[All XDA Members] Requests to Moderators and Admins

Search This thread

mailm

Jul 12, 2012
I did not read the link provided, but I am guessing that the poster meant the whole thread, not just the current page.

That's right... :good:

---------- Post added at 06:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

I understand but unfortunately it's not possible. The best way is to change settings to show 50 posts per page and use Chrome (or similar) to "print" and "save as" pdf :good:
I understand.
Thanks for your time...

Janzomaster

May 25, 2010
Hi,

I'm trying to change my password on xda to a more secure one. When I enter the new password, I get logged out immediately and can't login with the old or new password and have to request a new password.
I think this might because of the special characters I used in the password.
The xda-forum should check for illegal characters and warn about them and not just "break" the login.

These are the passwords I tried (not my current password here or anywhere, created new just for xda, won't be used in the future):
Code:
b#).rSöp2ilJ3XjqbIE'
b#).rSöp2ilJ3XjqbIE?
note: the last character on the first password should be a oblique single quotation mark as in "á"

Reactions: coal686 and Neo
D

Darth

Hi,

I'm trying to change my password on xda to a more secure one. When I enter the new password, I get logged out immediately and can't login with the old or new password and have to request a new password.
The xda-forum should check for illegal characters and warn about them and not just "break" the login.

These are the passwords I tried (not my current password here or anywhere, created new just for xda, won't be used in the future):

note: the last character on the first password should be a oblique single quotation mark as in "á"
Will pass this along. :good:

I've never seen this brought up before, so likely not many are trying such an elaborate password.

And, whyyyyyyyyyy so complicated? Why not keep it easy to remember, like "passw0rd"? It's both brilliant and fool proof. (see, the o is a zero. Boom!) :cowboy:

FSadino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Oct 27, 2011
Blue River City
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
Will pass this along. :good:

I've never seen this brought up before, so likely not many are trying such an elaborate password.

And, whyyyyyyyyyy so complicated? Why not keep it easy to remember, like "passw0rd"? It's both brilliant and fool proof. (see, the o is a zero. Boom!) :cowboy:

Good... You shared my pass and i can't change it cos I'm on mobile... Well done Darth!!

Neo

Sr Mod / Mod Committee / The One / Free Your Mind
Staff member
Aug 4, 2011
The Matrix
Hi,

Code:
b#).rSöp2ilJ3XjqbIE'
b#).rSöp2ilJ3XjqbIE?
I'm willing to bet it's tripping up on both ö and á. Quite an interesting situation.

coal686

Senior Moderator / Developer Rel. / Mod Liaison
Staff member
Apr 13, 2012
Tampa-ish, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
DAMN! thats not your passw0rd...;) maybe "pa55w0rd"? ... oooo... just realised... "glass houses"....
giphy.gif

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
What happened to the XDA University website? The one that had the different topics, such as: "for users" or "for developers" and such?

All I get now when I do a search is a bunch of threads that appear to be ET threads tagged to XDA University.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

SacredDeviL666

Retired Senior Moderator - May You Rest in Peace -
Sep 11, 2008
¤No Man's Land¤
What happened to the XDA University website? The one that had the different topics, such as: "for users" or "for developers" and such?

All I get now when I do a search is a bunch of threads that appear to be ET threads tagged to XDA University.

I could get to this https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/xda-university and its not a ET thread.

got it from https://www.xda-developers.com/xda-university-getting-started/

Hopefully this is what you are looking for you.

http://xda-university.com doesn't get me anywhere either.

I've pinged our admin to see if he is got more details.

Last edited:
Reactions: xunholyx

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
I could get to this https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/xda-university and its not a ET thread.

got it from https://www.xda-developers.com/xda-university-getting-started/

Hopefully this is what you are looking for you.

http://xda-university.com/as-a-user/a-new-users-guide-to-xda-developers gives me a dead link redirected.
No, unfortunately, I checked those out also, I thoroughly searched before posting, all I ever found were links that led to XDA threads or XDA articles. None lead to the content that I'm talking about, it has been 2-3 years, I guess the content I used in the past is no longer available, things change, sites/servers are dropped as a by product.

SacredDeviL666

Retired Senior Moderator - May You Rest in Peace -
Sep 11, 2008
¤No Man's Land¤
No, unfortunately, I checked those out also, I thoroughly searched before posting, all I ever found were links that led to XDA threads or XDA articles. None lead to the content that I'm talking about, it has been 2-3 years, I guess the content I used in the past is no longer available, things change, sites/servers are dropped as a by product.

Oh.. Sorry.

I have passed this onto our Admin, maybe he can shed light on what happened.

Edit:- Admin confirmed that the site was pulled off. Sorry for that. Only reference remaining is Xda university forum.

Last edited:

boborone

Nov 28, 2009
Great country of Texas
bfy.tw
I haven't logged in a bit, site is running slow and clunky as hell and this is the second such ad I've seen in maybe 5 pages I've clicked. Uses xda orange and click me button. What's going on guys?

Attachments

• 15444993720696285553802037746965.jpg
    15444993720696285553802037746965.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 90

boborone

Nov 28, 2009
Great country of Texas
bfy.tw
Yeah, it's not an intrusive ad, doesn't popup, or have sound. Which is what that thread was created for. Just a general what's up with the forum guys post. Forums are aren't intuitive to navigate, my notifications won't disappear, it's slow as molasses uphill, general search (haven't tried search in thread) is borked and doesn't show any results. Are the forums long dead and forgotten about and just a backend project for front page news? What's up? What happens to this place?

Also, oh hey, long time no see.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
Yeah, it's not an intrusive ad, doesn't popup, or have sound. Which is what that thread was created for. Just a general what's up with the forum guys post. Forums are aren't intuitive to navigate, my notifications won't disappear, it's slow as molasses uphill, general search (haven't tried search in thread) is borked and doesn't show any results. Are the forums long dead and forgotten about and just a backend project for front page news? What's up? What happens to this place?

Go have a look around and you will see what happened.

Long time no see

Reactions: boborone

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Jan 30, 2006
NSW, Australia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

There's a name I haven't seen for a long time.

The header was only just replaced a few days ago...and was abit of a fail. Not sure why it was rushed through, but ot's not working as intended. It'll hopefully be resolved soon. This is why navigation might seema little weird.

Speed, I don't really have an issue.

Search works fine for me. Are you using the "smart" search or regular forum search?You can still use the regular search here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/search.php?

Forums certainly aren't dead or forgotten about.

Reactions: boborone

boborone

Nov 28, 2009
Great country of Texas
bfy.tw
There's a name I haven't seen for a long time.

The header was only just replaced a few days ago...and was abit of a fail. Not sure why it was rushed through, but ot's not working as intended. It'll hopefully be resolved soon. This is why navigation might seema little weird.

Speed, I don't really have an issue.

Search works fine for me. Are you using the "smart" search or regular forum search?You can still use the regular search here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/search.php?

Forums certainly aren't dead or forgotten about.

I'll dig around on the search and give better feedback. On desktop, I can click on something and about 7 seconds later it will start to navigate to the page. Using chrome and don't get any indications I've clicked at all.

My notifications won't leave. Post quote notifications specifically. Clicking the notification, clicking on the posts, viewing the thread, nothing has worked. The number just climbs.

And having a bit of formatting issue I noticed just now if I view on mobile. I don't have desktop enabled, but it is defaulting to it, and the notifications if viewed by clicking my avatar is off.

Was worried for a sec when I saw zelendel's title. I see it's all good now that I see yours.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181211-022924_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181211-022924_Chrome.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20181211-023549_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181211-023549_Chrome.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 48

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Go have a look around and you will see what happened.

Long time no see
With the way OEMs are getting more and more secure and modding gets more and more difficult, the numbers of members just looking to customize their devices will likely dwindle. I suspect that XDA will revert to its original role as a developer exclusive site instead of a public forum full of people looking for root and ROMs.

paolocorpo

Jan 9, 2013
Sassoferrato
Dear developers of this web site,
I noted an update few days ago
I have some notes about it here
-I cannot find the button to view my subscribed posts
-I cannot find my profile (for instance I would like change my signature or other)
Thanks
Paolo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rather than sending a PM to an individual Moderator, please feel free to ask questions in need of Moderator or Admin assistance. We will all be monitoring this thread, and someone will reply without much delay. In order to hopefully address some of the possible questions, please review the following points which frequently come up:

• Username Change - Send a PM to either MikeChannon or the_scotsman in the first instance. Be sure to include what you would like your name changed to, and also why you want it changed. Providing that information in the initial PM will save us a reply asking for it. There is no official limit on name changes, but keep it reasonable or you'll be stuck.
    • New Forum Requests
    • Operator or Country Flag Incorrect/Missing
    • Tapatalk XDA App Issues
    • Unable to thank anyone in the Off Topic forum - The Thanks button has been disabled in OT.
    • Large Signatures - Come across a member with an exceptionally large signature? Use the RP system and select "Other - Non-urgent" from the dropdown.

If you are not a moderator or admin on the forums, please do NOT respond to any posts in the thread. This includes the incredibly tempting reply to a 10 post spammer pointing out that they're about to lose what posts the do have. Given the overall size of XDA and potential ramifications, we need to ensure that only people authorized to speak on our behalf do so. Please, and thank you in advance.

This thread hereby replaces (requests) From the Users to the Mods & Admins, which has been closed and archived. There will be zero tolerance for off topic posting in here. Regardless of forum reputation, warnings and/or infractions will be issued to anyone disregarding such a simple request. There will also be no flaming of members posting in here. Report it, and move along.
    Last 3-4 of my 6 post reports have been dismissed without even getting "review"ed (I checked back the post by clicking on "report post" button and it doesnt even show "this post has been reported" notice). What could be reason to this? I want to think that it is not personal...

They were reviewed. Sometimes moderators take no action, as they think that none is required. It's not personal, don't worry about it :)
    Last 3-4 of my 6 post reports have been dismissed without even getting "review"ed (I checked back the post by clicking on "report post" button and it doesnt even show "this post has been reported" notice). What could be reason to this? I want to think that it is not personal...
    Hello and thank you for the forum! I can't add to My Devices that I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4A. A bug in the forum software?
    I am unable to private message anyone on xda website, only the option to send by email.

What do you mean?

What way are you trying to send a Private message?

You can go to your PM Inbox and New Private Message, and send a PM to anyone.

But if you click on someone's username in the forums, and you don't see the Private Message option, that person has disabled allowing other members to send them a PM.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone