watch is still on 3.0, with no update available. Registered in UK, and used in UK

dmehers

Mar 22, 2011
Near Geneva
damian.fyi
Is Alexa or your app able to write and send messages using voice recognition ? It's a pain with "period" and punctuation signs in S-Voice ...

Which languages are supported ?

Thanks for your work anyway.

AFAIK you can't use Alexa to write and send voice messages ... the app doesn't "know" anything about your Watch or Phone ... it just provides Alexa functionality (general questions, home device control etc.). It should support any language that Alexa supports .. the language it uses depends on the Amazon account you use to sign up. Definitely English, German and Itialian .... but all should work (if Amazon Alexa supports them).

Reactions: Wendigogo

mastaofdacat

Feb 3, 2012
I love it ! Are you able change the voice output on app ? I.E. Different voices ? The current sometimes is a little low and hard to understand. Thank you and amazing job !

Top Liked Posts