All about Acer Iconia One 7 - B1-730HD (Q&A, TROUBLESHOOTING, ROOT, HELP)

Search This thread

p3DRu

May 5, 2014
Porto
Acer Iconia One 7 B1-730HD
tablet.jpg

1.jpg

Full dump from device Android 4.4.2
boot.img
fastboot.img
recovery.img
system.img.gz
OTA Update (Android 4.2 to 4.4)

Download - Acer B1-730HD Repair Tool 1.0
This flash all system dump (Android 4.4) with ROOT
Place the tablet as when it came from the Store, but with ROOT

Work only on Windows 7/8/8.1

Download Intel Tweaker (beta version)
This is beta release for test, need root access and busybox installed on device! This is an app with good optimizations for Intel based devices to get better performance, battery life, e.t.c... Please leave us your comment and what you would like be included in the next version.
Here you got a short video showing you some differences.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbbrT6J-0ts&feature=youtu.be

Thank you for Donation, here are the links:

Donate to p3DRu & vampire74

Donate to SDC

You are welcome to put the Q&A and troubleshooting
Thanks to: p3DRu - vampir74 - social-design-concepts
www.android-tech.rocks

Last edited:

Elect_t

Mar 28, 2014
No boot

Hello,
I've a B1-730HD with Intel.
It doesn't boot.
If I connect it to charger or try to press Power button it only flashes the USB logo with the white bar for about 1/2 second.
If I connect it to USB port it will show up the same USB logo but after a while the bar changes to red.
If I try to press Power button + volume up, it freezes with Intel inside logo.
It must got some software problem as it was only updating apps from playstore but I think it run out of storage.
I'm now downloading the firmware from acer website but I'm sure as I can't open the android reset menu I'll not be able to load the firmware from mSD.
So I'm hopping the V1.0 or 2.1 Acer B1-730HD Repair Tool can help, but I'm not being able to download it from anyware.
Can you provide a new link and comment some procedure to correct recover the firmware?
Regards.

pcwizzy37

pcwizzy37

Are you home yet? 😥 I tried looking for repair tool but all links are dead, tried temporary recovery from here and it keeps saying DEVICE STATUS: UNKNOWN. It's stuck to intel inside logo and does nothing else, no acer logo, no recovery. I need any possible method to repair, be it safe or not, it cannot get much worse than this. I really want to use this tablet again because of a x86 cpu.
It might also help if you have a flash.xml or flash.json of any intel device (I cannot even find those), then I could maybe make my own...
I don't even have a motor in my truck yet to go home, resealing and putting a lower miles one in it at a friend's house in another town. Did you try to do this in Linux yet? Almost always will work. What does lsusb say? If you are in Windows and refuse to use Linux, what does Device Manager pick up? I did forget to check last time I was at my house though, sorry about that.

Attachments

• IMG_20211031_052751378.jpg
    IMG_20211031_052751378.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 16

pcwizzy37

I'm not very familiar with linux but I quickly booted up linux mint in virtualbox and the tablet shows up for about 3 seconds as "Intel Corp. CLOVERVIEW", from when I plug it in until intel inside logo shows up (similar behavior to what happens in intel platform flash tool on windows). But now I have no idea what to do next. Thank you for your help, I will be patient no matter how long it takes.
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png
Here is a folder with the files you should need. I compressed it with .tar.xz so you will have to use 7-zip to uncompress on Windows.

victoriordachi

Aug 3, 2014
Constanta
You can't get to recovery with the power and volume buttons? Might have to use the serial console insjde to access it. Very small pads need soldered to.
A new update. I just succesfully flashed latest kitkat firmware with Intel phone flash tool but tablet still not boots. It's stuck at usb icon with a white bar. Still can't acces recovery and droidboot mode.

nullinject

Dec 9, 2022
You can't get to recovery with the power and volume buttons? Might have to use the serial console insjde to access it. Very small pads need soldered to.
Hi. I'm having the same problem where I can't boot into recovery using the button combination. Can you please explain a little bit more about the small pads inside the Tablet? I would love to see a picture just so I can know where it is located and what I should do in order to access recovery. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Acer Iconia One 7 B1-730HD
    tablet.jpg

1.jpg

Full dump from device Android 4.4.2
    boot.img
    fastboot.img
    recovery.img
    system.img.gz
    OTA Update (Android 4.2 to 4.4)

Download - Acer B1-730HD Repair Tool 1.0
    This flash all system dump (Android 4.4) with ROOT
    Place the tablet as when it came from the Store, but with ROOT

Work only on Windows 7/8/8.1

Download Intel Tweaker (beta version)
    This is beta release for test, need root access and busybox installed on device! This is an app with good optimizations for Intel based devices to get better performance, battery life, e.t.c... Please leave us your comment and what you would like be included in the next version.
    Here you got a short video showing you some differences.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbbrT6J-0ts&feature=youtu.be

Thank you for Donation, here are the links:

Donate to p3DRu & vampire74

Donate to SDC

You are welcome to put the Q&A and troubleshooting
    Thanks to: p3DRu - vampir74 - social-design-concepts
    www.android-tech.rocks
    Today I had some time and I decided to create a small application for a screenshot. Always makes me annoyed press power and vol + and etc., to make a screenshot, because I made an application that make screensot when shaking up&down the device, and when I want a screenshot simple just shaking ;). Maybe someone will be needed so I decided to share it.*

Application to work need android 4.0+, ROOT and BUSYBOX!!!
    Screenshot will be saved on /sdcard/Shakeshot .
    For all questions, download and others stuff please contact me and follow on www.android-tech.rocks thanks.

Sent from my B1-730HD
    Acer B1-730HD Repair Tool v2.0
    Name: Acer B1-730HD Repair Tool
    Version: 2.0
    Size: 1,68Gb
    Working on: B1-730HD 8Gb, B1-730HD 16Gb

This tool is tested with Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1. It fix all HD B1-730 versions.
    We need to say this project give a lot of work to us, we are only two (p3DRu & Vampir74)
    if you wanna say thanks to us please donate, cause we wanna keep working more on this devices.
    Donate Here

Some images:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

This tool is for devices not working good, not booting, need root, yes when you fix your device with this tool you got JB 4.2 or KK 4.4 systems working rooted with SuperSU.
    Attention: Please read on tool all the information you need to use it, we put "How to..." buttons to all options, first read, than use it! Anyway if you need us support you can directly contact us HERE, In some cases we can do remote access to help better if you need.
    I don't wanna see here only questions, please don't forget to say THANKS!

Download here
    3g dongles / umts modem / internet surfsticks.... Work!! USB OTG (directly!)

after some failed attempts with ppp widget 2, involving different 3g dongles and a powered hub i finally got 3g working!

i used PPP WIDGET 1 with the classic 3g dongle: an old Huawei E160, and a newer model : E173u
    (most newer Huawei should work too! ) no hub was needed!

the Huawei modems have a built in emulated driver cd for Windows and that's why the need additional software to be switched from cd mode to modem mode, our tablet / Android however doesn't recognize the cd filesystem and says "damaged usb storage"... which is no problem, it's normal!

the automatic recognition of the new ppp widget 2 failed, but the older widget 1 has a manual mode: select manually choose device!

how to set up ppp widget 1 on B1-730hd :

1. get ppp widget1 from playstore (free)
    2. put the widget on a startscreen (necessary before plugging the dongle!)
    3. plug the modem in... wait for the "damaged usb storage notification"
    4. the system asks which app to use as a standard.... select ppp widget1
    5. disconnect device
    6. go to configuration button (of widget)
    7. enter apn, username & password
    7b. depending on your sim & carrier : enter pin code if you use that and enter ip and port of needed (if it failes to connect with "connect script error" you need it) (i had also to enter ip adress : port to get it running)
    8. select manual device selection (tap on icon mode)
    9. close settings and plug in device
    10. tap on the icon (left ppp symbol on the widget) and chose your modem: Huawei xyz...
    11. see if the status led changes blinking color (from green to blue) = pin unlocked, network ready
    12. the connect button is not longer greyed out... click it.... and wait

if the led stops blinking dark blue and turns light blue (permanently) you made it!
    if not : open configuration and see LOG, most likely your apn, name, pwd, ip etc are wrong....

have fun with direct access to 3g on the tablet - no need to wifi or Bluetooth tether anymore if you own am old Huawei E160 (more modems should work, but i haven't tried) (no powered hub needed, but use one of you want to save battery...)
    working devices :

Huawei E173u (7Mbit max., Dual antennas, balanced against interferences) i recommend this, good signal and fast...
    Huawei E160, (3,6Mbit, single antenna and sometimes bad signal) use it if you own one, but buy the E173u instead (signal boost, interference minimization, good signal)
    calm down people, we don't need this to live or make money... but sometimes we need some help to help, Happy 2015 to everybody!
    Very thanks to @vampir74 & @social-design-concepts, happy new year to you guys!