Alldocube iPlay 40 review: an all-around tablet with some minor compromises

Search This thread

White_Spot™

Jan 31, 2011
Sorry for bumping such an old post.

I would like to share my experience, hope it is useful for others that is experiencing the same problem.

I faced the same issue, the tab kept on restarting with the "abnormal temperature" warning. It is getting worst after I updated to the latest OTA firmware.

Been following the advise from our fellow users in here (installing those apps and what's not) up to a point I would like to rip it open and try to use thermal tape and/or disconnect the battery cables.

I accidentally found that the issue wont arise if I am using the tab while charging it. Usually it took tab will restart after 2-3 minutes on Netflix but none happen when im on charging mode.

Whilst this would not solve the problem, but perhaps I could continue using my tab (and no need for me to pry it open) while waiting for the latest update that solves this problem.

Tl;dr: Use the tab in charging mode, it wouldnt restart.

Hope this helps.
In my case (my daughter) using the tablet when it is charging does not prevent the appearance of the temperature error / problem.
The only conclusion we can make is some have no issues, others have this issue always, others only sometimes. Not even worth thinking about it too much lol. But in the end, if the problem appears, you know that one solution is the addition of a 4.7K resistor to the white cable of the battery.

White_Spot™

Jan 31, 2011
I didn't get a chance to experiment with the tablet after fixing it but got the info that it is being used heavily everyday and the issue never came back. Good luck with your fix.
I should add the information that the resistor have to be added in parallel and not in series.

I first added it in series and when my daughter went to charge the tablet it didn't charge. The information / animation of charging show up, but it never passes from 0% (yes 0% as my daughter like to drain to the end of the battery).

I added a little cable, so the resistor be in parallel and the tablet start to charging normally.
Until now the problem doesn’t show up again, but it is too soon to say if the problem disappeared "forever", as sometimes the error doesn't show up several days with heavy use.

blaze2051

Jul 26, 2010
LG G7 ThinQ
LG V40
Update--- i got it to work i add to use the fastboot version from the zip file, this time it work this is for my smile1 T803 unisoc t310 tablet with android 11

fastboot flashing unlock_bootloader signature.bin command does not work

Attachments

• cmd_2022-01-24_18-52-09.png
    cmd_2022-01-24_18-52-09.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 59
  • cmd_2022-01-24_18-59-04.png
    cmd_2022-01-24_18-59-04.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

AllexBast

Feb 15, 2013

tchcrat

Dec 25, 2021
In my case (my daughter) using the tablet when it is charging does not prevent the appearance of the temperature error / problem.
The only conclusion we can make is some have no issues, others have this issue always, others only sometimes. Not even worth thinking about it too much lol. But in the end, if the problem appears, you know that one solution is the addition of a 4.7K resistor to the white cable of the battery.
That is totally against the theory. The only reason why it is not charging is that your overall resistance is too large than the programmed limits or the resistance is faulty or not making proper contact. You can just test this by cutting the white wire and not attaching anything. Double check your resistance value. If it is still causing charging failure try with lower resistance like a 2.2k. It should be in "series". Also you can connect a resistance (around 8-10k) between white and black at the mother board side after cutting the white wire if your battery ntc is totally unusable(This will void the capability to detect any change in temp though)

Last edited:
Reactions: White_Spot™

blaze2051

Jul 26, 2010
LG G7 ThinQ
LG V40
I patched T803 boot with magisk with v22.1 but once i flash boot_patched.img via RD it results in a boot loop. Am I missing a step of what other files need to be flashed?

Then i tried to flash twrp via fastboot and i got an error

Attachments

• cmd_2022-01-26_17-42-51.png
    cmd_2022-01-26_17-42-51.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

blaze2051

Jul 26, 2010
LG G7 ThinQ
LG V40
I managed to unpack raw the super.img from T803 but not sure where to go from here.

I also managed to get my boot and dtbo key from my vbmeta-sign.img. So now not sure whats the next step

Attachments

• explorer_2022-01-26_18-30-19.png
    explorer_2022-01-26_18-30-19.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 28
  • explorer_2022-01-26_22-38-46.png
    explorer_2022-01-26_22-38-46.png
    41 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

blaze2051

Jul 26, 2010
LG G7 ThinQ
LG V40
i finally figured it out, so after the smaller patch_boot.img is repacked. that avbtool command used to sign for the boot.img will inflate img back to specific size. After flashing patch_inflate boot.img along with your custom signed vbmeta.img you well get stuck on boot. thats is to be expected. after that go back to download mode and flash your stock oem vbmeta-signed.img and it will boot up to android with magisk root installed.

Attachments

• 20220128_234211_HDR.jpg
    20220128_234211_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
  • 20220128_234223_HDR.jpg
    20220128_234223_HDR.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 57

AllexBast

Feb 15, 2013
i finally figured it out, so after the smaller patch_boot.img is repacked. that avbtool command used to sign for the boot.img will inflate img back to specific size. After flashing patch_inflate boot.img along with your custom signed vbmeta.img you well get stuck on boot. thats is to be expected. after that go back to download mode and flash your stock oem vbmeta-signed.img and it will boot up to android with magisk root installed.
If you need a working vbmeta, then you should check out this post https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-32664.html. I completely disable encryption and avb control

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I still have no luck with the information from this link.

They mention an APK, the "SpreadTrumTools-20200317.apk", but I can get this APK from nowhere. I tried several links to some Japanese (?) online storage, but I only manage to download some exe files, and obviously I don’t download them. Without it I cannot generate the signature.bin and do the rest of the steps.

I tried this method from the Hovatek forum and I still don't be able to unlock the bootloader.

When I try the command "fastboot flashing unlock_bootloader signature.bin" it always fails.

I have tried several ways to get the signature.bin, even using a live Ubuntu distro (and the hassle to learn how to do all of this in Linux).

After a large of hours getting nowhere, I think I will give up to unlock the bootloader to root this tablet.

If somebody can give any help I'll appreciate, maybe a link to download the SpreadTrumTools-20200317.apk, or other solution to unlock the bootloader.

And If possible, somebody installs the CPU Monitor app and verify if the cpu is almost all the time at 80% plus as mine.
    TWRP and ModSuper for gsi only for the IPlay40 (t1020s) model

You need to unlock the bootloader https://xdaforums.com/t/alldocube-i...-some-minor-compromises.4212541/post-85850877

install Disable encryption in Utility-T1020S_v02 https://xdaforums.com/t/alldocube-i...-some-minor-compromises.4212541/post-86203697
    (Important note! If you do not first install the fastbootd drivers before using the option to disable encryption of the utility, you will have to flash the stock firmware and start all the steps over again.
    To do this, reboot the tablet into fastbootd using the utility or the adb command. Open Device Manager. Find a new unknown device and install the fastbootd driver manually. The driver is the same as fastboot.)

You need to download:

ModSuper for gsi https://xdaforums.com/t/alldocube-i...-some-minor-compromises.4212541/post-86307695

In addition, you will need a micro SD card in order to move these files to it.
    Copy the unpacked files mod_super_gsi_sparse-v02.img and gsi rom to the memory card

restart adb recovery
    install for section super mod.super.gsi.sparse.v2.img
    wipe factory reset
    reboot recovery

install for section system gsi android 10 or 12,13 arm64 a/b pre-unpack from archive https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-(GSI)-list
    (It is important to know that not all gsi firmware can be installed on this tablet. Some cannot work due to the limited size of the super partition, others due to hardware incompatibility. If someone can change the layout of this tablet, then post on the forum how to do it.)

restart system
    configure gsi rom
    restart system

To install stock firmware you can use this
    https://xdaforums.com/t/alldocube-i...-some-minor-compromises.4212541/post-88462985 or download from the official website Spreadtrum Upgrade Tool and Guide.rar
    The stock image can be downloaded here
    To enter the firmware mode when bootloping, connect the tablet to the PC via a USB cable. Download the firmware. Run the reserch download program and use it to open the firmware file. Wait for the file to unpack and turn on the firmware mode. Hold the power button and volume -. As soon as the tablet reboots, hold down Volume - and release the Power button. As soon as the firmware process starts, release the Volume - button
    I was able to enable Gaps on build system-squeak-arm64-ab-vndklite-gapps.img.xz

Need to change
    /system/build.prop
    /system/system_ext/etc/build.prop
    /system/product/etc/build.prop

These lines

ro.product.product.brand=Alldocube
    ro.product.product.device=T1020S
    ro.product.product.manufacturer=Alldocube
    ro.product.product.model=iPlay_40
    ro.product.product.name=iPlay_40
    ro.product.board=ums512_1h10
    ro.board.platform=ums512
    ro.product.build.fingerprint=Alldocube/iPlay_40/T1020S:12/SP1A.211105.004/211103:userdebug/test-keys
    Found an easier option to disable encryption on the stock firmware for the t1020s tablet.
    The utility will do all this.
    It will flash the modified vendor.img at once to disable encryption, zero vbmeta, twrp and a patched boot via fastbootd.
    Conditions:
    The bootloader must be unlocked. Enable USB Debugging. There must be a stock firmware. The drivers for fastbootd must be installed.
    Then from fastbootd you need to go to recovery using the menu. And in the recovery, make a hard reset and reboot into the system. All data will be erased!!!
    The bootloader can be unlocked from this utility if you copy signature.bin to the utility folder.

Added Utility-T1020S_v02
    The utility has a new twrp. Source https://github.com/allex2/android_device_alldocube_T1020S
    Those are the fastboot files I've already tried and still says the same thing
    I was successful thanks to previous comments, these were the steps and files:
    -Extract files in a folder
    -Go inside the "adb-fastboot" folder, in the address bar write "cmd" and hit enter to open a terminal
    -Run
    Code:
    adb shell getprop ro.serialno
    -Copy and Install SpreadTrumTools.apk in your tablet
    -Open the app, allow permissions and input the serial you just obtained

InkedAlldocube_iPlay_40_2021_10_29_00_08_55_LI.jpg

-Tap Generate
    -Copy the file "signature.bin" inside the adb-fastboot folder in your computer
    -In the terminal run
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    -Wait for the tablet to boot into fastboot, if for any reason boots into fastbootd, navigate to reboot to fastboot
    -In the terminal run
    Code:
    fastboot oem get_identifier_token
    -Run
    Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock_bootloader signature.bin
    Unlock_Bootloader.png

-Follow instructions in your tablet (press volume down)
    -If everything is successful you should see something like this
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-24 at 10.38.04 PM.jpeg

Hope it works for you