• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

How To Guide Alioth ARB Anti Rollback error in MiFlash

Search This thread

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
I was on 12.0.3 and I flashed crDroid 5/9 and it worked but when I tried to update to crDroid 5/26 build from Recovery ->adb install my device bricked (EDL MODE). What could be the reason for it ?

I bought the phone from Amazon Spain , would it be a global or EEA region ?

Thanks in advance.

You better ask at the custom Rom thread or at the TWRP thread or open a new thread. ARB only involve MIUI. Your first question is irrelevant to this thread.

As for the region, you can check with the MIUI thread:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/miui-updates-tracker-poco-f3-mi-11x-redmi-k40-alioth.4263137/

Having MIUI on 12.0.3 is only India, Global, Indonesia and Russia.

Maybe Global, but I don't know.

Since unlocked bootloader, phones can flash different region Roms, so don't know what it is to be on 12.0.3.0.

Some hints may be on the box that came with it.

Reactions: aravreddy2231

GabiML

May 9, 2017
My phone cannot pass super img, what to do?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    16.7 KB · Views: 57

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: i'm really not sure about the correctness of this now. I'll leave the thread up as a sort of guide, but you'll need to do your own checks on ARB. Sorry, i read a couple of threads and thought i had it clear, but now i am not so sure...!

[Alioth, my device: Poco F3] Just writing this in case anyone else faces issues with ARB (anti rollback) while using MiFlash...
    I was using a xiaomiEU rom later than the stock backup rom i downloaded which threw an ARB error in MiFlash Tool.

So i checked the ARB status using fastboot cmd 'fastboot getvar anti' which results with 'anti: 1'.

As far as i have found: anti:1,2 or 3 means that anti roll back is not active, it's safe to roll back. 4,5 and ARB is activated (if 4 or 5 are/become active from flashing roms since the time of this post, DO NOT FLASH downgrade rom).

Contained within the extracted rom folder are .bat files that correspond to each action you select in MiFlash (clean all etc in bottom right corner). Simply rename the associated bat file to the action you want to .txt at the end, instead of .bat ie flash_all.bat becomes flash_all.txt and open with notepad

Then delete all text at or near the top with reference to ARB/Anti etc. DO NOT DELETE any fastboot lines. Save and exit.

Rename the file back to .bat

Run MiFlash now without error. BUT, i MUST reiterate. CHECK YOUR ARB status BEFORE, as per opening of this post. If it's 4 or 5 DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ROLL BACK versions.

Many thanks to @pl1992aw for the additional info... taken from post below, i stand corrected;
    It doesn't mean "anti:1,2 or 3 means that anti roll back is not active"

If your current Rom is anti 2,

1) you can flash Rom with anti: 3, 4, 5, 6... etc. and the anti will become 3, 4, 5, 6... etc.

2) you can flash Rom with anti: 2, and the anti will remain anti 2.

3) you CANNOT flash Rom with anti 1.

Source:

https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-anti-rollback-protection-brick-phone/
    and also;
    If anti roll back index is 0, that means no anti roll back at all of that Rom, it will not check or change your device ARB index.

Make sure you look at the index correctly. I don't own poco F3 or Mi11x or redmi K40. You have to double check it yourself. You are the one decide to flash.

I would like to also add: those lines in the .bat file are there for a reason, they should prevent bricked devices by preventing wrong flashing. Edit at your own risk!!

ARB.PNG
    [Alioth, my device: Poco F3] Just writing this in case anyone else faces issues with ARB (anti rollback) while using MiFlash...
    I was using a xiaomiEU rom later than the stock backup rom i downloaded which threw an ARB error in MiFlash Tool.

So i checked the ARB status using fastboot cmd 'fastboot getvar anti' which results with 'anti: 1'.

As far as i have found: anti:1,2 or 3 means that anti roll back is not active, it's safe to roll back. 4,5 and ARB is activated (if 4 or 5 are/become active from flashing roms since the time of this post, DO NOT FLASH downgrade rom).

Contained within the extracted rom folder are .bat files that correspond to each action you select in MiFlash (clean all etc in bottom right corner). Simply rename the associated bat file to the action you want to .txt at the end, instead of .bat ie flash_all.bat becomes flash_all.txt and open with notepad

Then delete all text at or near the top with reference to ARB/Anti etc. DO NOT DELETE any fastboot lines. Save and exit.

Rename the file back to .bat

Run MiFlash now without error. BUT, i MUST reiterate. CHECK YOUR ARB status BEFORE, as per opening of this post. If it's 4 or 5 DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ROLL BACK versions

View attachment 5323869

1621173751162-png.5311083

It doesn't mean "anti:1,2 or 3 means that anti roll back is not active"

If your current Rom is anti 2,

1) you can flash Rom with anti: 3, 4, 5, 6... etc. and the anti will become 3, 4, 5, 6... etc.

2) you can flash Rom with anti: 2, and the anti will remain anti 2.

3) you CANNOT flash Rom with anti 1.

Source:
    https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-anti-rollback-protection-brick-phone/
    thanx for the info.. Since i am not sure and ur not sure either i am thinking to remove those lines altogether. will there be any problem if i flash the ROM without those lines?
    You have to ask @reg66 because he is the one said to remove those lines, I don't know.

In my opinion, since the newest version for your device now is 12.5.1.0, you don't need to remove those line. Make sure you use the Rom of your region/country, if not, make sure you don't lock your bootloader.
    What if ARB gets activated ?
    The script stops and the fastboot commands in it don't get executed and you start scratching your head why that is.
    i got this error while flashing stock rom MIUI 12.5.1. after that the device rebooted and entered setup. everything seems. i am worried some part might have been missed. can you help @reg66 ? pls
    that error is normal, it's just saying 'flash and lock' has not been executed, so flags up an error.

the flash went fine though.