Alldocube iPlay 40 review: an all-around tablet with some minor compromises

Search This thread

White_Spot™

Jan 31, 2011
Hi, I'm also trying to unlock the bootloader of my t1020s but without much luck. I used AllexBast chinese guide and its .apk to get the signature.bin but the command "fastboot flashing unlock-bootloader signature.bin" always fails printing "fastboot: usage: unknown 'flashing' command unlock_bootloader". Did something similar happen for you? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Yes, the fastboot file was to be a specific one. I can't remember where I get the correct one (my work folder is a mess with many files) but eventually is one from the links he give.
Go and try different fastboot files until one works.

Reactions: davovapo

AllexBast

Feb 15, 2013
Hi, I'm also trying to unlock the bootloader of my t1020s but without much luck. I used AllexBast chinese guide and its .apk to get the signature.bin but the command "fastboot flashing unlock-bootloader signature.bin" always fails printing "fastboot: usage: unknown 'flashing' command unlock_bootloader". Did something similar happen for you? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
try these drivers
Fastboot

Last edited:

davovapo

Dec 5, 2020
For t1020s
TWRP https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lsmYtOESkvI4vz3tLgg9P5CsxaZ3g2fr/view?usp=sharing - flash to rd https://4pda.to/pages/go/?u=https://mega.nz/file/5RFymB6Q#KjfDboHeduvuXvBi1SDLboO-48o0bmMhBC5FyTIwAVM&e=108966608
firmware global https://www.alldocube.com/en/firmware/alldocube-iplay40t1020s-firmware-download/
ModSuper for gsi https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YRZbiTEEnyds6kxrvXNI2-5gRwjCbE4l/view?usp=sharing install for section super
format data - yes
restart adb recovery
gsi android 10 arm64 a-b - https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/files/lineage-17.x/ install for section system
format data - yes
restart adb recovery
backup boot
install zip https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/tag/v23.0
restore boot
restart system
configure gsi rom
restart adb recovery
install gapps android 10 arm64 pico https://opengapps.org/
restart system
Thanks to both, I unlocked successfully the bootloader using the fastboot file from AllexBast linked juseblog guide, I added the file here in case somebody needs it too and just to note it the unlocking process took around 12 minutes. Now I'm trying to follow AllexBast steps, I followed the "flash to rd" guide and worked great but when flashing the recovery with "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" it seems to be stuck at "Writing 'recovery'..." I may leave it for some more hours or overnight to see if it actually works.

Attachments

• adb-fastboot.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 310

AllexBast

Feb 15, 2013
Thanks to both, I unlocked successfully the bootloader using the fastboot file from AllexBast linked juseblog guide, I added the file here in case somebody needs it too and just to note it the unlocking process took around 12 minutes. Now I'm trying to follow AllexBast steps, I followed the "flash to rd" guide and worked great but when flashing the recovery with "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" it seems to be stuck at "Writing 'recovery'..." I may leave it for some more hours or overnight to see if it actually works.
You need to flash all 3 files:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

davovapo

Dec 5, 2020
You need to flash all 3 files:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
Flashing boot, vbmeta and finally recovery worked, now I can access TWRP. I can't seem to find my files on TWRP though to flash zips, etc, I imagine it's the encryption. I tried to install the ModSuper file super.new.img through "flash super super.img" in fastmode, it seemed to work ok but it entered a bootloop in which I had to reset the device firmware to be able to boot normally again. If I figure out something I'll update, thanks again.

AllexBast

Feb 15, 2013
Flashing boot, vbmeta and finally recovery worked, now I can access TWRP. I can't seem to find my files on TWRP though to flash zips, etc, I imagine it's the encryption. I tried to install the ModSuper file super.new.img through "flash super super.img" in fastmode, it seemed to work ok but it entered a bootloop in which I had to reset the device firmware to be able to boot normally again. If I figure out something I'll update, thanks a
Unfortunately in this twrp there is no reboot point in recovery. But twrp supports ADB commands, so after format data is yes, you need to reboot in recovery using the adb reboot recovery command. Modsupergsi, gsi and gapps are flashed via twrp. Need micro sd card.
TWRP supports mtp, perhaps you can copy the file to the tablet memory after flashing fastboot flash super modsupergsi.img, format data-yes, adb reboot recovery and do without microsd

Last edited:

davovapo

Dec 5, 2020
Unfortunately in this twrp there is no reboot point in recovery. But twrp supports ADB commands, so after format data is yes, you need to reboot in recovery using the adb reboot recovery command. Modsupergsi, gsi and gapps are flashed via twrp. Need micro sd card.
TWRP supports mtp, perhaps you can copy the file to the tablet memory after flashing fastboot flash super modsupergsi.img, format data-yes, adb reboot recovery and do without microsd
I installed the new super.img from your post, formatted, rebooted back to recovery but then when I try to install lineage-17.1-20210808-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS.img it fails due to img being too large as you can see in the attachment (not the correct img maybe?) which made me reset the device again. I could install Magisk like White_Spot, that worked well as long as you back up and restore the boot as you pointed out.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20210922_233433[1].jpg
    MVIMG_20210922_233433[1].jpg
    958.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

AllexBast

Feb 15, 2013
I installed the new super.img from your post, formatted, rebooted back to recovery but then when I try to install lineage-17.1-20210808-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS.img it fails due to img being too large as you can see in the attachment (not the correct img maybe?) which made me reset the device again. I could install Magisk like White_Spot, that worked well as long as you back up and restore the boot as you pointed out.
Is that how you formatted it?
3.png

davovapo

Dec 5, 2020

Attachments

• MVIMG_20210923_123950[1].jpg
    MVIMG_20210923_123950[1].jpg
    768.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

AllexBast

Feb 15, 2013
No worries, thank you for the support, but now I formatted data and tried again with the new modsupergsi and it shows the same "Size image is larger..." error when trying to install in section super.
To avoid confusion, flash the stock firmware research download via and repeat all operations on a new one

Last edited:

davovapo

Dec 5, 2020
To avoid confusion, flash the stock firmware via rd and repeat all operations on a new one

Just to make sure I'll write it all down, thanks again for your patience.

So I'm using the official firmware iPlay40(T1020S)-EN-20210526 pac file with ResearchDownload. It works great, then I boot it, activate usb debug in settings, go to fastboot and flash boot, vbmeta and recovery. Then I reboot so I can go to recovery with adb and in recovery it's when I try to install the super.treble2product.img in section super. At this point the error of the last pic with "Size larger..." appears. As I understand, I am installing super.treble2product.img on stock firmware here.

AllexBast

Feb 15, 2013
Just to make sure I'll write it all down, thanks again for your patience.

So I'm using the official firmware iPlay40(T1020S)-EN-20210526 pac file with ResearchDownload. It works great, then I boot it, activate usb debug in settings, go to fastboot and flash boot, vbmeta and recovery. Then I reboot so I can go to recovery with adb and in recovery it's when I try to install the super.treble2product.img in section super. At this point the error of the last pic with "Size larger..." appears. As I understand, I am installing super.treble2product.img on stock firmware here.
Make format data in twrp on stock firmware.

If you fail to flash, then open super.treble2product.img in the hxd editor and at the very end delete the zero values of a few kilobytes.

Last edited:

davovapo

Dec 5, 2020
Make format data in twrp on stock firmware.
Alright, I went through it again, I'm updating the steps I wrote before, I'll keep trying till I get it or brick it:

So I'm using the official firmware iPlay40(T1020S)-EN-20210526 pac file with ResearchDownload. It works great, then I boot it, activate usb debug in settings, go to fastboot and flash boot, vbmeta and recovery. Then I reboot so I can go to recovery with adb, I format data - yes and adb reboot recovery. Again in recovery it's when I try to install the super.treble2product.img in section super.

At this point the error "Size of image is larger than target device" still appears.

AllexBast

Feb 15, 2013
Alright, I went through it again, I'm updating the steps I wrote before, I'll keep trying till I get it or brick it:

So I'm using the official firmware iPlay40(T1020S)-EN-20210526 pac file with ResearchDownload. It works great, then I boot it, activate usb debug in settings, go to fastboot and flash boot, vbmeta and recovery. Then I reboot so I can go to recovery with adb, I format data - yes and adb reboot recovery. Again in recovery it's when I try to install the super.treble2product.img in section super.

At this point the error "Size of image is larger than target device" still appears.
If you fail to flash, then open super.treble2product.img in the hxd editor and at the very end delete the zero values of a few kilobytes. The file must be glued without this block of zeros in order to reduce the size of the image.

The fact is that I hurried to upload the files and did not fix the errors. But since no one wanted to test this version of the firmware, I did not double-check anything. Now I have neither a tablet nor a laptop. Therefore, I cannot check and re-upload the files.

Last edited:

davovapo

Dec 5, 2020
If you fail to flash, then open super.treble2product.img in the hxd editor and at the very end delete the zero values of a few kilobytes. The file must be glued without this block of zeros in order to reduce the size of the image.
That did it! Thank you so much AllexBast, lineageOS17.1 is installed with gapps pico following the rest of your steps. I bought this tablet without knowing much about its custom rom support and I'm glad we are able to change the OS at least, I learned quite a bit. Now the next goal would be A11 or even 12, I'd like to know more into making custom roms and see what I find and how overwhelming it is, probably a lot.

Reactions: AllexBast

AllexBast

Feb 15, 2013
I can’t deal with firmware yet. Just do not try to flash firmware 11 android from the t1020h and t1020hp models, I did it and barely recovered. I read on xda that to install 11 and 12 android you need to change something in vendor.img which is located in super.img. Know that initially we have 10 android and it is from him that we must proceed about compatibility with 11 and 12 android.

AllexBast

Feb 15, 2013
That did it! Thank you so much AllexBast, lineageOS17.1 is installed with gapps pico following the rest of your steps. I bought this tablet without knowing much about its custom rom support and I'm glad we are able to change the OS at least, I learned quite a bit. Now the next goal would be A11 or even 12, I'd like to know more into making custom roms and see what I find and how overwhelming it is, probably a lot.
For now, check out the latest builds for Android 10 here https://xdaforums.com/f/treble-enabled-device-development-a-ab-roms.7260/

RedNas74

Sep 20, 2009
I'm trying to unlock the bootloader, but i get an error from fastboot:

fastboot flashing unlock_bootloader signature.bin
fastboot: usage: unknown 'flashing' command unlock_bootloader

What am I doing wrong? I enabled oem unlocking in developer options and generated the signature.bin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I still have no luck with the information from this link.

They mention an APK, the "SpreadTrumTools-20200317.apk", but I can get this APK from nowhere. I tried several links to some Japanese (?) online storage, but I only manage to download some exe files, and obviously I don’t download them. Without it I cannot generate the signature.bin and do the rest of the steps.

I tried this method from the Hovatek forum and I still don't be able to unlock the bootloader.

When I try the command "fastboot flashing unlock_bootloader signature.bin" it always fails.

I have tried several ways to get the signature.bin, even using a live Ubuntu distro (and the hassle to learn how to do all of this in Linux).

After a large of hours getting nowhere, I think I will give up to unlock the bootloader to root this tablet.

If somebody can give any help I'll appreciate, maybe a link to download the SpreadTrumTools-20200317.apk, or other solution to unlock the bootloader.

And If possible, somebody installs the CPU Monitor app and verify if the cpu is almost all the time at 80% plus as mine.
    TWRP and ModSuper for gsi only for the IPlay40 (t1020s) model

You need to unlock the bootloader https://xdaforums.com/t/alldocube-i...-some-minor-compromises.4212541/post-85850877

install Disable encryption in Utility-T1020S_v02 https://xdaforums.com/t/alldocube-i...-some-minor-compromises.4212541/post-86203697
    (Important note! If you do not first install the fastbootd drivers before using the option to disable encryption of the utility, you will have to flash the stock firmware and start all the steps over again.
    To do this, reboot the tablet into fastbootd using the utility or the adb command. Open Device Manager. Find a new unknown device and install the fastbootd driver manually. The driver is the same as fastboot.)

You need to download:

ModSuper for gsi https://xdaforums.com/t/alldocube-i...-some-minor-compromises.4212541/post-86307695

In addition, you will need a micro SD card in order to move these files to it.
    Copy the unpacked files mod_super_gsi_sparse-v02.img and gsi rom to the memory card

restart adb recovery
    install for section super mod.super.gsi.sparse.v2.img
    wipe factory reset
    reboot recovery

install for section system gsi android 10 or 12,13 arm64 a/b pre-unpack from archive https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-(GSI)-list
    (It is important to know that not all gsi firmware can be installed on this tablet. Some cannot work due to the limited size of the super partition, others due to hardware incompatibility. If someone can change the layout of this tablet, then post on the forum how to do it.)

restart system
    configure gsi rom
    restart system

To install stock firmware you can use this
    https://xdaforums.com/t/alldocube-i...-some-minor-compromises.4212541/post-88462985 or download from the official website Spreadtrum Upgrade Tool and Guide.rar
    The stock image can be downloaded here
    To enter the firmware mode when bootloping, connect the tablet to the PC via a USB cable. Download the firmware. Run the reserch download program and use it to open the firmware file. Wait for the file to unpack and turn on the firmware mode. Hold the power button and volume -. As soon as the tablet reboots, hold down Volume - and release the Power button. As soon as the firmware process starts, release the Volume - button
    I was able to enable Gaps on build system-squeak-arm64-ab-vndklite-gapps.img.xz

Need to change
    /system/build.prop
    /system/system_ext/etc/build.prop
    /system/product/etc/build.prop

These lines

ro.product.product.brand=Alldocube
    ro.product.product.device=T1020S
    ro.product.product.manufacturer=Alldocube
    ro.product.product.model=iPlay_40
    ro.product.product.name=iPlay_40
    ro.product.board=ums512_1h10
    ro.board.platform=ums512
    ro.product.build.fingerprint=Alldocube/iPlay_40/T1020S:12/SP1A.211105.004/211103:userdebug/test-keys
    Found an easier option to disable encryption on the stock firmware for the t1020s tablet.
    The utility will do all this.
    It will flash the modified vendor.img at once to disable encryption, zero vbmeta, twrp and a patched boot via fastbootd.
    Conditions:
    The bootloader must be unlocked. Enable USB Debugging. There must be a stock firmware. The drivers for fastbootd must be installed.
    Then from fastbootd you need to go to recovery using the menu. And in the recovery, make a hard reset and reboot into the system. All data will be erased!!!
    The bootloader can be unlocked from this utility if you copy signature.bin to the utility folder.

Added Utility-T1020S_v02
    The utility has a new twrp. Source https://github.com/allex2/android_device_alldocube_T1020S
    Those are the fastboot files I've already tried and still says the same thing
    I was successful thanks to previous comments, these were the steps and files:
    -Extract files in a folder
    -Go inside the "adb-fastboot" folder, in the address bar write "cmd" and hit enter to open a terminal
    -Run
    Code:
    adb shell getprop ro.serialno
    -Copy and Install SpreadTrumTools.apk in your tablet
    -Open the app, allow permissions and input the serial you just obtained

InkedAlldocube_iPlay_40_2021_10_29_00_08_55_LI.jpg

-Tap Generate
    -Copy the file "signature.bin" inside the adb-fastboot folder in your computer
    -In the terminal run
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    -Wait for the tablet to boot into fastboot, if for any reason boots into fastbootd, navigate to reboot to fastboot
    -In the terminal run
    Code:
    fastboot oem get_identifier_token
    -Run
    Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock_bootloader signature.bin
    Unlock_Bootloader.png

-Follow instructions in your tablet (press volume down)
    -If everything is successful you should see something like this
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-24 at 10.38.04 PM.jpeg

Hope it works for you