All About Official Gionee M2 And Development

Search This thread

sachin420

Nov 1, 2014

sakkytush

Sep 29, 2015
please frnds help, my gionee m2 down right key has stooped functioning, thou it fell on the ground , but the key works and stops at will what can i do to remedy the situation pls? cos am already heart broken.

Dibakar.Saha

Oct 1, 2015
gionee-m2 phone since last 1.5 years. happy with overall usage however the camera has some quality issue now. The photos during initial period used to be the best and now its just ordinary. What should I do?

seunskills

Dec 2, 2007
Hi all, I need help to fix my Gionee M2 which got bricked after an attempt to update an official notification I got. It is now soft bricked. It can be booted to official recovery but clearing cache or factory reset from recovery still resulted in boot loop. It was rooted but has no custom recovery installed. The USB port was broken so I can't flash a new ROM via PC, I only use the USB port for charging, can't be recognized by a PC. I downloaded a stock ROMs on the SD card but it keep giving error and won't update. Is it possible to flash a custom recovery via SD card and I'll need help to get the SD card flashable custom recovery if it possible? I need help cos I'm stranded without a phone for about 48hrs now. Thanks all in advance and God bless.

Yogendra Kher

Nov 27, 2014
Rajkot,Gujarat
Solution is here

Hi all, I need help to fix my Gionee M2 which got bricked after an attempt to update an official notification I got. It is now soft bricked. It can be booted to official recovery but clearing cache or factory reset from recovery still resulted in boot loop. It was rooted but has no custom recovery installed. The USB port was broken so I can't flash a new ROM via PC, I only use the USB port for charging, can't be recognized by a PC. I downloaded a stock ROMs on the SD card but it keep giving error and won't update. Is it possible to flash a custom recovery via SD card and I'll need help to get the SD card flashable custom recovery if it possible? I need help cos I'm stranded without a phone for about 48hrs now. Thanks all in advance and God bless.

Kindly go through this link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gionee-m2/general/custom-twrp-2-8-5-touch-recovery-gionee-t3150785

Reactions: seunskills

dynamicmahe

Dec 22, 2015
Need Help in installing User Certificates

I am trying to install User Certificates from AIR WATCH app on my GIONEE M2 (4gb), it is failing and have only option close and send error report. My office tech team says its problem with the phone. :confused: Can you one of you help me to resolve this. Please let me know if you need any further information need.

Parthesabari

Mar 4, 2016
When I try to download a app from the play store when the internal memory is less than 320mb or something... I get the insufficient space error...! I using 4gb version... And I'm able to install apps in phone storage... I'm also able to install the apk files but I can't download anything from play store

When I try to download a app from the play store when the internal memory is less than 320mb or something... I get the insufficient space error...! I using 4gb version... And I'm able to install apps in phone storage... I'm also able to install the apk files but I can't download anything from play store

1. Welcome to XDA, newbie :)
2. Try to use the Q/A section for such questions, so that it isn't misleading :)
3. The error that you mentioned is "pre-built", play store has this setting since a long time, that you cannot install apps when you have less than a certain amount of free space available. Say, if you have 1.5GB space for apps and you use up 1.2 GB and have 300 MB you wont be allowed to download apps from play store, its because of Play Store APK settings
You can still download the APK files and install because these are being done by you yourself (third party) and not google

I guess you aren't rooted or on a custom rom, seeing that this was your first post.
I'll ask this, are you on Kitkat Stock ROM (4.4.2) or on Jellybean Stock ROM (4.2.2)?

Solutions:
1. Try uninstalling any useless apps, try all methods you can find on google or XDA to be able to clean up some space, caches, etc.
2. ROOT, WIPE, REPARTITION GO EASY M8 FIRST LEARN THE ABCs before anything else (cant use BAE now! :silly:)
There are a few techniques that you can use to get more app storage by changing your app partitions
That requires ROOTING and DELETING ALL YOUR DATA, and BACKING UP your contacts,apps,etc. data before you format
Thats a lot of stuff, i advise you read some threads , understand how it works, before you root/repartition/do anything harsh!
If you need help you can still post on XDA we all will be here to help you.

Reactions: A1deparagon

shaanvskhan

Feb 2, 2014
jaipur
Can i use keyboard instead of pandrive with otg?

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

How to connect keyboard to m2?

L0lit

May 7, 2016
Hii... I am getting No Service Or emergency calls on my Gionee m2 phone .... what should i do ? Please help and its showing like this
No Service - Airtel
No Service - Tata Docomo and on all other sim cards

A1deparagon

Dec 11, 2012
Lagos
1. Welcome to XDA, newbie :)
2. Try to use the Q/A section for such questions, so that it isn't misleading :)
3. The error that you mentioned is "pre-built", play store has this setting since a long time, that you cannot install apps when you have less than a certain amount of free space available. Say, if you have 1.5GB space for apps and you use up 1.2 GB and have 300 MB you wont be allowed to download apps from play store, its because of Play Store APK settings
You can still download the APK files and install because these are being done by you yourself (third party) and not google

I guess you aren't rooted or on a custom rom, seeing that this was your first post.
I'll ask this, are you on Kitkat Stock ROM (4.4.2) or on Jellybean Stock ROM (4.2.2)?

Solutions:
1. Try uninstalling any useless apps, try all methods you can find on google or XDA to be able to clean up some space, caches, etc.
2. ROOT, WIPE, REPARTITION GO EASY M8 FIRST LEARN THE ABCs before anything else (cant use BAE now! :silly:)
There are a few techniques that you can use to get more app storage by changing your app partitions
That requires ROOTING and DELETING ALL YOUR DATA, and BACKING UP your contacts,apps,etc. data before you format
Thats a lot of stuff, i advise you read some threads , understand how it works, before you root/repartition/do anything harsh!
If you need help you can still post on XDA we all will be here to help you.

Please guide me to partition my sdcard to get more space on.
I have tried but when I used link2sd it give me error.
I used aparted app to partition

Sent from my M2 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts