• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

All Moto G5 2017 Tutorials in 1 Place [GUIDES]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Sep 22, 2016
Hey Everybody i found some really good tutorials whilst i was searching on youtube

The YouTube channel you linked to is called "Android Doctor" and your profile biography says "Im the Android Doctor" so it's obviously your own Youtube channel. There's nothing wrong with linking to your videos (unless it's against XDA ToS I guess:confused:) so why lie about it?

stevegtrlmk

Mar 22, 2016
Limerick
Hey Everybody im sharing a few moto g5 tutorials that will help u to unlock your bootloader then to flash twrp recovery then last but not least to Root your Moto G5 2017 so i
hope u all enjoy and by the way goodluck

1.Unlock Moto G5 Bootloader

2 Flash Twrp Recovery Then Root Moto G5 2017

3. IMPORTANT if u want to Unroot and go back to stock firmware follow this video below
Sweet thanks for the video link :good:

Reactions: madscientistdam

andyro2008

Nov 22, 2012
Rosario
So, How to change the unlocked message?

Enviado de meu Moto G5 usando Tapatalk
Only the message for only cosmetic purposes? You need a modified boot animation. So far is not available for the G5. Only for the G5+.

But the device still will be out of warranty.

The warranty is lost in the very momento that your ask for the unlock code in the Moto website, even if you don't make use of it to unlock your device.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (5) mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: jcbotelho

Martin Clayton

Dec 19, 2017
Great Tutorials

having never flashed an Android phone before i,ve watched your videos one at a time ,then viewed again until I felt confident in my knowledge and then with careful slow steps pausing your tutorials as I went ,I can report a total success on rooting my G5 ,removing the bootloader warning ,installing substratum themes aswell as your steps for tweaking .
I just wanted to pass on my gratitude and thanks for your advice , It is easy if you are patient and absorb all info given .:D:D

Sujeet111

Mar 28, 2018
i got rooted my g5 but due to some reason i had to give service center and they replaced the twrp recovery to their stock
so i want twrp (phone is still unlocked but when i tried normal method it doer not detect my phone) back can you guide me

Last edited:

giri45

Sep 21, 2017
Hey guys in my case, I bricked my phone and it was not able to boot. Because I flashed the poly os Oreo zip file from sorceforge.net which is under development. But when I went to the service center, I told them that my phone was not booting, they didn't ask me anything and said we will check and let you know. After one hour they told me your handset is dead. They replaced the motherboard free of cost. I don't know how this is possible, because I unlocked the bootloader' and flashed the twrp.

freeZbies

Dec 2, 2013
Hey guys in my case, I bricked my phone and it was not able to boot. Because I flashed the poly os Oreo zip file from sorceforge.net which is under development. But when I went to the service center, I told them that my phone was not booting, they didn't ask me anything and said we will check and let you know. After one hour they told me your handset is dead. They replaced the motherboard free of cost. I don't know how this is possible, because I unlocked the bootloader' and flashed the twrp.
They probably couldn't even identify the reason you had the phone not booting. I also think it's improbable here in my country they will check if your phone was unlocked or not unless your phone is booting for them to see. In other words if the phone doesn't boot at all and if it doesn't show any sign when connected to USB or whatever methods they have to see if your phone is booting, they will replace it.

I'm pretty sure however, that motorola keeps records of the phones which required the unlock code, and I doubt very much that in the United States they would not check it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts