Alldocube iPlay 40 review: an all-around tablet with some minor compromises

Search This thread

davovapo

Dec 5, 2020
For gapps to work, you need to change the data that is in the build.prop file in the vendor
I used 7zip to extract the img file, added the lines on those 3 build.prop files and used ImgBurn to make and .img again and after flashing and reboot it goes to fastboot. I stayed basically all Saturday dealing with the tablet for now I give up. I'll try to research this further at later points.

ar_aja

Aug 30, 2013
LG G3
OnePlus 3T
Hi guys, today I screwed up, I had a lineageos rom on my iplay40 with magisk and I made the mistake to update from magisk23 to magisk24.1 through the app which brought me to not be able to boot the device again and stays like the pic attached.

I can't go to recovery or fastbood mode either so I don't really know how to move forward, pressing power+up or down just resets the tablet. I have the program called ResearchDownload and the .pac file with the firmware but I think I'd need to enter fastboot to flash the firmware again. Do you think it could be saved?
I just did the exact same thing, care to elaborate if/how you fixed it?, thanks in advance

Edit:

I managed to fix it by flashing the boot.img via ResearchDownload as suggested by @Wajs

Be sure to flash the boot.img of the twrp installer, if you use the default image from the stock .pac you'll loose twrp access, learnt that the hard way lol

Last edited:

Gordolfo

Jan 23, 2018
I was successful thanks to previous comments, these were the steps and files:
-Extract files in a folder
-Go inside the "adb-fastboot" folder, in the address bar write "cmd" and hit enter to open a terminal
-Run
Code:
adb shell getprop ro.serialno
-Copy and Install SpreadTrumTools.apk in your tablet
-Open the app, allow permissions and input the serial you just obtained

View attachment 5443947
-Tap Generate
-Copy the file "signature.bin" inside the adb-fastboot folder in your computer
-In the terminal run
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
-Wait for the tablet to boot into fastboot, if for any reason boots into fastbootd, navigate to reboot to fastboot
-In the terminal run
Code:
fastboot oem get_identifier_token
-Run
Code:
fastboot flashing unlock_bootloader signature.bin
View attachment 5443949
-Follow instructions in your tablet (press volume down)
-If everything is successful you should see something like this
View attachment 5443951
Hope it works for you
Thank you, I was finally able to root my alldocube iplay 40.

elvin3

Dec 10, 2007

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 6
The Android 12L(now renamed 12.1) released! I have flashed, it is optimized for tablet. Very nice! Download v410 and flash to enjoy it!

Dude, any instructions or at least which files to download? Cheers

EDIT: ALSO, how is the battery life after time for ROM to settle, in comparsion to stock. That's my biggest concern. Cheers

Last edited:

coyttl

May 6, 2011
Mid-Atlantic
Hey guys - quick question -
Trying to unlock the bootloader, and have tried the two fastboot links that were linked earlier, and no matter what I get the:
Code:
fastboot: usage: unknown 'flashing' command unlock
message. (Tried 'unlock', 'unlock-bootloader', and 'unlock_critical', all give the same error.)
I got the signature file, generated (a couple different ways, actually, tried in case one way wa bad), but still no go.

Thoughts?

albe90262

Apr 12, 2022
I have already unlocked my bootloader now how do i flash the .img file in TWRP - iPlay40(T1020S) to my iPLay40 Pro??? Please provide details steps....

Neuromancer

Apr 1, 2013
Isn't H the same as non-H, except for the higher version of Android? And "Pro" is the same as H, except for more RAM and storage.

kkcheong

Oct 20, 2009
Penang
LG V50 ThinQ
Bootloader unlock is universal, works on h and pro. Rooting is possible, but I no longer do kernel mods and vbmeta signatures.
Thanks. Maybe I can try it. Any tutorial?
Isn't H the same as non-H, except for the higher version of Android? And "Pro" is the same as H, except for more RAM and storage.
I need to correct that:
1. H - Android 11
2. Non H - android 10
3. Pro - 256gb

All RAM is 8gb.

seledreams

Jun 28, 2019
I have tried the iplay40 utility from @AllexBast and most of it seems to work, but when fastbootd is opened it gets stuck on "waiting for any device" that might be a driver issue but where could I find the fastbootd drivers ? everything else works, adb fastboot (bootloader) etc, just not fastbootd
I own a standard iplay40 (T1020S)

ps : I checked, I did install at least all the drivers required for the stock flashing tool and i installed these https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb

AllexBast

Feb 15, 2013
I have tried the iplay40 utility from @AllexBast and most of it seems to work, but when fastbootd is opened it gets stuck on "waiting for any device" that might be a driver issue but where could I find the fastbootd drivers ? everything else works, adb fastboot (bootloader) etc, just not fastbootd
I own a standard iplay40 (T1020S)

ps : I checked, I did install at least all the drivers required for the stock flashing tool and i installed these https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb
Almost like in this video, but the name of the unknown device will be different.

Reactions: aibo-dog

seledreams

Jun 28, 2019
Almost like in this video, but the name of the unknown device will be different.
I actually did follow this video, and there is a "Unisoc Phone" unknown device here, however, when I try to install the fastbootd driver in the same way as the video, it just results in "windows did not find drivers for your device" when i select the directory of the fastbootd drivers
this is the identifier of the driver that's missing
USB\VID_1782&PID_4EE0&REV_0414

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I still have no luck with the information from this link.

They mention an APK, the "SpreadTrumTools-20200317.apk", but I can get this APK from nowhere. I tried several links to some Japanese (?) online storage, but I only manage to download some exe files, and obviously I don’t download them. Without it I cannot generate the signature.bin and do the rest of the steps.

I tried this method from the Hovatek forum and I still don't be able to unlock the bootloader.

When I try the command "fastboot flashing unlock_bootloader signature.bin" it always fails.

I have tried several ways to get the signature.bin, even using a live Ubuntu distro (and the hassle to learn how to do all of this in Linux).

After a large of hours getting nowhere, I think I will give up to unlock the bootloader to root this tablet.

If somebody can give any help I'll appreciate, maybe a link to download the SpreadTrumTools-20200317.apk, or other solution to unlock the bootloader.

And If possible, somebody installs the CPU Monitor app and verify if the cpu is almost all the time at 80% plus as mine.
    TWRP and ModSuper for gsi only for the IPlay40 (t1020s) model

You need to unlock the bootloader https://xdaforums.com/t/alldocube-i...-some-minor-compromises.4212541/post-85850877

Install the firmware from this post

install for section system gsi android 10 or 12,13 arm64 a/b pre-unpack from archive https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-(GSI)-list
    (It is important to know that not all gsi firmware can be installed on this tablet. Some cannot work due to the limited size of the super partition, others due to hardware incompatibility. If someone can change the layout of this tablet, then post on the forum how to do it.)

restart system
    configure gsi rom
    restart system

To install stock firmware you can use this
    https://xdaforums.com/t/alldocube-i...-some-minor-compromises.4212541/post-88462985 or download from the official website Spreadtrum Upgrade Tool and Guide.rar
    The stock image can be downloaded here
    To enter the firmware mode when bootloping, connect the tablet to the PC via a USB cable. Download the firmware. Run the reserch download program and use it to open the firmware file. Wait for the file to unpack and turn on the firmware mode. Hold the power button and volume -. As soon as the tablet reboots, hold down Volume - and release the Power button. As soon as the firmware process starts, release the Volume - button
    I was able to enable Gaps on build system-squeak-arm64-ab-vndklite-gapps.img.xz

Need to change
    /system/build.prop
    /system/system_ext/etc/build.prop
    /system/product/etc/build.prop

These lines

ro.product.product.brand=Alldocube
    ro.product.product.device=T1020S
    ro.product.product.manufacturer=Alldocube
    ro.product.product.model=iPlay_40
    ro.product.product.name=iPlay_40
    ro.product.board=ums512_1h10
    ro.board.platform=ums512
    ro.product.build.fingerprint=Alldocube/iPlay_40/T1020S:12/SP1A.211105.004/211103:userdebug/test-keys
    Found an easier option to disable encryption on the stock firmware for the t1020s tablet.
    The utility will do all this.
    It will flash the modified vendor.img at once to disable encryption, zero vbmeta, twrp and a patched boot via fastbootd.
    Conditions:
    The bootloader must be unlocked. Enable USB Debugging. There must be a stock firmware. The drivers for fastbootd must be installed.
    Then from fastbootd you need to go to recovery using the menu. And in the recovery, make a hard reset and reboot into the system. All data will be erased!!!
    The bootloader can be unlocked from this utility if you copy signature.bin to the utility folder.

Added Utility-T1020S_v02
    The utility has a new twrp. Source https://github.com/allex2/android_device_alldocube_T1020S
    Those are the fastboot files I've already tried and still says the same thing
    I was successful thanks to previous comments, these were the steps and files:
    -Extract files in a folder
    -Go inside the "adb-fastboot" folder, in the address bar write "cmd" and hit enter to open a terminal
    -Run
    Code:
    adb shell getprop ro.serialno
    -Copy and Install SpreadTrumTools.apk in your tablet
    -Open the app, allow permissions and input the serial you just obtained

InkedAlldocube_iPlay_40_2021_10_29_00_08_55_LI.jpg

-Tap Generate
    -Copy the file "signature.bin" inside the adb-fastboot folder in your computer
    -In the terminal run
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    -Wait for the tablet to boot into fastboot, if for any reason boots into fastbootd, navigate to reboot to fastboot
    -In the terminal run
    Code:
    fastboot oem get_identifier_token
    -Run
    Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock_bootloader signature.bin
    Unlock_Bootloader.png

-Follow instructions in your tablet (press volume down)
    -If everything is successful you should see something like this
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-24 at 10.38.04 PM.jpeg

Hope it works for you