Question All about HUAWEI Ascend Y530 (Q&A, Root,Unlocking, etc)

Search This thread

Boskan

May 15, 2014
Novi Sad
Hi All and Welcome !!

I wanted to start a thread regarding the Huawei Ascend Y530 phone. Main reason I'm doing this is because there is nothing much about this phone
on the Internet and here as well.
Goal of this thread is that everyone that knows something about this phone, from basic info, to rooting and SIM unblocking, puts his/hers knowledge here, thus making it accessible for everyone to see.
This model is not one of the top models there are, but it is getting popular (by my opinion). And because of that, there should be more information about it, and the things you can do with it.

I'm doing this from a reason that I too need some info about this phone, since I recently got one and it is SIM blocked. So, I would like if there is anyone out there that can help me and others, to find solutions for our problems regarding this model.

Internet outside of this site was not that helpful, but I hope people here will be.

P.S. I'm expecting interactive behavior from all who is posting, so answers should come from everyone, not just from me (I'm still newbe ;))

POST EDIT !!!!! -------------->>>> THERE IS A WIKI PAGE FOR THIS PHONE ON THIS LINK: http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Huawei_Ascend_Y530

Last edited:

Alf921

May 5, 2014
I wanted to start a thread regarding the Huawei Ascend Y530 phone. Main reason I'm doing this is because there is nothing much about this phone
Goal of this thread is that everyone that knows something about this phone, from basic info, to rooting and SIM unblocking, puts his/hers knowledge here, thus making it accessible for everyone to see.
This model is not one of the top models there are, but it is getting popular (by my opinion). And because of that, there should be more information about it, and the things you can do with it.

Good Idea !
This phone is certainly not a high-end model, but it is very popular in Europe and Asia (don't know for America).

Framaroot and Vroot failled...
Now more than 3 month since this phone arrive, and there is still no method to root.
Does it come one day ?

HELP !!

Reactions: babakgol70

maerhomaerho

Sep 29, 2012
Hi All and Welcome !!

I'm doing this from a reason that I too need some info about this phone, since I recently got one and it is SIM blocked. So, I would like if there is anyone out there that can help me and others, to find solutions for our problems regarding this model.

Internet outside of this site was not that helpful, but I hope people here will be.

P.S. I'm expecting interactive behavior from all who is posting, so answers should come from everyone, not just from me (I'm still newbe ;))

Very nice idea, Boskan, Thnx!
I got this phone by now two months ago.
Jelly Bean stock rom works pretty well, but I definitely need this phone to be rooted!
Is anybody there who has time to make a new miracle?

Reactions: G@lonso90

IcemanSR

Jun 4, 2012
Sombor
Bootloader unlock here:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52764831&postcount=81

recovery boot:
turn off fast boot or
turn off phone then take out battery 2 seconds
put battery back on and:
then press and hold volume up+power button to enter recovery mode.

take screenshoots:
Press and hold volume down + power button in same time

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-19-20-01-47.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-19-20-01-47.png
    141 KB · Views: 26,467
  • Screenshot_2014-05-19-20-02-00.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-19-20-02-00.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 26,040
  • Screenshot_2014-05-19-20-02-05.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-19-20-02-05.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 24,624
  • Screenshot_2014-05-19-20-02-58.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-19-20-02-58.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 20,507
  • Screenshot_2014-05-19-20-02-30.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-19-20-02-30.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 17,878
  • Screenshot_2014-05-19-20-02-45.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-19-20-02-45.png
    78.8 KB · Views: 17,169
  • Screenshot_2014-05-19-20-02-53.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-19-20-02-53.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 16,674
Last edited:

tarinka

Aug 12, 2013
Last edited:

IcemanSR

Jun 4, 2012
Sombor
Bootloader unlock here:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52764831&postcount=81

recovery boot:
turn off fast boot or
turn off phone then take out battery 2 seconds
put battery back on and:
then press and hold volume up+power button to enter recovery mode.

take screenshoots:
Press and hold volume down + power button in same time

I prefer official unlock code,but there seems to be other ways to unlock bootloader
it is not tested for y530,i already unlocked mine,so i can't test either
but HERE it is for those who wants to try
Guide is simple and it should be for generally all huawei's ?

Reactions: Fonzy355

Kiruke

May 21, 2014
Modena, Italy.
I unlocked succesfully the bootloader with official method,but after some hours my phone noticed me that there is an update (B187 in Italy),
I downloaded it and when the phone restarted to install it,it did stuck on Huawei logo,i waited about 20 minutes but nothing happened,so i tried to reset the phone but the same thing happens,i tried to relock the bootloader with the same code i used to unlock it but the phone saied:invalid code or something similar....so how can i fix these problems or one of these? Sorry for my bad english,i'm italian,i hope you understand!

IcemanSR

Jun 4, 2012
Sombor
You need original firmware of your phone,if u dont have it there ia nothing you can do.we dont have custom recovery for phone,so take it to service.they can fix it

Sent from my HUAWEI Y530-U00 using Tapatalk

Alf921

May 5, 2014
I unlocked succesfully the bootloader with official method,but after some hours my phone noticed me that there is an update (B187 in Italy),
I downloaded it and when the phone restarted to install it,it did stuck on Huawei logo,i waited about 20 minutes but nothing happened,so i tried to reset the phone but the same thing happens,i tried to relock the bootloader with the same code i used to unlock it but the phone saied:invalid code or something similar....so how can i fix these problems or one of these? Sorry for my bad english,i'm italian,i hope you understand!

Perhaps try to launch the phone in recovery mode : Vol up + Power On, and do a factory reset by this way if you can reach this function.

Note : what an idea to accept updates !!
1st rule with computer : don't tuch if it's work well...
the best is the enemy of the good ;)

IcemanSR

Jun 4, 2012
Sombor
Perhaps try to launch the phone in recovery mode : Vol up + Power On, and do a factory reset by this way if you can reach this function.

Note : what an idea to accept updates !!
1st rule with computer : don't tuch if it's work well...
the best is the enemy of the good ;)

If it was official update,it is not his fault
and it should not have nothing to do with unlocked bootloader
it is faulty update.or maybe conflict with some old data,wrong usb drivers,cache etc
And he should not have any problems sending phone where he bought it to get repair.

But yes.Before going to panic those are first steps that him as user should try to do
wipe the phone clean
Here are some steps on how to
And here

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

This guy claims that it can root Y530-U00V100R001C900B181
it is also listed on their web site as tested and rooted
Y530-U00 Y530-U00V100R001C900B181 4.3
http://www.srsroot.com/supported

https://twitter.com/srsroot/status/468049341543112704

I tried on my Build ID: Y530-U00V100R001C900B183 and failed :crying:

---------- Post added at 04:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

Found out that 181 firmware is for Ireland and portugal..
here

Last edited:
Reactions: razkal1

Alf921

May 5, 2014
---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

[/COLOR]This guy claims that it can root Y530-U00V100R001C900B181
Y530-U00 Y530-U00V100R001C900B181 4.3

---------- Post added at 04:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

here

Well, this is a quite good news. It showes that it's possible for a 4.3 Android.

My build is : Y530-U00V100R001C900B177
What is the différence between 177, 181, 183, 189 (proposed since yesterday) ?
Is this build number related to system update (Huawei) ?
Or is it only a number related with the country (and a particular firmware) ?

Little by little we will get there ! :)

Last edited:
If it was official update,it is not his fault
and it should not have nothing to do with unlocked bootloader
it is faulty update.or maybe conflict with some old data,wrong usb drivers,cache etc
And he should not have any problems sending phone where he bought it to get repair.

But yes.Before going to panic those are first steps that him as user should try to do
wipe the phone clean
Here are some steps on how to
And here

This guy claims that it can root Y530-U00V100R001C900B181
Y530-U00Y530-U00V100R001C900B1814.3

here

Goin to try this when e get to a computer

tryeid it 3 times and not working and my firmware is B181

Sent from my HUAWEI Y530-U00 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

IcemanSR

Jun 4, 2012
Sombor
Well, this is a quite good news. It showes that it's possible for a 4.3 Android.

My build is : Y530-U00V100R001C900B177
What is the différence between 177, 181, 183, 189 (proposed since yesterday) ?
Is this build number related to system update (Huawei) ?
Or is it only a number related with the country (and a particular firmware) ?

Little by little we will get there ! :)

I hear that 177 has rather big issues with battery drain,and that next update is 177-189
Builds are probably base huawei update+local modifications where base belongs

Base (certificate)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-23-12-52-12.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-23-12-52-12.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 4,292
  • Screenshot_2014-05-23-12-56-41.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-23-12-56-41.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 4,464
Last edited:

IcemanSR

Jun 4, 2012
Sombor
I found this:
custom cwm build page
i tried to make rom nand backup from mine but adb commands failed on this phone....
sorry abt double post ,it was suppose to go to previous post..can't find delete button either..

It would be nice if some developer would step in and help the case..

Last edited:
Reactions: razkal1

Alf921

May 5, 2014
I hear that 177 has rather big issues with battery drain,and that next update is 177-189
Builds are probably base huawei update+local modifications where base belongs

thanks.
177 / battery drain : I confirm. sometime rapid and sudden drop in battery :(

question : if I try ans success with SRSroot, will Huawei update work after ? if yes, will Huawei update unroot the device ?
dilemma : first update the phone and loose the ability to root, or first try to root and loose the ability to update... :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5232707
    WE have a decent CWM. Do we? Test right now!

Hello boys and girls.
    It took some time but finally, thanks mostly to the previous work made by crazytiti with the Phicomm C230, I can release this CWM recovery image, tested with a Huawei Y530-U051 device, firmware B185. As always, this is released AS IS with the best intention for you to TEST, but no warranty at all. It's a CWM v6.0.5.1, before you flash, test with "fastboot boot recovery.img", if you think it's OK to rely on it you can flash it with "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img". Make a backup as complete as you can and please don't blame me for nothing that can happen to your phones. I repeat (once again) I am no developer, so if you distrust me, you better obey your guts.
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    Now, THE LINK: https://mega.nz/#!6gEkGKwT!rgePL1Duwt5XObJr6tZDSpxER6yLBpVuK8bVpMq2zkE
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    What can I (luckily, you too) do with this CWM recovery?
    1) Make nandroid backup into external sd card (internal sdcard never has enough space... so)
    2) Restore from a nandroid backup (backups are dated in 1970, this is a common issue with QCOM). Needs more testing.
    3) It can mount system, data and cache partitions, so, technically we could flash any MOD we want that is intended for Jellybean 4.3
    4) Navigate through CWM menu with Vol+/Vol- keys and select option with power key.

What can't I (and maybe you too) do with this recovery?
    1) No touch support
    2) Can't mount internal sdcard (and I am not interested on this to happen)
    3) You tell me.

PS. I missed so much a good old nandroid backup! Happy weekend!

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    Confirmed for:
    *U051
    -B185
    *U00
    -B510
    -B186
    -B194
    Hi All and Welcome !!

POST EDIT !!!!! -------------->>>> THERE IS A WIKI PAGE FOR THIS PHONE ON THIS LINK: http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Huawei_Ascend_Y530
    D
    Deleted member 5232707
    One more stock modded firmware (in the meantime)

I'm gonna be brief. This stock modded firmware has little new things to offer:
    1) It is based on B512 firmware.
    2) It replaces Kinguser with superSU.
    3) Upgraded extremebeats mod to v4.
    4) Defaults to work with most recent Xposed framework.
    5) Minor build.prop hacks. They are marked with a comment refering to XDA forum for CM10/JB ROMS. You can delete them or comment all of them or whatever.
    6) Easier to supercharge.

INSTALLATION
    0) If you have not performed a nandroid backup recently, this is a good moment to do so.
    1) Donwload and uncompress this file into /storage/sdcard1/clockworkmod/backup. Be careful the name of the folder is the backup date so all the files are inside /storage/sdcard1/clockworkmod/backup/1970-xx-xx-xxxxxx directory.
    2) Boot into CWM recovery

WARNING: After you flash system or the whole backup and when you try to reboot, CWM is gonna offer you to fix su. You must answer NO.

UPGRADE from older modded stock firmware (EXPERIMENTAL):
    3) Go to backup and restore menu
    4) Go to advanced restore submenu
    5) Select "restore system", it will appear an asterisk
    6) Confirm restore
    7) Go to advanced options and perform a wipe dalvik cache
    8) Reboot (please, READ the WARNING in red)

INSTALL from scratch (includes factory reset):
    3) Go to backup and restore menu
    4) Select the backup corresponding to the folder you uncompressed in th first step
    5) Confirm restore
    6) In main menu do a wipe data/factory reset
    7) In advanced options, wipe dalvik cache
    8) Reboot

OPTIONAL:
    Use script manager to activate scripts at boot. Open Script Manager, activate Navigate as root option. Inside Script Manager go to /system/etc/init.d directory and, for each script (there are only two or three), tap on it and activate "su" and "boot" options. There are two scripts available there, the first includes my own supercharger options (all credits to zeppelinrox) and another one which will kill media server at boot (it will be activated again when needed). With these scripts I've been having more than 200 MB RAM free at boot with a clean installation.

ATTENTION (UPDATE) : Some have been having problems with Gapps. So, I thought maybe this can help. This is a backup with Play Store + Play Services. Choose whatever you want.
    https://mega.co.nz/#!ytlUxJAD!lVJUlqRdmilwuPSxoiKYwGVse8LzQR4oAF7YR4N9k3E
    D
    Deleted member 5232707
    Hi guys. Another modded firmware. Just uncompress the date named folder inside sdcard/clockworkmod/backup and install as a backup. You can install system-only using advanced restore option + wipe dalvik.

The highlights are little and the principle is to keep it minimal and open source:
    1. No live wallpapers at all
    2. Based on B515 firmware
    3. Degoogled and debloated (except for Google Keyboard, Play Store and Play Services)
    4. KitKat launcher
    5. Lollypop-like UI (thanks to @ciubi93). I managed to mod HwToolbox.apk and bundle it to the theme. I think the result is pretty, I tried to do the same with Phone and Contacts apps, but it was a complete failure. The screenshot shows the integrated HwToolBox to the overall theme.
    6. Better sound thru extremebeats and Ponqualizer
    7. 3G turbocharged with zeppelinrox's tweaks.
    8. Build.prop tested tweaks. These ones are related with dalvik heap. If you want a device with more free RAM you can change vm. dalvik.heapsize to 128 and reduce heapgrowthlimit, heapminfree and heapmaxfree values in build.prop (I modularized 3G tweaks and dalvik tweaks so they are easy to find, edit, delete).
    9. Minimal open source basic apps: Vanilla Music Player, Simple Explorer, CM11 calendar and e-mail client, lightning browser and system app mover. The latter is a recent addition that I just foun, extremely useful to change system apps to data apps (allowing the uninstallation of system apps) and viceversa.
    10. Rooted (includes SuperSU) and busyboxed.

Important issues and recommendations:
    *After installing this, CWM will ask your permission to fix su, answer NO!
    * Users of ROEHSOFT RAM Expander app will loose access to the swap file and the ability to create a new one (I don't have an answer for that). Anyhow, if you screw your swap file, refer to this post to have a brand new one.
    * Install Xposed framework and Greenify with the boost option for an overall better experience, RAM and power usage.
    * You may want too a fully functional file manager like X-plore.
    * If you don't like the flat design, just choose another theme and you will go back to good old user interface.

The link: https://mega.nz/#!u51hBaja!_fPfWPJ-f_Vq92-LvEUQ18yOqYzDSx-pa9_f2jGh1jQ