[ALL_IN_ONE][R/Q] Xperia 5 II ROMS

Search This thread
Thanks for the great work!
I still have a question though, as the two repos(device tree and vendor) are removed, is there any way to create the device tree myself?(I was thinking of utilizing the files Sony provided on openxperiadev but I don't know where to start since I'm pretty much a complete noob to this) Or where should I start if I were to port a Lineage based rom?
Thanks in advance

Reactions: flyl0 and rayman2k1

rayman2k1

Aug 29, 2011
Sony Xperia 5 II
Google Pixel 8
I still have a question though, as the two repos(device tree and vendor) are removed, is there any way to create the device tree myself?(I was thinking of utilizing the files Sony provided on openxperiadev but I don't know where to start since I'm pretty much a complete noob to this) Or where should I start if I were to port a Lineage based rom?
Thanks in advance
Alright, so what I did for the device and vendor repos, is create a sony.xml file under ./local_manifests and set the contents to
XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
    <remote name="github-sony" fetch="https://github.com/" />

<project path="device/sony/edo-comon" name="Mirenk/android_device_sony_edo-common" groups="device" remote="github-sony" revision="lineage-18.1" />
    <project path="device/sony/pdx206" name="Mirenk/android_device_sony_pdx206" groups="device" remote="github-sony" revision="lineage-18.1" />
    <project path="vendor/sony/pdx206" name="hellobbn/android_vendor_sony_pdx203" groups="vendor" remote="github-sony" revision="lineage-18.1" />
</manifest>

You'll notice that the vendor is coming from a PDX203 repo (which is the Xperia 1 II), so it'll need a good number of modifications to work for our phone (PDX206). I've done a bunch of massaging to it, but have not had much luck grabbing the required files from the phone with extract-files.sh yet...

My next tact is to find all the files that I think it needs (scraping proprietary-files.txt and looking for refs in pdx206-vendor.mk, which is just a copy of pdx203-vendor.mk that i did a sed s/203/206/g on) for a proper build from an adb shell and grab them and place them in the proper dirs by hand. I'll create a fork on my GH and push my mods later on today in case it's of any help to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: hx64 and Didgesteve
Alright, so what I did for the device and vendor repos, is create a sony.xml file under ./local_manifests and set the contents to
XML:
<manifest>

<project path="device/sony/edo-comon" name="Mirenk/android_device_sony_edo-common" groups="device" remote="github-sony" revision="lineage-18.1" />
    <project path="device/sony/pdx206" name="Mirenk/android_device_sony_pdx206" groups="device" remote="github-sony" revision="lineage-18.1" />
    <project path="vendor/sony/pdx206" name="hellobbn/android_vendor_sony_pdx203" groups="vendor" remote="github-sony" revision="lineage-18.1" />
</manifest>

You'll notice that the vendor is coming from a PDX203 repo (which is the Xperia 1 II), so it'll need a good number of modifications to work for our phone (PDX206). I've done a bunch of massaging to it, but have not had much luck grabbing the required files from the phone with extract-files.sh yet...

My next tact is to find all the files that I think it needs (scraping proprietary-files.txt and looking for refs in pdx206-vendor.mk, which is just a copy of pdx203-vendor.mk that i did a sed s/203/206/g on) for a proper build from an adb shell and grab them and place them in the proper dirs by hand. I'll create a fork on my GH and push my mods later on today in case it's of any help to you.
I thought about porting the pdx203 device tree since those two devices share a large portion pf hardware but I was doubtful it would be as simple as doing a literal find&substitute from 203 to 206 lol, at least more work has to be done to adapt for the differences between the two, for instance the 120hz display. I really appreciate your answer as it proves the concept is somewhat workable.
Meanwhile I accidentally found the previous maintainer (EggOxygen) when searching on another forum (Coolapk) and had a nice conversation with him and learned the whole edo platform thing. That surely cleared things up.
Anyways I saw the new repo on your GH page. It seemed to be completed and ready for use. Can I compile with this or does I require any furthur modifications? Or is there anything I can do to help improve it? I would be more than happy to contribute, as soom as I get the grasp of all this :D

Reactions: flyl0

rayman2k1

Aug 29, 2011
Sony Xperia 5 II
Google Pixel 8
I thought about porting the pdx203 device tree since those two devices share a large portion pf hardware but I was doubtful it would be as simple as doing a literal find&substitute from 203 to 206 lol, at least more work has to be done to adapt for the differences between the two, for instance the 120hz display. I really appreciate your answer as it proves the concept is somewhat workable.
Meanwhile I accidentally found the previous maintainer (EggOxygen) when searching on another forum (Coolapk) and had a nice conversation with him and learned the whole edo platform thing. That surely cleared things up.
Anyways I saw the new repo on your GH page. It seemed to be completed and ready for use. Can I compile with this or does I require any furthur modifications? Or is there anything I can do to help improve it? I would be more than happy to contribute, as soom as I get the grasp of all this :D

Oh, these are not my repos. I just got a link from someone else on these boards, which I used to fill in some of the dirs.
I'll fork and update them as soon as I have something to contribute.

Reactions: hx64
Oh, these are not my repos. I just got a link from someone else on these boards, which I used to fill in some of the dirs.
Oh I see. I checked yesturday and the repo by Mirenk wasn't there. It's still nice that someone took the effort for us though.
Well I guess I'll just make a test version with it and see what happens

rikumi

Jun 10, 2019
Could you explain why you yourself are using Chinese in your blog posts, but you intentionally removed every Chinese language from your ROM, even the Traditional one.

If I were a user from HK or TW (sadly not) I would be unhappy to see this.

MtnX2

Oct 11, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Notes:
    20210316: LineageOS is out.
    20210317: EvoX is out.
    20210317: PEP is out.

So i merge all threads into one thread.
    For Lineage18.1, PEP, EvoX will get another update cause i make wrong build type.
    PEP Will come out tomorrow.

Thanks again for nezorflame, Big thanks.
    Old lineage17.1 and RR are just old rom with new thread.
    New build for lineage18.1 and PEP fix the issue about 5Ghz hotspot

Important Information:
    1. This ROM has nothing related to ODM images! So you don't need to ask/install anything like that, just follow the instructions.
    2. This ROM will never work with any versions of Google Camera (GCam)!
    3. For VoLTE, you need to boot into stock firmware and enable it before flashing this ROM!

ROMS:

[Android 10 - Vendor 10 = ROM Version is Android 10 and you must using stock 10 vendor for booting]
    [Android 11 - Vendor 11 = ROM Version is Android 11 and you must using stock 11 vendor for booting]

LineageOS 17.1 - Android 10 - Vendor 10
    AFH

LineageOS 18.1 - Android 11 - Vendor 11
    MEGA (20210316 New Update)

EvolutionX Elle - Android 11 - Vendor 11
    MEGA (20210317 New Update)

RROS - Android 10 - Vendor 10

AFH

PixelExperience Plus - Android 11 - Vendor 11
    MEGA (20210317 New Update)

Looking For CinemaPro And PhotoPro:

Click Here

How To Flash:
    Unlock bootloader is necessary.

1. Install fastbootd drivers, guidance
    2. Put your device into fastboot by volume up key.
    Code:
    // reboot to fastbootd
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    // flash it
    fastboot set_active a
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
    fastboot erase metadata
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash product product.img
    // earse userdata
    fastboot erase userdata

Bugs:
    FP Not working in Third Apps

Also thanks to:
    BBN Shion Sjll
    nezorflame (This build won`t come out so fast without his server)

Source:
    Kernel Source
    Device vendor
    Device Tree

Feel free to donate me:
    Paypal
    Which Rom is better LineageOS 17.1 or RROS?
    RROS is more feature rich, but has a higher overhead so it depends on what you value. For my case, RR lasts me plenty long and I love having features so its my go to.
    Thanks in advance
    XML:
    <manifest>

</manifest>

Thanks in advance