Allwinner T8, no way to enable developer options

Search This thread

diogofmaciel

May 6, 2012
Manila, Philippines
Hi guys! Reaching out to see if someone encountered this or have any suggestion on what I can try.

So I have this head unit for a while and I don't have major complains.

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-05 at 20.08.40 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-05 at 20.08.40.jpeg

The only being that it has a version of Torque installed as a system app and I can't update it via Play store, as is says the signnature doesnn't match, and I can't sideload it either for the same reason. So I was hoping to be able to uninstall it via adb and that's where I problems started.

For me to use adb, I need to connect it via usb. problem is when I connect it via cable the pc doesn't see it, probably because the unit doesn't report itself as a phone. So I figured I could try adb via wireless. But either way I need to have usb debugging on. Which is a simple matter of enabling dev options right?

Problem is, when I go to Settings >> About Devices, I don't have a "build number" to enable dev options.

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-05 at 20.08.40 (2).jpeg

With this info, have anyone encountered a unit blocking dev options like this? I checked for videos of other Allwinner models, even some with the same specs, and it seems my unit has something different that doesn't have that option.

Any other way to get dev options? Or maybe a way to root it?

Thank you!