[ALL VARIANTS] Restore back to stock firmware

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Few people asked me how to go back to stock from CM so here's a guide.
NOTE: I tested it only on ZE551KL and TWRP me & luca released.

Instructions :

1. Download back2stock package.
  2. Download firmware for your device: https://asus.kremowka.xyz.
  3. Extract ASUS firmware and put boot.img, system.new.dat, system.patch.dat, system.transfer.list, file_contexts from it inside of back2stock.zip package.
  4. Flash back2stock.zip in TWRP.
  5. Do a factory reset.

Last edited:

atifjay

Nov 26, 2013
Patna
Very helpful for our guys getting error 7 like situation on flashing stock package via twrp

beenkenobee

Jun 14, 2010
Moto G Power
has anyone found the V1.17.40.1234 (WW) firmware for the ze551kl?
i received the update yesterday on the phone but can't find the d/l anywhere.

thadirector

Nov 22, 2009
Thanks for posting this procedure. However, after I followed your directions, my phone is stuck on the ASUS screen. The screen is animated but it appears to be stuck after 20+ minutes. Any tips?

thadirector

Nov 22, 2009
That's weird. Are you sure you added all required files (especially file_contexts)?
BTW what is your model name? Have you tried older firmware files?

I added all of the files as per the directions. Additionally, I am using the ZE551KL model. I only tried using the V1.16.40.763 (WW) version of the firmware. I will try another version and report back on how it works. Thanks for the suggestion and the help.

zezinhocrack

Oct 27, 2009
São Paulo
That's weird. Are you sure you added all required files (especially file_contexts)?
BTW what is your model name? Have you tried older firmware files?

" **** of the galaxy ," if this method were that simple , create custom rom from the stock firmware , it would be extremely simple , I believe you can go further and overcome with the update script

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
" **** of the galaxy ," if this method were that simple , create custom rom from the stock firmware , it would be extremely simple , I believe you can go further and overcome with the update script
Umm, there's no reason of making it any different. If you want you could use sdat2img.py to generate system.img and just dd it but there's no point.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

zezinhocrack

Oct 27, 2009
São Paulo
Umm, there's no reason of making it any different. If you want you could use sdat2img.py to generate system.img and just dd it but there's no point.

I tested this method , so does what the user @ thadirector reports , the device is frozen in the asus logo and the system does not start , the last alternative is left and flashing system folder decompress, but I have no skills to create symlink / set_metadata

Reactions: thadirector

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
I tested this method , so does what the user @ thadirector reports , the device is frozen in the asus logo and the system does not start , the last alternative is left and flashing system folder decompress, but I have no skills to create symlink / set_metadata
Join #titandev @ freenode. I'll try to help ya.

zezinhocrack

Oct 27, 2009
São Paulo

See if you can help :

using your script or below , in both system is recorded very quickly , noting that the stock version with some app removed reaches 3GB unzipped, the TWRP makes every step of recording without mistakes and do the flash suspersu , the TWRP informs that the system is without su installed, yet the machine after restart is frozen in asus logo

Other script i have tested

ui_print("--> ZD551KL Z00T-WW-1.15.40.1238");
ui_print("--> ****************************");
ui_print("--> Mounting system");
set_progress(0.02);
unmount("/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system", "/system");
ui_print("--> Formating system");
delete_recursive("/system");

ui_print("--> Install New System...");
package_extract_file("system.img", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system");

ui_print("--> Flashing kernel...");
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot");

unmount("/system");

ui_print(" ");
ui_print("Finished");
ui_print(" ");

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
See if you can help :

using your script or below , in both system is recorded very quickly , noting that the stock version with some app removed reaches 3GB unzipped, the TWRP makes every step of recording without mistakes and do the flash suspersu , the TWRP informs that the system is without su installed, yet the machine after restart is frozen in asus logo

Other script i have tested

ui_print("--> ZD551KL Z00T-WW-1.15.40.1238");
ui_print("--> ****************************");
ui_print("--> Mounting system");
set_progress(0.02);
unmount("/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system", "/system");
ui_print("--> Formating system");
delete_recursive("/system");

ui_print("--> Install New System...");
package_extract_file("system.img", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system");

ui_print("--> Flashing kernel...");
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot");

unmount("/system");

ui_print(" ");
ui_print("Finished");
ui_print(" ");

I don't really care what other script did you use. Just join IRC so I can actually help you.

EDIT: I don't see you on IRC 30 mins later so have fun figuring it out yourself. Good luck.

Last edited:

caudisio

Jan 4, 2012
Hello, I tried to flash in ze551kl, put the files in the root directory, I flashed the back to stock zip file, wipe data, caché, dalvik caché and start again in cm 13. I see that you say format factory system, do I from cm13 or from twrp?
Sorry for my English, hope you could understand...

Top Liked Posts