Search This thread

blaze2051

Jul 26, 2010
LG G7 ThinQ
LG V40
Port TWRP-3.6.0_11 support android 12

Twrp is not signed, starts with zero vbmeta
mtp not works
this can be signed using T803 keys and flashed since this supports android 12 and my tablet is on android 11?

blaze2051

Jul 26, 2010
LG G7 ThinQ
LG V40
i even tried to use

fastboot boot twrp.img and i get error too many links tried on usb 3.0 and 2.0

then i ran

sudo ./fastboot boot twrp.img and i get error status read failed (protocol error) in linux

NightLord

Sep 8, 2007
i finally figured it out, so after the smaller patch_boot.img is repacked. that avbtool command used to sign for the boot.img will inflate img back to specific size. After flashing patch_inflate boot.img along with your custom signed vbmeta.img you well get stuck on boot. thats is to be expected. after that go back to download mode and flash your stock oem vbmeta-signed.img and it will boot up to android with magisk root installed.
So basicly you are booting with a custom signed boot.img, and the stock vbmeta-signed.img? (which should contain a different public key than the one that can be generated from your custom private key used to sign your magisk-patched boot.img).

blaze2051

Jul 26, 2010
LG G7 ThinQ
LG V40
So basicly you are booting with a custom signed boot.img, and the stock vbmeta-signed.img? (which should contain a different public key than the one that can be generated from your custom private key used to sign your magisk-patched boot.img).
magisk_boot.img is not signed
I made my own custom-sign-vbmeta.img i flash it together. which ends in a stuck boot.
reload RD and flash oem sign vbmeta.img and it boots into android with patched boot.img

blaze2051

Jul 26, 2010
LG G7 ThinQ
LG V40
This is for a different SoC then your Unisoc Tiger T310 (MediaTek Helio G95 MT6785). No idea if that is a problem, just stating the fact : )
right. it was ported to the iplay40, i been trying to use commands

fastboot boot twrp.img and i get error too many links tried on usb 3.0 and 2.0

then i ran

sudo ./fastboot boot twrp.img and i get error status read failed (protocol error) in linux

so then i tried another way I unpacking of the boot.img is fine, problem is i dont know what needs to be replaced in order to inject twrp.img into the boot.img

2nd i tried to unpack and repack my own super.img BUT

when i use this commnad--

./lpmake --metadata-size 65536 --super-name super --metadata-slots 2 --device super:3697308624 --group main:2859118592 --partition system:readonly:1970069504:main --image system=./system_a.img --partition vendor:readonly:538230784:main --image vendor=./vendor_a.img --partition system_ext:readonly:350818304:main --image system_ext=./system_ext_a.img --sparse --output ./super.new.img

I get ./lpmake: input/output error and i checked it several times. im using mint 18

NightLord

Sep 8, 2007
magisk_boot.img is not signed
I made my own custom-sign-vbmeta.img i flash it together. which ends in a stuck boot.
reload RD and flash oem sign vbmeta.img and it boots into android with patched boot.img
You wrote "i finally figured it out, so after the smaller patch_boot.img is repacked. that avbtool command used to sign for the boot.img will inflate img back to specific size. " So I thought you signed your patched boot.img with avbtool.

NightLord

Sep 8, 2007
2nd i tried to unpack and repack my own super.img BUT

when i use this commnad--

./lpmake --metadata-size 65536 --super-name super --metadata-slots 2 --device super:3697308624 --group main:2859118592 --partition system:readonly:1970069504:main --image system=./system_a.img --partition vendor:readonly:538230784:main --image vendor=./vendor_a.img --partition system_ext:readonly:350818304:main --image system_ext=./system_ext_a.img --sparse --output ./super.new.img

I get ./lpmake: input/output error and i checked it several times. im using mint 18

What are you modifing in super.img?

NightLord

Sep 8, 2007
Im replacing system.img with lineage os.img

I tried to use
Fastboot flash vbmeta-custom-signed.img but it never finishes. Originally i wanted to flash system_a with lineage 17.1
I was able to simply flash system_a in the fastbootd (not bootloader) environment via fastboot with GSI images (A12). They boot okay without even touching stock vbmeta, but only with the stock boot.img.

Reactions: blaze2051

wergon33

Dec 8, 2019
who has problems with a memory card on the new TWRP roll back to version 10
ps. no, it does not work

Last edited:

blaze2051

Jul 26, 2010
LG G7 ThinQ
LG V40
You wrote "i finally figured it out, so after the smaller patch_boot.img is repacked. that avbtool command used to sign for the boot.img will inflate img back to specific size. " So I thought you signed your patched boot.img with avbtool.
thats was i thought at first but i looks like the command only changes the flags from 1 to 2, but i read in another tread that using this might be better heres an example

avbtool make_vbmeta_image --key rsa4096_vbmeta.pem --algorithm SHA256_RSA4096 --flags 0 --padding_size 20480 --output vbmeta.img

I also found this tool that might help someone with porting twrp for unisoc or mediatek devices

https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-32664.html

https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-32674.html

Last edited:

NightLord

Sep 8, 2007
ah okay i was using fastboot bootloader, i wil try fastbootd instead
You will probably need to delete product partition, because otherwise you will not have enough space inside super partition to accomodate for the larger lineage os image.
For example, on my stock FW, system size is only 900 megs, but product is an additional 1.9gigs.
so:
fastboot delete-logical-partition product_a <--- in case "a" is your current active slot.
of course, this is also to be done in fastbootd environment.

Reactions: blaze2051

NightLord

Sep 8, 2007
thats was i thought at first but i looks like the command only changes the flags from 1 to 2, but i read in another tread that using this might be better heres an example

avbtool make_vbmeta_image --key rsa4096_vbmeta.pem --algorithm SHA256_RSA4096 --flags 0 --padding_size 20480 --output vbmeta.img

I also found this tool that might help someone with porting twrp for unisoc or mediatek devices

https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-32664.html

https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-32674.html
By signing boot.img i'm referring to this:
avbtool add_hash_footer --image boot.img --partition_name boot --partition_size (whatever the size of the original image is) --key rsa4096_vbmeta.pem --algorithm SHA256_RSA4096

blaze2051

Jul 26, 2010
LG G7 ThinQ
LG V40
You will probably need to delete product partition, because otherwise you will not have enough space inside super partition to accomodate for the larger lineage os image.
For example, on my stock FW, system size is only 900 megs, but product is an additional 1.9gigs.
so:
fastboot delete-logical-partition product_a <--- in case "a" is your current active slot.
of course, this is also to be done in fastbootd environment.
looks like after deleting the system and logical partition i still dont have enough space to flash lineage os.img

so i managed to flash using non modified adb fastbootd but it only boots into bootloader mode fastboot

i deleted a logical partitions and only left system_a reflashed lineage 2nd time and it still just boots to bootloader fastboot,

Attachments

• cmd_2022-02-04_07-33-01.png
    cmd_2022-02-04_07-33-01.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

NightLord

Sep 8, 2007
looks like after deleting the system and logical partition i still dont have enough space to flash lineage os.img

so i managed to flash using non modified adb fastbootd but it only boots into bootloader mode fastboot

i deleted a logical partitions and only left system_a reflashed lineage 2nd time and it still just boots to bootloader fastboot,
You are deleting product, and not product_a. Not sure it makes a dirrerence, but you should try

blaze2051

Jul 26, 2010
LG G7 ThinQ
LG V40
You are deleting product, and not product_a. Not sure it makes a dirrerence, but you should try
product partition is listed but its actually product_a when flashing is needed, same thing with system when i flash system.img its gets flashed to system_a partition.

I got it to flash but it wont boot , it goes to bootloader i flashed lineage 17.1 on a tablet that came android 11

i deleted product and vendor to have more room

NightLord

Sep 8, 2007
I think vendor needs to stay, that may be the reason why your rom is not booting.
Try deleting system_ext instead. I have product and system_ext deleted, with vendor kept intact.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have tried the iplay40 utility from @AllexBast and most of it seems to work, but when fastbootd is opened it gets stuck on "waiting for any device" that might be a driver issue but where could I find the fastbootd drivers ? everything else works, adb fastboot (bootloader) etc, just not fastbootd
    I own a standard iplay40 (T1020S)

ps : I checked, I did install at least all the drivers required for the stock flashing tool and i installed these https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb
    Almost like in this video, but the name of the unknown device will be different.
    So, I found a way to install the driver but that was kind of weird, I needed to modify the inf file of the driver to add my vendor ID to the driver's database, the driver installed properly after doing this
    I still have no luck with the information from this link.

They mention an APK, the "SpreadTrumTools-20200317.apk", but I can get this APK from nowhere. I tried several links to some Japanese (?) online storage, but I only manage to download some exe files, and obviously I don’t download them. Without it I cannot generate the signature.bin and do the rest of the steps.

I tried this method from the Hovatek forum and I still don't be able to unlock the bootloader.

When I try the command "fastboot flashing unlock_bootloader signature.bin" it always fails.

I have tried several ways to get the signature.bin, even using a live Ubuntu distro (and the hassle to learn how to do all of this in Linux).

After a large of hours getting nowhere, I think I will give up to unlock the bootloader to root this tablet.

If somebody can give any help I'll appreciate, maybe a link to download the SpreadTrumTools-20200317.apk, or other solution to unlock the bootloader.

And If possible, somebody installs the CPU Monitor app and verify if the cpu is almost all the time at 80% plus as mine.
    I was able to enable Gaps on build system-squeak-arm64-ab-vndklite-gapps.img.xz

Need to change
    /system/build.prop
    /system/system_ext/etc/build.prop
    /system/product/etc/build.prop

These lines

ro.product.product.brand=Alldocube
    ro.product.product.device=T1020S
    ro.product.product.manufacturer=Alldocube
    ro.product.product.model=iPlay_40
    ro.product.product.name=iPlay_40
    ro.product.board=ums512_1h10
    ro.board.platform=ums512
    ro.product.build.fingerprint=Alldocube/iPlay_40/T1020S:12/SP1A.211105.004/211103:userdebug/test-keys
    TWRP and ModSuper for gsi only for the IPlay40 (t1020s) model

You need to unlock the bootloader https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-some-minor-compromises.4212541/post-85850877

install Disable encryption in Utility-T1020S_v01
    You need to download:

ModSuper for gsi https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-some-minor-compromises.4212541/post-86307695

In addition, you will need a micro SD card in order to move these files to it.
    Copy the unpacked files mod_super_gsi-v1.img and gsi rom to the memory card

restart adb recovery
    install for section super mod.super.gsi.sparse.v2.img
    wipe factory reset
    reboot recovery

install for section system gsi android 10 or 12 arm64 a/b pre-unpack from archive https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-(GSI)-list

restart system
    configure gsi rom
    restart adb recovery
    install gapps android 10 arm64 pico https://opengapps.org/ or android 12 https://www.pling.com/p/1462970/
    restart system
    Did you manage to get any of the Android 12 to run alright?
    This is the best build 12 https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/releases
    You can add a line to the file debug.sf.latch_unsignaled=0 in /system/build.prop. This removes graphic artifacts, but not all
    Used assembly system-squeak-arm64-ab-vndklite-floss.img.xz alternativ gapps
    Very fast assembly

After flashing gsi 12, format data - yes and rebooting, twrp stops working

To change something in the system sections, vndklite assemblies are needed
    Solid performance

STATS.jpg

The Alldocube iPlay 40 is powered by Unisoc’s T618 processor, which has an octa-core CPU (2 Cores of Cortex-A75 clocked at 2.0GHz and 6 cores of Cortex-A55 clocked at 2.0GHz) and ARM’s Mali-G52MP GPU.

comparison.png

This chipset was released in 2020 and built on 12nm process, so it is relatively new, and it offers better performance than MediaTek’s P60 or Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 66X, which are the most commonly used SoC. In budget and midrange tablets. There’s also 8GB LPDDR4 RAM inside the slate to handle multitasking.

bench1.jpg

gb5-1.jpg

gb5-2.png

ANTUTU.png

The iPlay 40 has easily beaten other budget tablets in Antutu and Geekbench 5. Even the Teclast M40, which is powered by the same Unisoc T618 chipset, scored significantly lower than the iPlay 40 in both tests.

3DMARK.png

In the GPU-focused 3DMark Slingshot Extreme test, the iPlay 40 was also returned with decent scores.

storage1.jpg

ANDROBENCH.png

The storage inside of the iPlay 40 is relatively slow. The Sequential Read speed is only 106.27mb/s in Androbench’s readings, falling behind most other entry-level tablets including Alldocube’s very own iPlay 30, which was released three months ago. But in comparison, Teclast uses even lower-quality storage in both of their M40 and P20HD.

YouTube.jpg

In the real-world use, the Unisoc T618 processor actually offers more than enough horsepower to drive the tablet for the tasks it is intended for. The iPlay 40 is smooth and responsive most of the time, I had no issues watching 4K YouTube videos in Chrome, with many other image-heavy webpages loading at the same time. The slate is also capable of keeping many big applications running in the background, thanks to its whooping 8GB RAM.

video.jpg

However, the iPlay 40 isn’t the best video decoder, as it scored only 827 in Antutu video tester, but for those normal video formats, you always have the choice to use software decoding. I’ve tried many clips and the slate can play all of them smoothly.

DSC08581.jpg

Gaming should not be your main reason to buy a tablet. With that said, the iPlay 40 can run most games installed from Play Store without issues. I tried Asphalt 9, PUBG and Arena of Valor, all of them can run smoothly at moderate settings.

Superb connectivity

DSC08538.jpg

The iPlay 40 supports dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, 4G and full phone functionalities. It won’t have fancy features like 5G and WiFi-6, but we don’t expect it to.

The 128GB internal storage should be sufficient for most users. For those who need more, the tablet supports a TF card of up to 2TB!

Basic cameras

DSC08616.jpg

There are two cameras on the iPlay 40, a front-facing 5MP camera and an 8MP main camera. Those cameras can be useful for unlocking, video-chatting, and scanning QR code, but you won’t want to “archive your life” with them. Even in perfectly-lit conditions, most photos I took with the main camera were either over-exposed or under-exposed, and there wasn’t much life to them. In low light, the photos were simply horrible. In an era when most entry-level smartphones come with dual or triple camera setups, there is really no place for tablet photography.

Subpar battery life and charging speed

BATTERY-COMPARISON.png

The Alldocube iPlay 40 houses a 6000mAh Li-Po battery, smaller than the capacity of most of its peers. Even with a more power-efficient processor, the iPlay 40 still only gives me around 7 hours’ screen time on a full charge.

BATTERY-LIFE.png

With display brightness and speaker volume both set at 50%, the iplay 40 lasted 7 hours and 55 minutes in our battery rundown test, where we played a 1080P video on loop.

This iPlay 40 doesn’t support any form of quick charge. The supplied wall charger is rated 10W (5V-2A), a full charge (0%→100%) takes about 4 hours. In comparison, the Lenovo Tab P11 comes with a 20W QC3.0 charger, while the Smasung Galaxy Tab A7 supports 15W charging.

Verdict: an all-around tablet with some minor compromises

The Alldocube iPlay 40 isn’t designed to break any new grounds, but it is an Android tablet which gets a lot of essential things right. It has a sharp and colorful display, which makes it ideral for video streaming, web-browsing and even light gaming. The T618 processor offers more than enough power for everyday tasks. 4G and phone functionalities means the tablet can be a serviceable phone whenever needed.

The absence of a fingerprint reader, slow storage and low battery capacity could all be potential deal breakers for many, but for a tablet priced as low as the iPlay 40, it’s really unfair to ask for perfection. With UFS 2.1 storage, higher quality speakers and much, much better cameras, the Lenovo Tab P11 is still a superior piece of tech in many aspects. But if horsepower is on top of your priorities when choosing a tablet, you won’t get anything better than the iPlay 40 in the same price range.