ALL LTE discussions here

Search This thread

Onemoa

Oct 1, 2010
Ewa Beach
LTE is better in my Home now. I only get 1 bar but it doesn't keep switching back to HSDPA.

T-Mobile really does need to put more tower's up though. Since there are still allot of places that you can't get LTE.

Other then that, once T-Mobile finishes expanding there LTE network. It will definitely be the best. I also notice that normal 4g/HPSA is back to it's normal speeds. I'm getting 14mbps down and 2 mbps up. So it is good to know that once LTE is fully set up you get your good HSPA speeds back. LTE is still spotty, just not as bad.

The only issue I find with T-Mobile is they say 2 years is to long to wait for a new phone. But if you're an existing customer and just upgraded a year ago. You need to wait another year to change your contact so you can upgrade. I find that to be BS I've been with them for 12 and a half years back before T-Mobile was T-Mobile.. So now I'm stuck on a subsidized plan paying more then the new customers and I still can't even upgrade.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

reuthermonkey

Mar 2, 2009
St. Louis
Its not officially yet here in St. Louis several area around I-44 and St. Louis City still don't have LTE and where I work I only get LTE if I am near the Interstate. They are still building the towers T-Mobile said by Thanksgiving/Christmas it will be on their website as St.Louis is LTE. Finally!!!
Saint Louis has LTE all over the place. I've been mapping the area with Sensorly and just about all over the city has LTE:
http://sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/T-Mobile/lte_310260

Grab the sensorly app from the market and help out with the mapping effort!

businesssuit

Dec 7, 2012
This is just HSPA+ coverage

Saint Louis has LTE all over the place. I've been mapping the area with Sensorly and just about all over the city has LTE:
http://sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/T-Mobile/lte_310260

Grab the sensorly app from the market and help out with the mapping effort!

You map is just HSPA+ coverage this map says 4G NOT LTE and its everywhere my home doesn't get LTE a few miles down the road is the interstate where HSPA+ then LTE will kick in.

reuthermonkey

Mar 2, 2009
St. Louis
You map is just HSPA+ coverage this map says 4G NOT LTE and its everywhere my home doesn't get LTE a few miles down the road is the interstate where HSPA+ then LTE will kick in.
*yawn*

Re-read the map there poindexter. 4g at sensorly goes by SENSORLY's definition which is that 4g = LTE. Period. Do some HSPA+ mapping yourself if you think i'm full of it. You'll see that HSPA+ shows up on the 3g map.

4g maps at sensorly = LTE.

Thanks for your 'insight' though...

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
I run sensorly all the time. I did most of the first mapping data in Spokane, Wa. as well as Tri Cities, Wa and areas east of Tacoma (all are 5mHz markets BTW). I love this stuff.

While I can't tell where your St. Louis areas specifics are, I can say that LTE gets mapped in purple and UMTS/HSPA gets mapped in green. The link indicated pops into the LTE map for tmo.

Keep mapping, it's better for everyone.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

Regulus49001

Aug 29, 2011
I did search and didn't find a similar comment so, AIO LTE is working on my t889 purchased from t mobile. Caps at 8mbps but that's fast enough for me with 7GB of data.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Septembersrain

Mar 10, 2011
San Antonio
ema6u2en.jpg
Anyone else in San Antonio getting horrible LTE speeds?

It's driving me up the wall.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Product F(RED)

Sep 6, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
ema6u2en.jpg
Anyone else in San Antonio getting horrible LTE speeds?

It's driving me up the wall.

Lately for me here in NYC (anywhere, but Brooklyn and Manhattan mainly), my LTE doesn't pass around 5 Mbps. I don't know what it is. Both on my T-Mobile Note 2 and AT&T S4 (with AWS mod). My HSPA+ speeds are like 2-3 Mbps even with the old epc.tmobile.com APN. Every once in a while I call them and they do some kind of reset on my account. Data goes back up to like 25 Mbps on LTE. But then within the same hour, they go back down. Tried fixing it twice now. It's perfectly usable, but if I'm paying for LTE, and I'm spending extra battery life being on LTE, I should be getting at LEAST 10+ Mbps.

wideasleep1

Jun 2, 2006
Still fine speeds in NorCal..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379711813682.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379711813682.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 154

yellowman82

Jun 12, 2011
Im in Pembroke Pines FL

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nice speed bro I live in Miami, FL and im on sprint but im debating on switching to T-Mobile when the note 3 is released how well is coverage in your area and in Miami that's if you travel down here? I have the note 2 but I think it was crippled so speeds sucks depending where im at so either im hoping the note 3 is a triband and it connects better to lte or im moving on to T-Mobile.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

voyagerair

Sep 16, 2013
San Jose
has anyone noticed that Samsung phone (the latest Note 2 and S4) all have fluctuating signals?
RF engineers say it's called frequency interference problem.
My coworkers and I work at the same place and all of us noticed that our phones never have stable signal even while we are not moving ....Sometimes we get full bar, sometimes get 1 or 2 or 3 or no bar at all while we're at our desks....but calls still ok,....speed test is not reliable; sometime over 24Mbs and sometimes 2.4Mbs on 4G-LTE plans.

Reactions: Septembersrain

Septembersrain

Mar 10, 2011
San Antonio
has anyone noticed that Samsung phone (the latest Note 2 and S4) all have fluctuating signals?
My coworkers and I work at the same place and all of us noticed that our phones never have stable signal even while we are not moving ....Sometimes we get full bar, sometimes get 1 or 2 or 3 or no bar at all while we're at our desks....but calls still ok,....speed test is not reliable; sometime over 24Mbs and sometimes 2.4Mbs on 4G-LTE plans.

Absolutely. I'm having that issue so hard core. @_@

My fiancé says it's due to the solar something or another.

Product F(RED)

Sep 6, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Absolutely. I'm having that issue so hard core. @_@

My fiancé says it's due to the solar something or another.

Amen, on both my T-Mobile Note 2 and AT&T S4 with AWS mod. Motorola have the best radios in their devices, bar none, but as we all know their phones kinda suck overall (aside from the Moto X).

Asquared

Mar 29, 2010

Oh, yeah, I really feel you on this one. According to OpenSignal, I live a mile or less from three T-Mobile towers. Yet, I get constant signal fluctuations, from two bars of LTE to 3G two bars. As a matter of fact, you can walk 35 feet between my bedroom and my home office in a wood frame condo and the signal varies this much! I've walked to one of the towers and gotten 25 down and 25 up for speeds right underneath the tower. Walk back to my condo (about a quarter mile away) and stand outside, and I'm back to 4G two bars. Hope this gets better with time with better ROMs, radios, etc.

Myst3ry

Jan 13, 2010
Santa Ana, CA
www.lopezfx.com
Agreed with above... Exact same place, I will get Edge, and my gf on her N4 will get HSPA (+? i dunno)... which is a shame...

Also, I have noticed more and more areas around SoCal that are getting lit up with LTE, BUT they seem to be slowing down. Yesterday i had full coverage (maybe shy of a bar) of LTE and only could pull about 3 Mbps on Speedtests.

Oh yeah, im on a T-mo Note 2, all stock, just rooted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As General is being slammed with threads on LTE I made this thread for you all discuss anything and everything LTE
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    A nice list of cities for tmobile LTE has been posted

http://www.tmonews.com/2013/05/tmobiles-next-group-of-lte-launches-rumored-for-may-and-june/

Sent from my Jedi X13 Note II using xda premium
    7umu8u2a.jpg
    Battery life is dramatically improved for me since the update. I'm already past 24 hours with 7 hours of on screen time and 30 percent left. This is with the lte still enabled. Amazing!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

It's amazing how long it will last if you keep charging it :good:
    I been with TMO for quite some time now too. I have a Sensation 4g and wife has a Note II. Im always doing comparisons with her phone when travel around my area (Warner Robins, GA). She gets around 14Mbs while the highest I got on my phone was like 6Mbs. But where we live is around 2Mbs for both phones. But anyways, I work on the Air Force base around here and basically I agree with you two..whenever I go inside a hanger or building doing whatever, I literally have to stay near the door and hopefully it has a window if not I can barely be on "E" then 5 mins later no signal. The Verizon & Sprint guys here has excellent speeds/signal that made me really want to switch a month ago (they can be anywhere in the hanger/building with no bs- I'm like OMFG while im standing in the rain to get signal, lol) but I'm waiting for S4 to see how this LTE will turn out but no idea when Atlanta GA will get it but hell I don't live there so no telling when my area will get it either :(

I have been using a TMO phone as my only phone (no landline) since 2002, so I know a little about the quality of their coverage. In the beginning it was spotty, but has been fine in all metro and suburban areas I've been through in the Los Angeles area and up and down the west coast for at least 6 or 7 years now. Also, TMO was the first (and to my knowledge) the only carrier to seamlessly integrate wifi-calling into nearly every phone they offer. Wifi calling works perfectly and is also is handling texting at the same time, so no problem with SMS either. Last 4 yrs I've been living near the mountains in a near dead-zone for cell coverage and use wifi calling every day without any problems. I would agree that Verizon & Sprint have better overall networks than TMO, but, man, you pay a small fortune for their monthly plans compared to TMO.
    Just a reminder about network speeds using Speed Test app. Your speeds will vary from test to test, time of the day and so on. The app is not that accurate. Keep in mind it is dependant on the server it is using to test download speed. You will notice it uses different servers at different times. You may get faster or slower speeds from time to time. It most likely has nothing to do with the radio you flashed or even TMO for that matter.

Its the Internet folks, it is not static... It is fluctuating all the time based on many factors usually not your freaking modem. :)

CARBON NIGHTLY | KROZ HUE THEME | CRACK FLASHER