Search This thread

AllexBast

Feb 15, 2013

bayad

Apr 7, 2011
Djibouti

AllexBast

Feb 15, 2013
I already used this tool to flash latest A10 firmware but I still don't understand what to flash. You asked me to put my boot and recovery.img on the thread dedicated to the M40 but I don't know how to get these files. Really sorry if I'm a little hard to understand 😅
Click on the two gears and you will see the path where the firmware was unpacked

Reactions: bayad

AllexBast

Feb 15, 2013
I already used this tool to flash latest A10 firmware but I still don't understand what to flash. You asked me to put my boot and recovery.img on the thread dedicated to the M40 but I don't know how to get these files. Really sorry if I'm a little hard to understand 😅

Reactions: bayad

bayad

Apr 7, 2011
Djibouti

Boot and Recovery.img uploaded :)

Reactions: AllexBast

AllexBast

Feb 15, 2013
Found an easier option to disable encryption on the stock firmware for the t1020s tablet.
The utility will do all this.
It will flash the modified vendor.img at once to disable encryption, zero vbmeta, twrp and a patched boot via fastbootd.
Conditions:
The bootloader must be unlocked. Enable USB Debugging. There must be a stock firmware. The drivers for fastbootd must be installed.
Then from fastbootd you need to go to recovery using the menu. And in the recovery, make a hard reset and reboot into the system. All data will be erased!!!
The bootloader can be unlocked from this utility if you copy signature.bin to the utility folder.

Added Utility-T1020S_v02
The utility has a new twrp. Source https://github.com/allex2/android_device_alldocube_T1020S

Attachments

• Utility-T1020S_v01.rar
    211.1 MB · Views: 114
  • Utility-T1020S_v02.rar
    211.9 MB · Views: 237
Last edited:

gjdumont

Dec 14, 2017
I just received mine; (Iplay 40H, which has Android 11)
Currently in the process of setting it up.
My previous tablet is a Iplay 20, which still works great, albeit a bit slow.
The tablet has a screen protector, which i probably will remove.
I also wander if it supports some form of fast charging.

crosshelder

Jan 27, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
I just received mine; (Iplay 40H, which has Android 11)
Currently in the process of setting it up.
My previous tablet is a Iplay 20, which still works great, albeit a bit slow.
The tablet has a screen protector, which i probably will remove.
I also wander if it supports some form of fast charging.
I have iPlay40H(T1020H) and i am trying to find a way to root it, will you try to root your device?

White_Spot™

Jan 31, 2011
Yes. 1/4w or 1/8w/SMD/Through-hole - It doesn't matter(some 1.4w may be bit thicker to use inside that tablet). A resistance is all that is required. 4.7k is just a ball park figure that I used based on the above graph(For eg. with a typical themistor at 20 degrees centigrade adding a 4.7k reduces the temperature value by approx 10degrees and when I measure the resistance(disconnect the battery and measure between white and black) I found that it was off by approx 4k at room temperature to start with). As you can see from the above graph 4.7k reduces different values at different ambient temperatures and with ntc there is no way these are accurate at any level and we can't exactly predict what the tablet is seeing without seeing the schematics + kernel module code which handles this peripheral.

You can experiment with 1k, 2,2k and 4.7k and see which one suits best by closely monitoring the reported battery temperature while using the tablet at high ambient temperature playing some heavyweight games or running some benchmarks.
So only today I have the possibility to add the 4.7K (1/4W) resistor to the white cable of the battery.
After that I used again the Simple System Monitor app (I think this is the right name) and it showed that the temperature is 12º after the boot.
After a little use playing Asphalt 9 (30 minutes) the temp rise to +\- 20º.
I will try to use a little more the tablet and give a better feedback of this solution.

Reactions: tchcrat

AllexBast

Feb 15, 2013
Mod super gsi sparse v2 for iPlay40 (T1020S)
I found a solution how to reduce the size of mod super. Now its size is about 440 mb. Before flashing, you need to unpack the archive and flash the mod.super.gsi.sparse.v2.img file to the super section

Attachments

• mod.super.gsi.sparse.v02.zip
    232.6 MB · Views: 286
Last edited:

Kagoull

Nov 19, 2021
The question may have been asked several times already, but is it possible to install an AOSP/STOCK version greater than 10 for this Iplay 40 tablet? If yes where to find the exact steps

tchcrat

Dec 25, 2021
So only today I have the possibility to add the 4.7K (1/4W) resistor to the white cable of the battery.
After that I used again the Simple System Monitor app (I think this is the right name) and it showed that the temperature is 12º after the boot.
After a little use playing Asphalt 9 (30 minutes) the temp rise to +\- 20º.
I will try to use a little more the tablet and give a better feedback of this solution.
I didn't get a chance to experiment with the tablet after fixing it but got the info that it is being used heavily everyday and the issue never came back. Good luck with your fix.

Reactions: White_Spot™

ducknezz

Feb 3, 2011
Ok, after some days using the tablet I can almost confirm the problem is solved.

The CPU Monitor app give some misleading information. Using Simple System Monitor the information is more precise and leaving no doubt that the CPU is not always at + 90%. Using this app I see that the CPU is not overcharged to make an temperature increase that justify the shutdown.

Yes Cartmannnn the tablet only have a battery temperature sensor, so the error is about the battery being to hot and not the CPU.
So in one of my attempts I disconnected the battery and tried to boot the tablet only powered by the power cable. The tablet boot's up but don't pass the Alldocube logo and restart again.

I open a old iplay 10 with a broken glass that I have to see if I can exchange the battery but the iplay 10 have a battery with only two wires and they are soldered.

So I plugged again the battery, booted the tablet and installed the Battery Repair Life app. It give some minor errors that the app repaired (1% of low cell's, 5 cell's in total).

After that I manage to play a long time in Asphalt 9, but as I was not sure the problem was away I let my daughter use the tablet some days and until today no more error's showed and none shutdown.

So in the end what was the problem? I think it was an erroneous information stored in the battery (or in the battery /charging circuit) and the fact I have unplugged it solve the problem, or the battery repair app solve the problem. What cause this? Maybe one of the updates the tablet make or the battery come this way from factory.

Many thanks to all that have helped and I hope other can solve the similar issue like I do.

P.S. I do not have installed the lineage so, maintain the original Alldoccube SO.

Sorry for bumping such an old post.

I would like to share my experience, hope it is useful for others that is experiencing the same problem.

I faced the same issue, the tab kept on restarting with the "abnormal temperature" warning. It is getting worst after I updated to the latest OTA firmware.

Been following the advise from our fellow users in here (installing those apps and what's not) up to a point I would like to rip it open and try to use thermal tape and/or disconnect the battery cables.

I accidentally found that the issue wont arise if I am using the tab while charging it. Usually it took tab will restart after 2-3 minutes on Netflix but none happen when im on charging mode.

Whilst this would not solve the problem, but perhaps I could continue using my tab (and no need for me to pry it open) while waiting for the latest update that solves this problem.

Tl;dr: Use the tab in charging mode, it wouldnt restart.

Hope this helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I still have no luck with the information from this link.

They mention an APK, the "SpreadTrumTools-20200317.apk", but I can get this APK from nowhere. I tried several links to some Japanese (?) online storage, but I only manage to download some exe files, and obviously I don’t download them. Without it I cannot generate the signature.bin and do the rest of the steps.

I tried this method from the Hovatek forum and I still don't be able to unlock the bootloader.

When I try the command "fastboot flashing unlock_bootloader signature.bin" it always fails.

I have tried several ways to get the signature.bin, even using a live Ubuntu distro (and the hassle to learn how to do all of this in Linux).

After a large of hours getting nowhere, I think I will give up to unlock the bootloader to root this tablet.

If somebody can give any help I'll appreciate, maybe a link to download the SpreadTrumTools-20200317.apk, or other solution to unlock the bootloader.

And If possible, somebody installs the CPU Monitor app and verify if the cpu is almost all the time at 80% plus as mine.
    I was able to enable Gaps on build system-squeak-arm64-ab-vndklite-gapps.img.xz

Need to change
    /system/build.prop
    /system/system_ext/etc/build.prop
    /system/product/etc/build.prop

These lines

ro.product.product.brand=Alldocube
    ro.product.product.device=T1020S
    ro.product.product.manufacturer=Alldocube
    ro.product.product.model=iPlay_40
    ro.product.product.name=iPlay_40
    ro.product.board=ums512_1h10
    ro.board.platform=ums512
    ro.product.build.fingerprint=Alldocube/iPlay_40/T1020S:12/SP1A.211105.004/211103:userdebug/test-keys
    TWRP and ModSuper for gsi only for the IPlay40 (t1020s) model

You need to unlock the bootloader https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-some-minor-compromises.4212541/post-85850877

install Disable encryption in Utility-T1020S_v01
    You need to download:

ModSuper for gsi https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-some-minor-compromises.4212541/post-86307695

In addition, you will need a micro SD card in order to move these files to it.
    Copy the unpacked files mod_super_gsi-v1.img and gsi rom to the memory card

restart adb recovery
    install for section super mod.super.gsi.sparse.v2.img
    wipe factory reset
    reboot recovery

install for section system gsi android 10 or 12 arm64 a/b pre-unpack from archive https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-(GSI)-list

restart system
    configure gsi rom
    restart adb recovery
    install gapps android 10 arm64 pico https://opengapps.org/ or android 12 https://www.pling.com/p/1462970/
    restart system
    Did you manage to get any of the Android 12 to run alright?
    This is the best build 12 https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/releases
    You can add a line to the file debug.sf.latch_unsignaled=0 in /system/build.prop. This removes graphic artifacts, but not all
    Used assembly system-squeak-arm64-ab-vndklite-floss.img.xz alternativ gapps
    Very fast assembly

After flashing gsi 12, format data - yes and rebooting, twrp stops working

To change something in the system sections, vndklite assemblies are needed
    Solid performance

STATS.jpg

The Alldocube iPlay 40 is powered by Unisoc’s T618 processor, which has an octa-core CPU (2 Cores of Cortex-A75 clocked at 2.0GHz and 6 cores of Cortex-A55 clocked at 2.0GHz) and ARM’s Mali-G52MP GPU.

comparison.png

This chipset was released in 2020 and built on 12nm process, so it is relatively new, and it offers better performance than MediaTek’s P60 or Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 66X, which are the most commonly used SoC. In budget and midrange tablets. There’s also 8GB LPDDR4 RAM inside the slate to handle multitasking.

bench1.jpg

gb5-1.jpg

gb5-2.png

ANTUTU.png

The iPlay 40 has easily beaten other budget tablets in Antutu and Geekbench 5. Even the Teclast M40, which is powered by the same Unisoc T618 chipset, scored significantly lower than the iPlay 40 in both tests.

3DMARK.png

In the GPU-focused 3DMark Slingshot Extreme test, the iPlay 40 was also returned with decent scores.

storage1.jpg

ANDROBENCH.png

The storage inside of the iPlay 40 is relatively slow. The Sequential Read speed is only 106.27mb/s in Androbench’s readings, falling behind most other entry-level tablets including Alldocube’s very own iPlay 30, which was released three months ago. But in comparison, Teclast uses even lower-quality storage in both of their M40 and P20HD.

YouTube.jpg

In the real-world use, the Unisoc T618 processor actually offers more than enough horsepower to drive the tablet for the tasks it is intended for. The iPlay 40 is smooth and responsive most of the time, I had no issues watching 4K YouTube videos in Chrome, with many other image-heavy webpages loading at the same time. The slate is also capable of keeping many big applications running in the background, thanks to its whooping 8GB RAM.

video.jpg

However, the iPlay 40 isn’t the best video decoder, as it scored only 827 in Antutu video tester, but for those normal video formats, you always have the choice to use software decoding. I’ve tried many clips and the slate can play all of them smoothly.

DSC08581.jpg

Gaming should not be your main reason to buy a tablet. With that said, the iPlay 40 can run most games installed from Play Store without issues. I tried Asphalt 9, PUBG and Arena of Valor, all of them can run smoothly at moderate settings.

Superb connectivity

DSC08538.jpg

The iPlay 40 supports dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, 4G and full phone functionalities. It won’t have fancy features like 5G and WiFi-6, but we don’t expect it to.

The 128GB internal storage should be sufficient for most users. For those who need more, the tablet supports a TF card of up to 2TB!

Basic cameras

DSC08616.jpg

There are two cameras on the iPlay 40, a front-facing 5MP camera and an 8MP main camera. Those cameras can be useful for unlocking, video-chatting, and scanning QR code, but you won’t want to “archive your life” with them. Even in perfectly-lit conditions, most photos I took with the main camera were either over-exposed or under-exposed, and there wasn’t much life to them. In low light, the photos were simply horrible. In an era when most entry-level smartphones come with dual or triple camera setups, there is really no place for tablet photography.

Subpar battery life and charging speed

BATTERY-COMPARISON.png

The Alldocube iPlay 40 houses a 6000mAh Li-Po battery, smaller than the capacity of most of its peers. Even with a more power-efficient processor, the iPlay 40 still only gives me around 7 hours’ screen time on a full charge.

BATTERY-LIFE.png

With display brightness and speaker volume both set at 50%, the iplay 40 lasted 7 hours and 55 minutes in our battery rundown test, where we played a 1080P video on loop.

This iPlay 40 doesn’t support any form of quick charge. The supplied wall charger is rated 10W (5V-2A), a full charge (0%→100%) takes about 4 hours. In comparison, the Lenovo Tab P11 comes with a 20W QC3.0 charger, while the Smasung Galaxy Tab A7 supports 15W charging.

Verdict: an all-around tablet with some minor compromises

The Alldocube iPlay 40 isn’t designed to break any new grounds, but it is an Android tablet which gets a lot of essential things right. It has a sharp and colorful display, which makes it ideral for video streaming, web-browsing and even light gaming. The T618 processor offers more than enough power for everyday tasks. 4G and phone functionalities means the tablet can be a serviceable phone whenever needed.

The absence of a fingerprint reader, slow storage and low battery capacity could all be potential deal breakers for many, but for a tablet priced as low as the iPlay 40, it’s really unfair to ask for perfection. With UFS 2.1 storage, higher quality speakers and much, much better cameras, the Lenovo Tab P11 is still a superior piece of tech in many aspects. But if horsepower is on top of your priorities when choosing a tablet, you won’t get anything better than the iPlay 40 in the same price range.