ALL NEW! Tool Unpack Repack system.new.dat system.img For Windows v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Diablosss

Apr 16, 2006
There many ways to convert file_context.bin to old file_context. But I tested on 2 Phones with Nougat . Its unpack and repack success. But if flash repacked system.img to device - if stuck on logo only. Even if not did any modifications in system.img.
So this will not work with nougat

Tecalote

Aug 6, 2015
Leipzig
Honor Magic4 Pro
Last edited:

chiwawa10

Sep 19, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
How do you guys managed to repack the system.img? I tried unpacking and it did succeeded. However, even leaving it untouched. I am not able to repack the system.img. I left the files that were unpacked in the same folder without any modification. Am I missing some file(s)?

mohsinajmal25

Jul 31, 2016
After repacking the modified system.img (I just added superuser.apk to system partition) my phone gets stuck in a bootloop ... any solution to the problem?

dunhill_

Jan 12, 2011
Sorry for my English
I am newbie and I am trying to make new custom rom for my Galaxy A5-2017 (SM-A520F/DS)
The system.img was extracted from TAR file by 7-zip under Windows 7 32bit. Then I used this tool (32 bit) to unpack but got error as picture.
Does any body could help me to solve it. Thanks in advanced.
8Zjamb.png

nclwz

May 3, 2017
Sorry for my English
I am newbie and I am trying to make new custom rom for my Galaxy A5-2017 (SM-A520F/DS)
The system.img was extracted from TAR file by 7-zip under Windows 7 32bit. Then I used this tool (32 bit) to unpack but got error as picture.
Does any body could help me to solve it. Thanks in advanced.
8Zjamb.png

I turn off anti-virus software after
It works fine

Reactions: dunhill_

Net_Spy

May 16, 2013
Can this tool unpack the sumsang stock roms too? if not what then what tool will unpack and repack the stock system img for samsung .

Regards
Net_Spy

physicistman

Dec 17, 2014
Austin
Android Wear.

I am somewhat new to Android Wear and I was attempting to use your program (along with others) and was unsure of the method of which your application uses to extract the image. I have a system.new.dat file along with the system.transfer.list file that is usually needed to turn it into a system folder (extract the image), but using your application I will always get failures. I see that it supports Android M, but do not see Android N and I am not sure whether that is where the failure lies or the fact that Android Wear uses squashfs, which may not work with the specific method within this program to extract the image. So I am asking if anyone can give clarification to any of my questions regarding this.
1. Does this application work with Android 7.1.1?
2. Does this application unpack squashfs based images?
3. Has anyone tried this application with any Android Wear dat files?

After trying multiple times I found I can close both windows just when the imgextractor.exe error pops up, as long as that is done you have an image file to work with that you can copy, it doesn't solve all problems, but it gives me an image file that then I could use the unsquashfs tools. I am almost certain that this specific program cannot handle the squashfs image and that is where the error comes in, so if you are attempting to unpack an android wear dat file, you can use this, but it will not unpack the image, that will require the squashfs tools within linux.

Last edited:

rayman95

Jan 14, 2009
monaco
Google Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
got problem to repack not to extract....with V3
System_Unpack\file_contexts: No such file or directory
have extract a 7.1.2 crdroid for N9005 and got in system unpack folder all folders...I modify and remove some of them in app and priv-app but when I try to repack got this error message..I left all files in system unpack and lauch program and type option 2, but got error message and the system repack finish is still empty....
any idea, anyway thanks fot the program

leonardoaraujo

Feb 17, 2009
Belo Horizonte
Hello!!

I have this working on windows 10 (64b), this is great, I wanted to delete some applications from "system / app", but when I re-install system.img, does the app come back? I forgot something ??

Camlin3

Jun 28, 2016
Update the thread & app ,it is necessary to add SYSTEM.TRANSFER.LIST into Input_Dat Directory.

moldis

May 14, 2016
Tried to unpack img and pack again, without any changes. Overall after repack system.img was bigger then original. Then tried to flash device with Flash Tool - got Checksum issue. Removed checksum.ini -> flash device -> success flashed, but phone stuck on bootloader (become brick).
What i am doing wrong ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts