All my music and pictures on my Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite is randomly removed all the time, how can I solve this?

Search This thread

User699

Feb 28, 2021
Yes, exactly
GDrive downloads them into Downloads folder
Well... can we do an experiment?
Download some files with GDrive.
Then disable GDrive using your settings or adb
Code:
adb shell pm disable --user 0 com.google.drive
(don't know the correct package name, double check with your package name please)

If your files still disappear GDrive isn't the cause.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
All my pictures are in the .jpg format
Meaning you could have one or more with hidden malicious scripts.
png files can also be alter to similar ends.
No definition may exist or they may elude viral scans.
The two I encountered were easily spotted because of the circumstances but had they not been, they would have become hard to find.
Try a test run where you only download jpegs that you shot. See if they stick.
The tainted jpegs I encountered had triggers; just downloading them didn't cause anything to happen. If you deleted the email in Outlook that contained the jpeg, boom that was the trigger or with the recent Android one the trigger was if you opened it to view it.

Music and video files have the potential to harbor malware I would think but I've never encountered any.
Welcome to the wild, wild world of Android, the thrill of victory and the agony of delect🤣

renzofilini

Apr 4, 2021
I've a Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite, but all my music and pictures get randomly removed all the time and then I need to download them again.
I don't remove them myself for clarity.
I guess the cleaner app removes it but there is no option to add them to exceptions and there is also no option to turn off auto clean.
This is a very annoying problem and I'm tired to download all my music and pictures over and over again so how can I solve this?
I have the same problem on pictures downloaded, please see my blog, i wrote an article on this issue:

Bye.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Uninstall or disable cleaning app... you really need to play with your device more.
    That cleaner app sounds more like malware🤣
    I've a Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite, but all my music and pictures get randomly removed all the time and then I need to download them again.
    I don't remove them myself for clarity.
    I guess the cleaner app removes it but there is no option to add them to exceptions and there is also no option to turn off auto clean.
    This is a very annoying problem and I'm tired to download all my music and pictures over and over again so how can I solve this?
    Maybe your device has something like "storage manager" active?
    Go into settings and then storage, see if you find something suspicious.
    Uninstall or disable cleaning app... you really need to play with your device more.
    That cleaner app sounds more like malware🤣
    I've found out that Cleaner is useless and is just a waste of space so I removed it.
    I hope my problem is solved.
    Removing Cleaner didn't solve my problem.
    I download my music from Google Drive and all music downloaded from there is gone now.
    The songs that I didn't download from Google Drive aren't removed.
    The most of the pictures are removed too, but some didn't.
    Well If so, have a look at gdrives settings.
    Also: Are gdrive files in another folder than those not being removed?
    Could be malware... you know odd behavior.
    The OS or an app may have been corrupted.
    A factory reset be a good idea at this point.
    Self destructing files aren't normal.

Is it just Google stuff that's vaporizing?
    If so maybe deleting/recreating your Google account might solve it.
    I'm leaning towards a full nuke of that OS though.

I don't trust Google with any of my data management other than Gmail. I backup and load everything from the SD card, flash stick and hdds.