All Current Radios

Search This thread

toastcfh

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
here i have all current known radios for the Eris. these radios can be flashed via Amon_RA recovery. ive put them in update.zip format. so all u need to do is place them on the root of ur sdcard and flash like any other update.zip from recovery.

FLASH THESE AT UR OWN RISK. LIKE ANYTHING ELSE U DO TO UR PHONE. IM NOT RESPONSIBLE

INSTRUCTIONS

step one: download and put the desired radio update.zip on to the root of ur sdcard.

step two: flash the update.zip via Amon_RA recovery. by selecting update.zip from sdcard and choosing the radio zip u want.

step three once it flashes it will ask u to press a something to continue. do it and itll reboot and take a few seconds on a bootloader screen. once that finishes, it will reboot back into recovery. from there just choose reboot, to boot into android

step four go into settings>about phone>software information. under baseband is ur radio version. enyoy :D

now as for the question of which radio is better...

there is no good answer to this question. some enjoy results from different radios. an up graded radio will always do good. as it will most likely give better battery life and signal then the stock radio. all of these radios will work with any rom (1.5 - 2.1) and unless a dev has inclued a radio in their rom. the radio will always remain the same unless u flash it with another.

now for the question about why some radios say heroc instead of eris...

the heroc radio are just that... heroc radios from sprint. its a cdma radio so it works the same as verizon radio. dont believe me?! do a strings | grep on all the radios and u will see they are all using both sprint and verizon logins and such. also as right now im running the latest radio which is the heroc one. everything works fine and its the one ive had best results with on both my Sprint Hero and my wifes Verizon Eris. although others may find better results with other versions.

please feel free to post ur radio results here on this thread.

md5sum

2.42.00.03.10-heroc.zip md5sum (1eedacfbbe62349783f1137966b65e15) *WARNING: reported BT issues*

2.41.04.02.03-heroc.zip md5sum (c966d6e0ca67f598669e7da6bf1b13f2)

2.41.04.02.02-eris.zip md5sum (3e4d7868c291bae0c44f1bef80376c47)

2.40.00.01.22-eris.zip md5sum (9bb6914b264e9d6d1632e8876b709229)

1.04.01.09.21-heroc-shipped.zip md5sum (cd05836cf21c1958138bb8e752657b68)

again have fun :D

Attachments

• 1.04.01.09.21-heroc-shipped.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 288
  • 2.40.00.01.22-eris.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 762
  • 2.41.04.02.02-eris.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 1,919
  • 2.41.04.02.03-heroc.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 927
  • 2.42.00.03.10-heroc.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 1,049
Last edited:

gohamstergo

Mar 6, 2010
its only been 10 minutes or so since i flashed the latest radio, but my 'Time without a signal %' is at zero without the Airplane Mode trick :D will keep checking, but this seems to be good news! Not that I have ANY idea if that bug could even be related to this haha, but whatever, as long as it works..
edit: well over an hour now..still 0%
edit2: started doing it again after the next reboot, airplane trick still needed

Last edited:

toastcfh

Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Thanks for the tutorial, and for those that browse and don't want to register an account (don't be lazy) I have the files hosted over at photex-media dot net

just dont forget to give credit. i didnt get these radios in update.zip form. so i did all that work myself. also took the time to flash each of them before posting to make sure all was good and they all worked :D

Reactions: Appumon123

jcase

Retired Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Develo
Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
Please be careful guys, I would not flash your radio without a reason to.

However thanks for the tutorial, I have another eris radio version, but I don't think it would be wise to flash it. Do you want it?

sunder74

Jan 19, 2010
Washington DC
improved sig

have had the newest eris radio for a couple hours now and can say that the signal strength has signifigantly improved and can't confirm battery drainage at this point but the signal strength is there for sure...jcase why would it not be advisable to flash a radio update?

toastcfh

Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Please be careful guys, I would not flash your radio without a reason to.

However thanks for the tutorial, I have another eris radio version, but I don't think it would be wise to flash it. Do you want it?

pm me and give me the info on it. please

also there is no reason to try and scare people about these radios ive posted. they all work and it will do no harm to flash them. ive noticed better reception and battery life since flashing the latest sprint radio on both my heroc and eris. if anyone flashed the root leak they got a radio that ive posted here. its actually an older radio at that.

but yeah if u are sure u have an eris or sprint radio. then please give me the info and ill test it. :D

toastcfh

Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
have had the newest eris radio for a couple hours now and can say that the signal strength has signifigantly improved and can't confirm battery drainage at this point but the signal strength is there for sure...jcase why would it not be advisable to flash a radio update?

flashing anything can be risky. but i wouldnt have posted this or anything else that i have not tested myself. i wouldnt ever post something that would put anyones device at risk. ive flashed many radios and know what im doing. i wouldnt advise anyoone to go out and find mystery radios to flash as that is a sure fire way to brick ur device.

again all of my radios were tested by me before i posted and they all work well:D

sunder74

Jan 19, 2010
Washington DC
flashing anything can be risky. but i wouldnt have posted this or anything else that i have not tested myself. i wouldnt ever post something that would put anyones device at risk. ive flashed many radios and know what im doing. i wouldnt advise anyoone to go out and find mystery radios to flash as that is a sure fire way to brick ur device.

again all of my radios were tested by me before i posted and they all work well:D

excellent, thanks for sharing and taking the time and the risk to test and post these as i stated previously signal is much improved with the newest eris version...living close to an airport seems to reek havoc on my coverage idk why, again thanks.

Photex

Mar 4, 2010
www.photex-media.net
toastcfh of course you get credit, i'm just trying to have a nice organized site with tutorials and files locally hosted as an alternative. XDA becomes pretty cluttered at times. I hope you don't mind I did some spelling corrections ;)

And for a quick review before flashing the heroc rom I had maybe 0-1 bars in my apartment, now I have 2-3 and calls connect EXTREMELY quick in comparison.

jcase

Retired Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Develo
Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
pm me and give me the info on it. please

also there is no reason to try and scare people about these radios ive posted. they all work and it will do no harm to flash them. ive noticed better reception and battery life since flashing the latest sprint radio on both my heroc and eris. if anyone flashed the root leak they got a radio that ive posted here. its actually an older radio at that.

but yeah if u are sure u have an eris or sprint radio. then please give me the info and ill test it. :D

I have a reason to inform them they are running a risk. A lot of people out there have no clue what they are doing nor risks involved. If something happens, say some idiot pulled the battery, or flashed on a low battery, bad things could happen. or if a file happens to be corrupted.

I have the radios from stock 1.5, root 2.1 and leak 2.1, which do you not have.

toastcfh

Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
I have a reason to inform them they are running a risk. A lot of people out there have no clue what they are doing nor risks involved. If something happens, say some idiot pulled the battery, or flashed on a low battery, bad things could happen. or if a file happens to be corrupted.

I have the radios from stock 1.5, root 2.1 and leak 2.1, which do you not have.

i have them all. the stock eris radio im pulling from the ruu now and will add later when i get a chance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here i have all current known radios for the Eris. these radios can be flashed via Amon_RA recovery. ive put them in update.zip format. so all u need to do is place them on the root of ur sdcard and flash like any other update.zip from recovery.

FLASH THESE AT UR OWN RISK. LIKE ANYTHING ELSE U DO TO UR PHONE. IM NOT RESPONSIBLE

INSTRUCTIONS

step one: download and put the desired radio update.zip on to the root of ur sdcard.

step two: flash the update.zip via Amon_RA recovery. by selecting update.zip from sdcard and choosing the radio zip u want.

step three once it flashes it will ask u to press a something to continue. do it and itll reboot and take a few seconds on a bootloader screen. once that finishes, it will reboot back into recovery. from there just choose reboot, to boot into android

step four go into settings>about phone>software information. under baseband is ur radio version. enyoy :D

now as for the question of which radio is better...

there is no good answer to this question. some enjoy results from different radios. an up graded radio will always do good. as it will most likely give better battery life and signal then the stock radio. all of these radios will work with any rom (1.5 - 2.1) and unless a dev has inclued a radio in their rom. the radio will always remain the same unless u flash it with another.

now for the question about why some radios say heroc instead of eris...

the heroc radio are just that... heroc radios from sprint. its a cdma radio so it works the same as verizon radio. dont believe me?! do a strings | grep on all the radios and u will see they are all using both sprint and verizon logins and such. also as right now im running the latest radio which is the heroc one. everything works fine and its the one ive had best results with on both my Sprint Hero and my wifes Verizon Eris. although others may find better results with other versions.

please feel free to post ur radio results here on this thread.

md5sum

2.42.00.03.10-heroc.zip md5sum (1eedacfbbe62349783f1137966b65e15) *WARNING: reported BT issues*

2.41.04.02.03-heroc.zip md5sum (c966d6e0ca67f598669e7da6bf1b13f2)

2.41.04.02.02-eris.zip md5sum (3e4d7868c291bae0c44f1bef80376c47)

2.40.00.01.22-eris.zip md5sum (9bb6914b264e9d6d1632e8876b709229)

1.04.01.09.21-heroc-shipped.zip md5sum (cd05836cf21c1958138bb8e752657b68)

again have fun :D
    I have been back and forth with trying to decide if I should update my radio to the newest one.

I decided against it but now seeing a few more people having good luck with it Im back wondering if I should switch.

I dont want to do anything to brick my phone since I cant upgrade until June, Im just scared to change much of anything besides roms and themes because of the fear of bricking my phone.

What do you all think I should do? I know its risky flashing a radio, but seeing that a lot of people have had success, makes me wonder.

I remember condemedsoul told me there wasnt a whole lot of difference that he noticed a few days ago, has your opinion changed.

Thank you for any advice. Just nervous. lol

What I didn't notice mush difference with is the calls that you think are dropped but aren't, I have noticed the signal is more stable and the data seems a little faster. I also seem to have a better signal in places that are/were weak spots before.
    Thanks for the tutorial, and for those that browse and don't want to register an account (don't be lazy) I have the files hosted over at photex-media dot net

just dont forget to give credit. i didnt get these radios in update.zip form. so i did all that work myself. also took the time to flash each of them before posting to make sure all was good and they all worked :D
    Apparently there is a new heroc radio - 2.42.02.10.29 - according to the Hero CDMA CyanogenMod forum.

Does anybody know of a download link for it? I'd like to try it out.

Sent from my Floyo using XDA App
    Apparently there is a new heroc radio - 2.42.02.10.29 - according to the Hero CDMA CyanogenMod forum.

Does anybody know of a download link for it? I'd like to try it out.

Sent from my Floyo using XDA App

Attached, md5 is below:

f15cf77b1c08cfb1f357e2574f386f5f
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone