All about - Lenovo A5500-F

Search This thread

bumba1

May 19, 2014
i have that tablet but its not rooted and dont wish to root as use for sky-go so please advise best way to make firmware copy and i will try to help

terra_zg

Oct 17, 2015
:good: :D
Could you please check if your ROM build number is A5500F_A442_000_029_150408_ROW

Anyway, even without root you'd probably be able to locate and send me the relevant apk/odex files if you have ES File Explorer or similar tool on you device (at least, I can do that on my unrooted samsung device). This might be a trial-and-error procedure, as I've never done it before, but if you're willing to try, I am too.

And thanks for the offer, whatever comes out of it :p

ryoshouza

Nov 18, 2015
Magelang
Lenovo IdeaTab A8-5500-f BOOTLOP

Hi master ,
I have problems with this tablet , Lenovo IdeaTab A8-50 I just restart, I tried to enter recovery to wipe data remain always restart. can only enter fastboot . I tried to flash , but the tablet is not readable on pc . if you have a solution ?? help me :( , thank you very much . sorry i use translate

Art 7Z

Nov 18, 2015
Stock boot animation

Hello,
Could you please upload the stock boot animation of the Lenovo A8 A5500-F?
Cause last night I changed it and was kinda excited and didn't back up the stock (Original) boot animation either I renamed it to : bootanimation.zipbak
The bad thing is that the Rom Toolbox Pro didn't warn me that I'll lose it and that I need to make a backup. And I kinda want the original back so it wouldn't missing from my tab.
Although is there any problem if it will be missing or there could be any problems in the long run? Cause after a reboot last night it jammed on the lockscreen but I've pressed sound button down (-) & power button and it rebooted normally and it seems to be working just fine. I would appreciate if someone help me with this. I also need help in couple of other things and I can help with any files that someone may need from this device.
Thank you in advance ☺?

lqwe

Jul 29, 2013
Where these roms can be found for download?
A5500F_A442_000_027_141207_ROW
A5500F_A442_000_029_150408_ROW

Previously my rom was A422_000_024_140328_ROW and when I tried to upgrade over OTA the update failed and tablet has bricked. At the moment it's flashed with A442_000_013_140526_ROW from the lenovo-russia forum be there is no new update over OTA.

legosrock8282

Mar 8, 2015
Hi, I had one of these rooted, and I tried to update it, which led to an error and now my device is bricked.

I tried following your instructions to unbrick, but I have been unsuccessful.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.
Thanks alot :)

theyam_yam

Sep 26, 2012
Same

Hi, I had one of these rooted, and I tried to update it, which led to an error and now my device is bricked.

I tried following your instructions to unbrick, but I have been unsuccessful.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.
Thanks alot :)

I have TWRP installed and I can access the recovery, but it won't boot past it. Also the flash method fails.

jonnytk

Apr 8, 2013
a5500f ota update

hello, i have this tablet i rooted it now the ota update fails. anybody know how to get the ota update on rooted tablet. i tried factory reset didnt work.

Zoidiano0

Oct 1, 2014
the factory reset does nothig to the system partition so if u have root an install xposed framework its going to fail
i used to have the same problem so i copy the update file from the sd card ( or whatever is placed ) and open it an and edit the update-script file
by deleting the security checks

if u can please upload the update file
and i can show u the lines that u need to edit and to have a backup of the file to use for other people

Zoidiano0

Oct 1, 2014
Anyone have any idea's about this fault? It's still not flashing so I can't restore to stock. Please help.

its the same problem that i have
i try to flash he system with flash tool but not work stops at 28-33% and never works that i did was buy a new mainboard
cuz sees like the memory chip is just bad

i even try be uploading a older backup but nothing work
the only think that i can do is install all the partitions but no the system one

now that my tablet is up and running again i'm going to keep trying to port cyanogenmod to it :D :D

Reactions: theyam_yam

jonnytk

Apr 8, 2013
the factory reset does nothig to the system partition so if u have root an install xposed framework its going to fail
i used to have the same problem so i copy the update file from the sd card ( or whatever is placed ) and open it an and edit the update-script file
by deleting the security checks

if u can please upload the update file
and i can show u the lines that u need to edit and to have a backup of the file to use for other people

found update don't know how to upload to here, found a file called security do i delete it

Last edited:

theyam_yam

Sep 26, 2012
its the same problem that i have
i try to flash he system with flash tool but not work stops at 28-33% and never works that i did was buy a new mainboard
cuz sees like the memory chip is just bad

i even try be uploading a older backup but nothing work
the only think that i can do is install all the partitions but no the system one

now that my tablet is up and running again i'm going to keep trying to port cyanogenmod to it :D :D

Please hurry, cyanogen would be amazing and hopefully solve my problems. :good::good::good::good:

kinah

Mar 23, 2016
hello i am facing challenge with the drivers can you please give me the files, i have tried so many versions even from mtk but the drivers are not working. On the tab i just need to root it only??? or i need to put in recovery?

Zeitkind

Feb 8, 2016
Well, yeah, anything other than the broken original 4.4.2 ROM would be nice. Lenovo never fixed the WIFI problems many owners have. I tried several access points, tried proxies, tried without WPA/WPA2, tried with IPv6 off, .. still no luck. After a few minutes WIFI keeps dropping off and using the tablet is just a pita. As there will be no new ROM from Lenovo (and no Andoid 5.x) I already decided that this will be my last product from Lenovo. But I already have 3 of those A5500, so any progress will be nice.

Zeitkind

Feb 8, 2016
Finally found a solution for my constantly dropping wifi connections.
After searching for months now and trying _a_lot_, I stumbled upon a post somewhere about a different model of Lenovo - and a fix. Seems that Kitkat & Lenovo has a problem with AES encryption and WPA2. Switching to the more unsafe WPA & TKIP my connection is now stable for several days. I use an old Dlink AP for this and it is connected to my DMZ network. For I use this tablets just for surfing the net and such, it's not a problem for me to seperate that WPA/TKIP-WiFi and my Lenovo A5500's from my LAN.
But a newer firmware would be nice nevertheless - prob. with a fix for this AES-problem. Many newer home routers and access points can't switch back to the older WPA/TKIP-encryption, so it's a fix - but not for everyone I guess.

tagilbo

May 31, 2012
My daughter in law has updated the a5500-f (untouched) and the process is failed. (switch on->lenovo logo->android figure with some red something- with "no command" line under it.)
Now can't boot the device, but it can reach factory-recovery.
The MTP, and fastboot not work. (code 10, the computer cant't reach the tablet).
What can i do with it?
Maybe it have ADB-connection. Isn't some update zip, which i can push to device via adb?
Sry for bad english.
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys i Create This Thread to discuss all about this tablet
    i have found a lot of information about it and i would like to share with the comunity
    i'm not a developer ( but i want to become :) )

but well

here i'm going to be posting stuff relater to this tablet and specifically the model F
    LENOVO A5500-F (WIFI-ONLY)

hacks, mods ,tutorials and everything about this tablet

feel Free to ask and comment in this thread

and WELCOME.!!

THAnkS!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lenovo A5500-F (Wi-Fi Only) Android-Development, ROM for the Android General

Contributors
    Zoidiano0, Zoidiano0
    Source Code: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2mgrfrr4kc6ngrk/lenovo_a10-70_a8-50_osc_20140416.tar.gz

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: KitKat 4.4.2
    Based On: Cyanogenmod

Version Information

Created 2015-06-06
    Last Updated 2015-06-05
    RR_5.8.5 (Android 7.1.2) for A5500-F

I've found RR_5.8.5 (Android 7.1.2) for A5500-F.
    Source: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=613221&st=2660#entry77359407
    I tested this firmware and it works.

How to install

Step 1 - you need a root access for your curent Android 4.4.2
    If you don't have it - use KingoRoot (https://root-apk.kingoapp.com/)

Step 2 - enable USB Debugging on your tablet
    https://www.howtogeek.com/125769/how-to-install-and-use-abd-the-android-debug-bridge-utility/ - how to do it.

Step 3 - make a backup of your nvram partition
    Put file "nvram_backup.bat" to a folder where adb.exe located and run it.
    The nvram.img file should appear.

Step 4 - we need to install TWRP
    http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=613221&st=1260#entry51099944 -
    download recovery.img ( 10.94 MB ) version A5500F_A442_000_029_150408_ROW

Step 5 - flash recovery
    Put files "recovery.img" and "flash_recovery.bat" to a folder with adb.exe and run it.

Now you have a working TWRP and you can do a backup of android 4.4.2, if you wish revert to it later.

Step 6 - download all the necessary files:
    https://yadi.sk/d/aXkdww3Y3aFmq3 - RR_5.8.5_A7600H_23.07.2018.zip
    http://4pda.ru/forum/dl/post/12584498/FIX_START_RR_5.8.5_A5500F.zip.zip - fix for A5500-F
    https://opengapps.org/ - select "arm"- "7.1" - and any variant you want. (I've selected pico, because the little RAM)

Put them to SDCard (or if you have the OTG cable, you can use ordinary usb flash drive)

Step 7 - boot tablet to TWRP recovery
    You can do it by adb with command: "adb reboot recovery"
    Or turn off the tablet, press Volume Up + Power buttons and select "recovery" when asked.

Step 8 - wipe and reboot to recovery again
    Wipe - Advanced wipe.
    Wipe Cache, Data, System, Dalvik Art cache.

When finished, press back and select "Reboot" - "Recovery". (don't skip this step)

Step 9 - flashing
    1 - install "RR_5.8.5_A7600H_23.07.2018.zip". Don't reboot when finished, press back button.
    2 - install "FIX_START_RR_5.8.5_A5500F.zip". Don't reboot when finished, press back button.
    3 - install "open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20200530.zip".

Finally you can reboot. Press back button and select "Reboot" - "System"

First start takes a long time (~2 minutes) - this is normal.
    Do not think that the tablet is hung, wait until it is fully loaded.

Congrats! You done it.

PS:
    I put all files in one archive and upload it to mega:
    https://mega.nz/file/eGYUWQBJ#oKJp-fW-cuWCqgGiAEHdT9f5Ea1pl3x83McNrYk1URQ

UPDATE:
    Found a problem - a quiet sound. To solve this, you need to install the Dolby ATMOS application (dap_r6.5.zip) from here:
    https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=9817#downloads
    Installation must be done via TWRP in recovery mode. It fixed a problem for me.
    Root tablet

First Of all with our tablet we need ROOT

the only app that i tried and can Root The Tablet is
    KINGO ROOT
    DOWNLOAD
    USB DRIVER
    DOWNLOAD

here are the steps to do this
    1.-Enable Debugg Mode inyout tablet (settings - about tablet- 7 tabs on build Number-enable usb debug )
    2.- Download the Drivers
    3.- Connect yout Tabler with your USB cable And Install it with the drivers
    4.- Download=>Install==> Launch the KINGO ROOT APP ( LINK above)
    5.- Hit ROOT and wait till The magic Happend ..
    6.-Enjoy

u can also download SuperSU and set it as main root manager app
    I can't get into recovery or fastboot mode... :(

You need to flash correct "boot.img" (and if TWRP is still not working - "recovery.img") with SP Flash Tool
    After that you should be able to boot into TWRP and flash "Fix".

Step 1: Download this:
    https://mega.nz/file/OHJigICI#J2H0UsbMaZ6xvKzslxYbNTS7fGsxX80EAewQclECpmU - SP_Flash_Tool_with_scatter_boot_recovery.zip

Step 2: Restoring boot.img
    1 - run SP Flash Tool v5.1708
    2 - after "Scatter-loading File" press "choose" button and select "MT6582_scatter_LVP6-WIFI-ROW.1.013.00.txt"
    3 - press Ctrl + Alt + V.
    4 - in main menu check "Window" -> "Write Memory".
    5 - switch to Write Memory tab
    6 - in "File path" select a path to "boot.img" file. (it's inside "SP Flash Tool v5.1708" folder)
    7 - in "Begin Address (HEX)" put 0x3180000

It should look like this:
    https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5034707&stc=1&d=1591430510

The tablet must be turned off and usb cable is disconnected.

8 - press the "Write Memory" button and connect usb cable.
    Dont push any tablet buttons. You should see that SP Flash Tool is working. It will show a window with a green circle when finished.

Step 3: Flashing
    Now you should be able to use Volume Up + Power and boot to "recovery".
    Boot to TWRP and flash "FIX_START_RR_5.8.5_A5500F" and "gapps" from the first archive.

Reboot, wait for long first load and it should be working.

PS: I use windows version, don't know about linux. On linux you need to find a working version of SP Flash Tool, get these files:
    MT6582_scatter_LVP6-WIFI-ROW.1.013.00.txt
    boot.img
    recovery.img
    and use it the same way.

https://xdaforums.com/general/rooting-roms/tutorial-how-to-setup-spflashtoollinux-t3160802 - thread about installing SP Flash Tool for linux.
    Is there any way I can install the others...?
    Don't worry, everything is reversible.
    You should not have rebooted without flashing "FIX". (Sorry, it seems my flaw - I had to emphasize this in the manual. Fixed it.)

The right sequence is:
    1) install "RR_5.8.5_A7600H_23.07.2018.zip". Don't reboot when finished, press back button.
    2) install "FIX_START_RR_5.8.5_A5500F.zip". Don't reboot when finished, press back button.
    3) install "open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20200530.zip". And finally you can reboot.

Ok, we need to fix the tablet now.

First of all, please check if you can boot to recovery or fastboot mode.
    - power off the tablet (by holding Power button, until it power off)
    - press and hold Volume Up + Power buttons. You should see the dialog with boot options "Recovery/Fastboot/Normal".

If you do not see such a dialog, we try in a different way.