• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

All sensors not working after android update, please help me.

Search This thread

AjitBharat

Sep 22, 2013
Suggestions

I would say, Go for the update if you are under warranty.

This is a hardware issue and this just manifested itself during update.
So update the phone , take your chances IF YOU ARE UNDER WARRANTY and claim the repair.

If you are NOT under warranty, take this to SHAMEung service center and ask them to do the update for you.
They may charge you INR 250rs approx but their responsibility is theirs.

Just as a side note
My sisters Galaxy S7 Edge (that we brought together with my s8) also conked off .... now faced with the infamous "Green screen"
Waiting to send both these trashes back to SHAMEsung middle east

vickysenthil

Apr 27, 2018
To all users having the above issue, i was having the same issue. bought in UAE, its solely becoz of the samsung update with different region. i sent it to UAE via one person, repaired( they flashed oreo) and its working fine. What i will suggest simply dont update if you buy it outside the region you live.

zubairx

Mar 8, 2012
To all users having the above issue, i was having the same issue. bought in UAE, its solely becoz of the samsung update with different region. i sent it to UAE via one person, repaired( they flashed oreo) and its working fine. What i will suggest simply dont update if you buy it outside the region you live.

Can you please write in detail about your problem and Solution of Galaxy S8 sensor problem,because I have too this problem in my device,I have Indian handset.Thanks in advance.

BeToven

Jul 18, 2007

That cannot be true. You receive the updates based on you firmware version and original zone of the firmware, not based on the loction you have the phone in that moment!

Mine just went to samsung to repair (in the same zone I got the phone) and they replaced:

- IC GPS receiver,
- MEA ETC-CS, IF SUB PBA,
- A/S REWORK KIT-T
- SVC PBA-MAIN (COMM)

NOTE. They tried before flashing only the firmware, didn't work, That is why what you say makes no sense.

Reactions: IronRoo

coolsongs95

Feb 5, 2013
downloadapkpaid.blogspot.com
Hey everyone I'm facing the same problem. All sensors stoped working but they were working before on 7.1.1 and i updated my device to oreo and realized all sensors stoped
Then i got another updated for about 900mb i thought maybe this update will fix them and also that update said tha after updating the user cannot downgrade to nougat but after updating the problem still exsist. Please if anyone can help i also try to flash same oreo firmware with odin but doesn't fixed the sensors

pkk_84

Sep 12, 2016
Chennai
Same issue, No sensor works and Motherboard replacement is the solution

Hello All,

Am facing the same exact problem. Samsung service center is carrying out Motherboard replacement under warranty.

As a warning, they do add a disclaimer that back glass may turn to different color due to the heating process involved while removing the rear glass. Shame on Samsung.

:confused:

Cheers,
Karthik

Reactions: IronRoo

Nics1234

Oct 12, 2018
I also have the same problem. I have s7 edge, and suddenly all sensors are gone after the update. I hope someone knows how to solve this problem and please let me know. Thank you

IronRoo

Aug 4, 2014
Any update regarding the sensor fix?

Seems like some components & PCB need to be replaced as damaged after update, at least on the S8. But if it's happening on the S7 & S9 as well this suggests to me some issue with update procedure damaging the component in some way, so a design/update issue. Several threads report Samsung replacing parts.

Reactions: thezibrail

IPETRY

Nov 22, 2018
After update, rotation (accelerometer) and other sensors are not working. 

After Gear Vr attempt, all sensors came back to life!!!

But stopped again after one week.
Now they are not working, in the sensors test page (using the code) they are not working, gyro and acelerometer, but in the Gear Vr they work... I can play games without problem.

Software problem!!! 100%

Samsung please search the problem in the code for us, im already looking for iphones, but I like the s8+ if it works...

thezibrail

Jul 7, 2013
It's a pretty big issue. But Samsung is totally silent about it. First I thought it is a sporadic issue. Then I saw a number of threads complaining about it. While, Samsung, the culprit, is busy promoting s9, s10 etc. Someday in near future, they will start ignoring the same for their upcoming flagships. Once a company sees the profit, they can totally ignore the minority complain.
Why the hell I didn't go with the cheap Chinese phones in the first place:rolleyes:

jayloofah

Apr 30, 2018
Is there anyone who has had success in downgrading or fixing this seemingly software related issue?

den628992533100

Oct 24, 2021
Hello everyone. I have a problem with the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge. I use custom rom pixel exprience. the brightness of the screen doesn't seem to work at all. Maybe there are experts who can help, I'm very grateful. Sorry my English is bad
Screenshot_20211025-020130_Chrome.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone, has anyone had a problem with FIRMWARE (PDA) G950FXXU1AQK7 (CSC) G950FOXM1AQK7 ??? As for the sensors being frozen via test * # 0 * # (sensors) ?? Inside the test area all sensors are apparently off (pictured), iris sensor, light sensor, proximity sensor, heart rate sensor, magnetic sensor, accelerometer sensor and barometer.

Just as a form of curiosity, I own a Galaxy S8 (SM-G950FD) and this problem occurred after this update, a friend of mine owns a Galaxy S7 Edge and has the same sensor problems less the iris in case not have, of course , at first I thought it had been hardware, but I already suspected that the device with less than 15 days of use, without having taken any fall or something, I did not find any comment in any Brazilian forum, I am almost certain to be problems of software, I will download an older firmware and install it to try to fix this problem.
    Thank you in advance.

Almost positive I know what this is, I encountered it regularly when testing firmware and potential root methods. Several parts of your firmware must be at the same version or if they are not, this is the exact failure mode I would encounter.

Flashing a new entire firmware, and flashing every file (BL, AP, CP, CSC) and not skipping any parts. If things work after this was your problem
    Hello everyone, has anyone had a problem with FIRMWARE (PDA) G950FXXU1AQK7 (CSC) G950FOXM1AQK7 ??? As for the sensors being frozen via test * # 0 * # (sensors) ?? Inside the test area all sensors are apparently off (pictured), iris sensor, light sensor, proximity sensor, heart rate sensor, magnetic sensor, accelerometer sensor and barometer.
    https%3A%2F%2Fpreview.ibb.co%2FkvpUta%2FScreenshot_20170907_223216.png

Just as a form of curiosity, I own a Galaxy S8 (SM-G950FD) and this problem occurred after this update, a friend of mine owns a Galaxy S7 Edge and has the same sensor problems less the iris in case not have, of course , at first I thought it had been hardware, but I already suspected that the device with less than 15 days of use, without having taken any fall or something, I did not find any comment in any Brazilian forum, I am almost certain to be problems of software, I will download an older firmware and install it to try to fix this problem.
    Thank you in advance.

You could try wiping caches and a factory reset first . But make sure if you are on the u2 bootloader.Do not try to downgrade firmware with the u1 bootloader.
    Hello, TheMadScientist, I have already performed this cache cleaning procedure and reset to factory defaults, but to no avail. When you refer to bootloader u1 or u2 would be what? Tnks

This is an example of a firmware not yours but one G950USQU1 Take notice to the U1 in it The newer Firmws have a U2 in this place and cannot be downgraded
    You can look in about phone and software info for firmware version listed under biuld number or build info
    This is an example of a firmware not yours but one G950USQU1 Take notice to the U1 in it The newer Firmws have a U2 in this place and cannot be downgraded
    You can look in about phone and software info for firmware version listed under biuld number or build info

Ah, I understood, thank you very much for the tip! Have you ever seen someone with a problem like the one I'm in on my S8? I am very interested to solve all this as soon as possible!
    Any update regarding the sensor fix?

Seems like some components & PCB need to be replaced as damaged after update, at least on the S8. But if it's happening on the S7 & S9 as well this suggests to me some issue with update procedure damaging the component in some way, so a design/update issue. Several threads report Samsung replacing parts.