ALL ABOUT Android 7.0 FOR S7 & S7 EDGE

Search This thread
wifi calling option Not there. And also not in Phone advanced setting (where EE online help page says it will be)

Will give EE tech support a call when they open at 8am

EE tech support said my account was not provisioned and enabled it. Still cant see the setting (after several reboots)

Did i read somewhere theres a 24 hour delay between provisioning and the option showing up ?

coto39

Aug 6, 2011
Tandil
EE tech support said my account was not provisioned and enabled it. Still cant see the setting (after several reboots)

Did i read somewhere theres a 24 hour delay between provisioning and the option showing up ?
VoLTE on BTU was the main topic of 3m posts already but no one seem to know how to search about it... Samsung explicitly said during the beta test that VoLTE won't work in roms with the BTU csc as is a setting that is carrier dependant. It worked only for the first N beta and then they disabled the support for said csc.
If you want to use VoLTE then you need to change your csc to one that has support for it (ex. the one from one of the carrier branded roms like the EE one for UK, or the csc of another country like DBT). Changing the csc factory resets your phone so make a backup.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

andiling

Dec 26, 2008
@coto39: Thanks for update... however, I'm wondering why it works in other countries.
DBT is the unbranded version for Germany and VoLTE is there carrier dependant, too, yet it works.
@dezborders: There's no Nougat for EE yet (CSC EVR) thus you can just try to flash the BTU Nougat mixed with EVR-CSC Marshmallow.
(In theory, I don't know if VoLTE was included in the latest EE Rom)

@dezborders: There's no Nougat for EE yet (CSC EVR) thus you can just try to flash the BTU Nougat mixed with EVR-CSC Marshmallow.

Thanks ... just finished talking to EE tech support

They say their computers show my account provisioned for WiFi calling but that further down the account details the system shows "IMS over LTE not supported for customers device"

So is this because BTU Nougat does not currently support VoLTE (but another user on this forum says it works for him on EE / BTU Nougat)

Or is it because my S7E was originally on XEU and i switched to BTU CSC via Odin

I am willing to change (CSC) to EE firmware if required but only once EE release Nougat. (EE are the last of the main UK Networks still on MM)

Last edited:

andiling

Dec 26, 2008
That may be a question EE can answer best if you catch someone knowing this. My guess is that they check your IMEI (which is submitted while you log on their network) against a whitelist and make the feature available or not (since it seems they require handsets bought from them as per this link).

That may be a question EE can answer best if you catch someone knowing this. My guess is that they check your IMEI (which is submitted while you log on their network) against a whitelist and make the feature available or not (since it seems they require handsets bought from them as per this link).

Thats possible (handset must be supplied by EE) however 1000s of customers in UK will have signed up for an EE contract S7/S7E via Carphone Warehouse ... who only supply BTU and XEU handsets in UK

The link ypu posted specifically talks aboit VoLTE not Wi-Fi calling and user @iridaki said a few pages back that WiFi calling works ok for him on BTU and EE

WiFi calling works fine on BTU, unlike VoLTE.
@iridaki can you clarify was your handset originally BTU XEU or EVR when new and did it come directly from EE or from an independent like CPW? Cheers

Last edited:

Painman1963

Mar 14, 2012
Bristol
I just checked the customer.xml of the Nougat XEU and BTU and VoiceoverWIFI is enabled in both for EE and EE/T-Mobile.
I can confirm that I have VoLTE working with the latest BTU CSC on the 3 network. However, there is nowhere to switch it off so if you don't want to use it, bad luck

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Woohoo WiFi calling now enabled on BTU and EE

One of 2 possible solutions...

1. 5 hour Delay between EE enabling on my account and the option appearing in Phone app settings

2. Option Immediately appears after clearing cache and reboot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170308-132658.png
    Screenshot_20170308-132658.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 400
Last edited:

olafsand

Jan 25, 2011
What do you think guys, do we get 7.1 too? I bought drone bebop 2 and i want use AR.Pro 3 app for it but it froze after 1 minute use. Developer answer me: There is a known bug in Android 7.0 that is affecting many devices and programs that rely on a native renderer. *Google has closed the issue as it is fixed in 7.1 but it doesn’t appear that device manufacturers are taking it seriously when they make 7.0 available. *You have 3 options:

1. *Go back to Android 6

2. *See about a 7.1 or newer version of Android for your device

3. *Ask me to process a refund (I will need your Google Play Order #)

My apologies but I’m very limited in what I can do at this time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Galactus

Dec 28, 2009
London
VoLTE on BTU was the main topic of 3m posts already but no one seem to know how to search about it... Samsung explicitly said during the beta test that VoLTE won't work in roms with the BTU csc as is a setting that is carrier dependant. It worked only for the first N beta and then they disabled the support for said csc.
If you want to use VoLTE then you need to change your csc to one that has support for it (ex. the one from one of the carrier branded roms like the EE one for UK, or the csc of another country like DBT). Changing the csc factory resets your phone so make a backup.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

@coto39: Thanks for update... however, I'm wondering why it works in other countries.
DBT is the unbranded version for Germany and VoLTE is there carrier dependant, too, yet it works.

Thats possible (handset must be supplied by EE) however 1000s of customers in UK will have signed up for an EE contract S7/S7E via Carphone Warehouse ... who only supply BTU and XEU handsets in UK

The link ypu posted specifically talks aboit VoLTE not Wi-Fi calling and user @iridaki said a few pages back that WiFi calling works ok for him on BTU and EE

@iridaki can you clarify was your handset originally BTU XEU or EVR when new and did it come directly from EE or from an independent like CPW? Cheers

If you want VoLTE for EE, simply flash the Nougat BETA 1 CSC alongside BTU Nougat. Wi-fi calling will remain whilst VoLTE will be enabled automatically

DarkSandmaN

Apr 25, 2012
Sombor
hey ppl i have question about firmware. I have s7 edge with exinos procesor i update it with android N and now i want to root it,but i want to download stock rom if something goes wrong,so here it is the question. this is my about software Screenshot and i google same wersion to download "G935FXXU1DQB3" but i got only one site with numbers like that and that is this site
https://samsung-firmware.org/download/Galaxy S7 edge/28kt/BTU/G935FXXU1DQB3/G935FOXA1DQB1/

so i ask you is that same software like on mine phone right now? i dont know what that "BTU" stand for.it say its from UK,but arent there snapdragon procesor? i dont wanna brick my new s7 edge after 4 days.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd64/DarkSandmaN666/Screenshot_20170309-181122.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HERE IS THE VIDEO THAT SHOWS HOW TO CHANGE CSC CODE WITHOUT LOSING THE KNOX WARRANTY (dont forget to subscribe to my channel and comment for any help)

Mod Edit: Link removed. Pay per click links are not allowed on Xda.

DOWNLOAD STOCK BTU 6.0.1 FIRMWARE
    https://mega.nz/#!bBpAFRgY!eD3rjmqPFqFmzG0BN7wM7MziR9UKnzNH6YdzUltVaVQ
    DOWNLOAD COMBINATION FACTORY BINARY
    https://mega.nz/#!rM4mWaZD!iBnXIyXFgSPMBTCUtZCSBqAeQnbbtVQD4qhHMwphIPs
    Android 7.1.1

Hi guys
    Good news!we will get 7.1.1 on official release!!!
    Proof ??
    All these people commenting saying they're going back to MM is breaking my heart... You opted IN to test this firmware and report back to Samsung on any issues and provide logs etc to aid them in polishing nougat, yet you all jump in and post about how you got the OTA then 2 hours later cry that it's too leggy and missing features and not performing as you'd expect...

If you didn't want to have an unstable software on your phone, don't opt in to things like this.

Inb4, yes I am on the nougat beta
    FAQ - Samsung Galaxy S7 (Edge) Beta 1/2/3

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN! THX!

Samsung Galaxy S7 (Edge) Nougat Beta

:confused:Who can update to Beta 2/3 etc?
    Currently only officially registered via the Samsung Beta Program Users are able to upgrade OTA to the newest betas

:(Can I register for the Samsung Beta Program?
    No. Currently the beta program is full and no new users are allowed into the program

:angel:Will Samsung extend the Beta Program?
    Only Samsung knows. There are rumours that Samsung might extend the Beta Program to more countries. But this is a big maybe. So only time will tell.

:(Can someone share a link for Beta 3 so I can update my leaked Beta that I flashed via ODIN?
    No. Since Beta 3 is not a full firmware, but an update, there is no single Download available.

:(Can someone provide the Update File?
    It seems that it would be possible, but with a lot of work including downgrading, ADB, fastboot commands etc etc so this seems unlikely to happen. Also it is important to have TWO Update Files one from Beta 1 to Beta 2 and then from Beta 2 to Beta 3. Just an Update from Beta 2 to Beta 3 will not work.

:(Can I use a Samsung Account from a friend/stranger to upgrade my device?
    No. Officially registered Accounts are also connected to the IMEI of the device. So its of no use.

:cool:Can I use a custom ROM and get Beta 3
    Of course you can install a Custom ROM which includes Beta 3. But be aware that it will trip KNOX and void warranty of your device.

:good:Can I downgrade to Marshmallow?
    Yes. Just use Smartswitch on your PC/Mac and do a Recovery

:eek:Will I be able to use Beta 1 until the official Nougat Update comes?
    Probably. Currently there seems no expiration date on the betas.

:fingers-crossed:Can I update from Beta 1 to the final Version once it is released?
    Yes. It might work via OTA, but for sure you are able to upgrade via SmartSwitch on your PC/Mac.
    All you guys registered in Beta posting pics and etc. none of you could save the OTA file before updating?!?!

No one saved beta-2, now no one save beta-3. I am getting seriously frustrated now. What are we even doing here?

You are so happy to get the OTAs and didn't even think for a moment about the thousands of people who are not registered and could use your help. Sad...

Sorry, just feeling bad for being stuck at beta-1.

Stop whining, ok?

It's your own fault, you didn't register in time for the beta and not everyone wants to root their device for your laziness! :eek:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone