Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
From From eh... Belgium!
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
Really, Oh thanks then. (y)

Who does that? :LOL:

I said:
"I mean the bump we all leave indicating you don't know an answer but is hoping that the OP get an answer usually looks like this"
I hope no one does that, it was hypothetical 😬
Well yeah, posts like that seem fair enough, it's all part of a healthy discussion. Question threads are usually not as busy as development threads anyway.

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
ok then ; great job mods & admins. very much appreciate your time , knowledge and professionalism.:good:

Last edited:

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Taken from another thread.
...snip...
I assumed your permission and have edited your post in question i.e. I used thumbnails and placed them into a spoiler additionally.
...snip...
Are thumbnails turned off using permissions for some? If so, I think it should be the other way around. ie default to thumbnails, and if anything a full image should be controlled by permissions.[/USER][/QUOTE]

Oswald Boelcke

Staff member
Taken from another thread.

Are thumbnails turned off using permissions for some? If so, I think it should be the other way around. ie default to thumbnails, and if anything a full image should be controlled by permissions.[/USER]
Not that I know that thumbnails would be turned of to somebody. And I've never recognised that anything is defaulted; neither full imgae nor thumbnail. Maybe I do something wrong but if I want an attached image to appear in my post I've to manually and expressively select either full image or thumbnail. However, allow me this restraint: I'm only talking browser as I've never used the app; don't know how it's there.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Not that I know that thumbnails would be turned of to somebody. And I've never recognised that anything is defaulted; neither full imgae nor thumbnail. Maybe I do something wrong but if I want an attached image to appear in my post I've to manually and expressively select either full image or thumbnail. However, allow me this restraint: I'm only talking browser as I've never used the app; don't know how it's there.
I have only used the browser also. I checked, and in the browser, the top option is Thumbnail. So I can only guess that maybe new users just dont understand that clicking on a thumbnail, gives any reader the full image. As I am sure I am not the only one, they are missing out on possible assistance, as I know I will scroll right past the full post with over-sized images, as its just too much to take in. [self righteous rant...]And any user not thinking of others...[/END RANT]
Im not sure if a final confirmation box on insert full image (especially if it could be based on size, in a perfect world) to suggest a thumbnail, letting them know the full image is provided on a simple click.

Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I didnt want to "edit"/ add to the above post, to avoid the "thanks" appearing to agreee with the following additional statement/question, after the fact.

Its getting so bad these days with the extended screen shots, I would propose that ONLY thumbnails should be allowed?

PS: I am not purposefully not answering these posts out of spite or to "teach them a lesson", its just the extra effort required to understand and decipher their poorly formatted question, could be spent on multiple others instead of just 1. Its really bad when they include a looooong screenshot and the actual question is at the bottom, inline with the bottom of the image; and the pertinent part of the image is at the top of the image., or maybe it isnt, you know i didnt read it😜

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Redmi 10 [Selene]
please add a forum and Custom Kernel for Wireless penetration.....
Request for new device forum in this thread.

Oswald Boelcke

Staff member
Hello,

sorry it wasn't my intention to discredit you @Badger50

I only can see what you can see on the Screenshot. I tried to click on the rejected allert when I saw it, but nothing happend than. Where is my fault?
@nerzwerk

Thanks for replying to my post, and I'm fully aware that you didn't intend to discredit anybody. Allow me to continue here because I don't want to hijack the ROM thread with this not ROM or development related staff.
As you've also mentioned @Badger50 please allow me to explain that I'd just pinged him to make him aware of my post for an internal coordination process.

From your screenshot I assume you're using the app, with which I've no experiences at all. Never used it and most likely never will. I wasn't aware that only the first part of a notification/alert text is displayed in the app. Just for me to further learn: Is this only the case in portrait mode or also in landscape?
I'm only visiting XDA via Browser on my PC where I can read the complete text of a notification/alert:
Screenshot 2022-06-08 163641.png
Allow me to mention a probably important difference between an alert/notification about a reaction to one of your posts, a quotation of your post or where you're mentioned and the notification that your report was resolved or rejected:
For the first ones, there're indeed hyperlinked to the respective event/post i.e. if you click on them you're taken to there. But the latter ones have no hyperlinks for obvious reasons as you don't have access to our reporting system i.e. you need to read the full notification and have to contact the acting moderator (e.g. by PM) in case of any question. For this reason, moderators usually close a report with providing their name in the notification - unless unintentionally omitted.

TL;DR: Negative. It was not your fault, it's system design.

nerzwerk

Jan 2, 2015
Yeah i
@nerzwerk

Thanks for replying to my post, and I'm fully aware that you didn't intend to discredit anybody. Allow me to continue here because I don't want to hijack the ROM thread with this not ROM or development related staff.
As you've also mentioned @Badger50 please allow me to explain that I'd just pinged him to make him aware of my post for an internal coordination process.

From your screenshot I assume you're using the app, with which I've no experiences at all. Never used it and most likely never will. I wasn't aware that only the first part of a notification/alert text is displayed in the app. Just for me to further learn: Is this only the case in portrait mode or also in landscape?
I'm only visiting XDA via Browser on my PC where I can read the complete text of a notification/alert:
Allow me to mention a probably important difference between an alert/notification about a reaction to one of your posts, a quotation of your post or where you're mentioned and the notification that your report was resolved or rejected:
For the first ones, there're indeed hyperlinked to the respective event/post i.e. if you click on them you're taken to there. But the latter ones have no hyperlinks for obvious reasons as you don't have access to our reporting system i.e. you need to read the full notification and have to contact the acting moderator (e.g. by PM) in case of any question. For this reason, moderators usually close a report with providing their name in the notification - unless unintentionally omitted.

TL;DR: Negative. It was not your fault, it's system design.
Yeah I saw I mentioned the false one and edited my post. So here again, sorry @orb_selektor it wasn't my intention to discredit you.

Yeah i am using the App. In Landscape Mode you can see a little bit more, but not enough. So I guess for app users there should be changed something.

Katywillium

Jun 9, 2022

Is xda-developers.com down today June, 2022?​

Find out if xda-developers.com is working usually or is there a problem today

Oswald Boelcke

Staff member

Is xda-developers.com down today June, 2022?​

Find out if xda-developers.com is working usually or is there a problem today
Negative, it isn't. Otherwise I hadn't been able to move your post from the General Q&A forum to here.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke

GOOGLE_USER

Jul 8, 2016
where I go, there I've been.
I use Firefox for android, I've noticed that my signature doesn't show below my posts while in portrait mode but if I rotate my device it does show when in landscape mode. Is this true for other browsers and can it be remedied?

Brave browser on Android - Affirmative: I witness the same behavior that you describe.

GOOGLE_USER

Jul 8, 2016
where I go, there I've been.

Badger50

Staff member
My, along with several other's, favorite SPAM reporting method is not functioning.

Message states, "...someone call NEO."
How does one set about calling @Neo? ;-)

Also, is it just me or have we all lost the ability to insert links, use smilies, embolden and italicize, so-forth & so-on?

I'm not sure what's going on my friend. I took a report about this issue from @galaxys not long ago. I tried the links with 2 mobile and PC browsers with/withoud add blockers, and they all worked. How bout now?

Spam reporting thread.
Intrusive adds thread.

As to your other concerns, everything seems to be working fine on my end. But then again, I am "The Badger!"(y) ;) 🥃 🍺🍻 :oops:

Shazam
Batman!! How will we ever summon Neo!!?

national-lampoons-christmas-vacation.gif

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moto 30 Ultra description has a small error:

"The device is powered by a 4610mAh with 50W fast charging."

This is the right data:
    125W wired
    50W wireless
    10W reverse wireless
    @the_scotsman

Sir, above for your attention.
    https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_edge_30_ultra-11206.php
    Rather than sending a PM to an individual Moderator, please feel free to ask questions in need of Moderator or Admin assistance. We will all be monitoring this thread, and someone will reply without much delay. In order to hopefully address some of the possible questions, please review the following points which frequently come up:

• Username Change - Send a PM to either MikeChannon or the_scotsman in the first instance. Be sure to include what you would like your name changed to, and also why you want it changed. Providing that information in the initial PM will save us a reply asking for it. There is no official limit on name changes, but keep it reasonable or you'll be stuck.
    • New Forum Requests
    • Operator or Country Flag Incorrect/Missing

If you are not a moderator or admin on the forums, please do NOT respond to any posts in the thread. This includes the incredibly tempting. Given the overall size of XDA and potential ramifications, we need to ensure that only people authorized to speak on our behalf do so. Please, and thank you in advance.

Edit done to OP for updates by CJK

This thread hereby replaces (requests) From the Users to the Mods & Admins, which has been closed and archived. There will be zero tolerance for off topic posting in here. Regardless of forum reputation, warnings and/or infractions will be issued to anyone disregarding such a simple request. There will also be no flaming of members posting in here. Report it, and move along.
    Last 3-4 of my 6 post reports have been dismissed without even getting "review"ed (I checked back the post by clicking on "report post" button and it doesnt even show "this post has been reported" notice). What could be reason to this? I want to think that it is not personal...

They were reviewed. Sometimes moderators take no action, as they think that none is required. It's not personal, don't worry about it :)
    Last 3-4 of my 6 post reports have been dismissed without even getting "review"ed (I checked back the post by clicking on "report post" button and it doesnt even show "this post has been reported" notice). What could be reason to this? I want to think that it is not personal...
    Hello and thank you for the forum! I can't add to My Devices that I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4A. A bug in the forum software?
    I am unable to private message anyone on xda website, only the option to send by email.

What do you mean?

What way are you trying to send a Private message?

You can go to your PM Inbox and New Private Message, and send a PM to anyone.

But if you click on someone's username in the forums, and you don't see the Private Message option, that person has disabled allowing other members to send them a PM.