[ALL Variants] Update / Restore to Stock your LG G3

Search This thread

wolfgart

Sep 14, 2007
Rome
Here you find my new hosting space, where you'll find any Original Stuff needed to restore, for any variant...(wait if you still not find yours ;) )

FOLLOW this guide and Steps http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2475045 but using G3 files, sure ;)

p.s. Disconnect usb cable only when you see TEST 3 image on G3 (it could be 4/5 minutes before you see it) - remove battery, and restart G3.

Flashtool (last Version)

Driver

if you rehost this job in other places (for viet guys) write real source

Donate a Beer if you want to support always updated repository FW

Last edited:

Lostatsea23

Apr 13, 2014
Anyone know why the d855 doesnt show the LTE bands in the service menu like the Korean variant?

mariotme

Feb 7, 2011
Amman
May i ask if the tut posted is the same as this?

jesa5y5u.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

overon37

Nov 24, 2011
Moon
i did it...
is normal to have apps from orange, like antivirus? and more... and other companys, and amazon.....

thx really nice

Last edited:

Jan 4, 2013
Yes indeed :)

Dowloaded the .kdz file put G3 in DL mode, plugged into PC, used device manager to change port from whatever it was to 41, loaded the .kdz into LG Flash Tool 2014, used "CSE flash" left all other settings as they were and started it going..... took about 5mins and badabadabing brand new G3 again :)

Fauert

Mar 5, 2011

Dowloaded the .kdz file put G3 in DL mode, plugged into PC, used device manager to change port from whatever it was to 41, loaded the .kdz into LG Flash Tool 2014, used "CSE flash" left all other settings as they were and started it going..... took about 5mins and badabadabing brand new G3 again :)

Hiii, thats extreme GOOOOD News :)

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jan 4, 2013
Glad I could help you :) but yeah worked like a charm. Seems the dev on this phone is coming along steadily as the cwm style recovery from the Chinese forum worked fine on d855 also. Just wanting, twrp cyanogen/aosp and a oc kernel now :)

tHoMaS-1

Jun 11, 2011
Hey guys,

I am new to LG devices.

Does this also work on branded devices (G3 16GB vodafone branding)?

Thanks in advance.

Jan 4, 2013
should do, you might loose Vodafone boot-screen or any Vodafone bloat.... neither of which are bad

as long as you have a D855 16GB UK G3 you should be fine

Reactions: tHoMaS-1

tHoMaS-1

Jun 11, 2011
That's my goal ;)
My G3 will be a DE version I think. Shipping mid July. Should be fine too?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here you find my new hosting space, where you'll find any Original Stuff needed to restore, for any variant...(wait if you still not find yours ;) )

FOLLOW this guide and Steps http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2475045 but using G3 files, sure ;)

p.s. Disconnect usb cable only when you see TEST 3 image on G3 (it could be 4/5 minutes before you see it) - remove battery, and restart G3.

Flashtool (last Version)

Driver

if you rehost this job in other places (for viet guys) write real source

Donate a Beer if you want to support always updated repository FW
    Sprint uses tot. We have to use the tot method, but we're getting stuck...

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

So now I'm getting stuck at the "FBOOT check" at 89%

mine gets stuck at 94% reboots to blue screen and red number 2. shortly flash tool will say it failed. fail to open port. really pissing me off now

Tried flashing the Sprint firmware but stuck with the below screen. anyone got the phone booted up from this screen. Plz do let me know. Thanks.

EDIT: I got the phone booted back up. Did a alot of browsing and found this post. The only difference is that we had to select Board DL in the flash tool. Then flash like you normally do. After the flash it will reboot and take you to AAT Mini OS 3.1 screen rather than the Factory Reset status 2 screen which we always used to get. Once here keep holding the power button and the click on the " normal boot (+power) " option. It will reboot and the phone will boot normally. Hope this helps guys. :)

Kindly press" Thanks" if i have helped :D
    any possibility you can make a better tutorial?

Here is my step by step I did to restore my verizon g3.
    Downloaded the Flashtool and drivers (i already had the drivers installed from rooting) in the OP
    Then clicke on HERE, in the OP to get my two files.
    I created a new folder on my desktop and named it restore G3.
    So for the verizon model i had 4 files. Drivers, Setup_LGFlashTool, LGVS985_20140620_LGFLASHv160_Download, and VS98510B_03.
    Install drivers, extract setup_lgflashtool, LGVS985_20140620_LGFLASHv160_Download, and VS98510B_03.
    Now in the Setup_LGFlashTool folder you need to run the Setup_LGFlashTool_1.8.6.527. Once I installed it I went to my (C: drive and opened my LG folder and replaced the MegaLock.dll with the one that came with the Setup_LGFlashTool.
    Then enter download mode and change port to (com41)
    Open the flash tool and check manual mode and the three dots by DLL click that and add LGVS985_20140620_LGFLASHv160.dll
    click the add button and put the VS98510B_03.tot
    Hit the yellow arrow then once it says ready unplug usb for 5 seconds and plug back in.
    Then, as stated in the OP, once you see the BIG 3 on your phone unplug and do a battery pull.
    Hope this helps
    :)

edited the first Post with hosting good news....

;)